EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

Between the Scenes

The letter is shoved into the back of the pack where her belongings are. Once a lavish letter with red sealing wax, it is now stained by food, drink, and tears. The wrinkled letter, upon opening, has the prim, proper writing style of a true military general. This is a condolence letter.

To Fulcrum Rhyolite-Knopsnider,

I hope this letter finds you in good health.

It brings me sorrow to send you the news that Jonathan Knopsnider has died in the field of combat. He is a devastating loss to us, not only as a soldier but as a companion.

When he first joined us, it was obvious that he had potential. Previous military experience, despite his young age, and a talent so incredible it did not seem natural. Yet, he had a temper. His desire to rush into things and make everything right made him brash, yet we worked thoroughly to make him far more than just a foot soldier. Eventually, he proved himself. He became a genuine Ranger, balancing his passion with discipline. He was a heartfelt, loyal friend who always looked out for the betterment of all soldiers in the line of duty. He was an excellent commander. His reverence for Trisgen, his sense of justice, and his energetic persona made him a beam of light in this dark war. It was a grave experience, watching him fall.

It was a hostage situation. He and his battalion were captured by the Empire's forces and threatened. We tried to rescue them, accompanied by your talented niece, Felicity Rhyolite. We did everything we could, but eventually were forced to watch as the entire battalion was executed for treason against the Empire. We barely managed to escape with our own lives...

Before he was killed, Jonathan told Felicity that he was satisfied with his life, having fought for freedom and justice. That, at least, leaves me with closure. Yet, I am concerned for the girl. She shows incredible potential like he did, but I fear that this experience has shaken her to the core. Even worse, she may be handing you this letter on the way home.

I feel deep sorrow. I have watched Jonathan grow tremendously. I never could of imagined his life ending so early, even in war. As you grieve for your son, know that I grieve with you. He grew from a hot headed boy to a gifted Ranger. I, and the rest of the Coronian Rangers, will feel this loss for years to come.

I apologize for this devastating loss.

Sincerely,
    Marshall Edward Stormcrow.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 05-28-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    ~ A Poem ~

I feel the anger again
    Poisonous words spew from my mouth
    This is where the pain churned red
    All the awful things I can't take back now

What do you get when you mix beating rage
    With twisted, shy shame?
    One moment, I'm fuming from all the hate
    The other, I'm drowning in the thick, heated guilty waves

Help me! I'm trying so hard
    I'm trying so hard to bury my dark
    Cause I know, inside, my revenge fantasies
    Could one thread snap and I become warped?
    All I see is cruel ice in the crevices of memory
    And I'm reminded why I never carry out those sick fantasies

I'm torn
    Can't be a monster like her
    I need to prove them wrong, but this thorn!
    How long before I finally give into my anger?

I have to win...

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    This world can be very cruel. But it is also beautiful. How can this place be both bitter and sour? I hate it, but I want to explore it, experience it, taste it. I feel agony, but I want to live.

The throngs of blind hatred is cold as snow
    But wonderful snowflakes fall elegantly to the ground below

The pain of sorrow stings like ice
    But the sparkling ice reflects the stars at night

The forces of nature are overbearing, unforgiving
    But nature is beautiful, for this is life's nursery

How on earth can this world be
    Both dark, horrible - but beautiful, lovely?

The deserts are hot and the sun beats down
    But it is the sun that energizes the ground.

The forests are long, one can easily be lost
    But what if one purposefully got lost in thought?

The mountains are massive, they're tough to climb
    But once you reach the top you look upon paradise

Full of both wrathful wars and loving peace?

People can kill, but they can bring life
    People do wrong, but they also make right
    This world is dark and confusing, I can hardly stand
    But this world is also beautiful, this bizarre Althanas

I want to explore it, I want to fee the breeze
    I want to be a hero, and I want to be free
    I need to know, is the pain worth something?
    I believe it is, it's not for nothing

A place so bitter, yet also so sweet?

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The sound of hissing sounded from inside the shop.

It was a familiar sound. The sound of hot metal being cooled in ice water. Felicity was outside, sweeping the porch of the small, wooden shop. Some of the dust was kicked up to blue dress as her uncle worked inside. It was quite a nice day, birds sang outside as the woodland of Concordia spread out from all sides. The family was close to a small town, governed by the Coronian Rangers. Felicity's cousin, Jonathan, was one of the Rangers stationed there. After Felicity finished sweeping the porch, she huffed and slammed the wooden rod of the broom into the beams like it was a spear. A grin spread across the child's face as she started to fight an imaginary figure with the makeshift pole arm. She continued to hack and slash at the air, oblivious to her surroundings, before she turned around and bumped into her uncle!

"Eep!" She stepped back, immediately lowering the broom. The middle aged man sighed, trying to hide a smile as he placed a bucket of metal tools on the freshly swept deck. "Are you done sweeping?"

Felicity nodded, nervous.

The man finally let himself smile, wiping his calloused hand through his once jet black hair. "Felicity, you're supposed to be growing up. In a year, you'd be considered an adult in Eiskalt."

Felicity frowned. She was twelve now, and her uncle would not shut up about "growing up." Felicity didn't feel any older, especially when she barely went into town because he didn't want her to.

Crossing his muscular arms, the lithe man nodded towards the broom, "You need to stop doing childish things, Felicity."

Felicity felt a wave of anger overtake her, "I'll believe you want me to grow up when you let me do simple errands!"

His blue eyes dilated. Felicity felt her face grow red as the argument began.

"I'll let you run errands," He lifted his finger and started shaking it, "When you start acting more your age-"

"-I do act my age!" Felicity subconsciously stood on her tippy toes to appear taller. "I help you in the shop and at home all the time! You don't even let me learn to weld or use the forge!"

"The other day you dropped a bucket of water onto the floor!" Her uncle shouted, his thin face red, "Do you think I would let you touch my equipment?!"

"I want to be independent!" Felicity shouted, "I don't have to rely on you anymore!"

With a loud scoff, he picked up the bucket. "I'll believe that when you stop pretending with brooms like toys." His dismissive tone was asserted as he pushed by her, descending the steps. "Watch the forge. I'm dropping these off at the shop in town."

Felicity scowled as he stomped off. Why didn't her uncle trust her? Felicity liked to have fun, but she was dead serious when she needed to be and he knew it. Throwing her arms in the air, she stormed inside.

Inside the shop, there were all kinds of items in barrels, hung on the wall, or in a corner somewhere. Everything from tools, to furniture, even some weapons and armor for the Rangers, were all in the dimly lit work station. To put her negative energy to some use, Felicity tossed the broom into the small closet and pulled a bucket out. By the time she got to the well, filled it with water and soap, and came back, the ash and soot coated forge would be cool enough to clean.

~~~

"Uh!" Felicity dragged the heavy bucket up the porch and into the small building. Setting it down, she wiped her brow and looked inside. Strange... It was more drafty than usual. Then - she heard a loud *clang!* Felicity was confused, her uncle usually took longer to get back than this. Yet, something in her gut felt horribly off. Being the socially awkward kid she was, however, she did the idiot thing.

"Hello?" She called, slowly walking into the storage area, "Uncle? Is that you?"

The floorboards groaned louder than ever as Felicity slowly wiped the soapy water off her hands, onto her dress. Standing still, at the entrance leading to the forge itself, Felicity peered into the darkness. "Uncle? Are-is that-"

She stopped, everything inside her screaming to get out. She was feeling a sense of dread she had never experienced since she moved from her old, snowy home. That feeling of hostility, that feeling of wrath... She turned to face the door, thinking that tipping the bucket could deter anyone from following her.

She was a little too late in thinking wisely, however, as she felt a sturdy hand clasp her shoulder.

With a squeak, Felicity turned to see that a human man, shadowed in the darkness of the room, had broken in. He was sturdy, larger than her uncle. He pulled her closer, raising a hammer to bring it down on her head.

Instinct took over.

Remembering the self defense training from her cousin, Felicity ducked. She lifted her arm after the swing was swung, pulling his arm out before bringing her other elbow down to his extended, locked arm.

With a cry, the man let go of the hammer. As the heavy object fell to the ground, Felicity rapidly made distance between the two. As the dim light from the half closed shudders illuminated his hazel eyes, Felicity turned to the nearby wall and yanked a crude, steel arming sword from its hook. She knew she had never used one before, but she didn't care. Someone had dared to break into her uncle's shop, they would not get away with it!

Pointing the sword at him with a tight, thin posture, she barked, "Who are you! What do you want!"

The man reached to the shelf next to him and pulled out a massive, iron blade of a farming tool. "I need some junk to sell on the black market, kid. So scram!"

"No!" Felicity's arm vibrated, causing the blade to shake in her hand. She was quite frightened, but she stood her ground.

The man scoffed, walking closer, "Idiot child!"

"I've been called worse," Felicity retorted, stepping back towards the door. The bucket was right next to her. She waved the sword, "I know how to use this!"

"No, you don't!" the robber laughed, lifting his weapon of choice, "You obviously never used a sword in your life!"

Felicity forced herself to stay before he lunged forward, then she acted. Stepping back, she kicked the bucket down before dashing out the door. She dropped the sword, kind of scared to be holding a pointed object. She turned around at the edge of the premises, turning to see the robber picking himself up from the ground. Felicity's face turned white when he tossed the tool aside, picking up the sword she dropped instead.

"Brat!" He barked, "You're a potential witness, can't let you tattle on me!"

Felicity took a step back, terrified to stay or run. Then, she heard loud footsteps in the mud from behind. She froze, was there an accomplice coming to finish her off?

"Then again," The man smirked, looking below Felicity's face and pointing with the sword, "You're somewhat attractive enough for the market yourself. Your proportions are pathetic, but everyone love redhea-"

"-Over my dead body!" The sound of a gun cranked behind her. Felicity knew that voice! She turned to see her cousin standing ready with a rifle. "Stand down now, sir! Don't tempt me to kill you any more than I already am!"

With a gasp, the man dropped the sword. Looking into the barrel of a loaded gun, and reading the rage on the black haired Ranger's face, he dropped to his knees and lifted his hands with a face of devastated defeat.

As the criminal cussed at the Ranger, Felicity turned to see her uncle dashing towards them with a look of insane panic. "Jonathan! Felicity! Are you alright?"

Felicity was grasped and pulled into an embrace by her uncle. From beside them, Jonathan walked closer to the man with his rifle ready. His face was twisted in that familiar rage Felicity knew him by. "We are fine, father. Just, this waste of air decided to break into your shop with Felicity inside!"

Felicity turned to see her uncle looking Felicity over for any damage, pale. "Are you hurt, Felicity? Did he do anything to-*

"-Uncle," Felicity choked, trying not to cry from this ordeal, "I'm okay."

With wide panicked eyes, her uncle turned to what was going on behind them. As Jonathan was handcuffing the degenerate, her uncle cried, "I was only gone for a bit and this happens! Can't I ever protect her!?"

Felicity turned to her uncle, shocked. She hated seeing him distressed, and she tried to cut in, "But I'm okay-"

"-You could of been hurt!" He shouted, tears in his eyes, "We moved to Corone to protect you!"

"Father."

The two turned to see Jonathan, who was ready to walk the robber off. As the man scowled, the young Coronian Ranger spoke in a surprisingly calm, collected voice for the Jonathan Knopsnider she knew.

"Felicity's growing up, no matter how much you care to admit it. She needs to start learning to defend herself, gain some independence." Jonathan's eyes narrowed as her uncle fumed, "You easily let me find my own path. Why is it so different with Felicity?"

"You know why!" The uncle shot up, causing Felicity to flinch and step back. "And you may be an adult, but you are still my son! Shut up!"

As he turned to storm off, Felicity turned with tears in her eyes as the robber mocked how Jonathan had been lashed out at. Jonathan stood there, shaking his head in bitter disappointment.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    ~ A Poem ~

It's like a star
    Burning energy
    Molecules collide, create light

It's like a star
    Violent energy
    Power reaches the surface, glowing bright

It's like the sun
    It is a source of clarity
    It brings warmth, it brings life

It's like the sun
    It quakes horribly
    It brings danger, it brings destruction, it grinds

It's like a neurotoxin
    It breaks down clarity
    It floods toxic rage into the mind

It's like a neurotoxin
    It forces insanity
    The rage burns as the only purpose is - fight

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    ~ A Poem ~

You're a slave to your past, robbed of joy
    You have a new life, but you haven't joined
    You can fight, you have a choice
    You can move on, or stay in the void

Fight. Fight on through terror's noise
    Break free. Your freedom, no longer avoid
    You have the power to purify struggle's alloy
    I see potential in you, child of great adroit

You must leave everything behind...

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    ~ A Poem ~

How far is too far?
    I've seen how much the darkness can warp
    I've felt the most painful of scars
    The light is dim, and hope feels barred

How far am I willing to go
    To achieve my dreams, my goals?
    I know I yearn for cheers and a throne
    My darkness is getting harder to ignore

It's my worst nightmare.

I'd do anything, I think, for the ones I cherish
    I'd do anything, maybe, to solve injustice
    I'd do anything, possibly, to finally gain acknowledgement
    How far is too far? How far am I willing to go?

Don't save me, I'm not drowning
    By now I'm used to the water, floundering
    Do I warp with it, or change it?
    I'm not some blind optimist

I want to see noble things and the power of love
    But that's too stupid to rise above
    The worst part of this is
    I have darkness and desires beyond heroic fluff

Can I be a monster? Absolutely.
    Do I hate it here? Undoubtedly.
    Could I warm up to my sickness here?
    Positively.

I watched my world burn so many times
    And I know the evil in me could arise
    Save me! Don't save me! Stop me! Have you forgotten me?
    Hey, nagging demon inside? I no longer want to fight...

It's my worst nightmare.
    I want to dream it again!

I've lost my way back home
    I can never go back, I know
    I've lost my way back home
    And I don't want to go

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    I'm tired of running away
    I'm tired of being the victim
    I'm tired of taking the blame
    I'm tired of drinking my own venom

I was naive, younger, sheltered
    I was your fool, I didn't know any better
    So yeah, you hurt me, you flooded me with doubt
    So yeah, you hurt me, traumatized me
    Ouch.

But now, I'm older, wiser, better
    But now, I'm stronger, lost no longer
    Yeah, you hurt me, but I've spent all my tears
    Yeah, you hurt me, but I'm finally fighting my fears

I have a purpose now, you see
    I made my purchase, it's for keeps
    So when you toy with my new family
    I'll strike you down so fast, so don't blink

You messed up when you messed with the ones I love
    You can fight me, but fight them and I've had enough
    Now, I'll pull off my fancy silk glove
    And I know a thing or two about playing rough

Oof!

Gonna go boom!
    You're gonna challenge me? That's cute
    Aw, look what you made me do
    I'm your worst night terror, nightmare fuel

My past has its oppressors and villains
    The bullies, scum, heartless pillagers
    I don't mean to dehumanise, but I've had my fill of em
    I'm rising from the ashes for a crown, it's not the end

Cause when you strike me I get stronger
    I spit in the face of death, don't falter
    Against someone like you, I'm willing to be a monster
    Think I'll surrender? You're dead wrong, sir

I see all my enemies in you
    You make me sick, I need a moment to puke
    You spawn of evil, vile and cruel
    I know now what I have to do

I'm sorry, that weakling isn't here right now
    It's just me

You're atrocious, but I'm ferocious
    I won't lose focus, my power's prominent
    You've lost my tolerance, prepare for my dominance
    You need to be cautious, cause I'm finally confident

You won't get the best of me
    After all this time I'm finally free
    Aw, what's the matter? You look scared, buddy
    No holding back, you'll pay for your deeds due fully

I'm no longer afraid of who I am
    I'm in charge now, I have a plan
    Last edited by Flamebird; 01-04-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    How could you do this to me?
    I've never been so betrayed in my life, from the beginning
    The words, mixed signals, the things you'd say to me
    Both insults and compliments, you further confused me

I saw the same pain in you
    Unwanted, unloved, lost and abused
    I wanted to see you be better, be true
    Why did I think I could change you?

You found me when I was drunk and weak
    Vulnerable, wasted, I trusted you to help me
    Instead, you regressed and took me to sleep
    You said it would help, stripping my virginity

What have I done to warrant this misuse?
    Your words, actions, and face haunt me, I still feel you
    Am I your toy? Did you ever care? The answers are few
    What have you done to me? I've never been so confused...
    Last edited by Flamebird; 01-19-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    I still hear your horrid whispers scream at me
    I still feel you caressing me as I fall asleep
    I can't get you out of my head
    So go on, torture me once again

I still feel that jealousy as you flirt around
    I still hear your insults and compliments, unsound
    I'm so confused, did you really care?
    You're haunting me, though of course you're not there

I crave you
    I hate you
    Do you love me or hate me? I can't tell
    I loathe you
    I love you
    I still need you, in this shell

I curl up alone in this cold bed
    You drove me insane but without you I'm dead
    All that time, what did I see in you?
    All this time, I'm so scared of the truth

Taunting me, you're haunting me
    All night
    You're gentle words, your mentoring guidance, compliments heard
    I'm not alright
    Sleepless, lost in our disagreements
    I feel wretched

I strike you
    I want you
    Attack my insecurities. This is hell
    I fear you
    I relate to you
    I still love you, are you well?
    Last edited by Flamebird; 01-22-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Felicity Playlist.