Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

[Solo] These mean streets of Ettermire...

(Note: continues about a few weeks after: ~Hidden~ and is part of an on-going series. Note: contains mature themes. Like reader discretion advised or some such thing...)

The streets of Ettermire were unforgiving.

I knew that to be true.

At one point...I followed his EVERY command. As one of his most brutal and loyal Enforcers.

A failed mission changed all that...Jake Narmonalya changed that.

I been running for a long time...running far from home.

But before me now...where it all began.

Those mean streets of Ettermire contained what I was longing for. My purpose my drive...

Nosdyn looked at the man in front of him. One of The Boss's lackeys. Another of the Enforcers in the chain of command. His eyes were narrowed as he looked at the man. It was a test of wills...as such things usually were. Nosdyn suddenly nodded. "You know why I am here."

They were once again in plain eye view, in public. As such affairs went...Nosdyn knew he had to make a gross display of power against The Boss men. To weaken them, to strike fear in their very hearts. Nosdyn looked at the man before him...he was not yet afraid. They are not taking this serious enough. Nosdyn thought to himself.

"We know what you did last time. Fried that place fifty strong dead. One of The Boss's Enforcers. You think this will scare us?" The man asked.

"I was hoping it would not..." Nosdyn said quietly. At this point all eyes in the establishment were on Nosdyn and The Boss's Enforcer. "They are armed." Nosdyn suddenly said. "I would advise against getting them involved." Nosdyn said.

"How the fuck do you know that?" The man said...it was starting to sink in...the severity of the mad Demon's threats.

Nosdyn tapped the side of his head. "I stole your partner's memories. I know what he knew. That's how I know your crew here is all armed. I know about the traps here...which wouldn't do much. But I do know about them. I also know you're one of four left before I find the one of you who knows what I need." Nosdyn said, he smiled at that point. "Will you help me or not?"

A short while later...

The building that altercation was in was already on fire and terrorized screams were heard.

On one of the opposite rooftops several cloaked figures were present observing the chaos.

"It is real." One of them said.

"He has the strength to sever the bonds of N'Jal." Anorther said carefully.

"He's here for selfish reason though." The first one said.

"All great Heroes start with selfish reasons." The other added. "When the time comes we will contact him directly."

Nosdyn had the information he needed now....three more Enforcers were left in the chain of command.

He only needed the right one that had the location of The Boss's current safe house....

Then it would all begin.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn watched his target sleeping with his mate in the same bed.

There was a strange sort of satisfaction knowing what was about to happen to this man's world.

Simply for being one of The Boss's subordinates.

Nosdyn had pulled up a chair next to the man's bed, they were sleeping so soundly...he would give them that one last night of decent sleep.

A few hours later...the man began to stir, he noticed the Demon's presence almost immediately and looked up with a start.

Nosdyn opened his eyes to observe the fear in the man's eyes. "I was wondering when you'd wake up." Nosdyn said.

"How the fuck are you here?" The man asked, startling his female companion.

"The one before you in the chain of command...showed me his memories. I stole them from him before he died in a pathetic slump." Nosdyn had his hands folded beneath his chin. "It's how I found this place and where you'd be. Your companions will not have the information I need which is why I came here first." Nosdyn said calmly.

The man was beginning to understand what he was dealing with. He sat up in his bed for a moment looking at Nosdyn. "What do you want?" The man wisely asked.

"You know...you're the first one that was willing to work with me here." Nosdyn said, complimenting his opponent. "That is probably because you have more to loose than they did. You understand what is happening here." Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. "Because...you can lead me directly to the one I'm after. I'm going to ask you this one time. Are you going to help me?"

Nosdyn saw the fear in the man's eyes...those who had things to protect...family, loved ones. Often made the most dangerous opponents.

"You're serious about taking him on?" The man asked. "I am only going to help you if you are serious."

"Two of your companions are now dead over this...they did not realize how much in SHIT The Boss is right now." Nosdyn looked at his opponent. "Are you going to help me or not?"

With the last components in place...it would begin. The man...his opponent had agreed to Nosdyn's terms. Those who had something to protect often would be the most dangerous foes given the right amount of persuasion. Nosdyn nodded to The Enforcer as he stood in front of the safe-house. "I will honor our bargain...your family is safe." Nosdyn said.

The Boss, a Dark Elf aristocrat of some social standing sat at the table and looked up as Nosdyn entered. He raised an eyebrow. "Oh you've returned." The Boss said calmly. He put his food down. "I suppose this is where you've come to beg for your return into the fold?" He said, mocking the Demon.

They did not understand in how much danger they were all in.

Nosdyn walked carefully towards the front of the long table, exactly opposite of The Boss and locked eyes with the smug Dark Elf. "Two of your Enforcers are now dead." Nosdyn began. "The third lead me to here." Nosdyn folded his hands under his chin. "I am no longer interested in fighting for petty scraps for your pathetic excuse for rank and file." Nosdyn said. "From the time I worked for you...i learned about you. How you operate, how you do things. And before you ask again, no I am not here for a position in your group. I am here to take your mantle." Nosdyn said. "This, when me and you are done...will all belong to me." Nosdyn threatened in a very serious tone.

The Boss raised his eyebrow at that point. "You mean to challenge my power?" The man asked. He looked over at one of his companions, a brutish looking male to advance on Nosdyn.

Nosdyn kept a steady poker face...to pull this mad stunt completely off he had to concentrate.

The man that was silently ordered by The Boss to engage, had already his fate sealed.

No more than a few paces away from Nosdyn, Nosdyn stood up and activated his weapon. The man, had a shocked expression on his face as the life was slowly sucked out of him from the lethal wound. A few moments later, he died. Twenty or so gathered people of all races, of all genders NOW understood the danger they were all in. Nosdyn looked at The Boss again. "I know what I'm up against." He told the fellow. "But you have no idea what YOU are up against." Nosdyn narrowed his eyes at that point. "I've trained, studied and sacrificed and lost since I was gone from here. I have also learned secrets of The Darkness."

The Boss and Nosdyn continued to stare at one another. "You're bluffing." The Boss said. That was another miscalculation, of several that had already been made.

"I am not going to repeat myself. I am here to challenge you for your position of power here. I'd start taking this seriously if I were you." Nosdyn cautioned carefully.

The Boss stated to get up. "I don't have time for this."

"Consider this...you CAN run now...but I'll hunt you down to the ends of Althanas if need be. You can no longer run and hide from me. Your minions will all have secrets I can steal. I've planned carefully for this day. How much are YOU willing to loose." The Demon taunted.

Right then, The Boss knew the mad Demon was serious.

Deadly serious.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn observed the deep state of conflict that The Boss was currently in. At that point, Nosdyn got up on top of the table and knelt down in a crouching position. He'd deactivated his sword after he'd killed the other man. He would not need it for the remainder of the battle. Nosdyn raised his hand and pointed it towards his opponent. "Show me your mind." Nosdyn said.

The Boss' eyes went wide as Nosdyn forcibly started the psionic's link up.

The air itself rippled between the two opponents. Giving of a particular vibration of a sound.

Nosdyn found himself standing in front of The Boss.

"How is this possible? You are in...my mind?" The Boss asked, confused.

Nosdyn looked at his opponent. "You let our guard down. For all this is worth...I am sorry about this." Nosdyn admitted. If there were any other way to resolve their particular conflict he would have chosen that route...but things were never that simple.

Nosdyn looked at his opponent. "You can strike first, I owe you that much, I suggest you make this count."

Nosdyn was on the ground looking up at his opponent a few hours later, there was a smile on his face.

The Boss was terrified by then, Nosdyn had survived everything The Boss could dish out. "You are not the same as before...something is different." The Boss said.

Nosdyn stood up slowly at that point, rubbing blood from his mouth. He licked his lips. "I have prepared for this day." Nosdyn nodded. "You were a worthy opponent." Nosdyn walked over towards The Boss and reached forward to grab him...

At that point Nosdyn opened his eyes and was standing in front of the boss grabbing The Dark Elf's body. He was already acting upon him. The Dark Elf was screaming horribly from what Nosdyn was doing to him. He was forcibly melting the fellow's brain in his very skull. Blood was already streaming down the man's nostrils. Nosdyn held him in place until The Dark Elf died. When the deed was completed, he turned to look at the gathered who had watched all that had transpired. "He is dead." Was all that Nosdyn said. "Should any of you wish to challenge me in taking his position, you may attempt so now." Nosdyn said.

A group of about twenty adult folks of all races, members of The Syndicate all knelt before their new leader.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-09-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Months later...

The Syndicate was in full operation once again after Nosdyn retired it's former leader.

At one of many safe-houses across Ettermire's underworld, Nosdyn sat in a dark room. Documents were on a simple desk in front of him. Nosdyn always did prefer the darkness, the quiet therein helped him think...and come up with strategies. That's where the Syndicate leader was most comfortable. On the battlefield leading his troops to victory. The single door to his dark chamber was open always, and a single Dark Elf woman walked up towards Nosdyn. Her name was Illsandra, and she'd become one of his chief Enforcers. He smelled her perfume, a deadly scent of lilacs and other such plants. It smelled pleasing to him. Others who were not familiar with Dark Elf culture and society would have found the perfume scent to be excessive. But not Nosdyn, he wanted his subordinates to always work at their best capacity.

A moment or two later,of Nosdyn breathing in the dark woman's scent...he opened his eyes. His hands, as per normal, were beneath his chin folded. He was thinking...angles, side projects, ideas. Matters that would break a normal man's mind. "Did you find it?" Came his heavily accented voice.

She nodded in silence. "Yes my lord. It is exactly where you said it wold be."

"The informant I tortured that time was not lying." Nosdyn nodded. "This pleases me." He looked at her carefully, his most prized and loyal pupil. "Someone once taught me this is a thinking man's game. You must always be aware of the pieces on a playing field. Who stands to loose what. Always come at your opponent from the side." Nosdyn stood up and walked up towards her, she handed him the folder. "The Temple is here. Yes, outside of Ettermire...but the ones we are after will not be so bold as to set up camp IN the city itself."

Illsandra nodded. "Not with Lloth Priesthood about."

"Correct that hour has arrived to prove if the old Seers are right." Nosdyn said. He touched her chin for a moment and nodded.

"My lord, how is this possible? That you are able to sever her shackles." She asked.

Nosdyn looked away for a moment. "I do not entirely understand it myself. Someone I lost over this explained to me that I can break her influence. The time has come to test that claim."

Illsandra nodded. "How many will you take with you this time?" She asked.

Nosdyn looked at her. "Just you." Nosdyn nodded. "This is something i must take care of with as little outside interference as possible."

The small temple was little more than an abandoned building, several miles outside of Ettermire.

The denizens of the temple...did not make any attempt to hide in the shadows.

"This lot is brave." Nosdyn said to Illsandra.

"I've never seen the N'Jal followers have that quality." She responded as they marched.

"Some are capable of a lot of good." Nosdyn remembered his friend he had lost.

He raised his hood at that point and look at Illsandra. "Wait here. Don't let any escape I am trusting you to this task."

The smell immediately brought back the images of his lost companion.

The Undead Priestess he had lost.

Most would have fainted at the smell of rot and decay...but not Nosdyn. He was made of stronger stuff than most.

The Priesthood was present in the temple and conducting this or that ritual of N'Jal. At that point the chanting stopped and all eyes turned on Nosdyn's arriving person. "So.. .this is how you all spend eternity." Nosdyn said.

One of the male Priests stood up and looked at Nosdyn. He had a very confused expression on his face. "How are you here? We were told about you from the temple in Corone's survivors." The priest said.

Fear...Nosdyn could smell their fear...this pleased him. "One of the spies you kept in Ettermire lead me right to this place. Was not his fault by the way, I stole his memories." Nosdyn said.

The Priest frowned at that point. "You would directly engage a temple of N'Jal by yourself? Knowing what could result?" He asked.

"Your Gods do not scare me." Nosdyn said truthfully. "I've already been through more than your simple minds can come up with anyway. But I've come here to offer you all a single chance."

The Priest kept his eyes on Nosdyn...to make sure there were no tricks involved. "Go on."

"I was told by a member of your own Priesthood, the one from Corone that I could break her bonds. I want to test how true that claim is." He said.

The Priest frowned. "Break her bonds, the bonds of N'Jal you mean? You're mad!"

Nosdyn became extremely serious at that point. "I lost a friend over this....I know loss." He kept looking at the Priest. "Will you help me or not? I will only ask you once." Nosdyn said.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-09-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    This is a thinking man's game...

N'Jal will be a difficult opponent to defeat.
    Nosdyn thought to himself. At that point, he saw the images, flashes of his lost friend, the Undead Priestess that gave him his will to live back. Slowly, Nosdyn undid the clasp of his cloak, set it gently on the ground and removed his leather vest, showing them his well-chiseled physique. He looked at them calmly, they saw it right away. The bite mark the Priestess left on his lower abdomen. He had nothing to hide from them. "I am offering you hope where N'Jal will only throw your lives away."

Whispers from the gathered Undead were audible as they looked at the injury, scarred, but healed. It would always mark his body.

The Priest spoke first. "H-how long have you had that?"

Nosdyn nodded. "It's been over five years." Nosdyn said calmly. They needed hope, a miracle.

One of The Priest's subordinates walked over to the leader. "My lord, he should have changed before then." She said.

The male Priest nodded. "This changes everything....there's a god damned cure."

The Male Priest walked right up to Nosdyn. "What do you offer?" He asked calmly.

As all such contracts went, Nosdyn answered simply. "Freedom."

More whispers from the gathered...

In one sudden moment the unexpected happened. The male priest knelt before Nosdyn. The rest of the followers and acolytes also knelt one by one.

Later that night, Illsandra stared remarkably at what she saw next.

Nosdyn emerged from the temple...and he was not alone. Easily fifty former followers of N'Jal had all been recruited to be Nosdyn's followers. Nosdyn walked with his companions towards Illsandra.

"Y...you've done it." Illsandra said carefully.

Nosdyn nodded. "it will be a slow road for them to recover but we can co-exist."

The male Priest walked over to the two of them. "How do you intend to free all of us?" He asked.

Nosdyn looked at The Undead. "Listen we'll work this out." Nosdyn nodded at that point. He looked at the gathered. "The blood of my people is strong, it always has been. Together we shall find a way."

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Weeks later-

Illsandra looked away, every time she saw the procedure it caused pangs of pain in her heart...something about the whole process seemed not natural to her.

One of The Undead Priestess walked over towards Illsandra. "Our ways bring you discomfort, child."

Illsandra nodded. "It's more...it's him...seeing his pain. How he suffers."

"Its hard seeing loved ones go through such things...I will grant you this. But for what must be...this is the safest way." The Priestess placed a hand on Illsandra's shoulder. "War-scarred hearts are often the most difficult to salvage, to tame." The Priestess looked at Illsandra's eyes. "When the time comes he will admit to you how he feels...when he is ready."

Illsandra seemed surprised to hear that. "You know...?"

The Priestess nodded. "Young ones, in love. Once we were able to love as well...your lord...he will show us the way again. But yes you two are very much in love...its in both of your scents. He will just require more time to accept it than most."

Illsandra nodded. "For what it's worth...thank you."

Nosdyn fell to the ground at that point. Each time...it felt like the process took a little more out of him that it should have. Perhaps a byproduct of the blood magic in question. He'd undergone the exact procedure about three other times since The Undead set up their machine in his safe house. Nosdyn took a few deep, exhausted breaths as the glowing energy of the machine's power began to fade into the aether.

The male Priest walked up to him the same as each other time. "My lord." He bowed.

"It is complete." Nosdyn said and he remained in a kneeling position for a few more moments...it was always a difficult thing to sacrifice so much blood at once. "Takes a little longer to recover each time, been noticing that."

"We can halt the procedures for a time...if it suits your needs. My people are patient...the cure can wait a bit longer." The Priest said.

"I MUST know." Nosdyn said suddenly, and probably sounded a little harsher than he meant to. "I must know if mortal men can beat The Thayne."

The Priest nodded. "Take your time to recover my lord. When you are ready to begin again we will." The Priest paused at that point, helping Nosdyn to stand. "My lord, something has been troubling me."

Nosdyn nodded. "What is it?"

"Why would you help us...a people you know very little about? Given everything that has happened." The Priest asked, it was a strangely very honest and direct question.

Nosdyn nodded. "The one I lost..." Nosdyn began.

But The Priest had heard that diatribe before. "No...there's something else. When you're ready you will reveal that reason to us." The Priest helped Nosdyn walk outside of the chamber where the machine was powering down.

Illsandra was already waiting there for him just as each previous time.

When The Priest helped Nosdyn sit down on the ground, Illsandra walked over towards him.

Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, she hugged Nosdyn in a profound gesture. The Priest observed what was going on there for a few more moments. Illsandra and Nosdyn hugged, and in that one moment, Nosdyn began to silently weep in her arms.

"It's too much for you my lord, is it not?" Illsandra whispered to him.

"I don't know...I have to test my limits here to save us all." Nosdyn said as he wept.

Illsandra kissed the top of Nosdyn's head quietly. "Nosdyn...I know."

Nosdyn's eyes became saddened for a moment. "It...hurts Illsandra." There was more there than just a war-scarred heart...there was a underlying deeper wound that never healed properly.

"The Priestess told me. She said what I needed to hear." Illsandra said calmly. She held Nosdyn in her arms. "I am going to walk by your side until the ends of time."

Nosdyn nodded and could only continue to cry in her arms...one of only a few times he had ever allowed himself...to show weakness of any sort.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    She had to know. Illsandra looked into her companions eyes...there was something there she had not noticed before that moment. A pain...that would only reveal itself in times of weakness and hurt. "Tell me...what is it that haunts you so?" It was a deep wound, an old scar...something that never healed.

Nosdyn looked up at her tears flowing from his eyes. "Long ago...growing up where my people come from. There was a group called The Tribunal." Nosdyn said. He placed his hand on her face with surprising tenderness and care. "To become a man of my people...you undergo trials given by The Tribunal." Nosdyn explained. "My family had some social standing...my Father a ranking officer of the military of the time." He said. "In order for me to...earn my place. I was given an order." Nosdyn looked away from Illsandra for the first time since he started to talk, the memories of his past surfacing. "It was either do or die. I...in order to gain my place in The Tribunals ranks...was ordered to slaughter my own family." The tears were flowing freely now. "At the time I did not know I had a choice."

Illsandra held her in his arms. Trying to understand what it was she was hearing....so much pain.

"Months after the deed had been completed...The Tribunal put something into motion. I became aware of...as a result I was Exiled for all time. I could never return home. Illsandra...my family died for nothing. I killed them for nothing." Blood, that was blood on his hands alone.

"I cannot claim I understand your peoples ways." Illsandra said. "But what I do know is Tular Plains is a harsh land, your people have different laws than mine do." She placed her hand back and his face, and had him look at her again. "Listen to me, the pain you have inside. Is also my pain." She watched Nosdyn nod gently, he'd been running from his past for a very long time. Then, without realizing what she was doing...she suddenly kissed him.

He kissed her back...and slowly started to reclaim something of himself again.

At the other end of the hallway, the Undead Priestess who spoke to Illsandra previously smiled gently as she observed them kiss. She smiled to herself and walked off into the shadows.

That night...

Nosdyn slept on his bed as the dreams started...since The Undead built their machine and began to extract his blood, the dreams were getting worse. This time however, he was no longer afraid. Afraid of what he would face.

Screams filled the wind of the Tular Plains night. Nosdyn knew that place well...that was the house of his youth, his family estate. The place where his war began, and somehow he lost himself.

Nosdyn recognized The Demon before him..."Father."

The proud Demon, an aristocrat of sorts looked at his son. "You've changed."

"I'm not afraid of what I have been running from anymore." Nosdyn said quietly.

"The Tribunal did this to all of us." His Father said in response.

Nosdyn shook his head. "No...for me to heal...I have to accept the truth. They gave the order but you are all dead because of me. My own hands did this. I was just a fool, a weapon." He looked at his Father and began to cry for the first time in front of him. "I...I am here to beg your forgiveness though I may not be worthy of it."

The aristocrat walked over towards his son, and placed a hand gently under his chin. "Our people are harsh. Often a violent race. To show me how far you have changed since then, how far you have come. Nosdyn my son, always remember the name of your people. And wear it with pride. Live Nosdyn. Be at peace, and forge your own future. There is one who loves you waiting for you." His Father said. "Build a future for us with her help."

Nosdyn looked up at his Father. "Illsandra..."

Nosdyn's Father smiled with pride as the strange dreaming state faded off into the aether...

He became conscious in his bed once more and opened his eyes, Illsandra had been there by his side the entire time. "You were talking in your sleep, a language I do not understand." She said calmly.

