Spellbinder

Seeking Approval: Afton of the Lake

Name: Afton of the Lake
    Race: Spell Binder, descendant of the Lake People of Istraloth
    Hair Color: Navy Blue
    Eye Color: Lime Green
    Height: 5’ 5”
    Weight: 120lbs

Personality (Optional): Afton of the Lake is a cool, calm, collected and private person, especially about her past. But when brought forth with a task, she is confident, resilient, and determined to finish what she started. And if you show her good faith, Afton shows loyalty to companions who are true of heart. When amongst people she trusts, Afton is sassy, nonchalant, and very kind.

Appearance: Afton stands at 5’ 5”, with ling flowing navy-blue hair. It forms in natural curls down her back. But when angered, especially in battle, Afton will tie her hair back. That way you can see her lime green eyes more clearly.

History: As she spent 1000 years in a cyrosleep, Afton knows little about her past before being put under the spell. All she remembers is she is from Istraloth, and a descendant of the Lake people who once inhabited the lagoon on the inner part of the island. Her grandfather was the High Priest and he was the one who presented her with her spell book. And her parents were warriors for the tribe and had died in the invasion of the dragons. Each had gifted her with a weapon to use in case she could use her powers. A thick vined whip from her mother, and dual bone knives from her father.

Skills: Water Sensitivity: Being a woman of the Lake People, Afton is incredibly sensitive and knowledgeable about all traces of water. She can tell anywhere that water has been or will be based on subtle environmental factors and markings in the ground that most will miss. She can even tell where ground water is just by looking at the terrain.

skill: Ancient Counsel: Afton has a deep connection to her people she lost to the dragons, but the spirits live on. She can connect to them through deep meditation to seek knowledge for making life decisions only. Since the ancient spirits know nothing of the modern world, other than what they see through Afton's eyes, they don't understand the modern fighting styles known to Althanas. They cannot read people's fighting style or abilities as they know and understand nothing but the ancient laws of their people in which they are bound to uphold.

Abilities:
    Priestess of the Lake: Afton draws her power from the water. She is able to absorb the life force from it, and it will heal her. If she is wounded and comes in contact with water in any form, it will start to heal her. It will heal minor lacerations and abrasion wounds. It can stop the bleeding of major wounds and heal minor burns. Third degree burns will be healed to second degree burns, and second-degree burns will be healed to first degree burns. She is able to absorb enough power from the water to heal 4 wounds every hour. If she dies and is returned to the water, she will be revived after 24 hours, and must recover for 2 days to regain her strength.

Spell book-
    Water Weaponry: Afton knows a spell that will allow her to create any simple weapon out of a nearby source of water. Her knowledge of the spell will allow her to create weapons of the strength of iron or weaker. Simple and small weapons that are limited to knives and whips. She cannot create complex weapons such as bows, crossbows or firearms. She can only create 1 weapon at a time, and it dissipates back into its original form after 30 minutes. She needs to wait 8 hours in between using this spell so that it can recharge.

Water Defense: Afton has knowledge of a spell with which she can create her own water wrought armor. She has sufficient knowledge of the spell to create armor the strength of iron or weaker, but can only create a breastplate. Her armor will last for 15 minutes before returning to its original form. She needs to wait 6 hours in between uses of this spell to allow herself to recharge.

Ice Form (locked): Afton has knowledge of a spell to turn any water into ice on command. This spell has a range of a 15-foot radius, and she can create 20 pounds of ice before the spell is depleted. She has to wait at least 4 hours in between use of this ability.

Equipment: Duel daggers made of bone, Thick vine whip.

*UPDATES/CHANGES ARE IN RED*
    Last edited by TheWallkid2022; 04-17-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hello and welcome to Althanas! I'm Phi and I hope your enjoy your time here!

I'm here to help you through the approval process.

To start off can I please ask you to move 'Ancient Counsel' to the Abilities section. This is because it could potentially be used to give an advantage in combat by way of tactics and so on.

For your abilities 'Priestess of the Lake' and 'Water Weaponry' these are fine as stands and have lots of room to develop as your character does.

Your ability 'Water Defence' however - could I please ask how much of the body it covers? Is it a whole set of armour or just a breastplate, for instance? Does it include a helmet?

Thank you and regards,
    Phi
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Afton of the Lake
    Race
    Spellbinder
    Hi Phi!!!

I updated the 'Ancient Counsel' so it's better understood what it's really meant for. I'm not one to be an asshole to write a complete advantage over another by the use of ancient spirits. In US terms, that's just a d*ck move bro

Also, for 'Water Defense', how much armor would be allowed for it to be considered a Power Level 3 ability??

Thanks!!!

Afton of the Lake

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hello there

I'm currently looking at numbers for your abilities. Thanks for clarifying Ancient Counsel for me.
    In terms of a power level 3, you'd be looking at a limited amount of armour, maybe a breastplate with the limits you have. I'd be open for discussion though. You have some numbers to play with.

Phi
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Afton of the Lake
    Race
    Spellbinder
    Hello Phi!!

I just went through and edited to include the breast plate. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything else unless I missed something??

Thanks

Afton

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    In that case you are approved!! I only need you to clarify that your daggers are chitin bone, and then I can get you on your way!

200 starting gold given.

Regards
    Phi
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Afton of the Lake
    Race
    Spellbinder
    Yes I can confirm the daggers are made of bine based in the Istraloth lore and the information available about the Lake people.

Thank you!!!

Afton

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Approved!!
    *admin at your service*

Characters: