Newcomer

GP

Name
    Alfred (Alf) Pit
    Race
    Humanish

No dragons, or dungeons (Felicity)

It was morning, dawn patrol the sun was just barely winking on the horizon, those with the ability to greet the sun while balancing on planks of wood that float on large waves were doing just that. Just absolutely beautiful! I could be doing that, I could be easily doing that I enjoyed the water. But what I love was fishing!

I stood there the water as it receded was just below the knee, most of the waves were hitting me at just where the belt would be wrap around me, Over my shoulder was a net, a rope cast net weighted with led weights, one of which was in my mouth. I waited as the wave started to close in on me, I twisted, and threw the net in one smooth motion, l let the weight pop out from between my lips, and the net opened in a billowy circle. I could hear the air hiss through the individual threads of the net, followed by a soft splash, an instant later the frothy warm water hit me.

I waited a moment, and started pulling on the rope still in my hand, Once I felt tension on my rope, my net felt heavy. a good sign I was going for a bucket of anchovies, to go along with a bucket of sand fleas for the days fishing. If I don't catch a single thing today I can always fry the sand fleas, and have them as a snack.

I caught a dozen anchovies, and started gathering my net again, and another crystalline wave with a beautiful curl glistened on the horizon.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    The roaring of waves resounded as Felicity walked through the sunlight. The remote coastline smelled of fish and salt. Despite being on a grassy path some ways away from the beaches, Felicity could still feel the smallest hints of sea spray on her face. The hot day was hardly good for Felicity, a girl who spent her first nine years in the frigid land of Eiskalt. Felicity had, since then, grown up in Corone, albeit under the cool canopies of Underwood's trees. She had a lot of weapons on her waist and slung over her back, as well as several bags being carried as well. Wearing brown pants and a heavy shirt, panted as she struggled against the sun's heat.

Turning a corner, Felicity's boots sunk onto a small patch of sand. Beyond the pathway, Felicity spotted the entrance to a familiar beach. Since she was ten, until she was fourteen, Felicity's family had come to this beach every summer for a two week vacation. Her cousin took off from his duties as a Coronian Ranger, and her uncle was able to take a break from being a smithy. Felicity closed her eyes, smelling the salty air and recalling those times. Every year, Uncle Fulcrum tried and failed to fish before cousin Jonathan and herself returned from a seaside vendor with something like smoked lobster or fried salmon. Felicity remembered the first time, that first year, they tried ice cream and all cried out in shock at the cold flavorful cream. Felicity remembered running across the rocky shores, searching the seaside for clams in hopes of finding the legendary pearls elves made business out of here. Felicity opened her eyes, tears flooding her eyes. Those times were such bliss, why had she left to chase heroism?

As her tear clouded vision unblurred, Felicity gasped. She... must have subconsciously walked. Now, she was standing in the middle of the same beach she had vacationed at so many years ago. Felicity sniffled, wiping her eyes. The sand dunes of the beach had wood debris, winding bushes, and old fishing nets littering the shore. It was out of vacation season, and the elves seldom spent time on the beach during the off seasons. Felicity sighed, walking closer to the clear blue waves of the beach. She had been traveling on an important mission. Why had she stopped here? Felicity needed to return to her new home, Whitevale, urgently. Why was she now walking upon the squishy sands of a beach she had not been at for years?

She needed to go.

Felicity sighed, adjusting the weapons dangling on her belt as she turned and looked down the shoreline. She saw that indeed, a lone fisherman had set up camp a while ways down, fishing for the day. Felicity reached up and pushed her curled, red hair back. Deciding to relish in some painful nostalgia, Felicity turned and walked along the edge of the sea. She was so tempted to remove her boots, but she could not risk cutting herself on some old glass or a sharp seashell. Under the burning sun, Felicity gazed out to the sea as she absent-mindedly strolled along. She could not lose Whitevale like she had lost her uncle and cousin. Remembering the memories of joy with her family, Felicity felt bitter sadness at the fact that both had been dead for years.

Felicity was nineteen now. She lived ages away from the family that had raised her. Huh, family. What was family anymore? Was it the people who were related to her and raised her, like her cousin and uncle? Was it found friends that felt close to her heart and guided her, like her teacher in Whitevale? Could she consider Shinsou Vaan Osiris some kind of family? She blushed upon thinking of one of the people she had met on her journey to Whitevale, Leoric Blackwell. Could he be family? Her feelings were hard to deny, and she was close to him and the girl he had adopted. Was Kylie truly like a daughter? And what was Leoric Blackwell to Felicity? What did he think of her? Friend? Lover? Family? Felicity had never experienced that kind of family. She had no father, and her mother had abandoned her. Uncle Fulcrum's wife had died shortly before Felicity was born herself. Felicity had no idea how the lover's family worked. What was family anymore?

"Eep!"

Felicity had been so lost in her thoughts, she failed to notice a fisherman's metal lunchbox until she was actively tripping over it. In an instant, she had a face full of wet sand. She was actively aware of the fact that she was right in front of that lone fisher, having potentially ruined a catch with her thud so close to the waves.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Alfred (Alf) Pit
    Race
    Humanish
    I was in the middle of hauling a net full of bait fish when someone tripped over my lunch box! That, was very unfortunate, now my sam'ich was all soggy with salt water. Well there was nothing else I could do about it, I would just have to have a fresh lunch! I smiled warmly at the young stranger "Hello there! Lost in thought?" I asked the young lady I let go of the rope attached to my net, all the bait fish I knew would work their way out of it. No matter, I offered my very calloused hands to the maiden.

"I am Alfred Pit, most people call me Alf." I introduced my self as I helped her get untangled from what ever mess she might be in beside my lunch box.

"What brings you out here?" I asked shortly there after. I knew what I was out here for, There was a series of shipwrecks I was going to explore after dawn patrol, I wanted to see what sorts of finned food types. Or what ever else might down in there. I mostly wanted to go see. I wasn't actually sure which was the bonus the fishing, or the exploring. Only now I would have to bring my stove.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity humbly took Alf's hand and stood up, "Name's Felicity. I'll have to buy you a new lunch..."

Scrapping clumps of wet sand and shells off of her clothes, Felicity collected her fallen equipment and placed them safely on the shore. She was quite thankful that this fisherman was friendly and forgiving. As the waves splashed against the cool, smooth wet sands, Felicity sat down next to Alf as he started to fish again.

"Traveling. I'm headed to Whitevale, but walking down this beach was too tempting to resist..."

Gazing out into the blue beyond, Felicity spotted seagulls soaring above the ocean. She smiled, remembering the fond memories of throwing seagulls bread and potato bits so long ago.

"My family vacationed here in the summer for several years. Last trip was when I was fourteen." Felicity pulled her knees close to her chest and hugged herself. She was too hurt to speak of their deaths when she was fifteen. It hurt... It hurt so much, looking back at the terrible ending. Felicity blinked away her tears, trying to maintain composure in front of this stranger.

Watching the foamy waters, hearing the rhythm of the waves, Felicity smiled a sad smile, "I still remember diving for pearls hoping to find one like the elves harvest. My uncle was convinced that I'd never get one, until I did."

Felicity softly laughed, "I was a selfless fool, gave it to a child who thought it looked pretty."

Fantasies flooded her mind, she muttered absent-mindedly. "I wouldn't mind diving again..."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Alfred (Alf) Pit
    Race
    Humanish
    "My fishing boat is over there" I said slightly excitedly, and pointed at a squat fishing boat small enough to be ran by one person, but with plenty of room for equipment, and harvests thanks to a narrow outrigger with a reed mesh covering the top of it. "I'll happily take you out on it, if you'll do me one favor, and reel in a line I casted out when I first got started." I made the offer I liked, no loved fishing, but I liked having a fishing buddy to come along.

I finished hauling my cast net. There was enough anchovies in the bucket for cut bait. It was going to be a good day. I picked up bait buckets in one hand. my net draped over my shoulder, and my lunch box in the other, I was loaded down but not too heavy, and deftly brought my supplies to my boat. Everything was almost of a military order on my boat, things tucked away, or lashed to the inside of it, I had gaffs, and tridents, and a few Alerarian fishing poles.

I made sure that my new companion was ok, and when I had finished putting away my bait, I began making my way toward her. "How you doing my young friend?!" I called out.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity had never fished once in her life, never had bee taught to reel in a line. It took common sense and her quick learning skills to pull the line in. It swerved, and Felicity squeaked as she pulled the hook above water, a flopping fish with it. Felicity swiftly lunged the line to the ground, the fish slamming against a rock and continuing to flop in an amusing fashion. She heard Alf call from his boat, and Felicity awkwardly pointed to the fish and messy line she held like a fool.

Felicity Playlist.