Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Amari blushed feeling him so close, and seeing his intense gaze on her. “How do you know who I -er..me am?” She stuttered. “How did we know each other?”

Breaker swirled his glass and gazed into the whirling amber liquid. “We did not know each other, strictly speaking. My mind houses many memories… some are my own. Others belong to men whose lives are long past. One of those men was your lover, in a former life.”

Jake sputtered and nearly spat out a mouthful of scotch. “Sorry,” he mumbled, wiping his mouth on his sleeve, “inhaled at the wrong moment.”

Amari felt a small pang of disappointment, hearing that Breaker himself was not the man she had supposedly known. His answer caused her to blush and she felt the need to sit back down again, rather than find a proper seat, she shifted closer to Breaker and sat on the floor in front of him to better gauge his reactions to her questions. “I don’t recall any of that. A former life? I don’t know any of this J-Joshua.” she looked down to her glass. “I don’t….know a lot of things… Jake is going to teach me… I feel so lost and clueless... “ Amari shook her head, and immediately regret it, the room seemed to spin. Still, she pushed on.

“What am I?”

“You are human,” Josh assured her, “but your soul is… of a different breed. Immortal, and extremely powerful. I’ve only crossed paths with two like you in the past. You are an Ar’Tuel, Amari, a being of pure energy residing in human form.”

Amari wasn’t sure how to take that information, she was powerful? No...that couldn’t be right, could it? She had always been weak. Maybe Joshua had the wrong person, maybe they just looked alike, acted alike, and had the same name.That made more sense, surely? Amari glanced over her shoulder at Jake, looking at him for some sort of support but he seemed to be in a sour mood. Amari cringed and looked away. Hadn’t he also said she had a lover in the past life? Was anyone even capable of loving something like her? “Is that so…” She whispered.

“Why should we believe you?” Jake demanded rather rudely, “you could have found out her name a dozen different ways. Doesn’t mean you were her past life lover or whatever.”

“Well, I could ask you both if she has a natural influence over nature,” Breaker smiled, ignoring the sharpness of the half elf’s tone, “I could do something to draw out her soul’s power. Or… I could simply tell you she has a birthmark on her lower back, where only a lover would see it.”

“I do…” Amari whispered, feeling small compared to the two men in the room. She wasn’t sure who she should believe. “I have a mark like that.” She wanted to believe Joshua because it meant she was something more… that she could be something more, but Jake… Jake said he would never lie to her, so if he was denying the fighters claims… then where did that leave her?

“So I’m either this Ar’Tuel… or a weak nobody…”

Amari shook her head again, and pushed herself off the floor, her cheeks a red hue. There was one way to settle this, she stepped away from Breaker and Jake, and turned her back on them, not realising she had spilled the last of her whiskey in the process. “Here.” She lifted up her cotton dress revealing her birthmark to the two of them. Among other things…

Adventurer

EXP: 32,526, Level: 7
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next Level: 2,474
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,474

GP

Name
    Jacob (Jake) Narmolanya
    Race
    Elf / Human
    Jake caught his breath at the sight of her pale legs and sleek black knickers. But his sharp green eyes could not miss the distinct mark on her lower back. Breaker did not appear to even be looking; apparently, he had seen it all before.

“Alright, Amari, I’ve seen it.” Jake said, looking away with a rosy hue in his cheeks. “So maybe he is right. Maybe you are… Ar’Tuel?” She dropped the material of her dress and stumbled back into a seated position between himself and Breaker. A little too close to Breaker for his liking, she was practically sitting at his feet. “But what does that mean?”

“It means,” Breaker said over the rim of his glass, “that she is an individual of great potential. And so are you, Master Portal-Maker.”

Jake nearly dropped his glass in shock. “How did you know I-”

“I can read the residual energies in your soul,” Breaker shrugged. “One of several talents I gained in my travels.” He put down his scotch. “You do desire training, don’t you?”

“I, er… yes.” Jake said awkwardly. “I want to learn from the best.”

Amari seemed to grow tired she lilted and was now resting her head against Breaker’s leg.

Jake fidgeted and intentionally looked away. The Salvic girl seemed drawn to this man like iron to a lodestone. Not that Jake cared. It wasn’t like he had feelings for her, and he wasn’t the jealous type besides. He just didn’t want Amari getting too wrapped up in someone they’d only just met. The girl had been through enough hardships without being disappointed by this Breaker. Still… the man might be worthy of their trust. It seemed he would have much to teach them both.

“Alright,” Jake said finally, looking back toward Amari and Josh. “When can we begin?”

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Name of Thread: What Could Have Been
    Judgement Type: No Judgement

Rewards:

Amari:
    4356 EXP
    418 GP

Jake Narmolanya:
    3630 EXP
    363 GP

Inclusive of Althanas Day 3x.
    Inclusive of Amari's Noble Commerce ability.

“Rummaging in our souls, we often dig up something that ought to have lain there unnoticed. ”
    ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

“I’m in a secret underground hideout of a group of monster hunters, filled with magical totems, brass monkeys that move and enough firepower to take over a small country.”
    ― Bill Blais, No Good Deed

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile