Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod

By the time they figure out what went wrong, we'll be sitting on a beach earning...

((Contains mature language. Closed to Finsou Von Fishsiris and Storm Motheroftruth))

“Will this dining room be to your liking, Master Breaker?” The Lyridian innkeeper rubbed her palms together nervously and tugged at a loose thread splintering from her otherwise neat sifan blouse. Even in the floating city above Lornius proper where the wealthiest xenophobes lived, it was rare for an innkeeper to make good enough coin to afford sifan. Josh had selected The Russet Apple for that exact reason. He hadn’t seen his friend Shinsou Vaan Osiris in some time, and wanted them to enjoy a good, peaceful meal together with no hijinks or tomfoolery, or Thayneslaying or syndicate dismantling. Just a nice hot meal with some top-shelf whisky and good conversation.

“Hmm,” Breaker said, pacing around the room, his metal boots ringing on the polished wood floor. He examined the intricately carved and sanded tables and chairs, sniffed at the artwork on the wall depicting flowers and landscapes, and ran a finger along the mantle as if checking for dust.

“This will suffice,” he said at last, “but only for half of your regular asking price. I’m only having one guest, after all, hardly a full party. And you didn’t exactly break your back cleaning the place.” He rubbed his finger and thumb together as if scattering dust. “Besides, I’d think that my patronage would be a boon in itself. How often does a Thayneslayer grace one of your tables?”

The innkeeper took a deep breath that swelled her already generous bosom. She smoothed her sifan shirt over a slightly rotund belly and nodded nervously.

“It is certainly an honor to have you and Vaan Osiris grace our tables. Very well, I accept your offer, on the condition that when you return to experience our excellent service again, you will pay full price. And that you’ll tell all your well-to-do friends that The Russet Apple is the finest establishment in all of Lornius.”

“You have my word,” Josh said, a twinkle shining in his eyes. The red embers of a dying sun limped through the beige shade on the window, coloring the Y-shaped scars on his cheeks. “Please send Shinsou up here when he arrives. In the meantime… I’ll take a glass of Yurik’s Firewhisky, over ice please. And… what was that special appetizer I saw listed on the menu?”

“Mushrooms on the half-cap, sir. We just got a shipment of fresh shrooms from Dheathain, and battered and fried they make for quite an amuse-bouche. Shall I send up an order?”

“Make it two,” Josh said, “I’m feeling peckish.” The demigod turned to look out the second story window at the setting sun. He could not wait to relax in the ambience of good company and conversation.
    Last edited by Breaker; 12-20-2017 at 08:14 AM.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."