Lorenor found himself crawling through The Brokenthorn Forest, until he finally made his way to Stonevale.

He was badly injured from that last encounter...

I see lights up ahead...maybe a town...I just got to keep moving... Luckily for Lorenor, not many living creatures had a craving for the black blood of The Undead. He crawled through a clearing at that point and made his way to the bare outskirts of Stonevale proper. He had a rough time accepting that he'd lost a battle in such a way..but his opponent had been a superior one. Damn...I can't believe I lost... He crawled through the dirt and underbrush and finally saw the first few buildings ahead. There were some workers gathering grain and herbs from the field who spotted Lorenor first. At that same point, he passed as he began to hear panicked cries and Stonevale's alarm being raised.

When Lorenor awoke next, many days later, he found himself in a solitary cell.

A guard was looking right at him. "So...you're awake." The Guard said carefully.

Lorenor merely nodded. He'd been a prisoner before...the last time was for The Ixian Knights. He figured it would not be the last time such an event would happen to him. Lorenor finally focused and looked at The Guard for a long moment. "I take it you have spared me for a reason." Lorenor cut right to the chase.

"You met The Black Knight didn't you?" The Guard asked calmly.

"Difficult to say. I only know the man I fought was unusually strong. Was on my way to this city when he attacked...was an ambush really. Like he knew exactly where I'd be." Lorenor said calmly.

"You mentioned you were on your way to here, to Stonevale." The Guard added. "Normally...your kind is not welcome 'round these parts. But we have been employing a warrior from The Tular Plains of late to take care of a problem for us." The Guard said.

"...A Demon you mean." Lorenor said.

"...Yes. We need warriors of considerable strength to deal with a problem in our mountain range." The Guard rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "However...you seemed the fighting sort. You seem stronger than the grunts we usually find. What business did you have in Stonevale?"

"I have come to train. And perhaps assist your local militia by volunteering my services." Lorenor said honestly.

"We do need to bolster our ranks." The Guard leaned in closer towards Lorenor. "Your eyes...they have a glow. But you seem sad somehow."

Lorenor looked away for a moment. "...Perhaps." He continued. "I have been fighting for a long time...I'm probably just a little tired."

"You fought The Black Knight and lived." The Guard added. "That means a lot to me, especially from a potential volunteer."

Lorenor nodded, behind the bars. He did not attempt to resist or fight...none of this was the fault of the townsfolk. I've been fighting for a long time...he has no idea. Lorenor thought to himself.

"There is one question I have before I order your release." The Guard said. "You have The Black Blood...are you Undead?"

Lorenor hesitated for a moment. But they clearly must have seen him in his brutally injured state...he'd been beaten nearly to true death. "I am Undead." Lorenor said with some visible sadness. "But I do not pose a threat to you or the town."

"That remains to be seen. But I see a sort of hope with you...if you can defeat The Black Knight...I will give you a full pardon."