EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A few nights later...

N'Jal awoke her Champion, Nosdyn. "My Champion, there is a matter we must discuss."

He nodded towards her. "What is it?"

N'Jal had a concerned expression on her face. "I have found out through divination and scrying a former ally of yours will be leading The Ettermire forces on that day."

Nosdyn thought about what his Master was telling him. "Lancaster's son." The realization came to him right away, he would have been a General by that point.

N'Jal nodded. "He will tempt you...promise you things."

Nosdyn listened carefully to what she was saying. "How do I prepare?"

By that point, Nosdyn wore the attire of an N'Jal Acolyte. But the symbols were for him alone, as her champion. He'd always preferred leather style armour anyway, it offered more mobility.

He trained with N'Jal and The Priestess until the eve of the chosen day.

N'Jal spoke to him. "You have been well trained for today. Go. Remember what I've taught you, do not take ANYTHING they offer."

General Llukai Lancaster looked on the field ahead. The opposing faction, a rival cult or guild...stood directly opposite them. No more than sixty or so strong. Llukai chuckled, this would be a slaughter. One of his scouts, a scryer approached him.

"General, there's a problem." The man said.

Llukai raised an eyebrow. "What sort of problem?" He asked.

"There is an outside element." The man said. He showed him the scrying tool. On the west ridge of the field, a lone individual stood there. He wore marks that Llukai had no knowledge of.

"The symbols on that one's attire...what do they mean?" Llukai asked.

The man looked at Llukai and spoke very carefully. "You are not going to like this...it's one of N'Jal's. But only one so far...and the interloper has not acted yet."

Llukai was deeply troubled. He had no knowledge of any of her Temples in that area. He sighed. "As long as the outsider does not intervene...we continue as planned."

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn stood before the field quietly. He was in deep thought...it had been many moons since he'd last seen Lancaster's boy. It was almost nostalgic. Nosdyn steeled himself for the event that was about to occur. The opposite faction was trivial, he was certain Ettermire's defender's would wipe them out anyway.

Hours later, the battle had gone underway. Basic Ettermire siege tactics, things were going fine. Llukai had a worry in his heart though, the knowledge that the interloper had not acted yet troubled him deeply. What are they waiting for? Llukai wondered. He had a really bad feeling about what was going to happen...

At some point, it was mop-up time the cult had been routed or bested. Right as the last few soldiers surrendered something happened....

Llukai noticed it right away...and that horrible feeling hit him like a ton of bricks.

The interloper yelled at that point, a primal scream. He raised his fist up to the sky and ran down upon the field, he intervened. The man used a weapon that only a certain race ever used.

Llukai saw that weapon right away. "It can't be..."

The interloper began to cut down members of both factions. Without hesitation or pause, he simply acted as one who had killed his entire life.

Dread filled Llukai's heart....

At some point...the interloper was directly in front of him.

Somehow, Llukai knew who this man was....

The man struck Llukai hard across his face. But did nothing else at that point. He lowered his hood...

"Gods..." Llukai saw him, the man they'd betrayed months earlier. Nosdyn Krotar. "You're with N'Jal, WHY are you with N'Jal?!"

Nosdyn sighed. "You really don't understand do you?" Nosdyn shook his head. "Your people were going to kill me in that prison...I am pretty sure you rescued me not out of loyalty...but another reason." Nosdyn looked at him. "Tell Xyllea my Master, N'Jal sends her regards."

Llukai couldn't believe it. "Nosdyn....why have you done this?"

Nosdyn looked at the boy, at that point he had a sincere look of pity on his face. "Your people caused my Exile, Llukai. For the second time in my life. I don't think you will ever understand what that means. I had no where else to turn no where else to go. No other City, no other race would have ever accepted me. Your people were my only chance at redemption."

Llukai sighed. "We are enemies then." He said calmly.

"We are. Next time we meet on the field of battle...I will expect no quarter from you I will not be holding back either, boy." Nosdyn looked at the boy just then. "This could have been all avoided." Nosdyn raised his hood at that point.

"Wait..." Llukai said at that point. "I need to know something. I have too many questions for you."

Nosdyn paused at that point he looked back at Llukai. "Next time we meet, I will show you and your people the same mercy you showed me. Which was none." Nosdyn walked away at that point.

"He's with N'Jal now..." Llukai sighed. "Gods where did this all go so wrong?"
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-19-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night...

Nosdyn had made love to his Undead acolytes since he returned home from the battle. N'Jal observed as the priestess sucked him off. She smiled at her Champion. Nosdyn looked at her. "It was Llukai as we both suspected." He told her. He shoved himself deep in his Priestess throat at that point she did not mind or state any complaint.

N'Jal nodded. "What did they offer?" She asked.

Nosdyn thought about that for a moment or two. "Actually...he was sincerely shocked that I'd joined forced with you." He exploded his seed in his Priestess' throat at that point, she swallowed all of it.

N'Jal thought about what Nosdyn said. "He would have taken its as a betrayal probably."

"Likely." Nosdyn said to her. He pulled his Priestess up towards him and kissed her deeply in front on N'Jal. He knew he would not have to hold back before his Master. "There was another thing..." Nosdyn said at that point.

N'Jal sat down next to her Champion and the priestess who was spent by that point. "What was it?"

"It's not just that he was shocked that I'd joined forces with you..." Nosdyn said calmly. He smiled to his master at that point. "It's that he did not ever consider it a possibility at all." He hugged his Priestess at that point, she was warm after that intense round of breeding.

"You have been taught well, My Champion." N'Jal said. And at that point, she kissed him.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-19-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    His companions slept. N'Jal was next to him on the makeshift bed. He'd not felt so at peace in a very long time by her side. He watched her sleeping for a moment and sighed happily. With this other rebel, this other exile in his arms...he'd found what he'd been looking. A place to call home. Nosdyn never slept, it was a flaw of his people. But he was content being up all night watching his women sleep. He would protect his companions with his life...especially N'Jal. He thought to the battle where Llukai was present.

N'Jal stirred at that point. She kissed his chest softly. "What troubles you?"

"Maybe...maybe I would have saved myself a lot of heart ache if things had gone different." He said to her softly.

"In what sense?" She asked quietly.

"In the sense...had I joined you sooner. Maybe...maybe I would have been spared a lot of pain I didn't need to go through." He thought of Illsandra and Xyllea at that point...but he didn't feel guilt about either situation anymore. N'Jal had filled the void in his heart.

"These events unfolded exactly as they were meant to. Someday you will understand this too." N'Jal revealed to him, it was a profound thing for her to say. "I will tell you one thing...you have amazing technique in the bed." She smiled calmly at that point.

"You want more I take it, my Master?" He smiled with mischief of his own. He felt her get on top of him, and put his strong member inside of her. He moaned softly. He held his Goddess in his arms an and softly made love to her.

Nosdyn woke up that next morning. He'd felt completely invigorated from the day the battle took place. He'd come full circle at that point. He thought about his son sometimes when he was alone at night. He did miss his son. But that could not be helped at that point. He suspected there would be more battles on that ridge, and more of having to defend what he believed in those days. He stepped out of the cave at that point, he was skyclad. He was home there was no need for him to worry about clothing in some situations there.

At that point...he noticed he was being stared at. "You can come out of hiding I know you're there."

He saw robes he had not seen in a long time...black robes the robes of a certain Psionic's Guild. Nosdyn frowned. He knew who had just arrived. He kept his distance from them. He watched as Xyllea and several others lowered their hoods.

Xyllea stepped forward.

Nosdyn took several steps back, away from her. He narrowed his eyes upon seeing her. "What do you want? And I'd stay back if I were you."

Xyllea sighed. "I had to see if it were true...I had to see it with my own eyes." She was genuinely surprised by the fact.

"What did you have to see? That I sided with N'Jal? What the fuck did you really think was going to happen?" Nosdyn told her, he was losing his temper at that point. Up until that time he'd never fought back any time they'd harmed him. Because of her and Ilsandra.

Xyllea sighed. "Lloth put a writ on your head...there was no choice in the matter."

"Save it!" Nosdyn suddenly yelled. "Since that day I saved you...I gave myself to you. I kept dealing with things over and over out of respect for your people. And that last time...it was all caused by you. Llukai told me. He told me the writ was placed on my head by The Lloth Priesthood. I was set up, Xyllea."

Xyllea was trying to hold back her anguish, she didn't believe what she was hearing from him. But she knew it was the truth. "Nosdyn..." Xyllea began.

And just then...the unthinkable happened. Xyllea looked in terror at who appeared behind Nosdyn.

Nosdyn stepped aside to allow his Master to come forth and say what she needed to say. "Xyllea...." N'Jal suddenly said. N'Jal knew the woman's name. "I know the reason why you are here. I can smell it." She said calmly.

Xyllea took a step or two back. "I have come to beg him for forgiveness."

N'Jal motioned for her Champion to step forward when that was said. "What would you say to that my Champion?"

Nosdyn nodded towards N'Jal and stepped directly in front of Xyllea. "You...showed me no mercy when you had me jailed over the Writ your bitch goddess placed on my head." Nosdyn was very serious. He was saying what he'd needed to say since that event happened. "When me and you were married, Xyllea I accepted your people and your culture completely. You didn't extend the same courtesy to me. I don't know what you thought you would find here. But N'Jal is my Master. I have no intention of ever returning to Ettermire. To fight for scraps...to be ridiculed in silence for who and what I was. To be hated and despised. If you hate me so profusely, hate me because I'm with N'Jal now." Nosdyn said.

As a warning, N'Jal stepped forward towards Xyllea. "You didn't show him any mercy, and now you wish his forgiveness. Typical Dark Elf WHORE." And N'Jal suddenly attacked. "You will never return here and you will leave him alone from now on."

Xyllea had been knocked on the ground at that point, she was in pain. The others helped her up. It was only at that point, that Xyllea realized the incredible mistake they had all made in causing his exile. She stood up and looked at him one last time. "I'm so sorry." She said quietly, and they did take their leave, completely and utterly defeated.

For a long moment, Nosdyn stood there in silence as he looked at his Master. "Thank you." He quietly said to her. "I never attacked back out of respect for her people...so thank you. You acted where I could not."

N'Jal nodded at her champion. "You now know them as well as I do. You see how pathetic they are. What I've been trying to teach you about them."

Nosdyn nodded. "Let's get back inside our home my Master." And he was perfectly content living in the cave for the rest of his days with his Goddess.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-19-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Months later...

Another battle was going to take place that month outside of their temple. By then, N'Jal's influence had grown.

Nosdyn's seed was strong, he'd given the Undead Acolytes and his Priestess considerable strength by that time.

By that time, there was no more need to hide who they were. N'Jal stood alongside her most trusted Champion on The Western Ridge. This time...it was play for keeps time. As before two warring factions, one that represented Ettermire's military was present.

Somehow, Nosdyn knew Llukai Lancaster would be leading Ettermire's forces. Nosdyn had his hood lowered, there was no more reason to hide who and what he was.

N'Jal looked at her Champion. "Do not be afraid, I will be by your side."

Nosdyn nodded. "I actually am not scared to die. I once told his Father...I wasn't ever scared of death." Nosdyn had grown somewhat older by that time, wiser...but his race aged different.

N'Jal watched how far her Champion had come. She smiled at him...

Llukai Lancaster looked at what was on the western ridge. He sighed. "He's there." Llukai noticed Nosdyn there immediately.

His Adviser looked at him. "N'Jal is also present."

Llukai nodded. "This is going to get very messy." Llukai sighed...they had made the biggest mistake of their age in forcing Nosdyn into exile. Now he'd become one of their most feared adversaries. Llukai looked at his Adviser for a long moment. "Send a small group back to Ettermire. Tell them what has happened here if it all goes as bad as I think it will." Llukai looked at Nosdyn's direction. Gods...he's sided with N'Jal...Heavens help us all...
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-19-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Hours into the battle...something happened.

N'Jal and Nosdyn closed in on Llukai Lancaster's position.

N'Jal watched her Champion closely...this would be his single most difficult challenge ever, she knew. But she would never judge her champion. The fighting stopped by that point. She observed what happened next.

Nosdyn looked at Llukai Lancster standing in front of him..he could have easily struck the boy down. Something happened right then...a memory of the past. He recalled when he first met Lancaster's son. The boy has a learning deficit. You are reaching them when no one else ever could. It was only then, the circle had come completely around. He looked at the boy, shut his weapon off and attached it back to his belt. He could never bring himself to truly harm Lancaster's boy. He looked at N'Jal, his master for a sign, for approval.

Do what you must, I am by your side. She said telepathically to him alone.

Maybe it was out of pity, or something else entirely...but he could never bring himself to harm the kid. He walked directly in front of the boy. "For what it's worth, your Father would have been proud of you boy." There was no malice in Nosdyn's voice at that point...only a profound peace.

Llukai looked back at Nosdyn...he was beginning to understand something just then. "I have failed you, Nosdyn." Llukai should have been the one man, the one ally Nosdyn could have always depended on. Something happened to Llukai's head at that point, he'd recalled a time in his youth when he first met Nosdyn. The memory was a profound one...was the first time Nosdyn stuck his neck out for Llukai...the first time of many in their lives. It was then, he realized the profound failure of what had happened. "Forgive me My Lord." Llukai said honestly at that point, he'd never been so honest at he had at that point in his life.

Nosdyn would never bring great harm to the boy. The other soldiers were watching what transpired...they would never understand the profound admiration and love he held in his heart for that kid. He looked at Llukai and spoke. "Your Father once told me...you had a learning deficit boy. I was the only one who had reached you...who could teach you in any sort of way." Nosdyn sighed, it had always been difficult for him to be so forthcoming and honest. "Had things gone different...i would have died for you boy. To honour your Father." Nosdyn took a long look at the boy. He was hoping somehow, he could reach the one man who could ever done anything to stop what he'd gone through...the hell he'd been through.

It was only then, Llukai Lancaster understood. At long last, the boy understood what the man he once called his own family had been trying to teach him that entire time. Nosdyn would have united their people at one point. Llukai sighed realizing how so very profoundly he'd failed the one man he should have fought for his entire life. He nodded towards Nosdyn at that point. "Go. Be at peace...we are not enemies." Llukai said to the man profoundly. Llukai was thinking on what had just happened, N'Jals greatest Champion had just spared him...a lowly boy who'd always had a learning deficit. He looked as N'Jal and Nosdyn somberly left the field of battle. He looked at his adviser, and right then did the single most brave thing he would ever do in his life. To honour him..to honour the one man who ever gave a shit about him and his friends his entire life. To do SOME good for the sheer fucked up situation he had caused, he could have stopped it...but he'd been a coward and a fool. "Order the retreat." Llukai said.

When they would return to Ettermire that day, he would stand down as General, he was not fit to lead anyone.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-20-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night...

He'd not said a word since they returned home.

N'Jal noticed that but would honour what he'd just been through....what her Champion had just done for her. N'Jal spoke quietly. "Mortals often think I'm a cold and heartless Monster." N'Jal said just then to him. 'Things are not always black and white...my methods are far different from other deities...but that does not make me a Monster." N'Jal was being honest, truthful to him.

He nodded quietly a she spoke. "When I first met that kid...his Father told me there was a group of them in the slums. I made it my own responsibility to teach those kids that nobody else ever gave a damn about." Nosdyn's heart was heavy...he'd meant what he told Llukai that day. Had things gone different, he would have given his life for the boy.

N'Jal nodded. "It's difficult knowing loved ones suffer." She suddenly said in a very profound way.

He looked at her with a soft expression on his face. He'd never heard her speak in that way before...there was more to his Goddess than he even he initially thought about. He nodded. "It is." He paused for a moment but continued to speak. "For what it's worth they changed me in a lot of ways despite everything that happened. I can serve you better because of them."

N'Jal placed her hand on the side of his face gently. "In your time there, you lost more than one great love of your life." N'Jal said calmly. "The second time, Xyllea, she stole your son. Some folks will never go through the sheer Hell you'd gone through for those people. I know...despite the fact that you're my Champion you will always feel some obligation to them. But you will always be my greatest Champion. Know that Nosdyn. I will always confide in you as you have so profoundly given yourself to me. I have also learned from you." She'd meant that...in some ways he was not just her Champion but her companion.

To hear his Goddess speak such profound things to him, he nodded. "You have many more things to teach me as well I suspect."

Just then, N'Jal said a simple thing to him, not out of any selfish reason, but out of desire for her Demon. "Come to bed with me, Nosdyn."

He did so.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-20-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Many nights later...

N'Jal watched her Champion complete the ritual, exactly as she had taught him. Her Champion had given The Undead women, strength and courage. Before her eyes, and with her approval, he even took The Priestess as his mate. When the ritual was completed...N'Jal sensed something outside she had not foreseen. "Go to him." N'Jal said to Nosdyn.

Nosdyn was dressed at that point and he stepped outside of the cave. He was surprised by what he saw next. Llukai Lancaster stood there. He no longer wore any symbols or markings of Ettermire. He had matured since the last time they met. Nosdyn nodded to the boy. "Llukai..." He said calmly, there was no malice there.

Llukai stepped forward towards Nosdyn. "I...I know you might never fully forgive my people for what we've done to you." Llukai began, the maturity was there, the maturity had always been there. "I've thought long and hard about how to try and make some of his right." Llukai looked at Nosdyn at that point, no longer as an enemy or anything like that, but as an equal. As man who'd once given a shit about a boy who had a learning deficit. At that point, Llukai Lancaster did something profound. He knelt before Nosdyn Krotar, and N'Jal who was behind Nosdyn quietly observing. "I...I know you might never fully forgive me." He said again. "But I hope that by surrendering to you and your Master...perhaps I can help repair some of the damage I have caused you."

Just then...something inside Nosdyn was sparked. He cried before the boy and N'Jal. He walked over towards him, and knelt before him. "Listen to me boy. What's done is done...we all made choices during that time that could have been different. But now it's too late. What we CAN affect is tomorrow." Nosdyn said to the boy. "Remember what I've always taught you." At that point, The Demon showed him the kindness that he'd once given so freely to them. "Your Father would not want this for you boy. Me walking alongside N'Jal was my own choice...my own fate. As I told you that time...things could have gone different."

Llukai nodded at Nosdyn at that point. "What should I do?" He asked of Nosdyn.

Nosdyn gave Llukai one final lesson. "You must find the path you are meant to walk on. Be brave, Llukai Lancaster. You have always had a maturity in you, a strength. Use that to help heal your people's wounds." Nosdyn nodded. "If you ever need to speak to me and my Master about any matters, you know how to find us...you know where we will always be."

Llukai stood up as did Nosdyn at that point. "Thank you, Nosdyn." He bravely looked at N'jal at that point. "Thank you for giving my Uncle a home." Llukai knew at that point...N'Jal had given Nosdyn what The Dark Elf people could not.

N'Jal nodded towards Lancaster's son. "Be at peace young one. You have a long road ahead of you." She said to him.

Nosdyn watched Llukai Lancaster walk off into the night. He looked back towards N'Jal at that point. "His Father would have been proud." He said to her.

She nodded. "Let's go back home." She said quietly, and they both returned into their cave.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Epilogue...

Many years later...

Nosdyn sensed it before anyone else did...a presence a lone presence he had not felt for a long time. It alarmed him that particular presence would have shown after so long...Nosdyn suddenly stood up. He awoke N'Jal at that point. "My Master there's a problem." Nosdyn said to her and they both stepped outside of the cave.

"Father"' A voice called out from the darkness.

Nosdyn's heart sank all at once at that point...the one person...the one factor that could have ever made a difference in any of this was standing outside wandering around calling for him. He'd have been a man by that point. N'Jal stood by him, he knew he would have to be strong to face whatever would happen...to face whatever was about to occur. Nosdyn called out to the boy...he'd not seen him in years but always...he thought of him. "Tharak." Nosdyn called, making sure his son could hear him.

He had

Tharak had red skin, unlike Nosdyn's own blue skin tone...The natural Krotar birthmarks were also on his son's body. He had hair instead of horns, likely from his Mother, Xyllea.

Nosdyn looked at his son carefully...trying to figure out why then, why now. There were many questions.

Tharak stood in front of his Father. He looked down to the ground for a moment. "We are more alike than you will ever know Father." He said to him. "I've also been exiled because of who I am...Mother also did this to me." Tharak said, there was sincere pain and anguish in the boy's eyes. "I didn't know where else to go, Father."

It had come around full circle at that point...something horrible was eating away and rotting the heart of what Ettermire and her people once stood for.

Nosdyn thought long and hard about what he was hearing. "Lancaster's boy, what happened to him?" Nosdyn asked of his son.

Tharak nodded. "After the night he came here to speak to you...he never returned to Ettermire...he's been missing for years Father."

Nosdyn was trying to ascertain the truth...but he knew his son would never lie to him..there was too much Demon inside the boy. Too much honour at stake. "And you are certain it was Xyllea that did this to you?" He just had to know...that would mean that twice now...the same bitch had betrayed them.

Tharak nodded. "Father...I wasn't able to fight back. They did something to me...it was not like what they did to you. I just could not fight back.." He started crying at that point.

For the first time, since that whole nightmare began...since the last time he saw his son in person...he hugged his boy. "You kept your honour, boy. You did the best you could."

"What do I do Father...I have nowhere else to go." He said to him.

Nosdyn looked back towards N'Jal. "You know I am with N'Jal at this point...things aren't so simple anymore. You have to be certain this is what you want..I am not like The Sons of Ettermire are...I am not a coward. I will not try to sell you anything. This has to be YOUR choice." He hugged his boy...it was good to see his son again having grown so mature at that point. That fierce intelligence was always in his eyes.

After a moment, Tharak nodded. He looked at N'Jal, the Master, and spoke plainly, very similar to how Nosdyn himself would speak. "What do I have to do to submit to your teachings?"

And so...it began.

-The End.-

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Pains of the past.
    Reward Judgment

Rewards:

Nosdyn receives:
    2070 EXP
    225 Gold

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou's Autobiography, #1)

all rewards added
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.