Ice Ice Baby

EXP: 22,697, Level: 6
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next Level: 4,303
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,303

GP

Name
    Rehtul Orlouge

I'm a Fun Guy, I Promise! (Closed to Flamebird)

Rehtul's face was red. He brought a single hand up as if to punch a nearby wall and merely covered his face with his palm. He could feel the eyes of the priest on him as he groaned in embarrassment. His voice echoed off the walls rather loudly and caused him to start. He took a deep breath and uncovered his face, adjusting his glasses as he did so.

"So everyone knows of my shame, then?" he asked in tones dripping with venomous intent. If words could kill...

"Not everyone. Just anyone who happened to look, which is most of the people you've ever fought here," the priest said. "I mean, I couldn't believe you lost to someone like that, but here we are. This is why I constantly tell you not to underestimate your opponents. They might know some tricks you don't."

"But it was water magic! I should have had the upper hand!" Rehtul whined piteously. He realized what he was doing shortly and snapped his mouth shut almost immediately. Without much ado, he turned on his heel and walked out of the Citadel's healing chamber, a chuckling priest behind him. He thought he heard the man say something as the door swung shut behind him, something about 'creativity,' but couldn't be bothered to go back and ask. He had already humiliated himself in front of his elder enough.

Instead he walked out into the main hall of the Citadel and just stewed in his own juices for awhile.

How... how the hell did she beat me like that? I should have had every advantage against her, short of frying her with lightning... What the hell happened?! He had seen it. She managed to whip her magic at him at incredible speeds, realign them in midair, curl them around any obstacle put in front of her. The sheer pliability of her magecraft gave her an edge that he hadn't accounted for. She was not only adaptable in thought, but in form. Fluid in her movements, and so were her spells, capable of moving in any direction she desired.

Rehtul, by contrast, was strict and unbending. His spells functioned almost exactly to his specifications, and lacked the ability to change halfway through the casting. His budding ability to control them within a certain distance was certainly put to the test as he used it... and since he couldn't react as quickly as her water could... solids obviously would take a bit longer to respond to reshaping than water would. He also had a much more limited range of control than she did. It seemed no matter how far he ran, he wouldn't be able to escape the grasp of her long water tentacles.

He sighed and rubbed his chin as he stood up. She had him on range. That was one of the most important issues. He definitely wouldn't be able to beat someone who was able to hit him before he could get close enough to hit them.

Perhaps the time had come for a new challenge, something to take his mind off things, he thought. With a shrug to himself, he made his way down the halls toward another door. After all, his next challenger couldn't possibly be someone he'd regret fighting later, could it?
    Last edited by Rehtul Orlouge; 03-28-2020 at 06:34 PM.