Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch smiled at the man as he spoke wise words and offered his kindness. "Indeed! The Yaga clan traces it's origins back thousands of years, and they claim that they're descended from a mythical witch named Baba. I'm grateful to meet someone so well informed." Sketch turned and look to the gates with the large amount of people moving through, "Sir Lorenor, why is there such an influx of visitors to the town do you think? Was there any trouble nearby?"

Sketch saw a family with three small children walking up to the gate, the parents were going through their packs, and evidently didn't find something they were looking for. Sketch made a quick apology to his friends and walked over to the family, "Pardon me folks, I couldn't help but notice you seemed to be traveling a little light, I brought more than I needed, and if it's not terribly rude, I was hoping you'd be able to help me lighten my load a bit."Sketch took out a few sheets of dried traveling meat, a large wrapped piece of cheese, and a loaf of bread. Sketch always packed heavy when it came to food, it was a habit of his since he was a mediocre hunter at best.

He shook the hands of the parents, glad to have done a good deed. He told the family that he was planning on telling stories at the "Whistling Pig" a tavern in town that had agreed to hire him while he stayed in town to tell stories. They were welcome to come here his tales anytime they liked. He said his good-byes and walked back over to Lorenor and Nevin, "Sorry about that, I never was one to let children go hungry if I could help it. Sir Lorenor, is there any chance we could get your assistance in entering the city? I'm afraid the trip has recently relieved me of all my supplies," Sketch laughed heartily.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin slowly raised a hairless eyebrow at Sketch and shook his head. "I've been in, friend.
    Had some business to take care of within the city. I've had my fill of the city for the moment, I need to breathe in some clean air. Things are a bit hectic within."
    Strange, he hadn't had any troubles getting into the city before. Perhaps because he'd stated he was an alchemist? No matter - he'd been in, taken care of that damnable thing for the time being, and could get some fresh air outside before having to returning into the city.

"They do assign me responsibility for helping save many lives - but is it not any would do?
    They'd done no harm to me, and I lived in the city so would I not seek to aid them?"
    Wasn't that what anyone would do? Help the people in the place where they lived? If nothing else, that would hurt his business, as the people bought from him. And Goblins were never good for customer bases.

The glowing eyes were a bit strange, true, but the man didn't seem to be honest with them. And he seemed to have knowledge of what Sketch was looking for, so that was a good thing at the very least.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Radasanth gaped out a regal skyline with a crisp blue backdrop as Garron slowly trounced upon her borders. The change from wood to building over the horizon had been a welcoming sight after the fortnight he fought through, but on the verge of troubling with how vast the capitol stood proud. He wasn’t much used to the sprawling array, as he has spent most of his life to humble tidings. Sure, Garron has been to larger cities, yes, but the shock had always been a wide-eyed experience for him. He also knew well the happenings within such a metropolis.

The stint north thru the forest proved to be lively and trying, for the uproar in activity raging north of Underwood these days tended to be challenging for him. Odd creatures known and unknown to Concordia plagued the forest drop, and the surly bandit groups nearly left Garron to pray for his life while traveling alone. There wasn’t a dull moment… Everywhere he turned there had been another challenge awaiting. It left him to move constantly on to look for help with medicines and to cure his exhaustion where it may be found as the crest of the city welcomed his arrival. Also, he hoped to find some answers as to why the unrest of the forest may be happening. People were spread wide everywhere he looked and it further unsettled him as to, by the looks of things, he wasn’t the only one finding the road difficult these days.

Garron rolled his sore shoulders forward, for the weight of his warhammer upon his back felt like an anvil tied directly to his spine. Blood trickled from multiple gashes and deep bruising were scattered over his large body, and the rhomboid birthmark gracing his right hand has been emitting a faint blue glow for days past now. Garron didn’t know much about his father’s bloodline, nor the mark he inherited from his sire, but it always seemed to glow without warning when magic or danger was abundant. Garron shook off the momentary dive into curiosity swimming around in his mind, and a silent vow to one day travel back to Salvar to dig for answers, Garron pressed on further towards an entry point.
    Last edited by Garron; 11-08-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."

Althanian

EXP: 11,761, Level: 4
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next Level: 2,239
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    Lorenor observed the war-hammer wielding individual for a moment. He noticed that the guy had several notable injuries from this or that battle. He's hurt...upon closer inspection... Lorenor thought to himself. And his first impulse was to help the man with the war-hammer. As he thought about it, Nevin and Sketch seemed to have more of a history together than they let on. That Sketch fellow seemed to be a good man, he helped out another party by offering them rations and food. Lorenor immediately liked the guy. Nevin was one of them Alchemist folks, and probably quite skilled at that. Lorenor adjusted his gauntlets for a moment or two. Then he decided to walk over towards Garron.

Upon closer inspection, he noticed that Garron was indeed injured. He walked towards the man and folded his arms across is chest. "Hey, sir, you're hurt!" Lorenor said with more emphasis than he probably intended to speak with. He knew Nevin had some healing skills from what Sketch and the alchemist had mentioned. Lorenor looked at Garron for a long moment. He seemed to be one of those warrior folks, but his eyes told Lorenor that there was more to that man than was physically obvious. Lorenor narrowed his eyes at that moment but continued to keep his attention upon Garron. "I have an ally who can help you treat your injuries, if you need some sort of help." Lorenor said calmly.

Lorenor impulsively liked helping people in need. And that was the reason he'd interacted with Garron that day. As he stood there he waited for a response from Garron. He knew Sketch, and likely Nevin would also help at that point if a potential ally was injured...he waited for Garron to speak.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Entering the city proved to be a challenge in itself. One he just wasn’t in the mood to deal with after the days he had just endured. He was hurting. Exhaustion had taken it’s toll, and his stomach was cramping for a hot meal to settle it’s own anger. Garron sure as hell didn’t want to have to deal with the several damn guard posts littered everywhere, and having to deal with the high-and-mighty mentality some of the guards wore openly upon their sleeves. Just that little bit of power over the citizens went to their heads and they wasn’t afraid to practice it religiously.

Garron fought the urge to bonk some entitled heads together and scream timber like the foresters do when cutting down trees, then watch the guards fall in the same manner just so he didn’t have to deal with them. The mental picture of the action kind of lightened his mood a bit while a snicker echoed behind tight lips. What tended to irritate Garron further was that many of the guards knew him from past visits, and the diplomatic convoys his mother often led as a Ranger, but they always enjoyed poking at him every single time, nevertheless.

Hours seemed to creep along by the time he finally made it through the last checkpoint and stagger into the square. The cities interior was bustling and full of life. It always was that way, but the feel of the atmosphere had a different tone this time around. People of all walks and trade filled the area, and a intoxicating smell of seasoned meat roasting on a spit wafting in the air tugged teasingly at his flared nostrils. His stomach tried to overtake the feet, carrying him along to where the smell originates, when the corner of his eye noticed a man approaching his flank. This took Garron aback momentarily, for strangers rarely ever approached the Alpine man if only because of the sheer size of his body. He did tend to intimidate without any intention to do so. But, if they only knew, he was more of a gentle giant that enjoyed helping people rather than a testy warrior always ready to squish heads like grapes.

As the man approached, Garron noticed that there had been a different aura about him, and his walk boasted a practiced form that only comes with a lifetime of walking the path of a warrior. Garron instantly held high respect for the man before words ever danced the air. His rhomboid birthmark also sensed something different about him, for it began to glow a bright white light of which Garron has never seen before. That baffled him… The man glows just like that too, and unknowingly to Garron, his wounds also began to slowly heal upon his approach. Viridian eyes went wide at the thought and the new development his birthmark cast. A commanding voice then met his ears, shifting attention of the eyes to cast into the interesting eyes of the man speaking. Garron has never had interactions with a man of this caliber and his mind stumbled to find a proper address to not be disrespectful to him or his station. He always tried to be curtious, respecting someones title and position. This man’s origin was lost to him, leaving the Son of Winter to stand there like a fool for a moment before he offered the man a bow of honor.

“You are kind, good sir, but there is no need to fret over my current condition. As I’m sure you know in your adventures and battles, my wounds and bruises are superficial. They will heal with time and a little cleaning. My name is Garron, and it’s an honor to meet you.” Garron said with a soft tone, tinged with a bass his voice carried. “I certainly appreciate your asking and kind nature.” He never was one to admit more serious of injury. Pride of a warrior.

Garron’s posture stiffened a bit at a thought concerning the state Concordia was in at this time, and it sent a cringe throughout his large body. “Concordia is more-so dangerous these days for traveling. Something is going on to send it’s creatures and people into a chaotic fury. I tell you, good sir, if you’re in the mood for any training, or adventure, now is a challenging time to test your mettle.”
    Last edited by Garron; 11-08-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    Lorenor carefully listened to what Garron said. Yes...perhaps it was the recent alleged destruction of The Thayne, Draconus...causing wild life and monsters to act crazy lately. He wondered if the two events were possibly connected. Lorenor sincerely considered what the man was saying. He seemed well traveled. After a moment or two passed, Lorenor nodded. "The Thayne are being hunted by certain people. Perhaps the monsters and local wild life acting up is a result of that hunt...perhaps. Though I am not completely positive that the two events are interconnected." Lorenor was aware that The Forgotten One, Pode, was slain in recent years by a hated enemy. He did not want to put a taint on the moment by thinking of such matters just then though.

"The weapon you carry..it has a marked craftsmanship." Lorenor did not recognize the blacksmith's style of the weapon itself. Only that he knew what sort of a weapon it was. Few warriors opted to wield such heavy armaments in practical battle. However, there were some who liked such weapons. Lorenor was one of them...though his favoured weapon was a blade of such nature. Lorenor noticed that Sketch and Crooked seemed to have faded off into the crowd. They probably had matters to take care of. Nevin was still resting by the tree, and Garron was standing in front of Lorenor. Lorenor looked at Garron for a short moment. "I want you to meet my friend Nevin. He is an Alchemist sort." He said to Garron. "Come with me, he is sitting by that tree over there." Lorenor pointed towards Nevin, who indeed was sitting by a nearby tree.

Lorenor decided to begin walking towards Nevin with Garron shortly behind. "Nevin...I trust that you have rested well enough? Where did the others go?" Lorenor had to know what had happened to Sketch and everybody else...it was all right. Our paths will cross again at some point...Thaynes willing. Lorenor looked at Nevin and then towards Garron.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin slowly tilted his head back and blinked once, then twice, as the two men approached him. He didn't know when, but he had apparently drifted off for a bit without realizing it while they were talking. He blamed it on the warm sun shining down as he cast his gaze around then shrugged one shoulder. The alchemist stood up, brushing his trousers off, and gave a slight bow to the stranger, a greeting. "I'm not particularly sure about where Sketch ran off to. I think he mentioned something about needing to investigate a shape he saw in the distance, then he was gone. I doubt he will return any time soon." Then Nevin looked to the stranger, who looked like he had seen better days - not recently, but he had.

"Looks like something put you through a bit of a wringer, good sir." He frowned and drummed his fingers against his leg for a moment before looking through his bags. He thought that he had - ah, yes, there it was. He pulled out two things from the bag - a small clay jar, and a thick vial that looked metallic - and battered. The man tossed them over to the stranger. "Free of charge. The vial is a serum that will stimulate blood production - it looks like you've lost a fair little bit." Even now, Nevin could hear it singing to him, begging to have its potential utilized. He shoved that aside - none here knew of his magic, and he intended to keep it that way.

"The jar has a paste that will help bind up your cuts. Simply rub it in and it should help with the clotting. I say should for both of those - assuming that you are human, those are the intended results. And that you aren't allergic to one of the ingredients in either." With that thought - Nevin began digging back into his bag again, an intense frown on his face. He hadn't considered that this man might be allergic to one of the ingredients at first. Did he have anything to counter an allergic reaction on him at the moment? Did he - yes, yes he did.

He pulled out a syringe from his bag, then began popping open pouches on his belt until he found a small cloth-wrapped bundle. He didn't open up the wrapped needles - he didn't intend to do so unless this stranger actually had a negative reaction. But - he would be ready if that rather unfortunate circumstance did develop.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    Lorenor and Garron approached Nevin.

Lorenor kept a half-pace away form Nevin as the fellow worked. I admire those Medic types...never could get my own healing power working correct. I still must train that aspect of my power. Lorenor thought to himself as he saw Nevin taking care of Garron. There were many thoughts passing through his ancient mind. First and foremost, he was glad that he'd gone out that day to meet Sketch, Nevin and Garron. It was a relatively good outing after all.

Lorenor adjust his armour as he stood there, carefully trying to keep his mind busy.

Normally speaking, Lorenor would oft be by the old ruins that were plentiful on the countryside of Corone herself. He didn't like noisy cities for that main reason alone. He oft found it difficult to concentrate on matters and hear The Holy Light communing with him adequately. But that day, in front of Nevin and Garron, he could hear the calm voice within The Holy Light...The Holy Light itself. Lorenor narrowed his eyes as he observed Nevin's work. He is quite skilled... And nodded a she thought that. Carefully considering his next move he thought about what Garron had told him. Something is working up the local monsters in Concordia Forest. It could be a lot of things...perhaps...

Lorenor considered those matters. When monsters and beasts were becoming a threat...usually something else was making them that way. Cycles of violence, war, destruction. Lorenor looked towards the nearby trees of Concordia Forest, and then back towards Garron and Nevin. "When you two are done, I propose we go seek out dinner." Lorenor said out loud. He was anxious to leave the high-traffic area of the front gates of Radasanth proper. He adjusted his gauntlets one more time, and then started to think about what would be his next move...

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    The city life never appealed much to Garron. Too much fuss and bustling running rampant within such a metropolis. It drove him crazy but this day run a different coarse. Meeting this fellow with the aura of light, close to the odd bright light blazing from his own rhomboid birthmark set upon his wrist in this mans presence. This new observance startled him still. Never has it burned the pure color, nor has he ever had any benefiting factor come in to play concerning the slow healing he was now unknowingly experiencing. His mind was left to wonder at the time as wounds mended at a prolonged rate. Kind, was this man whom hasn’t mentioned his name, but certainly appreciated his uncommon gesture of benevolence. Garron certainly felt a calming presence around him as the introductions played out. Again, he painfully rolled his shoulders under the weight of his weapon while interacting with the man of light.

“My knowledge knew not of Thane being killed, kind Sir,” Garron said with a tinge of concern, for he too has felt a recent shift of power awaken within himself. “That certainly would be an excruciating fact of reality of why both creatures and people are in such a uproar.”

The large man shifted again at the thought, and turned to the man of light after the question of the craftsmanship of his warhammer come in his ears. “The armorer isn’t well known around the region, for he isn’t one for publicity,” Garron said with a bit of pride and honor in his voice. “The man that hammered out this creation is a dwarf named Torgrin from the mountains in the west. A man that I see as a father figure, and the best friend of my mother Nuana, a Ranger. I know nought of my birth father, outside of little things my mother, Torgrin or my travels have enlightened me on. Circumstance on both my parents side. I will one day return to Salvar north to learn more of the man that I inherited many questions upon my own existence and ability.”

Not long had passed before Garron had been drawn towards a man relaxing in red near an intrepid tree shading the immediate area. Nevin and alchemist come into earshot, and Garron offered a welcome of meeting someone new. After hearing Nevin speak of his battered state, he went on to say, “Good day to you, sir," he said with a kind smile and bow of the head. “Indeed, Concordia is quite active these days.” A shock settled surprisingly over him by this strangers kindness after he too offered a great gesture of help by way of alchemy. “I certainly appreciate your help, and I will not forget this. My name is Garron, and it is a pleasure to meet you.”

Tired eyes widened greatly at the mention of a meal, and he turned his head toward the direction of where the savory aromas were meandering from…

Althanian

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    Lorenor decided that he'd best offer the beef and meats he'd been rationing for some time now.

He was a fair games-hunter on occasion when the moment provided need for such. Lorenor considered the injured state of Garron, and everything he'd just learned. "Salvar." The old man repeated carefully, his eyes went distant for a brief moment as he thought about his past. He'd been to Salvar before on many an adventure, and even had license to practice the arcane arts there. The Hammer is Dwarven craftsmanship...I should have known... He mentally took note of the blacksmith that Garron mentioned.

Torgrin is a fairly interesting Dwarf-name. I've only met a few personally...but they've been agreeable fellows. Good mead drinkers... Lorenor thought back for a long moment as he attempted to remember anyone named Torgrin in his adventures. "The man certainly likes secrecy for I have not heard of the fellow." Lorenor explained. "Rangers are good folks...a little bit strange at times. But good folks nonetheless." Lorenor rubbed his chin as he looked at Nevin and Garron. "I have rations I can spare in case you fellows don't want to go back into the city. I personally don't care for the noise either." The old Paladin said calmly. He hunted boar and other such small game and monsters from time to time. More out of raw habit than anything else...he didn't need to actually eat or sleep.

The man waited to hear what Nevin and Garron would say at that point. He looked at Garron one more time. "I've been to Salvar a few times in my...life."