EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile

[Solo] Lorenor Chronicles Chapter 1.

(Begins about mid-way through the events of the cataclysm in the fq events. Is an attempt to chronicle Lorenor's life almost completely from scratch. I'm re-inventing a LOT of the old lore and adding a few new surprises. Some of the later on events will eventually coincide with Nosdyn's story. Will contain erotic themes...OH AND ALSO if you guys did not already know Lorenor is gay. Just throwing that out there if such matters offend you, don't read this thread. You've been warned.)

He'd found the abandoned ruins months into the initial events of the cataclysm. Alone in the end, he would only have a heavy heart thinking of friends long gone. However, he'd been a survivor. Since the night he was first cursed with undeath...he'd been a survivor. Lorenor thought about his broken past for many years at that point...trying to figure out exactly what had gone wrong with him. He was undead...but never directly one of N'Jal's own creations. He'd been denied that right. His allegiance and creation was far older, far more primal in origin. At some point in his long life, he'd been one of N'Jal's servants, one of her own priests. In the fold there was no such thing as loyalty except to N'Jal.

Lorenor was betrayed in the end over a forged copy of a once sacred tome of N'Jal. He'd been able to discern the nature of the forgery and was trying to save his companions from N'Jal's treachery. But he could not, and that night another thing happened. Sei Orlouge found him defeated that night and took him into the Ixian Knights. He swore allegiance to that guild...undergoing the long process of reformation. Even for a pathetic wretch like him, reformation was possible. He was cleansed of N'Jal's cursed state...

But freedom was not free.

Always the darkness of who and what he was lurked in his troubled and aged heart. He sat in a deep state of meditation in the old ruins. Ashfall fell outside as it had for many years by that point. Lorenor stayed indoors as often as he could, despite his vastly growing regeneration capacity he was still afraid of burning fire.

As he meditated for many hours something happened...

His mind on the point of complete and utter relaxation was touched by an old presence. A voice he had not heard since the night he was reborn into undeath...the night where he died to save Radasnth in the demon war. He heard the voice, but strangely it was a comfort to him. It had been many centuries since last he hard that particular voice calling.

Lorenor... The voice called from the darkness.

Lorenor nodded. I can hear you. How long has it been...?

Since the night of our bargain. It has been centuries. The voice responded. I see how powerful you've become how much you've grown. I would not be contacting you unless the matter was dire. The voice said.

As is usually the case with such things... There was no malice in Lorenor's voice only an acceptance.

I need your help. The voice said to him.

Lorenor considered what he was hearing, once...he would have not ever listened to whatever this entity wanted of him. But there was no more desire to fight what was meant to be. Lorenor accepted whatever this was at that point despite the teachings of his paladin's code. What would you ask of me?

And so it began...
    Last edited by Paladin_Lorenor; 11-27-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Althanian

EXP: 11,761, Level: 4
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next Level: 2,239
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    Lorenor sat in deep meditation as he convened with the one from so long ago. The voice that had answered from the darkness herself when he'd fallen in the defense of Radasanth so many ages prior. The voice was promising things, as such entities often did. But Lorenor was past that point in his life now where he'd been betrayed by N'Jal and her followers. However, there was a difference in the current situation, the entity he was speaking to was far more primal, far more ancient than N'Jal ever would be. There was some sense of loyalty there.

So what do you say? The voice from beyond asked.

Lorenor listened to the entire proposal, every single word. He was not a fool at that point, he knew from firsthand experience those entities from beyond always had their own agenda always. It's no longer that simple sire. Lorenor said in response. I've bartered with my own freedom in exchange for power more than once. The second time I was burnt. You will have to offer something different here. Lorenor was being honest, he knew the voice from beyond could smite him at any moment. But there was another element in play at that point.

There was a pause. Then we are negotiating? The voice asked with a certain sense of satisfaction. You have learned much since that night in Radasanth, you know how contracts work now.

I'm willing to help if the exchange I get back is fair. Lorenor said bluntly. Power in itself no longer interests me, I have a different desire now. Lorenor said to his sire. But yes, my sire, we are negotiating. Lorenor felt it at that point, the voice from beyond had a sense of desperation, he almost felt pity for his sire.

Tell me what you seek? The voice from beyond asked.

Instead of telling him, Lorenor opened his mind to the sire. See for yourself my sire. Lorenor said calmly.

A short time later...

You were a member of the Ixian Knights? The voice from beyond asked. There is an outside way to sever the influence of a Thayne then. Most impressive my pupil. What you seek, what you want I can provide you.

That got Lorenor's interest right away. You are serious? Despite my allegiance to the light now? Lorenor asked.

I need your help Lorenor the rest does not matter. As you are aware my kind cannot intervene on the mortal planes in the same way the Thayne can. That is why help becomes very important. What you ask in exchange is more than acceptable. I just need your complete assistance in this matter.

Lorenor nodded. We are in agreement.
    Last edited by Paladin_Lorenor; 12-06-2019 at 04:19 PM.