Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,596

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human

November Event - Open Season

As the October event comes to a close tonight, a new event opens itself up. This time, its Open Season.

Open Season - November Event

When: November 14th @ 12:00am - December10th @ 11:59PM
    Where: Everywhere
    What: Hunting Threads

Wait...what?

Yes, Hunting Threads. You heard it right. This means any thread where you and your character take down a beastie (or human, they are the most dangerous game afterall). You can do this solo, but it's never safe to go alone. What if some white haired assassin mistakes you for a passing Gorian'fel and lobs an arrow into your cranium? That'd be a bummer. So, to urge you guys to promote strength in numbers, group threads will get an even bigger payout! (Hint: Might be a good time to hunt down some rare materials. *wink wink*)

Now, to the rewards and how to get them. Pay attention, because this is the only way you'll get your payout. Fail to follow the rules, and you fail to get the loot. Easy-peasy!

How:

• Start & complete a thread in any region during the event. The topic must involve hunting something-- human, animal, golem... It must be animate, not an object or information.
    • When you submit the thread for judgement, use the text box to tell us:
      What did you hunt?
      How many people in your party?
      Did you kill it or catch it?
      What IC rewards did you want?
    • Wait for your loot!

Simple.

Now, what were the rewards again?

For starting and completing a thread qualifying for this event, solo players will earn 1.5 times the EXP & GP!
    If you do it in a group of two or three, EXP is still 1.5 times, but the GP bonus then becomes double!
    If you do it in a group of four or more, the EXP is double and the GP is triple!

Remember, if you're chasing rare material, the rewards you earn in thread go toward that material to balance out your overall rewards. So, now is the perfect time to hunt some special crafting material or legendary items!

Please use this thread for any questions or concerns. Rewards may be held back or downscaled at staff discretion for abuse or "gaming" the event. (Post spamming, low word count threads, etc.)

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Chelley
    Race
    Alaskan
    Important for me since my time zone is so far removed from the majority of the rest of the board: Is that 11:59pm Eastern or can it be local (11:59p eastern is 7:59p for me)?

Administrator

EXP: 87,404, Level: 12
    Level completed: 81%, EXP required for next Level: 2,596

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    Eastern, to keep it flat across the board. I, personally, am in Mountain standard time. So, 9:59PM for me.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Chelley
    Race
    Alaskan
    I figured as much, but wanted to be sure as such confusion have been cause for contention at times. Thank you!

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Question:
    If we do it with two of our own characters (or more) will that count for the more than one bonuses? I realise it is only one writer so it might not.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    How much does a person have to participate in order to count towards the group? Like, if I write a solo but two other people do 2-post cameos in it, would we get the reward buff for a group of three?

Administrator

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    If all parties are being honest, yes. But we can adjust overall rewards if we deem the participation inadequate or "just for the boost".

Administrator

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    Quote Originally Posted by Stare View Post
    Question:
    If we do it with two of our own characters (or more) will that count for the more than one bonuses? I realise it is only one writer so it might not.
    If it is two or more of your own characters, that technically falls under the rules. So, yes. Personally, I'd like to see players reaching out to others to collaborate, but a thread filled with alts would also qualify.