EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile

Further update

Well, shit. If I thought that a payroll clerk leaving the firm in a precarious position was going to be bad, I clearly hadn't seen anything yet.

To clue all you non UK types in, the Coronavirus / T-Virus has gone far above and beyond the call of duty over here. The (unwarranted, I don't give a fuck what anyone says) panic that has set in has seen many businesses lay off staff and close their doors, for fear that people simply won't go about their normal day to day lives.

Whilst the government have not yet officially declared a lockdown, the catering, hospitality and entertainment industries here are on their arses. Our firm, which primarily provides accountancy services to the aforementioned industries , has seen a massive and unprecedented scaleback of day to day business from our clients and as a result we are in a precarious position ourselves. We aren't KPMG, or Price Waterhouse, we're a family run firm of five very loyal staff who depend very much on the income generated from these industries. At the moment we are in serious danger of a cashflow problem.

We are also under huge pressure from our client base to provide constant, up to date information on the government's plans and translate their announcements into "plain English", so that these people can understand what help they can get. Currently, announcements are daily, and therefore so is our need to update our client base.

What this means is that we are focusing all of our energy into both advising and surviving. Right now my entire livelihood depends on this firm bringing money in, so I am working all hours godsend to almost the frayed edges of my sanity in order to get our billing up to date and securing new business, as 25% of our workforce is now under quarantine. Needless to say, this is burning through my free time and my energy in ways I didn't think possible.

The obvious repercussions are my absence here. I can't stay awake long enough when I get home to write, and during the day I am working 12 to 13 hour shifts in order to get done what we need to get done. I simply cannot post and I have no idea when I will be able to return to doing so. Even now I write this on my "lunch" at 4:30pm.

I always, always intend and try to finish off active threads but for now, if you are involved in threads with me (Storm, Flamebird), I really do apologise for the delays and I will do my best to get back here as soon as things calm down.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    This virus and the unnecessary panic it causes sucks. I believe it's right to be cautious, but not to panic. #alertnotanxious

Stay healthy and safe. Take care of yourself. Good luck and may we all survive the coronapocalypse!
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile