GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    A tourney sounds fun
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile
    1v1 tournament get shin to judge it he'll be cool with it ^_~ would probably only turn out to be an 8 person bracket?
    terrrrrible.jpg

Adventurer

EXP: 963, Level: 1
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,037
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,037

GP

Name
    the Witch
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    @Gum, I figured an 8 person bracket was a big enough turn out to get something started too. I'm pretty married to this idea now, and I hope something gets off the ground soon!

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    I know my thoughts won't matter too much here anyway but I'll add a few of my own suggestions.

Rebuilding a Dajas style option for super lowbies IN Scara Brae would be pretty neat.

More lowbie related options in general would help out a lot.

I personally think the ingredients are already here in the site...Scara Brae, for example...we can overhaul that.

I am just adding the suggestions to put on like at least for consideration on a To-Do list.

Maybe I'm not writing now atm, but I'm a site veteran and I Just want to help where I can.

If you guys ask me, Scara Brae should be really high on the priority list.

I think there should be much more lower level friendly areas on site.

I think there was a time each region had lowbie spots in it.

We going back to some idea like that could work...I think due to our current LACK of activity we should probably not be thinking on Tourney stuff at all.

We're barely dragging along as a community as it already is.

Instead of tourneys...FOCUS on the site features already in place. I've been in leadership positions in other sites/other communities.

What I am trying to do here is mainly offer advice none of it needs to be taken at all...but at least consider it is all I am getting at.

Rebuild the lowbie zones and make that a top priority.

I think that Scara Brae overhaul (Including a potential Dajas Pagoda) will help a lot here.

These are just my thoughts here hopefully some of it gets done, thanks all for your time so far.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum do Mugu View Post
    1v1 tournament get shin to judge it he'll be cool with it ^_~ would probably only turn out to be an 8 person bracket?
    I'm down with this. It'd be great to see what some of the new talent could do!

Final decision on an official Althanas tournament rests with the admins on this and I think we'd need to have a chat to make sure we're comfortable with activity levels. The Gisela the other year was an absolute shitshow and if we're going to start running tournaments again I definitely do NOT want to see that repeat itself.

I do however have an idea for testing the water and seeing how activity goes.

I occasionally run sort of an unofficial tournament called the Osiris Open.

Threads are judged like Citadel threads, and GP rewards for finising positions come from a mixture of small entry fees (100 Gp per person) and then a huge top up from my personal stash.

Arenas are pre determined, and are dished out on a first come, first served basis. You pick the name of an arena you like, and on tournament start, your arena is revealed to you.

So, how about it? Shall we do an Osiris Open? Then if that works out, we can talk about having an official tournament?

Adventurer

EXP: 963, Level: 1
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,037
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,037

GP

Name
    the Witch
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Osiris open? I'm in!

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    I created the Dajas pagoda. Fun story, it's named after Sajad, the guy who played my dear friend Sorjax on the site. In any event, I think the idea is great (duh), but Althanas strayed away from competitive RP about 6 months of operation, so activity declined. Then we were unable to find people who would be active in all the tiers, so we scrapped it. It remains a canon location to use, but without at least 5-10 active battlers and a stream of new players, it's just not viable to maintain. It would start main v. main, then goto main v. alt, then alt v. alt and would completely lose it's purpose: providing a way for new players to introduce themselves into competitive RP.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Tony I'm old enough to remember Sorjax, he was a good bloke hahah.

But yeah bro you bring up some of my own concerns too...a tournament would imply a super active community like I been talking about.

I think a better/more constructive focus would be working on the active features WE DO heave in place and making them maybe more user friendly? I have pointed out in the past as lot of tourneys and other wise really brilliant ideas became bogged down with too many layers of complexity.

I think...(Just spiballing guys but hear me out a moment or two) a citadel overhaul with a much more simplified citadel league could work here.

Instead of bringing back a lot of over complex tournaments (At least for the time being) use the systems WE HAVE already.

The Citadel could benefit for a really big over haul. Some sort of a season style event for the site to participate in could work here too. (Yes the idea is loosely ripped off Diablo 3 and Path of Exile but its an idea that works I think it can work on our site too)

What I'm mainly getting at is this: overhaul The Citadel is point one. Point two overhaul the regions themselves JUST a bit to allow much more easier player added content. I am someone who respects Ithermoss a lot for adding The Thayne Codex into the site's lore.

It should be EASIER to add player lore/etc onto the site.

I've rped heavily on several other sites. Valucre, Aelyria, and a super competitive DBZ based rping site.

BOTH Valucre and Aelyria had player lore systems in play.

Me and Andy used to both point out: In PERSONAL lore Lorenor (One of my own characters) could have destroyed X lab of BABE's character right?

But it would STILL be up to Andy to acknowledge this and vice versa.

What I am proposing is. this: a HUGE overhaul to the personal lore portion of the game and make it EASIER and even more rewarding for players to write together and integrate their lore in a seamless storyline.

I can recall back in the day Lorenor (Who is openly gay by the way) had a relationship with a really old character on the site named Urei.

Those were some of the fondest stories I ever wrote with anyone.

I'll drop more ideas as I come up with them but that's the basic stuff I got for you guys so far.

He's alright, our Gum

EXP: 24,290, Level: 6
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 2,710
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,710

GP

Name
    Gum do Mugu
    Race
    Dheathain Human

View Profile
    shin when's sign ups?
    terrrrrible.jpg

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum do Mugu View Post
    shin when's sign ups?
    As soon as I've finished wiping the arses of the British public, my friend. So, around dinnertime.