Nosdyn looked up at her and softly smiled. "My Father told me to build a future with you by my side."
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-08-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A few days later...

Illsandra did not look away that time. The two Undead Priests were standing by her side as they looked at the machines effects on Nosdyn. Something had changed...since the last procedure was completed. The male Priest placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Everything will be all right." The Undead said...and there was a strange sort of sincerity in his voice.

"I know." Illsandra responded. She looked at Nosdyn and made herself watch the pain he was going through for his people...the former servants of N'Jal.

Nosdyn was attached the machine at that point and it had been elevated to higher states of power than ever before. Nosdyn no longer saw the room anymore due to amount of pain he was in. But something was different because of Illsandra, he'd found something of himself again. Something he thought he'd lost forever. Just beyond his reach, he saw the image of his Father, the proud aristocrat Demon of his household. Nosdyn was not entirely certain but he could have sworn his Father was smiling at him.

Nosdyn nodded, and though he was in tremendous amount of pain given the nature of the blood magic...he endured. For his sake and for all of them. The machine drew a considerably larger amount of blood than the previous few times as per his orders. Nosdyn's muscles tightened into knots and he never once growled or screamed in agony...something else had happened he was quite aware of. He was enjoying the process.

His Farther walked up towards him. "This is your pain Nosdyn. It is right here right around you. Do not handle this like all those other dead people do this is REAL."

Nosdyn nodded at his Father. "I am ready."

A short time later it was over...

Nosdyn was kneeling on the ground when the cables of the machine were removed from his body. He was breathing...normally. Something is different...I don't feel weak or something is gone...I feel whole somehow.
    His Father was still standing in front of him with that smile on his face.

"Live my son." His Father said.

Nosdyn nodded. "I will." He blinked and people were already entering the chamber, Illsandra and the two other Priests.

The Male Priest spoke first. "It...worked..." He said and assisted Nosdyn in standing.

Nosdyn's eyes were immediately on Illsandra. He nodded to her. "You gave me the strength I needed to help those in need. To give something of myself for completely unselfish reasons." He smiled when she wrapped her arms around him. "We were able to do this together. This is our victory."

"My lord..the machine was able to completely reproduce your exact blood type." The Priest said. "We can be free."

Nosdyn looked at The Priests, both of them and nodded. "I promised you." He extended his hand to The Undead Priest. And the man shook his hand, friend to friend, ally to ally. Brother to brother. "You are free to do what you wish from here on forward. You can stay here with my guild or you can go your own way, but know once you consume my blood...she will never influence you again."

A day or two later, Nosdyn sat in the silent chamber he had always preferred as his personal...office of sorts. The door was open, one way in...or out. Like a tactician to control the gate way of a field of battle. He was thinking, as he often did. "Father...we have done it." Nosdyn said quietly to himself.

Illsandra, almost in perfect sync with his thoughts, walked into the room just then, her perfume smelled like lilacs.

"Never take it off." Nosdyn suddenly said softly to her.

"My lord?" She responded back.

"Your perfume...it comforts me. Never take it off." He said, it was the closest to a romantic gesture he could muster for now.

She quickly got his meaning and smiled to him softly...her smile was only for him. She knew this fucking Demon, this exile from Tular Plains...accepted their ways, their culture. In exchange, she would do the same for him. "It shall be so." She said quietly. In their strange sort of relationship, the two had found a way to complete one another in that mad, mad world.

Nosdyn opened his eyes at that point. "You have what I asked for yes?"

She nodded. And placed the item on his table. "I don't really understand the why of this, but I swore I would stand by your side."

"Events are moving past our control now." Nosdyn said carefully. "Remember what I've taught you. My pupil, my companion...my lover." Nosdyn looked at her carefully at that point. "Her agents will be moving against us now."

"You must always strike at the side of your enemy, to throw them off balance." She said.

"She is aware of us now. We can hurt her...we can upset the balance of power. She is...AFRAID." Nosdyn said with a smile on his face.

"The time of The Thayne is over." Illsandra said.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-09-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A month later-

Nosdyn noticed it before they noticed him. He was more careful at that point, his senses having gotten sharper. That particular time, he was traveling alone, or at least the perception of being alone. This is a thinking man's game... He was reciting the precepts of his Father. "Do you think I do not know you are there?" Nosdyn said out loud into the streets around him. "You're pretty sloppy tails, I have had you figured for a least a few yards now." Nosdyn said.

From out of the shadows, three black-cloaked individuals stepped out. "You..." Nosdyn said carefully. He was reminded of the first night he'd met the friend he lost over his current trials and tribulations. But something was different...these were not Undead. "You wear their robes but you are no followers of N'Jal."

The leader of the three nodded. "You have agreed to our terms then?"

Nosdyn folded his arms across his powerful chest for a moment. And looked at the man. "I have conditions." Nosdyn said. Always come at your enemy from the side. Never let them see the dagger that pierces their vitals... Nosdyn tossed the parchment he had in his possession at the man's feet.

The man bent down to pick it up and ripped the folder hastily open, pulling the document out. "Bullshit." The man suddenly said.

Nosdyn raised an eyebrow. "The information is all there. I have samples but that will cost you extra." Nosdyn said.

"You are saying...we can break the bonds of N'Jal forever?" He suddenly said.

Nosdyn nodded. "There's more...but it's not that simple and will not be easy for you to hear." Nosdyn pulled out what they wanted to see from his pouched, the strange phial containing the synthetic black ichor. Nosdyn and his followers were the only ones capable of producing that substance.

The three individuals whispered with each other for a few moments. "That's the real deal then?" The fellow asked.

"Think this through VERY carefully." Nosdyn said calmly. "This is a one time offer."

"We COULD just gank you right now and take it from you." The arrogant man said.

Wrong move. Nosdyn thought quietly.

A moment later they were no longer alone. The spell the Priests of NOSDYN had to hide themselves with faded and ten people appeared from out of nowhere. Another individual, lowered her hood and walked next to Nosdyn revealing herself to them.

The man and his companions knew they had just been played. "What the fuck they been here this whole time?" He asked.

"Shit's different now. Thieve's guild TRASH." Nosdyn suddenly said. "There is a new kingdom now. The time of The Syndicate had dawned. I will only ask you one more time, will you agree to help us or not?" Nosdyn said calmly.

The suffering of the three Thieve's guild members had lasted several hours into the night.

The leader was killed by Illsandra who slit his throat herself. Nosdyn was sending all the "underworld" elements of Ettermire a message.

This was HIS kingdom now.

One of The Undead scouts walked up towards Nosdyn with the item that Nosdyn had been after. The thieves DID actually have it with them. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes as he looked at the item in question. Studying it for a moment. "It's a fake." Nosdyn said and tossed to the side. At least the Thieves guild lackeys were a little bit smarter than he gave them credit for.

"We're back to square one." The Undead said quietly.

"No..." Nosdyn said. "These will even though they are dying will be of use." Nosdyn said. "Turn them we will need their aide even in Undeath. These will NOT be privy to the black blood. Make them work for it." Nosdyn ordered. He looked at his mate, Illsandra. "What is your word, my lady?"

"We're getting closer." She said.

Nosdyn nodded. "There is a Temple in The Under. Been there the whole fucking time." Nosdyn said.

She leaned in close to him, and he wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her close. Champion and student. "What will we do when we find it?" She asked quietly.

"Those...are servants of N'Jal. Those we kill. To send her a fucking message." And Nosdyn kissed his mate deeply as his servants, The Undead, were already turning the bodies of The Thieves with their powers of depravity.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The newly turned Undead looked at Nosdyn and his companions as they rose from the ground. The former leader of their party frowned as he spoke. "You...turned us...why?" The man asked.

Nosdyn looked at the man. "Never waste a potential resource. You have use to me...a chance to earn a place for yourselves. You were not given the correct item I needed either you yourself, or your superiors were going to falsely attempt to dupe me." Nosdyn said quite calmly. He walked right to the man and put his hand on the man's face. "This is going to work one of two ways for you. You either cooperate with what I am about to tell you, or I forcibly remove the memories from your mind. One of the two is going to happen. Which one will be entirely your choice." Nosdyn said, more than capable of backing his threat.

The man, surprisingly enough accepted the fate him and his fellows were currently in. He nodded. "What is it you need?"

Those who had companions, loved ones on the line...were often the most dangerous targets. The precepts of his Father.

Nosdyn spoke in a very quiet and gentle tone, given the actual severity of the situation they were all in. "You are going to take me to The Safe House you and your folks are from." Nosdyn said carefully. "What happens from there on will be entirely up to you and your people." Nosdyn said. He removed his hand from the man's face.

The guy was more concerned about his companions well being than his own. "I accept your terms as long as you will keep us safe after." The man said.

Ettermire streets by night.

Nosdyn and his companions had no reason to hide anymore, they were growing in strength and influence.

The die had already been cast. With the three thieves guild members taking front of the group, they walked right up to Thieve's Guild safe house in question. The leader looked at Nosdyn for a moment. "It's here."

The building, was run-down but that was perhaps for the sake of appearances only. No marks, no other writings or indications of any sort. Nosdyn looked around. There were no guards outside he could discern...but that could have meant anything. He looked at his companions and nodded to them. He the looked at the Thieves' Guild leader. "Get us in." Nosdyn said calmly. "I want to make as little noise as possible...so as not to bother the neighbors."

A few moments later they all walked into the main gathering Hall of that particular chapter of Thieves Guild.

The acting leader of that area saw the fate his former recruits had undergone. He stood up immediately, and the other members of The Thieves Guild were already on high alert. "What is the meaning of this?" The Hume asked. He looked at his former cohorts. "What have they done to you?"

"This was our own fault." The Undead Thief said to his former leader. "You lied to us though, crossed him in the process." The Undead pointed at Nosdyn. "I am going to be frank here, I'd be pretty pissed off to." The Undead looked at his leader. "If I were you..I'd take The Syndicate leader VERY seriously." The Undead Thief said.

The Thieves Guild Leader looked at Nosdyn. "What is your purpose for this, Demon?" He asked.

Nosdyn folded his arms across his chest. "Your men were going to attempt something...on your own orders...they would have regretted for all time. I gave them a chance to redemption. Far more than you would have given them I might add." Nosdyn said. "Point is. this building has the one item I am after in order to get something else done. You can benefit from this...or suffer. The choice is yours."

It was a thinking man's game... The words of his Father in his mind.

Nosdyn had already given his troops individual orders, before going into the safe house. On his command...they would tare the whole God forsaken building apart to find the thing he was after. "You're running out of time." Nosdyn said calmly. "Better make a choice pretty soon, my troops are getting nervous here." Nosdyn smiled at that point.

A couple of hours later, Nosdyn and his companions slowly left the building. Much to his own surprise, The Thieves Guild leader had chosen to cooperate with The Demon and relinquish the artifact.

As they left the building, one of the Male Priests walked over to Nosdyn. "Do you need me to discern it's authenticity?"

"No." Nosdyn said. "He knows what he's up against now...hopefully from this one dealing they will remember never to cross again." Nosdyn looked at the relic one last time. It was a small, pendant tied to chain. Normally quite a unimportant sort of thing. But given who they were dealing with, they would need as much help as possible. "The Pendant will react when we are her Temple." Nosdyn said. He handed it over to The Priest. "That task I leave to you."

Illsandra walked over to him. "My lord...what do you suppose was their reason?" She suddenly asked as he stood next to him.

Nosdyn looked at her calmly. "They did not know who they were dealing with yet." Nosdyn noticed the concern on her face. "Something troubles you." He said calmly.

She placed her hand on the side of his face. "Maybe I'm reading into the whole thing too much. But I believe for a Guild like this to think outside normal terms like this...something is manipulating them." She said.

Nosdyn pondered what she was saying. "One of her Agents." Nosdyn suddenly said.

She nodded. "Perhaps...or maybe it is something else, I do not know. But I just know something didn't feel correct there." She looked at him, genuine concern for the Demon in her eyes.

"All right." Nosdyn said carefully. "We will move with more care going forward." Nosdyn said calmly. Then, he thought of something. "Their ones we turned....did I make a wrong choice there? Or perhaps excessive?" Nosdyn asked.

Illsandra looked at him. "No...you think on different terms than they do. You were considering the rest of their companions." Illsandra nodded. "This will not all unravel itself right away anyway."

Nosdyn agreed. "Fair. We will go back to The Safe House for now." Nosdyn signaled for his companions to come forth and they all headed back home for the time being.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-09-2019 at 09:48 PM.