EXP: 2,792, Level: 2
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next Level: 2,208
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,208

GP

Name
    Kurtz Jeane

Kurtz Jeane- The Traveler

Hey Guys- I heard about this site from a friend of mine I grew up with, and I've been really excited to give it a try! I hope you'll bear with me, my posting will be a little erratic as I have a new baby in the house, but I'll do my best to make sure my story posts are the best I can make them!

This is the Skeleton(no pun intended) I have for Kurtz- Let me know if I need to change anything! Thank You!

Name: Kurtz Jeane
    Nickname/Alias: The Traveler
    Race: Half Lich
    Height: 6’1”
    Weight:190 lbs
    Personality: Kurtz never wanted the curse that’s fallen on him. The prospect of having to steal life from others to keep himself alive sounds like a fate worse than death for him. Vengeance for his master on individuals he never met causes him little excitement, nor does the prospect of having dark and destructive powers. However, he resigns himself to the task of finding those worthy of his hungers, evil people or creatures that are better left destroyed, or face the alternative-not dying, but being fully awake and aware for eternity with no ability to move- a fate far worse than death.

History: After being forced into a cave by a group of armed treasure seekers to check for traps, he finds the remains of an ancient necromancer, a self proclaimed “God of the Undead”. Kurtz is then possessed by the ghost and is forced to use the power given to him by his new master to take revenge on his former disciples who stole his power and artifacts, betraying him during what should have been the pinnacle achievement of his life.. Upon completion of this task, the spirit promises to leave Kurtz, allowing him to keep the power they acquire, eons of dreaming of nothing but vengeance leave the spirit with no other desires afterwards.

Appearance: Pallid complexion, lanky in build, dark hair and dark eyes.

Skills:
    Swordplay- Moderate
    Agricultural knowledge-Moderate
    Woodland Survival-Moderate
    Hunting-Moderate
    Lich Speak-Can communicate with any intelligent undead. Only allows the ability to speak, does not compel the target to follow any commands.

Abilities:
    Necrotic blade- Imbues a weapon currently held to hex the target with necromantic energy, causing the targets to feel drained. In organic targets, the wounds caused by the hex seem to rot and fester in seconds, inorganic enemies can see cracks of stone or spots of rust as the entropic forces seem to weaken the fabric of reality.
    (Creates a weak spot on a target that can be exploited to do 50% more damage if a wound is caused by the weapon enchanted by this spell. Wound lasts until treated and if left unattended can cause life threatening infections. Imbuement lasts for 1 minute or the until weapon leaves Kurtz hand. Can be done 3 times a day. Magical objects or creatures under spells of protection have a resistance to the effects of the blade, causing the effect to be nullified.)

Entropic Bolt- By harnessing his connection to the Deathlord, Kurtz can send out a bolt of black energy that unmakes whatever lies in its path. Using the powers of the Deathlord leaves Kurtz drawn closer to the Realm of Death, causing his physical actions to slow and he becomes more lethargic.
    (Deals damage equal to a lightning bolt to a target that must be in line of sight and with in 10 meters of the caster. Can be done 3 times a day.)

Vampiric Grasp- By touching a living target, Kurtz can steal the very life from his victim to heal himself and fill the dark hunger for living energy.
    (By making physical contact with a living target kurts can heal injuries to himself upto replacing lost limbs, draining the energy from the target equal to the damage healed. The worse the damage the longer the contact takes, though the target may be unable to move during the attack. The attack causes Kurtz to be unable to perform any action while in physical contact and is left vulnerable. Can successfully heal cuts and bruises 3 times per day, broken bones 2 times per day, and regrow a limb once per day.

Cuts and bruises- 10 seconds of contact
    Broken bones-30 seconds per limb
    Replace lost Limbs-1 minute per limb)

Equipment/Weapons:
    Iron sword
    Oaken Bow
    Arrows
    Hide Jerkin
    Last edited by DreamCatcher; 05-24-2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Clarification and power balance!

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hey there!

I feel like I should take this as I'm a recent mum too!! Mine is seven months and he's the delight of my life.

Your character is certainly interesting! He looks quite powerful at the moment, so we may need to work on a few things. In general your history, equipment and skills all seen fine by I just need a little more information on your abilities.

Your first one - 'necrotic blade' - is there any limit to this at all, or does it effect everyone in the same way? If a person is a high level, can they lessen the damage? And am I right in reading that the hex is cast, and then the victim needs to be injured?

For your 'entropic bolt' is there an idea of how far it would reach? E.g. his many metres away in terms of range?

Thanks for now.
    Phi
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Kurtz Jeane
    There we go! I cleaned up the part about the wound needing to be inflicted by the weapon- you’re absolutely right! The goal was to make it similar to a poisoned blade. I then added the limit of not being able to effect magical items and to be deflected by magical shields or spells.

As for the bolt spell I kept it within the traditional d and d distance of 30 feet or 10 meters!

Let me know if anything else needs to change- my son is 10 weeks at the moment and taking care of him feels like the whole reason I’m here. He’s finally able to wear his sneakers and we’re able to take him on short trips since the stay home orders have been dropped.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hello!

Your are approved! And 200 starting gold is added to your account.

And I know the feeling. It took me just a few days until I was saying that I think I had completed my life's whole purpose when I brought my son into the world. He's everything and more, and has truly made me appreciate family.

Is there anything I can help with/questions about Althanas o can answer before I archive this thread?

Phi x
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Kurtz Jeane
    Nope! For now I think I’m okay- I’m going to take some time and read through the guides and some previous posts to get my bearings a bit! Thank you so much!

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Thread approved and placed in archive.
    *admin at your service*

Characters: