Lurgen Deva
    Race
    Human

Lurgen Deva

Name: Lurgen Deva
    Race: Human
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 119 lbs

Appearance: Lurgen’s research has left him horribly blighted and disfigured, his nose has largely decayed away leaving just flesh dangling over nostrils, both ears missing, pus filled bags beneath both his eyes, and sores all over his body, glistening with various fluids. His eyes are a milky yellow, threaded with red, blue, and green veins. Lesions cover the majority of his body, with blackened or missing nails, no hair and most of Lurgen’s teeth are deformed, small fangs or outright missing.

Lurgen chooses to avoid attention whenever possible, traveling wrapped in his tattered cloak and grey shawl, hiding his bound and bandaged body, his alchemy set slung across his back. He often disguises himself to blend in, either with his standard, crude, expressionless leather mask or one uniquely crafted for the occasion. The illusion is further aided by the release of magical pheromones to cloud or pervert the senses of those nearby.

Personality: A once hopeful and charismatic youth, Lurgen now finds himself chained to selfish pursuits. Formerly craving attention, he now keeps to the shadows, preferring anonymity when possible. Plague has burned most of the kindness from him, leaving a paranoid and calculating mind.

History: Born and educated in Radasanth, Lurgen sought to make a name for himself by aiding the reinvigoration efforts in Raiaera following the necro plague. He focused his research on developing immunities to the effects of the plague. A mishap during his research left him horribly disfigured and stricken with various plagues and diseases, but somehow stable. Through further study he was able to devise methods, both magic and scientific, to harness the plague within him and conconcot a set of medicinal cocktails to counteract the worst of the effects, hiding the rest with disguises aided by pheromone magics. Unfortunately he must continue to take the potions, lest he finally succumb. In order to procure the steady supply of ingredients needed, Lurgen has turned to a life of mercenary work. Tales of the civil war in Corone have drawn him back to the continent of his birth.

Skills:
    Disguise: Years of concealing his difigurments has gifted him the ability to hide his identity as well. Through a mix of masks, body wraps, and paints he is able to blend in wherever he finds himself.
    Alchemy: Learned in the streets, from travelers, and from hedge professors in Radasanth. An eager study, Lurgen quickly developed an affinity for potions, poisons, and all things biological, constantly experimenting on anything he could get his hands on and oftentimes, himself.
    Medicine: Picked up over the years along with his study of alchemy. Lurgen relied on his basic medical skills to run a small street clinic, using the earnings to fund his alchemical research.

Abilities:
    Poison Resistance: 10% Reduction in effects - Thanks to his altered body chemistry Lurgen is slightly more resistant to the effects of poisons.
    Disease Resistance: 10% Reduction in likelihood of infection- The maelstrom of plague roiling within him makes entry for new diseases more difficult.
    Pheromone Magics: As a result of his newfound form, Lurgen can release clouds of pheromones from himself in order to influence those within three ft around him. The nearly imperceptible smells provide a subtle push toward a certain mood or mental state. Lurgen can release the cloud three times a day.
    Weaknesses:
    Feeble: 0.75x strength - Ravaged by the diseases contained in him, Lurgen’s body has been left physically weakened.

Equipment/Weapons:
    Portable Alchemy Kit: Small set of stands, flasks, various ingredients, and other tools, designed for durability and travel.
    Portable Disguise Kit: Kit with hand mirror, paints, makeups, dyes, and various wraps.
    Surgeons Kit: Bag of scalpels, syringe (not bladed), suture kit, forceps, and other small miscellanea related to dissection.
    Last edited by boy_inna_box; 01-10-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Administrator

EXP: 10,042, Level: 4
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next Level: 3,958
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,958

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Welcome to Althanas! I always enjoy seeing interesting characters.

I just have a few questions on your abilities.

For the disease and poison resistance, what is the extent of the immunities? The easiest way to go about it is by percentage.

Under Pheromone Magics, what is the extent of influence? I assume a few feet is maybe 3' radius? If not, what is a few feet? How many times can this ability be used in a thread? 3x is a good starting point.

Thanks lots!

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Lurgen Deva
    Race
    Human
    Thank you Tyr for taking the time to check out my character.

I've updated the resistances to show a 10% reduction in effects for poison and chance to be infected for diseases.
    Pheromone Magics has also had the language changed to be a 3' radius of effect and usable 3 times a day.

I appreciate the feedback and please let me know if there is anything else I need to clarify or change.

Administrator

EXP: 10,042, Level: 4
    Level completed: 21%, EXP required for next Level: 3,958
    Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,958

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the edits. Things look good to go, and again, welcome!

Have fun out there!

Approved

Starting 200 GP added