Race
    Dwarf

Bugsy Stonecutter

Name: Bugsy Stonecutter
    Race: Dwarf
    Height: “Kiss my arse”
    Weight: “Kiss it twice”

Physical Description:
    Bald with bushy grey sideburns that lead into a long, sweeping grey beard that he knots on his belt to keep it accounted for. His head is shaped like a rectangle, with a broad jaw, hawk nose, beady eyes, and great, wild eyebrows. His mouth is always pulled downwards in a scowl. The rectangular head sits on a rectangular body, barrel-chested, powerfully muscled, and tunic open at the chest so his curly grey chesthair can breathe freely. He bathes rarely and the odour associated with sewers clings to him tightly. His belt-buckle is gold and boasts the emblem of the Stonecutter Cartel – A double-bladed axe dripping with blood. Such a weapon is strapped to his back, nearly as long as he is tall. His boots are shod in iron. Better for kicking.

Personality:
    Rotten to the core. Scruples as bad as his hygiene. Profiteer. Brigand. Businessdwarf. Loves blood and gold. Hates children and town guards. Cartel Bigwig. Always on the lookout for a profitable business venture. And town guards.

Portfolio:
    -Bribery
    -Blackmail
    -Sewer Crawling
    -Murder
    -Banditry
    -Trash Pick-Up and Removal

MO:
    Arriving in any town in Corone (most often Radasanth) under the guise of a lawful business venture, committing a crime, then fleeing to a new town until the heat dies down.

Known Associates:
    -Broski Stonecutter - Brother, Psychopath, Wizard-With-A-Mop
    -Targos (no last name) – Dwarf Accountant, Jeweller, Forgery
    -Lib (no last name) – Dwarf Manual Laborer/Thug
    -Krunt (no last name) – Dwarf Manual Laborer/Thug
    -Lewis (no last name. Maybe not even his real first name) – Goblin Manual Laborer/Canon-fodder

History:
    His brother, intellect of a honey-badger and twice as aggressive, was with him from the start. Their loyalty to each other was absolute, and forged of dwarven iron. “Blood 'til Death” is tattooed on each of their scalps in archaic dwarven runes. There was never any question if Broski Stonecutter was “in.” The others trickled in after the brothers had a few jobs under their belts. The first couple were sloppy, and bloody, but were loud enough to attract others of like mind. When their number was six, they were a full-fledged operation, and Bugsy had had time to work out the kinks. They needed a legitimate front that allowed them to go into places unnoticed, and give them a reason to be places no one else had a reason to be. Sewer cleaning and trash removal was the perfect cover. They'd move from town to town, robbing, and cheating town officials by cleansing waterways that they themselves had fouled, with a hefty bill doled out at the end. The people they met on the road to the next town invested in their business at axe-point, and witnesses were not tolerated.

They were the Stonecutter Cartel. Industrious. Anarchic. Violent. Their mark on the land couldn't yet be considered a blemish. But soon it would be a wound. Then a malevolent cancer. The downfall of order.

Skills:

Business Sense - Bugsy is skilled in making gold by honest means, supported by larceny and under-handed tactics. He is fluent in wording contracts, and is aware of the regional laws of Corone.

Abilities:

Leadership – Bugsy is supported by the Cartel - A band of bumbling goons who are loyal to him above all others. He rules them through fear, manipulation, and a steady paycheck. The current maximum number of underlings in the cartel is 4. These henchmen are not trained in combat and are considered slightly below average compared to an adult human commoner in every measurable way. Bugsy is their meal ticket and he supports all their needs with his own money, which represents the coffers of the Cartel. They are proficient at performing feats of general labor only; lifting, carrying, cleaning, pushing, etc...

Mastermind – Scheming and plotting is what the dwarf does best. He is twice as smart as the average person.

Hatchetman – Bugsy has trained with his two-handed double-bladed waraxe all his life, and wields it competently. He attacks with slow, powerful, sweeping strokes and can work through basic maneuvers and combinations. Though his weapon is clumsy and unwieldy, he has trained with the exotic arm exclusively, forgoing training with all other weapons thus far. He has adequate strength to wield his axe of choice, but has plateaued in his training until his physical strength increases (he is currently 1.5x stronger than the average person).

Equipment:

-Iron Waraxe
    This weapon of traditional dwarven design is meant to sweep the battlefield and keep the immediate vicinity clear. It is about four-feet long, with a thick, sturdy, iron handle, wrapped in boiled leather for grip both at the pommel, and midway up the bar. The head of the axe accounts for a full foot-and-a-half of the weapon, with two broad, sharply curving flanges, one on either side, built to cut on the first sweep, then again on the returning stroke. The weapon is unreasonably heavy, weighing sixteen pounds and requiring two hands to use.

In the center of the ax, between the two blades, is a smith's stamp, embossed with pure gold. The stamp depicts an identical ax, dripping with blood. The same signet occurs on Bugsy's belt-buckle. Bugsy's brother, Broski, carries the ax's twin.

-Iron-Shod Boots
    "Better for kicking." - Physical Description

Possessions:

-(1) Cart – This covered wooden cart has white painted sides, and 4 black, bolded letters, neatly painted on the cart's side: C.W.M.S.
    -Sanitation Supplies – Mops, buckets, brooms, barrels of water, and other more specialized cleaning tools
    -(1) Ox – This old beast has seen better days, but it plods on and never complains
    -(1) Barrel of highly corrosive acid – This chemical acid is perfect for dissolving sewer blockages... or dissolving a single human-sized corpse so that no trace remains. The acid can not be reused.
    -(1) 100 fliers which read “Corone Waste Management and Sanitation: For all your dirty jobs!”

NPCs:

Name: Broski Stonecutter
    Race: Dwarf
    Height: “Screw you”
    Weight: “Screw yer mum”

Description:

In contrast to Bugsy's stone colored facial hair, Broski's is a shock of carrot-orange scruff, with a full head of wild hair. He otherwise looks almost identical to Bugsy. He speaks in growled sentences which never number more than five words. He is not particularly bright, and about as strong as Bugsy. He never bested his brother in combat, being an inferior fighter but with an identical style.

Skills:

None

Abilities:

Axe Fighting – Both trained by the same tutor, Broski fights much the same as his brother, but to lesser effect.

Equipment:

Iron Waraxe – The twin of Bugsy's weapon.

Broski seldom appears with Bugsy in threads that contain other player-characters. After all, Bugsy hardly tolerates the presence of others outside the cartel, and if reduced to partying with others, it must mean that his brother was occupied elsewhere. Likely jail. In solo quests, Broski forms the other half of Bugsy's party, fighting along side him fearlessly, and acting as an agent of his much more intelligent sibling's will.

Special Requests:

I would like to have my starting gold subtracted to represent the expenses of business ownership and licenses in Corone, as well as including henchmen paid and fed.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Stonecutter Cartel; 03-25-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hello

I'm Philomel and I'll be handling your profile today.

Certainly a great villain! Looking forward to seeing what he'll do here!

I've just got a question about the NPCs you have. Are you regarding any of these as familiars and can any of them be used in combat threads?
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Newcomer

EXP: 320, Level: 1
    Level completed: 16%, EXP required for next Level: 1,680
    Level completed: 16%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,680

GP

Name
    Bugsy Stonecutter
    Race
    Dwarf
    I am interested in the rules for familiars but a cursory glance through the realm of greeting rules just now didn't turn up any information. I did an Althanas wide search but the word "familiar" comes up so much in a different context that I gave up =\

If there is a way to incorporate using them in combat concerning other players, I'm interested. Otherwise, I'm content with them being only a plot device in threads with other player characters, and combat only in solo threads, with their effectiveness in either case being as described in the leadership ability.

I'm happy to have your guidance on the matter. What I mean is, please help!

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Familiars would be detailed in the realm of greeting information, apologies if you could not find them.

Familiars differ from pets in the regard that you can use them in combat. So Philomel has a fox and a dragon that can join her in combat threads (e.g. citadel threads, please see that forum for inspiration). If you just have a pet or an NPC of importance who shows up in your storylines, then this does not need to be included when I assess and add up the power level points for your character at level one. A familiar though costs more.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Bugsy Stonecutter
    Race
    Dwarf
    Hey again Philomel! I've thought about it and I would like to just have all 5 other characters mentioned be only usable in solo quests. I think I'll spend most or all of level 1 writing solo quests anyways. Can I revisit the option of taking my cohorts into combat with me at a later level? If so, I'm content to leave it at that =]

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hi

Of course you can! Thank you for clarifying that for me. Are there any other questions you have before I approve you?

Phi
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Bugsy Stonecutter
    Race
    Dwarf
    No further questions, Mum.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    In that case, you are approved!

Have a great time here and just call if you need anything.

Phi (Aka Mum, apparently)
    *admin at your service*

Characters: