Level completed: 42%, EXP required for next Level: 1,768
    Level completed: 42%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,768

GP

Name
    Aribus (Dracon) Wren

Dracon (WIP)

Name: Aribus Wrem

Nickname/Alias: Dracon (like dragon but with a hard K sound instead of G)

Race: Humanoid Aberation

Height: 6'6 (2M)

Weight: 270 (122KG)

Personality: Dracon is a broken man having undergone several operations that while maybe helpful, was not kind to his body, or his mind. He laughs at inappropriate things, he sometimes has a bad temper, he can be confrontational, or just jaw clenchingly pissed off at people. Most of the time he's prickly but approachable. In a fight he gives himself fully into a fight but still fights it intelligently using what is at his disposal to win the day.

History: At one time I was human, just your run of the mill sell sword, any of a dime a dozen cut throats, or grave robbers. Until during one fateful raid. The men that I was highered with were raiding a temple, nothing that we hadn't done hundreds of times before. But this time there was a man in a yellow robe who looked upon us, and with a flick of his hand (or what ever semblance of a hand it was) cause the temple floor to erupt in sickly purple and green energy which vaporized most. I was unlucky enough to be far enough away from the blast to be slammed bone shatteringly hard into a pillar. I felt my spine break, no more feeling in my feet, my short ribs shove through the skin in my back., my shoulder was tore from its socket, my right arm pull from its socket with such force that part of my chest went with it, and my skull caved in. I felt all of this, I was still conscious what ever the man in yellow conjured kept me alive, and conscious during the excruciating pain.

I couldn't move either due to pain, or palatalization, and the frail looking entity looked at me with inhuman eyes, and grunted. He grabbed me by one hand lifted me onto his shoulder as if I were a sack of potatoes, and hauled me further into the temple. As we delved deeper I heard him speak to acolytes with a series of clicks. There were pictographs on the walls that grew more complex the deeper we delved strange writing unfamiliar to even ancient peoples. We reached a chamber deep under the ground, deeper under the temple than any outward indication would ever show. Eventually though we arrived at a chamber, and I was casually dropped me on a cold stone slab.

I was unceremoniously flipped onto my front I tried to use my good arm to push my self off the slab, there was a surge of energy, and I couldn't move, couldn't talk, or cry out; all I could do was feel. I felt it when my scalp was opened, and broken pieces of my skull were pulled away, and tossed aside as so much refuse. The entity in yellow worked his craft quickly, or maybe slowly my sense of time was thrown off beyond comprehension. My skull was repaired with glowing coral, or something like coral, my back was opened, and more of that coral substance was implanted. More clicks, I was rolled over on my back, and the entity in yellow used a glossy black knife to cut into my sternum, thighs, shins, and my remaining arm down to the bone more coral was implanted. Then things got worse as a spike was shoved into my leg, and my blood drained out, while at the same time as a blue, and black ichor was pumped into my veins.

As the ichor was pumped into me I felt a universe of information flow into me. My right arm was replaced with a scaled, clawed arm. My right eye was replaced with a...different one. I wasn't sure if I was being healed, tortured, or experimented on, or all three. More clicks, I could feel my bones begin to burn from where the coral like substance was implanted as the burning increased to unparalleled levels I could feel my wounds heal, and begin to make sense of all the information flooding my mind. Not much but enough, the clicks were not-words they were communication but expressed whole ideas, and feelings alien but feelings nonetheless. The entity in yellow was talking to no one that I could perceive. The entity went on, and on as to how I would be some sort of herald or some such. I felt my new arm, I felt its strength, I felt my mind reach out for the familiar, and I found it!

My mind gripped the hilt of an acolytes sword, and pulled to my surprise the sword flew from the acolytes scabbard, and into my hand. I swung at the entity in yellow. He backed away in haste, and I rolled to the ground. I found that I was strong. The acolytes rushed me, I made a wild swing , and the sword cut through the unarmored flesh of three of them. The entity in yellow seized my mind. I turned in my head to face him, but in his place was the purple energy with two bright yellow glowing eyes. but it was by my will alone that i set my mind in motion not the entity's. I moved, I moved the arm it had given me. It recoiled, it acted in fear, I understood fear, and pressed my advantage, and the sword in my hand found flesh, blackened rubbery flesh. The same blueblack ichor that now flowed in me spilled from it. The energy lashed out at me again, and again I willed through, and my mind reached out again but this time for the entity in yellow. I could feel its breath passing through it, and I closed off its its breathing, and the bright yellow eyes began to dim, and the energy dissipated.

As we battled in our minds I could see other yellow eyes surround us. They started clicking, the entity's eyes dimmed more, and the clicking grew louder causing my head to throb. I pulled the sword from the entity, and thrust again, and the yellow eyes, and purple energy faded to nothing, but the clicking grew louder till I passed out.

I woke up sometime later, I was alive, and out of the temple, in fact it was gone , my right arm, and chest moved with strength still, but no where near what I felt in the temple. My mind was jumbled, and I wondered what I was now. Existential things like that though bored me so I didn't think much of it.

I looked around to see if I could find the temple, but it had completely disappeared there wasn't even a crater left. That was fine, I was disappointed that I didn't have any treasure to show for my ordeal, but the incomplete process of my transformation into their weapon was a good second place trophy.

I am still a sell sword, and I am intrigued as to what sort of power my new body will be able to produce. Until then.

Appearance: Dracon has most of the appearance of an average looking man in his prime, with an all around summers tan, and a lean athletic build, as compared to the more typical bulky body builder build. His body is trapezoidal with a more muscular upper body, and a narrow trunk, and waist. He has glossy raven black hair, his right eye, and it's orbit are...not human. The iris of his right eye is slit like a rattle snakes with yellow pigmentation, and a red pupil, with the orbit, and lids of his eye were covered in black/blue heavy scales that showed the appearance of peeling with heavier bone structure. His right pectoral, shoulder, and arm are composed of the same blue/black scales with a large elbow spike coming from his elbow, and the entire thing ended in a clawed meaty hand. His right eye is an icy blue color of human shape.

For clothing he wears a pair of black canvas trousers, tan tunic with wooden toggles, and a pair of boots. Simple cloths like that, with a fur lined long coat in colder climates.

Skills:

Swordsmanship: Dracon is a capable swordsman, while not agile, he more than makes up for with reach, leverage, and strength, chaining telekinetic attacks, and hand to hand combat in combination to change things up. Wielding a hand, and a half sword one handed with ease.

Hand to hand combat: An ugly, down, and dirty kind of hand to hand fighting that mixes street fighting with boxing, and wrestling. When he hits it's to break bones, and damage internal organs. He's had enough years of experience to be considered something a kin to a brown belt in it.

Meditation: He is learning to meditate, and can do so for up to an hour, this is to delve deeper into the dark places of the world.

Linguistics: He can pick up languages quickly, becoming conversational in a few days of exposure. Disciplined study would make him nearly fluent in a few weeks.

Fine telekinetic manipulation: He's learning to not be a blunt instrument, able to manipulate simple objects like uncorking a wine bottle, or tie a knot.

Eldritch Lore: Dracon by the very nature of his new abilities he has been required to start learning about such esoteric things as sorcery, eldritch artifacts, wizards scrolls, and other magics that may be useful.

Abilities:

Super strength: Dracon is 2 times stronger than average.

Regeneration: Nicks, and scratches heal as they are made.

3x a day lacerations/broken bones takes half an hour to heal.

Damaged organs take a day to heal.

Severed limbs will grow back in a few days, or if reattached, and bound in enough time will be usable within a few hours.

Telekinesis: Can lift, and manipulate objects weighing 200 lbs (91 KG's) and fan fast ball objects weighing 50 LBS (22 KG's) up to 90 MPH(144 KM/h) 3 times a day.

Equipment/Weapons:

Iron arming sword

Iron hand and a half sword

Iron cuirass.

War kit (maintenance tools for arms, and armor; camp kit, back pack, blankets, soap, water skin)

Winter long coat

Change of cloths
    Last edited by Dracon; 12-11-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hi, thank you for being interested in Althanas.

I see you are working on this profile still.

That is absolutely fine. If you could post below when you are done, and a moderator will be with you.

Phi

Admin team
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Adventurer

EXP: 3,232, Level: 2

GP

Name
    Aribus (Dracon) Wren
    He's ready for a looksee.
    "By any stretch of the worlds view I am a monster. But sometimes, more than they want to admit, the good people of this world need a monster to do all of the things that they're too afraid, or ashamed to to themselves, to cross lines they can't, to enter the dark places they wont because they are afraid of the corruption they might be subject to. I am that monster, and I plan on being the most dangerous monster that many will meat."

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hello Dacon!

Thank you for letting me know you've got it completed.

Overall your profile looks really interesting. I really like your detailed backstory, and it sounds like the ichor could potentially be a good story hook!

In terms of your abilities currently, your strength is fine, and your healing has dinner limitations and room to grow. Your telekinesis, however, as it stands, puts you a little above the current TPL.

Could I ask you please to add a limit per day on how many more than scratches heals you can do (3 is a good standard to start with) and limit your telekinesis a bit. 190kg is a lot!

Regards
    Phi (mama phi)
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Aribus (Dracon) Wren
    I have no qualms about doing either. But for ease of aapprovalon both sides of the conversation could you define "a bit" please?
    75% ?
    50%?

Respectfully yours.
    "By any stretch of the worlds view I am a monster. But sometimes, more than they want to admit, the good people of this world need a monster to do all of the things that they're too afraid, or ashamed to to themselves, to cross lines they can't, to enter the dark places they wont because they are afraid of the corruption they might be subject to. I am that monster, and I plan on being the most dangerous monster that many will meat."

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hello!

Thank you for your quick reply.

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry, but you have 15 points to be allocated for a first level character. At the moment you are sitting just above this with your abilities.

Mainly, your telekinesis is at a very high level, at the maximum end of what we'd be looking at for a character. You could make it the main focus for your character, but would need to cut down elsewhere for TPL, or possibly cut the numbers to half for now, and give some limitations (such as it exhausts him having to lift, he can only move one object at a time).
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Aribus (Dracon) Wren
    Fixed the weights down to 200 lbs (90 kg) and added 3x a day for the fastball.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Great! Could you just add the limits to the more than scratches healing, to three a day if that's okay, and then I can look at approving you.

Is there any questions you have? Remember that Stonevale is a good place to get started.

Phi
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Aribus (Dracon) Wren
    Done

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    You are approved.

200 starting gold added.

Please enjoy your time here and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
    *admin at your service*

Characters: