Newcomer

GP

Name
    Celynne Edychel

Celynne Edychel (WIP)

Name: Celynne Edychel - Real name: Xlatachelanxaalcilatlchel - means "She Who Speaks With Spirits And Grants Them Life"
    Race: Qexaltlahatahetzelmaatlatan (Qexal for short) - means "They Who Live In Balance With The World Spirit"
    Hair Color: Dark Green
    Eye Color: Amber
    Height: 5'7''
    Weight: 135

Personality : Celynne considers herself to be in a very important role. However, this does not equate to a sense of self-importance or self-superiority, and she takes her role as Shamaness very seriously for the sake of her people. Having the ability to communicate with the dead, and act as a pathway through all cycles of life for such spirits often scares Celynne, but she understands that she is capable of doing things that can benefit not only her people, but all peoples of the world in general. Her private self is a bit different than her public noble and regal self, however. When she is not busy doing her duties or interacting with important individuals, Celynne enjoys being able to sing and dance in styles that stand apart from Shamanistic steps or styles granted to her by the myriad spirits who call her body home. She is rather naive when it comes to interactions of a sociable, informal matter, but any friend she makes is likely to find themselves bombarded with questions, inquiries, and sometimes even an awkward hug. Due to her nature as Shamaness, Celynne is often speaking to spirits, and as she formed the habit of speaking out loud when doing so even though she doesn't necessarily have to, she often appears as though she is talking to herself. On top of that, as she channels spirits, her demeanor and personality becomes altered for as long as she's channeling, and for a short while after. It can be both convenient and not so convenient, but it is almost always interesting.

Appearance: Celynne is a young woman of average height and mature build. Her long dark green hair is often done up with a beautiful adornment that signifies her peoples' connections with the world in some way; there are several such adornments. Due to her role as Shamaness - a very revered and important role in Qexal society - Celynne wears some of the most expensive and high quality clothing her people produce. While she cares little for wearing unnecessarily fancy clothing, Celynne understands the importance doing so represents for her. Celynne generally bears herself with grace and nimbleness paired with calm nobility.

History: Celynne has always had a strong connection to the spirits of those who had already shed the mortal coil. Her position as Shamaness within the Qexal society was a given as soon as she was born. She had always been able to empathize with spirits and enjoyed friendships on deeper levels than other Qexal who only ever really saw spirits every so often for important events or certain requests. In a society that reveres the dead like the Qexal, to be the speaker for spirits and the mortal that houses them within their mind is of the utmost importance and greatest honor. Celynne never really felt like she did much of anything special, but she understand that her abilities benefited not only her people, but the spirits she housed as well.

While her interest in history and civilizations long gone had always existed, her connection to spirits made her curiosity and desire to learn about the world as it existed centuries or even millennia ago grow even stronger. While her role as Shamaness is important within the Qexal lands themselves, being able to travel the world to connect with the world on a spiritual level was even more so, so it wasn't difficult for Celynne to manage to wander off on her archaeological pursuits.

Skills: Skill Knowledge Ranks from Least to Most skilled - Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Expert, Master

History - Adept: Due to her interest in learning about the past, and her connection with spirits, Celynne is fairly knowledgeable about events and people from history and enjoys learning new things in this particular field.

Languages - Adept: Part of the territory of having diverse spiritual entities bound to her soul is having access to the languages those spirits spoke in life. While most of her knowledge of these languages is technically borrowed, she permanently picks up a fair bit of the otherwise unusual words and can more or less interact with any living speakers of these languages without embarrassing herself (completely).

Occultism - Expert: Because she's directly involved with the spirits of the dead, it comes to no surprise that Celynne would be intimately familiar with the occult and supernatural. Rituals and seances aren't difficult when the dead already consider you a walking residence.

Diplomacy - Apprentice: Due to her position in Qexal society, being able to speak with others politely and empathically important. While Celynne is still very unfamiliar with how other societies work, she believes she can at least manage some diplomatic relations to the benefit of her people, though she still has much to learn when it comes to interacting with other living people.

Abilities: For the sake of clarity, separate aspects of the abilities listed shall be color-coded as follows: Blue for the effects an ability creates, Green for statistics such as range, number of uses, and other utility info, Red for drawbacks, required conditions, or other limitations, and Underlined Gray to represent abilities that have yet to be unlocked and are only listed for organizational purposes.

Due to the nature of Celynne's abilities, most abilities will be considered "Stacked" Abilities as they will provide a constant passive effect and an active ability that has limited uses in a given time; despite this general formula, some of these abilities will start out with only their passive effects. Known as "Stances", each ability's passive effect goes out of play when a "Stance" is changed, and the "Stance" must be re-entered to gain access to both the passive ability and the associated active ability; There are exceptions to this general rule - such as the future ability known simply as "Invoke Bob" which has a single devastating active ability. As Celynne's power increases, so too will the power of certain Stances and other abilities whether it be through enhanced passive effects, additional or improved active effects, or entirely new interactions altogether.

------

Soul Rip: Tear a piece of a target enemy's spiritual energy from them and store it as a crystal that floats around your head until used (Max 5 Crystals active at any time). At any time, fling a crystal at a target enemy other than the enemy the crystal was ripped from to deal moderate spirit damage.This ability has a 50 foot range for both actions. The soul rip itself deals no damage. The target from whom the crystal was ripped can not be a target of the attack. Enemies without souls such as constructs or certain types of undead are immune to the ripping part, but not the attack itself.

Stage of the Banshee Queen: Celynne channels Servyne the Banshee Queen - her hair growing exceedingly long, her skin going pale, and her nails lengthening and sharpening in the process - gaining access to Servyne's "Death Metal" Stance Abilities.
    • Shrieking Riffs - Banshee Queen Stance Effect: As long as this Stance is maintained, the shrieking riffs of Servyne's Axelute cause debilitating chills that torment foes - causing a debuff that causes enemies to gain the Shaken status- making their attacks and abilities deal 10% less damage - if applicable.This is a passive effect with a range of 30 feet.Enemies who are deaf, enemies immune to fear effects, amorphous enemies such as slimes and goos, and Non-Banshee undead are immune to this effect.
    • Wailing Strike - Celynne strikes a foe in melee range with Servyne's Axelute - dealing damage as normal, but additionally fearing them due to the shrill noise the swing makes. This fear causes the foe to gain the Frightened status - doubling the effects of Shrieking Riffs for 5 seconds .This is a melee range ability that can be used five times a day, however, an enemy that has been affected by Wailing Strike within the past hour can not be effected again unless another ability cancels this temporary immunity. This ability shares the same list of immune enemies as Shrieking Riffs.

Equipment: Staff of the World Spirit - Celynne's weapon is an ornate staff. This staff is unique in that whenever Celynne channels a spirit and her body and abilities are altered as a result, this staff takes on the form of the weapon used by the channeled spirit. This change is mostly cosmetic and its statistics change (or don't change) based on abilities.
    Last edited by Celynne Edychel; 05-03-2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Shouldn't be WIP anymore

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Hey Cel. Give me a shout when you are ready, and i'll deal with this for you.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Celynne Edychel
    ready whenever, though if there is PL leftover, how would attaching a damage chaining effect to Soul Rip (50% damage to one extra target that can be the target the crystal was ripped from since it's basically a back & forth spiritual charge) affect it?

Or if that's not allowed since it probably counts as another ability for whatever reason, is there anything I can do to the existing abilities that might use the leftover PL? I'm not familiar with the system enough to know if it's a viable option to leave PL points open.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Hey again.

I'll run the numbers on the abilities and i'll get back to you today on everything you need to know.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Celynne Edychel View Post
    ready whenever, though if there is PL leftover, how would attaching a damage chaining effect to Soul Rip (50% damage to one extra target that can be the target the crystal was ripped from since it's basically a back & forth spiritual charge) affect it?

Or if that's not allowed since it probably counts as another ability for whatever reason, is there anything I can do to the existing abilities that might use the leftover PL? I'm not familiar with the system enough to know if it's a viable option to leave PL points open.
    Ok Cel. I've worked my magic, and as it stands your profile is provisionally approved.

With the three abilities you have listed, you have hit your PL cap for this level. So, for example, if you wanted to add a damage chaining effect to Soul Rip, your options are either to weaken one of your abilities or wait until level 2, when you get additional PL to play with.

Also, quick word of warning on two points:

1. Your staff is a piece of equipment, which is fine, but you say that "This change is mostly cosmetic and its statistics change (or don't change) based on abilities". This is quite vague, and I would appreciate it if you could clarify this sentence for me before we press the green button. Bear in mind that anything that would increase your character's natural stats (speed, strength, endurance blah, blah, blah) would be considered an additional ability and use up PL you don't currently have.

2. I love that you have put inherent weaknesses in your sound based abilities, but one point to note is that as there is no auto-hit system here, anyone who falls outside of the immune criteria should still be allowed a chance to avoid it in competitive RP / PvP as long as they have a justifiable reason to do so (usually through their abilities). Of course, I'm not suggesting that was your intention but I like to ensure there are no grey areas from the get-go when it comes to abilities.

Let me kow if you want anything changing before go-time, else I'll approve this and you can update at Level 2

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Celynne Edychel
    I've no interest in messing with anything right now. I only suggested the chaining thing since before you told me that the ability wouldn't have a high PL and I had removed a couple of 3 PL things.

As for the staff, unless there's an ability that changes how it works mechanically, it's just a staff that happens to change its shape for cosmetic purposes only. Like with Wailing Strike. That ability specifically states that the weapon will double the effects of Shrieking Riffs temporarily on hit. If Wailing Strike is not active, then it's just the staff's normal damage.

And I'm aware that there's no auto-hit stuff here. I just assumed that as it's always been that way in anything I've done. I don't plan on doing any sort of PvP ever, either, so chances are 100% of anything I hit with an action is going to be NPC. I just figured that if I did fight someone, then they're RP that the ability landed or didn't since 100% hitting abilities or having 100% of them dodged is boring as hell.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Celynne Edychel View Post
    I've no interest in messing with anything right now. I only suggested the chaining thing since before you told me that the ability wouldn't have a high PL and I had removed a couple of 3 PL things.

As for the staff, unless there's an ability that changes how it works mechanically, it's just a staff that happens to change its shape for cosmetic purposes only. Like with Wailing Strike. That ability specifically states that the weapon will double the effects of Shrieking Riffs temporarily on hit. If Wailing Strike is not active, then it's just the staff's normal damage.

And I'm aware that there's no auto-hit stuff here. I just assumed that as it's always been that way in anything I've done. I don't plan on doing any sort of PvP ever, either, so chances are 100% of anything I hit with an action is going to be NPC. I just figured that if I did fight someone, then they're RP that the ability landed or didn't since 100% hitting abilities or having 100% of them dodged is boring as hell.
    Perfect!

In that case, my friend, you are approved!.

I've added 200 GP to your starting money. Go forth and kick ass.