Name
    Elliya Otthon

Elliya Otthon

Name: Elliya Otthon
    Race: Human
    Height: 5' 7''
    Weight: 130 lbs.

Appearance:
    Elliya is a young human woman of average height and build. Her black hair is often pulled up into a tight bun, or falls to her shoulders when let down. Her arms are strengthened from both crafting and fighting, although she hardly cuts an imposing figure. Often dressed in simple browns or greys, she has a very practical style. Her eyebrows sit a little high on her brow which, combined with her large eyes, gives her a perpetual look of slight surprise.

Personality:
    Eager to be helpful, Elliya is usually cheerful and earnest, although not above a bit of moping. Her time travelling alone has helped her mature, and she tries her best to be kind and respectful to strangers. Elliya doesn't quite know how to be intimidating or forceful, and is prone to tripping over herself in conversation.

History:
    Growing up on a farmstead, Elliya had been repairing plows and mending fences for as long as she could remember. As a child, her preternatural knack for crafting went unnoticed until she apprenticed with a local woodworker in her teen years, who quickly realized Elliya’s abilities. Working at the shop, she loved hearing people’s personal stories about even the most insignificant items they brought in for repair, and gained a real appreciation for the impact a small positive interaction can have. Seeking to bring this feeling to others, Elliya set off into the countryside, roaming alone and helping strangers whenever she could. During her travels, Elliya realized that there were signals and messages in nature that would help direct her to where she needed to go, as if there was some cosmic force for good imprinting itself in every gust of wind. Exploring her connection to this force bestowed on her the ability to manipulate light itself, a talent she is still working to understand.

Skills:
    Cooking and baking – Elliya is a better than average cook, even on the road.
    Crafting – Elliya is able to do basic crafting and repairing of her gear and household items.
    Hiking – Elliya is experienced with traveling long distances on foot.
    Shield and Mace Wielding – Elliya is proficient with a buckler and a mace and can fight with both well enough to defend herself from common bandits.
    Basic Alchemy – Elliya is able to make simple reagents required for her crafting (such as lacquer or paints for woodworking) given time and resources.

Abilities:
    Minor Divination – Elliya can read the patterns in the wind or water when conditions are right to see a direction where she might be needed. However, there is no guarantee that she will find the intended target or be able to help in any way. She can use this ability at will, although undisturbed air or water is required in order for her to be successful. In particular, Elliya needs to be able to watch the movement of dust, leaves, clouds, etc on a relatively still day. From their movements, she can get a signal of a cardinal direction in which to travel to find those who might need her help.
    Crafting Magic – Elliya can magically will small improvements to simple objects or equipment while working on them. For example, she might be able to get a jammed door hinge to loosen simply by fussing with it or a scratch in a wooden chair to slowly “heal” by rubbing oil into it. She can do this at most three times a day.
    Light Manipulation – Elliya can cause small pockets of light to have weak physical form which she can move around at a 10 meter range to apply a force on the order of a shove. (e.g. she might be able to knock someone off balance with a push to the back, or push aside a weapon to help lesson a blow.) The ability can only be used three times a day, and only in conditions with sufficient light to begin with.

Equipment:
    An iron mace
    An iron buckler
    Leather armor
    Water repelling (waxed) cloak
    A waxed satchel
    10 small glass jars and vials with wax-lined stoppers for holding ingredients
    Simple paints, glues, varnishes, grease held in the above
    Woodworking hammer and chisel
    A small camping bedroll
    A homemade wooden amulet
    A waterproof diary
    Last edited by Elliya; 01-08-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Hello there! Welcome to Althanas, new adventurer. Allow me to take a look at your profile and let you know if anything needs tweaked. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I'll get back to you on your profile soon.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Can you answer some questions on Minor Divination please? How exactly can Elliya "see" things through the wind and water? And what can she see? A clear physical image? Silhouettes? Infrared? And what is the range of the skill? How far out can she see? Any extra descriptions would be helpful.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Flamebird; 01-08-2021 at 09:40 PM.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Newcomer

EXP: 200, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 1,800
    Level completed: 10%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,800

GP

Name
    Elliya Otthon
    Thanks! I've added a clarification- she doesn't actually see visions or something, just a sense of direction. Hope that works!

Thanks again!

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    My apologies for the wait! Everything seems to be good here. Do you have any other questions or anything to add before I approve you?

You have been given your starter GP. If you have no other questions I'll approve you!
    Last edited by Flamebird; 01-12-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Felicity Playlist.

Newcomer

EXP: 200, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 1,800
    Level completed: 10%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,800

GP

Name
    Elliya Otthon
    Thanks bunches- I think I'm good to go!

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Alrighty then, you are approved! Thank you for your cooperation and welcome to Althanas!

Felicity Playlist.