Malanachi

Araris Lenore Malanachi

Name: Araris Lenore Malanachi
    Height:6’1
    Weight:195
    Eye Color: Yellow with a golden hue
    Race: Malanachi – ( Autumn Fae )

Personality

Brutal honestly, Araris is the picture-perfect representative of a painstakingly straightforward individual. The military had a huge hand in molding his attitude. Happy to hold a door open for a family or cut the rope to save himself. Do not plan to expect a certain reaction from him. Araris is just as happy to read a book as to compete in a weightlifting competition.

Key Traits
    - Cunning
    - Brutally Honest
    - Driven

Race

Malanachi loosely translates to “People of Mother Earth” and nearly all his namesake is an earth bender first and foremost. All types of legends, jokes, and lies surround the family name about their connection to earth manipulation. The quick of all this “History” is no one really knew anything other his people are beyond unnaturally gifted at manipulating earth. During his time in the Rangers Araris discovered a few passages from the library about people born from fae and human. Generations of half-fae hiding in the mountains. The bloodline changing drastically and with one major secret. If a Malanachi were to ever claim line to the fae they would be discovered and forced to choose aside.

The Autumn Court, the middling fae. The forgotten bloodline of fae lost to war. Only to discovery, there are in fact several bloodlines still in existence.

Background

Araris Lenore Malanachi chooses his path in a very different way, he joined the military of Corone and then later the Coronian Rangers. Araris Lenore discovered his family bloodline of the autumn fae. The secret guarded by his family elders. After learning this he chooses the best occupation to travel the world is military. Making success the goal to do and go wherever he chooses. Araris spent ten years in the military, Coronian Rangers. Using the military to search as much as he could about the forgotten history. He used the military to earn his degree in applied science and minor in history. The youth took a special interest in alchemy and medieval history. He did well during his time of enlistment and earning the rank of commander. He fought and waged war early in his youth at the age of eighteen and decided to retire after ten years. He had learned all he could tenure during his service.

A new adventure awaits the youth and only time would tell…

Education

Alchemist Knowledge – Study of Science and advanced knowledge understanding of chemical compounds.
    Historical Understanding- Knowledge of current and medieval history.

Skills

Guerilla Warfare – Advanced crude military tactics.

Close quarters Combat – Intermediate combat prowess with a focus of grappling and boxing. With unconventional footwork training to encompass both linear and triangular movements.

Swordsmanship – Intermediate
    Araris has received the standard ranger sword instruction. He can hold his own with most and acknowledge when he will be outclassed.

Abilities

(Araris can't manipulate metal)

Testudo
    Araris can channel earth to enclose his hands with rocks. This maneuver good for both defense and offense. The weight limit per limb is three pounds of rock. Although (Limit set to x2 per combative thread, and last only four post or two rounds.) Durability or strength is only that of common rocks and dirt.

Metallurgy
    Araris can feel the minerals and metal under his feet or near his person within a twelve-foot radius. A six sense of his own, nothing more. (Passive Ability)

Rolling Thunder
    Araris can manipulate the earth to create waves with the ground. The ground will rise and fall repeatedly. Each wave never go higher or beyond ground level more than six inches. The ground effect is a twelve-foot radius of his choosing. (Limitation x2 and last for two rounds or four-post)(All can be effected within the circle including himself.)

Personal Effects

A simple enchanted black cloth mask. The enchantment on the mask once worn mask the wearers' head disappears like the headless horsemen. (The mask offers no special protection or offensive enhancement)
    Last edited by Araris; 06-13-2020 at 01:41 PM.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Hey there, nice character! Great to have you here on Althanas. I just need to get a few clarifications and adjustments on the abilities.

For Testudo, please specify that it can only be used on dirt, ordinary stone, and iron ore. We have a number of higher-tier metals here on Althanas, so being able to manipulate any type of earth would be a significant advantage. If I'm misunderstanding something or you'd like to modify the ability differently, just let me know.

Also (just out of curiosity) how much weight can he do this with?

For Rolling Thunder, is Araris somehow not affected by the shaking earth, or does it hinder him as well as others?

We may have to modify the mask as well, but I'll get back to you on that after we've cleared up the abilities.

Thanks for keeping everything neat and tidy!
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Araris Lenore
    Race
    Malanachi
    I have edited the following abilities and added a note that my toon can not manipulate metal, at least not yet.

If my character is in rolling thunder he will be affected as well any other person in the area.

Also, thanks for the welcome. I am from the previous forum. I was going to transfer him over but decided to just make a new one. If possible I would love to keep the mask. I've had it on all althanas charaters I've had, can't wait to get started on the new forum.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    This looks fine, welcome back and approved! Go have fun
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."