Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow

A Thing For Blood (Closed to Amari)

Use of language and moderate mature content.
    I bared my teeth in a savage grin behind my mask. Sweet, sweet blood dripped from the Saw-Spear, falling to the loamy soil beneath my feet. This country that I had been brought to, and freed into, by Phimomel - who had been conflicted as the weather in a mage convention when last I saw her - was wild, untamed. Which meant - full of Beasts to hunt. I was in the middle of one such hunt now, close to the border between two nations - I'd lost track of which side I was on, just that there was snow, and it was rather cold. But that was far from the reason for the sadistic urges that were currently spiking through me, pushing me on to hurt and to draw more blood.

I'd been hired, by a very, very nervous man, to hunt down a pack of dire wolves that were threatening the small village he lived in. This was quite fortuitous for me, because I could use the beasts’ hides to craft winter clothes to protect against the bitter chill of the biting winds. So I had set off, on the prowl - with a warning that there was a woman to be very, very careful somewhere nearby. I dismissed that though - she was not my prey, so I would ignore her.

Which lead me to now. Blood dripping from my clothes, from my blade, staining the earth around me. The pack still circled around me - three of their brethren had fallen to me, but there were still five of the beasts stalking around me. Warier now, because they knew I wasn't normal, moved faster, hit harder than their usual victims. That was fine by me. With each that fell the others grew more enraged, and I knew that they would not be able to bring themselves to flee. No, we were here, locked in a battle to the death - mine, or the death of the pack.

Green-tinted saliva dripped from snarling fangs. Dire wolves - about half as large as a horse, easily as intelligent as smart, well trained warhounds, and with a venomous bite that would cause necrosis after a few minutes. Being bit even once would take me down for nearly a day, assuming I managed to survive. Others might have encouraged someone in this situation to have sought back up, but no. I did not need others in a hunt like this. All I needed was myself, and my Saw-Spear.

“Come then, little wolves. You are my prey, and I, your hunter. Let us dance, shall we?” I knew the animals couldn't understand me, but they could understand my tone, mocking and taunting them. I slowly palmed one of my iron spikes, letting it rest in my hand like a very, very short dagger. There - a sound of movement to my right and slightly behind. A half turn - one of the wolves was charging me. It leapt - and my hand holding the spike lashed out, driving the hand-length iron spike up, up through the lower jaw. With a slight squelch and a click, the dire wolf’s mouth was snapped shut - and the last inch or so of its tongue was shorn off.

I pushed up, throwing the injured wolf off to one side. It was whimpering and howling, the noises muffled as its paws frantically scratched at the spike, trying to rip it out. It would succeed, eventually, but it would tear up the flesh under its jaw in the process. Good, another one down. I would finish it off later, if it didn't die from its own venom in the mean time. So, four left. I slowly looked around at them. Hah, they were still wary, circling. Ignoring their fallen pack member. Not that they could help it.

There was a growl from one of the smaller ones, and it rushed at me. It had apparently learned from its comrade’s fate, because it shot across the ground, not trying to jump up. No matter. I dropped down into a low crouch and sprang forward, swinging my folded blade in a sharp motion. The wolf let out a howl as the blade sank into its flesh, ripping away a chunk. The beast landed heavily, then sprang for me again. I managed to avoid the flashing teeth, but one long, sharp claw sliced across my stomach. I snarled.

You think you can hurt me and get away with it? No. I think not, beast. I shifted my grip, and the Saw-Spear clicked and swung out to full extension. The dire wolf was caught off guard as the blade suddenly shot into it, stabbing and twisting. It let out another loud howl of pain as I twisted and tore, yanking the blade out, creating a large gash in its side. It staggered, trying to recover - but I didn't give it the chance. I leapt forward, driving the jagged teeth of my blade into its back - severing its spine. The wolf’s rear legs collapsed - and I let out a grin as I swung around, clicking the blade shut so I could deliver faster, shorter strikes to the wounded wolf. It's howls of anguish continued for a few agonizing moments - and then the Saw-Spear slammed, tore, plunged into its neck, and with a muffled whine, the beast collapsed, dead.

I ripped my weapon out in a shower of blood, my chest heaving as my lungs seized the oxygen they needed. Three left. Good, good. Three left - but then I would be out. How best then, to slaughter these dumb beasts? I snarled a challenge at them - and another rushed me, leaping up into the air. Bah, have you not learned?

I threw myself into a roll, stabbing upwards and ripping through. The wolf landed heavily, and for a moment everything seemed alright - and then there was a wet squelch, and its belly opened. It let out a confused whimper and took a step forward - then its and organs began spilling out, falling to the ground in wet plops and heavy slaps. I grind viciously as the beast fell to the ground behind me.

Two left. And now, now they were hesitant. I flicked my blade, sweeping a bit of the blood off. I was coated in the viscous red fluid, but I - I didn't mind. I relished this. My coal-black skin was stained red, my clothes shone and glinted - and it was glorious. I reveled in it, this, this was where I released my sadistic side. I gripped the oak haft of the Saw-Spear in both hands and crouched.

They came at me together, howling and snapping their jaws. I moved, spinning to the side, rolling and spinning, my coat spinning up and out, obscuring me from clear view. But my being blocked from sight didn't block mine. My blade shot out, smashing into the side of one of them sending it to the side. I let the rebound carry me around, clicking and shifting the Saw-Spear, the folded blade ripping and tearing along the wolf’s side. Hot blood rushed over me as the wolf collapsed. I ignored it. The wolf I had smacked was getting up again - or at least it thought it was. I charged forward, and leapt into the air.

For a moment I hung there - and then I stabbed down, piercing and pinning the wolf’s head to the ground. I ripped the blade down, splitting the skull nearly in half. Into the gory mess that was the remains of its head, I clicked my blade back to full extension, and stabbed back in, the blade’s jagged teeth ripping through flesh from the inside. It was fantastic, glorious, and I tore the blade out, showering my frame in blood once more.

I tilted my head back and smiled, viciously, beneath my mask. I would skin the bodies later, for now, I would relish the blood covering me. It was fantastic.
    Last edited by Philomel; 12-27-2017 at 02:52 AM.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    The inner sanctum proved to be boring and Scarlet needed to get out. Just for a little while...she’d stretch her legs. Nothing more, nothing less.

She found herself in the forests that surrounded the Inner Sanctum; heading toward the nearest town.
    She expected beasts, she expected cold and trees and quiet.

What she didn’t expect was to watch a man tear into a group of wolves.

Amari grimaced at the scene, did the guy literally explode the beasts? Blood dripped from his heaving shoulders. She couldn’t see his eyes. But even his white hair was slicked back, thick with ichor.

“Tad excessive don't you think?” She asked as she approached him from behind. “I mean. They probably didn't put up much of a fight eh?”

Her concern wasn't with the man, or how he had happened to get so close to the compound but it was a bother to have an intruder in the forest so close to the Seventh Sanctum. Sure she could let him run rampant and the night terrors would make short work of him, but she was bored.

“Any reason you're in these parts?”

She found herself staring at a jagged, pointed metre-long chunk of metal. Sharp, barbed teeth lined to sides, replacing normal blades. The Damascus weapon dripped blood, much like the oiled cloths that the - black skinned man? Ah, a Drow wore.

“I - am here, because my prey was here.” The blade snapped back, folding up as silver eyes shifted and peered out from behind dark glasses.

Her eyes flicked back to the wolves, whose carcasses literally were ripped open. He had quite the field day. “Prey?” She eyed his weapon which whilst at his side, still twitched. He was ready to strike her down. Scarlet inwardly scoffed. He could try. “Your prey looks a little boring to me, but if you’re done with it - mind if I use the carcass?”

“Dire wolves are smarter than normal ones, but still not truly dangerous.” He snorted. “They bleed well though. I am the Huntsman, and they were threatening some village or another. You may have the carcasses, I need the hide from two or three to make a cloak against the winter.”

Ahh...Scarlet forgot others could feel the cold. She glanced down at her own attire. A flimsy red dress, a baggy one at that. The wind would tear right through it and chill a normal person. She placed her fingers in her mouth and gave a sharp whistle. A few seconds passed before a flock of ravens came fluttering down. Scarlet pointed to the wolves and they started tearing at the flesh. Sure, her ravens would have made short work of it without her but at least this way they’d perhaps start trusting her again. Instead of being so damn distant.

Leaking literal death did have its setbacks.

The woman folded her arms over her chest as she approached the hunter. Her boots crunched in the thickly padded snow. “Wandered a little far, nearest village is a good few hours away. Shouldn’t you head back and get your reward now?” She cocked her head, “Or are you one of those who hunt for the pure - I dunno, thrill of it?”

“I hunt, to hunt. So, in your terms, I suppose yes, the latter. I hunt for my own reasons, but they drive me to hunt nonetheless.” As her crows ripped into one of the wolves, he moved to the other bodies, and began ripping the hide away, flaying the dead beast with practiced motions.

Scarlet was assessing him. His worth. His words were spoken in an odd tone of voice, it wavered, almost as though he was teetering on the edge of a calm stoic demeanor and absolute blood fuelled lust. Whoever this man was, this ‘hunter’ he clearly enjoyed it a little too much. Not that Scarlet had a problem with that.

“I’m bored.” She said and before he could respond she continued. “Want something more entertaining to hunt?” He paused, blade buried in the flesh of one of the wolves. With a wet squelch he ripped the blade free, and turned to look at her.

“And what might that be?” His hand flexed around the haft of his weapon.

She grinned. “Me.” She lifted her open palm up to him to stop him from questioning her. “You hunt me, you fight me. You kill me and…” She shrugged. “You win. Salvar is my domain and bringing anyone my head would net you a constant flow of work. If you fail to do so by nightfall - than you will die.” Scarlet lowered her hand. “You aren’t from around here, you don’t know what emerges from the night. Beasts that you wouldn’t be able to slay with a physical weapon. Hows about it?”

To her, it was a win/wn. If he did find her and succeed he’d prove to be of some worth. Hell, maybe. Just maybe she’d fucking stay dead. Wouldn’t that be a riot? If he lost then she’d slink away from the forest and let him die.

He blinked, staring at her for a long moment. “You wish me to kill you? Not just some sort of masochistic play, but you actually, legitimately wish me to kill you?” Disbelief.

“What, you have some sort of moral issue with that? If so then perhaps we’re done here.” She paused, and sighed. “Masochistic? Perhaps - but I’m not lookin’ to get all hot and heavy. I got better things to do and to prove. What kind of useless hunter can’t kill his mark?”

“Oh thank God.” He shook his head. “No, if you wish me to kill you that is fine. I have no issue whatsoever with it. I've just had - well. People seem to think that sex should be a focus. So then. When shall this hunt begin?” He tilted his head to the side.

“Sit tight, give me ten minutes - then go nuts.” She waved her arm around dismissively. “Do whatever your little sadistic heart wants. Give a fuck.” Scarlet took two steps back, and gave the man a salute. Before she turned and walked, quite literally walked away from him into the thicket. She wasn’t too concerned.

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I drummed my fingers against the haft of the Saw-Spear as I finished counting down the minutes. This was quite possibly one of the weirdest hunts I had ever heard of. Not only was I actively hunting a human being - this weird, black leaking woman had quite literally demanded I do it herself. And it only a ten minute count down - unless she was some kind of master - mistress- woodsman, this would barely last longer than her countdown had.

No matter. I would find her, and I would make her bleed before killing her. I had no qualms whatsoever about doing this - she wanted to die, and I would oblige her -

There. Ten minutes past. I immediately shot into the trees, swinging up into the tree branches, iron spikes sliding into my hand as I began scanning the foliage for signs of broken branches, scuffed leaves, to see her trai- are you quite serious. She - did she do this on purpose? Not care if she died? Was this some kind of trap? Because this was a clear as Goddamn day trail.

Rot and decay started a few feet into the treeline. Not immediately obvious from where I had been, but a clear trail nonetheless leading in the direction she had walked into the trees. I narrowed my eyes and began flitting through the treetops, leaping and swinging as I followed the path of devastation. There was no way it was this easy, I would have to double back and find her real trail soon, but I was curious as to what had caused this destruction. I would investigate it, then go and find her. I had plenty of time.

Ahead, there was a large tree in the middle of a clearing. I saw the trail of decay leading to it but none continued on behind it. Some kind of demented treant, stealing the vitality from the plant life it passed across? I shifted around in a circle, examining the tree from -

Are. You. Quite. Serious?

The redhead woman was perched in the tree, chewing nonchalantly on an apple in one hand. It as almost as if she didn't care whether or not she was found - not if she left this kind of clear as fucking day trail. Fine. She had apparently chosen suicide by Huntsman, and I would oblige her. I tensed my arm - then launched spikes at her, the six inch long skewers of metal piercing the air as they shot for her.

I was only a few paces behind, the Saw-Spear folded up as I skimmed along the ground.

She laughed as she threw the apple down to my feet then swiftly moved away, swinging back from the branch then using the momentum to launch herself into the snow. Fuck. She moved faster than the average human. “What, you think it were that easy?” She taunted. “I may want to die, but I did offer a hunt didn’t I? Wouldn’t this be boring?” She asked as she jumped backward, a tad encumbered by the snow. It was clear that despite her taunts I had the upper hand. I didn't bother wasting my breath on words - here, now, she was prey.

I crouched - and sprang. She might be faster than she should be, but I was stronger than I should be as well. I couldn't maintain long range running, but for explosive bursts of motion I had a definite affinity. I landed, and she was already moving away, keeping out of the two foot range of my Saw-Spear. Too bad, dead girl.

She lowered her body, bracing herself. I leapt, blade snapping out to full extension as I twisted myself into a spiral in the air, jagged edge of the Saw-Spear leading the way. Then, fucking two giant snakes made of red light and black crackling lightning appeared behind her back. Fuck. I drove the blade into the ground, nearly snapping my arm from my socket as I arrested my momentum. The snakes shot through the air where I would have been - but I was already on the move, shooting to her side. To distract her and give her something else to worry about, I ripped some of the oak stakes on my vest out and hurled the sharp skewers of wood at her.

Thunk

One of them landed directly into her torso just above her collarbone. I had landed one blow and she was bleeding. She didn’t seem bothered by it at all. She ripped it out and it turned to dust in her hands. Just what the fuck was she?

But fine. I had two more oak spikes, and three more metal ones. I spun in a low, tight circle, foot skimming the ground and kicking up a flurry of snow into the air. I want relying on my sight now - but on memory. I was barely out of the spin when I smashed my foot down and launched myself at her again. I had to close in - my skewers didn't have the punching power to take this twisted thing down. I needed to get close enough for the saw spear.

I was close enough to see her blackened eyes wide, she gave me a twisted grin as she lifted her foot back and kicked a pile of snow into my direction. I snarled as I wiped my face clean.

She had run. Her footsteps leading back into the thicket of the forest. Deep red splotches of blood dotted the snow behind her. I took off in hot pursuit, taking to the trees again to stay out of the snow which would slow both of us down.

Several metres ahead she was there, again. Something didn’t seem right. She was hunched over and black bile like substance leaked from her mouth. She was heaving, throwing it up into the snow. It hissed and melted away at the black liquids touch.

There was no hesitation as I plunged from the treeline. The Saw-Spear aimed downwards - if she didn't move, my blade would replace her spine. I was already tensing, ready to swing when she dodged.

She glanced up and her eyes narrowed, she darted out the way, but not fast enough, the blade plunged into her lung, and then the fall and my weight tore through one side of her body. She blinked, eyes narrowed at me, as I twisted and tore my blade through her legs - I was taking no chances here, she'd already proven to be a tough foe.

A strained laugh warbled through her choking and strained breathing. She reached up with blood soaked hands to clasp my cheeks. She looked as though she had tried to say something but her eyes were already glassy. I narrowed my eyes, and brought the saw spear up - and plunged it into her chest. I was going to make sure this damn woman was dead. Never mind that one of her lungs was literally exposed to the air, that her legs were shredded.

Her arms fell limp at her sides and the only thing keeping her body upright was my saw-spear. She was like a bloodied rag doll. I gripped the haft of my weapon in both hands and tore it upwards, bisecting the woman’s torso. As viscera landed in the now around me, I stepped back, wiping my face down. What an odd gesture, why had she touched me there?

I looked down at the half - bisected body. I clicked my blade back into its reserved state. I would have to hack her apart and scatter the limbs - she might have been okay with it, but others tended to frown on the death of sentients. Wai - my eyes narrowed. Had she been pregnant? I knew hormones could do insane things to the female body during pregnancy, but becoming suicidal was a new one to me.

There was a sudden thickness to the air. If it wasn’t already so fucking cold I’d notice that it had gotten colder. Then from her corpse came a crackling noise like a spitting fire. I took a two back, bringing the Saw-Spear up into a guard position. Then without warning her corpse fucking exploded with light. I shielded my eyes rubbing them.

What in the name of everloving hell was going on here.

As my eyes adjusted I saw her. Alive. Clothes torn and ripped to shreds, blood covered her body but she….was alive. She didn’t look too happy about it either. I had to agree with the expression on her face.

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Please just stay dead, let me stay dead this once. I can feel my fucking body being torn apart let this be enough.

It wasn’t enough.

Scarlet sighed as she pushed herself up out of the snow gingerly. “Ugh…”

“Are you fucking serious.” There was a hard and angry edge in his voice, disgust - and interest? Perhaps.

“Yeh…” Amari grumbled as she tried to rub her own blood out of her face but to no avail. Her eyes stang and she struggled to focus on the black clad man. “The joys of being an immortal I guess. Still.” She straightened, wincing. “A deals a deal. Frankly I just wanted to see if you’d do it, and how. I thought, if I let you give a little chase it’d get that adrenaline pumping.” She sounded tired, annoyed. The confident and stoic woman from before had been replaced with one who was just fed up with everything around her.

Scarlet reached a hand out to the Huntsman. “Call me Scarlet. I assume I’ll keep calling you Hunter?” He stared at her for a moment then clicked the weapon he was using back, folded in half, then tucked it under his coat. Then he took her hand, shaking it with a grasp that was just a little too firm. In fact, she felt her bones crack under the pressure, before he pulled his hand back with a snort.

“Hunter, or the Huntsman. Either are applicable, Scarlet.”

“Fuckin’ rough much…” She muttered as she rubbed her hand. “Look. I dunno who the fuck you met before me, frankly I don’t give a damn - but I don’t want you getting the wrong idea. I’m interested in your abilities. Nothing more.”

“Excellent. News.” He wiped himself down, swiping away - her blood, and the blood of the wolves. It stained the snow around him red, as the treated clothes he wore shed the blood with ease. He removed one glove, then took off his hat and ran one hand through his short white hair. The hat came back down, and he adjusted his collar. Then he turned his head to her. “So then. Who, or what, do you need killed?”

“Oh I could give you a list a mile long. The people I hate; Vincent, Phi, Shnsou...Jake.. ah… rather….” She paused. There… were a lot of people she hated, people she didn’t get along with and people she wanted dead. She furrowed her brows. Who DIDN’T she want dead? Lye...Madison… Zero possibly, then again he had become nothing more than a whiny pup running after Advencia.

Fuck.

Did she have anyone anymore?

She would have been better off not reviving.

“Phi… As in, Philomel?”

“Hmm?” His words snapped Scarlet out of her internal monologue. “What? I guess. Why? She a fuck buddy o’ yours? Cause as long as she leaves me and the Seventh Sanctum alone she can go along sailing the seas and screwing herself across Althanas for all I care.” He let out a loud snort.

“I have no ‘fuck buddies’ as you put it. That particular woman is responsible for me my not being in Alerar.” Others would have sounded angry at this, but he just sounded ambivalent.

Scarlet shrugged. She wasn’t going to ask him about his personal life. “Not my problem, but if we have a common enemy that may work in my favor at some point.” He simply shrugged one shoulder at her words.

“Come on, I ain’t taking you to the compound. We’ll make for this village of yours first. Get your bounty, what have you - and we’ll organise some form of semi-working business relationship. Shall we?”

“I believe that will be the best course of action, yes. Hmm. Perhaps I should take the heads of the wolves back to the town.” He turned and began trudging back towards the corpses - somehow remembering the exact direction to them.

Scarlet followed him, pulling the broken thread sof her clothes together. A lot of her skin was exposed. Thick black lines streaked across milky white. She waited patiently whilst he finished flaying the beasts.

The two barely said a word to each other. There was nothing to say.

Then, they headed to town. Two emotionally inept people it seemed. This may be an issue. It didn’t make Scarlet uncomfortable but it would get quite boring quite quickly.

All she wanted… was something to make her feel alive again, instead she found herself just following this arbitrary path set out for her. Find a strong ally, coerce them to her plight. Move onto the next, rinse and repeat.

“What the fuck am I doing…” She mumbled to herself.

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    “Walking.” I couldn't help it. The wolf hides and heads were in a bundle on my back, and we had been walking through the woods for a short while now. Not one, but two completed hunts left me feeling mentally satisfied, and I was relaxing as my body cooled from its adrenaline and blood-fuelled state. So when the woman beside me spoke, I could not help but reply, even though I well knew that she had not been talking to me.

“Smart-ass.” she shot back. I snorted. If we were going to be working together for any extended period of time, I might as well get to know her better. And have her get to know me.

“Years in the academy, at least some part of me had to get smart at some point.” I shrugged slightly.

“I mean - smart may be a long shot.” She said, snarky little bitch wasn’t she? I felt my lips twitch.

“At least it is not trying to carry the conversation along. So. Scarlet. Magical reincarnation cycle of some kind?” It was different. And explosive. Very, explosive.

“More or less…” She muttered, absently kicking at the snow. “I’m immortal. Fuck knows I’ve tried. If I’m damned to live for an eternity may a well shape the world into something I want it to be.” She shifted her black and red Sclera eyes up toward me. “At least make it fun, or something.” I blinked, tilted my head to the side, watching her. Now that the fight was over, I was processing her. Right. I knew why I projected a cold emotionless shell. But this woman? Hmm.

“So, the black lines. Related to the immortality, or a separate thing? And those Ethereal snakes?” The more I learned about her - the more likely I would be to have an easier time of fighting if that ever came up again.

“No. That’s my corruption. The snakes are a physical manifestation of my soul.” She was quick to talk about herself when asked. I thought it’d be harder to pry her for information. The confident and prissy woman I first encountered wasn’t her. I wondered if her revival had something to do with her being so deflated. But - a physical manifestation of her soul? Her corruption? That - Hm.

“Corruption? How is it purified then?” I paused and looked over to her as we came to a crossroads.

She glared at me, her voice turning into more of a growl. “Why the fuck do you wanna know that? What do you care? It’s better this way. Trust me.” She huffed and turned her attention to the path ahead. “Left here.” Then she started forward, ahead of me.

Better this way? I doubted that, highly doubted it in fact. Corruption never led anywhere good - in fact, it led to death and destruction. It led to becoming a beast, a ravenous force of the end. And Huntsmen fought beasts. Or, as I had done recently, prevented them. I watched the woman go, stomping ahead of me in the snow. She wasn't there, not yet. She was dark, she was twisted - the rot had shown that. But she wasn't there. Because she had control, she could restrain it. If the beast could not be slain - do not let it become a beast. And - her reaction.

“There is a way, then…” I tilted my head as I followed after her.

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    “Tch...well yeh. Nothing is permanent. Not even death. With the right magic, the right soul… even the right technology you can cheat just about anything.” Scarlet turned back to look at the Hunter. “Corruption ain’t any different. I like myself better this way. Since I’ve become this way I haven't dealt with any of the shit I’ve had in the past. I’m stronger for it.”

Scarlet paused and stared at the dark skinned man. “People do...interesting things in the pursuit of strength, don’t they?” She asked, prying him for information. “What you did wasn’t normal not for a normal drow.” He studied her.

“What was done to me was part of a project to help people. Not to drive them to the brink of losing themselves. Myself, and those like me, are meant to be protectors. I merely exercise it a different way than most. And…” He paused, and narrowed his eyes at her. His arms folded across his chest.

“And please, do not think me a fool. You do not like what you are. So, tell me. How is this corruption reduced?” The dark Elf’s voice was steady, his gaze intent.

Why the fuck was everyone so intent on changing her? On ‘fixing’ her. Of course scarlet wasn’t entirely happy with how she was now. “The fuck do you know.” She hissed. “Of course I’m not fucking happy, I barely feel a thing and when I do, its fucked. Everything I touch rots in my fingers, but it’s still better this way.”

I shook my head as we neared the village, small houses dotted the countryside. And of fucking course when people saw her coming they’d get all huffy. “Hang on..” Scarlet shoved a hand into the tattered remains of her clothing, there was a holster attached to her upper thigh. She pulled the dress up to reach it and pulled out a small vial filled with a light blue liquid. Scarlet popped off the top and downed it. “It’s better if I don’t look like I’m about to explode and annihilate everything around me.” She laughed bitterly. Oh how very true that sentence was.

The dark lines on her skin faded, and her eyes returned to what they were before the corruption sunk deep within her. Brilliant emerald hues with a glimmering golden ring around her iris. “So- how about a drink?” She asked. Anything to get him off her damn back.

He paused, studying her. Then gave a slow nod. Good. She strode off towards the bar, and he followed, trudging through the snowy streets.

Scarlet pushed open the door. At this time of day it was loud and it was rowdy. Evening was along the horizon and the men were coming home from their jobs and the whores were looking for a glint of gold.

“Should...you be drinking?” Hunter asked.

“Hell yes I should.” Scarlet commented as she threw herself against the back corner booth. “Yuriks Firewhiskey good enough?” She didn’t let him reply. “Good. That’s all we’re drinking tonight.” She motioned to a lad runnng around with a finger. He approached her quickly. His eyes glancing to her tattered clothes.

“Uh..”

“Yuriks firewhiskey.” Scarlet stated. “Bottle of it.”

The youth paused, looking form her to Huntershe en back to her clothes then to her. “Did I fucking stutter? Go get it, what do ya want? A fuckin sign?” The boy shook his head and left.

As she was snapping at the boy, she felt something settle her shoulders. A blink and a glance down showed that she was now swimming in the drow’s overcoat. “I don’t feel the cold.” She said, staring at the coat. Just why would he bother? Instead of answering right away, he reached around and buttoned it up. It was then that she noticed that his left arm had a chunk that was definitely not the same color as the rest of his skin. In fact, it looked almost like stone - and the flesh around it looked frayed and torn, like it was rubbed and scraped raw, and not attaching in quite the right way.

“It is not always about the cold, Scarlet. You and I might not care as much, but normal people think it wrong for an attractive woman to walk around in torn, shredded clothes.” With swift, sure movements, he folded up the sleeves.

“Attractive?” She scoffed. The hell was he thinking about. Scarlet lowered her eyes. She let her hands run over the curves of her body. Her breasts, which had admittedly gotten bigger of recent, her hips - too wide...her skin, sure it looked pristine now but she could feel the bumps and ridges of all the cracks from her corruption. Scarlet stilled, body tense as he leaned forward to ensure that none of her more delicate areas were showing. She was sure he’d try to stab her, test just how often she’d revive, but he didn’t. Instead he leaned back against the chair.

“Yes, attractive. Now then. Where is that boy with our whiskey?” He drummed gloved fingers on the table as he looked around.

Scarlet leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes. “Firewhiskey…” She breathed. “Never knew why...but it always felt...right to drink it. It feels nostalgic. I wonder if I was a fan of it in a past life.”

Before the Hunter could comment the boy returned with two glasses. He shot a small glare to Hunter seeing that Scarlet was now appropriately covered. Hunter pulled down his face mask and gave a hungry grin. The boy dropped the glasses and scurried off.

“So Hunter; you say you want to protect people… but you have a bit of a sadistic side, don’tcha?”

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I poured us both a glass and pushed it closer to her, and sat back as I poured a measure into my own glass. I stared into the alcohol for a moment, then slugged it back. Oh, that burned, and it burned but good. I closed my eyes for a moment as it scorched its way down my throat, then opened coal-black eyelids to study the woman across from me.

“Yes.” There was no reason to hide it. “I believe that there are two sides to protecting. There is being passive, reactive. A guardian. Then there is what I do. I hunt down and eliminate beasts, before they can be a bigger threat. Or, in some cases, I do my best to prevent beasts from coming to be at all.” Here, I raised a pointed eyebrow in her direction. She still hadn't answered my question.

She lifted her glass, which was far more full than mine. “Here’s to a fuckin’ sadist and a masochist doin’ business then.” I blinked. Looked down at her, blinked again. And I felt a stirring, that I quickly squashed. No. Not the time. Certainly not now. I wonder how she’d scream as she bled, when I wasn't trying to - stop. There. Instead, I took another drink of the fire whiskey and sat back. This was going to be an interesting partnership. One entirely different from my debates with Philomel. Or my watchful eye over the short dhampir girl - Kara.

I watched as she drained her glass. “In truth. Should you be drinking?”

“Fuck yes… why shouldn’t- Oh? That?” She scoffed. “Hunter, I’ve literally tried to rip it out with my fingers, I’ve tried potions and serums to get the wretched thing out. It won’t fuckin’ die. So if all that ain’t gonna hurt it, a lil’ firewhiskey won’t.” That was - concerning. I sighed and shook my head. It was probably a good thing the child was supernaturally resilient, because if it hadn't been - would the woman have already fallen? I felt it likely.

I watched her down the glass and pour herself another one. “Truth be told… I don’t fuckn’ have anything to hunt right now.” She bought the glass to her lips and stared at him with half lidded eyes over it. “Does that piss you off?”

I blinked, paused, considered. Did that piss me off? I thought about it for a long moment, then shrugged. “Not really. I just finished two hunts - even if one was aborted right at the end.”

She grinned at me and stuck her tongue out before taking another drink. “Was fun though. Thought I may have actually died permanently for a moment.” She seemed to be lightening up.

“So being - quite literally ripped apart, was fun?” Down. Down, down. “If that's the - hmm. This whiskey is rather good.” No. Distract myself. Damnation, distract myself until I could get away from her and take care of this with one of the whores I had seen wandering around.

“ Yeh….it was….” She tilted her head as her eyes narrowed. “Didn’t you pay attention to the toast earlier? That sorta things sorta the only thing that makes me fuckin’ feel anything these days….” She paused and finished her drink. “Drow….” The word flowed from her lips slowly. “So yer probably at least twice, maybe thrice my age eh?”

“I am eighty seven. I do not know how that compares.” Thank whoever was listening that she changed the topic. Down you accursed distraction. A fucking virgin vampire tried to seduce you with her pleasure venom, do not let the masochistic girl get you!

She hummed softly to herself as she poured yet another glass. “Close to thrice. Look about my age though. Fucked if I know though. Do you have family?” Another pause as a bitter tone raised in her voice. “I killed mine.”

This was the first time someone had actually asked me about my family. I sat back and closed my eyes, trying to picture them. It felt like it had been so long since I'd seen them. The academy had dragged on for ages. “I - I do, yes. A mother, father, two younger siblings, a brother and sister.” I frowned. Why was it difficult to remember them? My father’s face was concrete in my mind - but the others? I knew - I knew my sister was in her thirties, my brother was - he was… In his forties. There, there we are. I nodded.

“The fuck took you so long...isn’t that fuckin’ hard to say yes or no.” It had taken me a while? What? But - but remembering family should be easy, should be smooth.

“Rememberin’ things is easy when you can fuckin’ relive the experiences.” I can force anyone to experience anything I remember…” she mused, staring at her fingers. “Reckon I could even pull up others memories if I tried hard enough...course - I ain’t drunk enough yet to help ya with that. You being a forgetful shit is yer own damn fault.”

“I - sure. Being more drunk sounds like a fantastic idea.” Anything to stop the pounding in the back of my head. I could argue philosophy with Philomel for hours - but when asked a question about my family, I stall out. That - why did my head ache? I had not drunk enough to have a hangover already. That - that was the problem, I hadn't drunk enough. I filled my glass to the brim, then downed it all in one go. It burned.

She laughed at me from across the table, a bubbling laughter that was almost sinister. To shut her up, I filled her glass, then my own again. She stopped and took another sip, this time slow. Like she was enjoying it rather than just trying to get wasted.

She was easier to talk to this way, but then again, wasn’t anyone when they were drunk. Maybe she’d answer me now. The hell had I wanted to ask her though? It was… It was her… The black lines.

“Yer. Yer corruption.” Fuck. Accent, begone. I swallowed more firewhiskey. “S’bad. Gonna make ya a beastie. Don' wanna hunt you like that again.” Fucking fuck. I forgot I was a lightweight. And this booze was potent as all hell.

“You don’t? You didn’t find it as fun as I?” I shook my head sharply. “Nah. No - not like that. Hunting would be fun. You're fun to play with. Bleed nice, come back too-won't go away.” By the old and new. I had to stop drinking.

“You like the feeling of my blood?” she asked as she shifted in her chair, leaning forward on the wooden table. She kicked her legs up underneath her and if it wasn't for my coat, would have been displaying thing rather blatantly. “Is that what you call foreplay?” Scarlet laughed as she pushed herself away from the table. Fuck. I said the wrong thing. “You want to know why? I can show you.” she was close, incredibly close. I could smell the alcohol on her breath, smell a faint whiff of rot, but even fainter of sunlight. She pressed a finger to my temple. “The moment the old me died, the moment I told myself I wouldn’t...be that weak ever again. It’s not pleasant.” She cocked her head. “You may even hate me for it, but it’s not like I am at a loss here.” I reached up and gripped her hand, pressing her finger harder against my temple.

“Show me- tha beasts.” Corruption didn't - it didn't spring up anew, fresh. It always started somewhere. Where had hers?

The world around me disappeared and I was… I was faintly aware that I was her as it happened. My body shook hard nd she drew away, as my eyes went wide. Fuck. Fuck fuck - fuck. And she had - I pointed at her seat. Well. That had - that had cleared the whiskey from my mind. And I wish it hadn't, because then I could have ignored that she - and vicariously I - had gotten off on it. Well. Well. I hadn't, but now I want furiously aroused. I was not inherently a masochist - but I had been in her mind as that - demon fucking mage worked in her, on her. I rubbed my head with one hand as I tried to force my arousal down.

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Scarlet calmly sat back down in her chair. It creaked with her weight. The assassin had relived the memory and the pain enough times that it barely bothered her any more. “I could show you the time I did almost explode.” She glanced down at her glass. She did feel a little dizzy, but it was good…. It felt good to be drinking this whiskey and actually talking to someone for once. Someone who wasn’t doting on her and forcing her to stay inside the Seventh Sanctum. The woman was barely away of Hunters own issues.

“I won’t turn into a beast Hunter. I’ll simply cease to be. I’ll lose all sense of self, of cognitive thought- and then...well… who the fuck cares?” She blinked as the man simply lifted one hand.

“You cannot show me that - and think one would not be concerned. That was - I lived that. You did nothing to deserve that. I - if there is someone who needs a Huntsman, well.” He filled her glass again and pushed it to her. Scarlet stared at her glass. The amber liquid swirled in it. Or maybe she was just swaying.

“Are you...trying to get me drink?” She accused as she looked up at him. He stiffened. “Tch… who cares what I did. It happened. No big deal. You think that the last of it? I see the demon often. He’s…” Scarlet paused. What way to describe Aurelianus. “A cruel, teasing and vindictive bastard.” Yes. That aptly described the man.

“Knew it wasn't the last. Made a deal.” His fingers were drumming in the table. “Is he on your list.” A calm, not quite question. Scarlet shook her head.

“He and I have an amicable relationship.” Scarlet had...quite funnily enough taken quite a liking to Aure. She wouldn’t call him a friend, or even someone who was close to her. They just...had a working business relationship. She noticed how his hands curled into a fist as they landed on the wooden table.

“You get over his ways.” Scarlet mused as she lifted the cup to her lips and took a long sip. Her eyes glassed over the rest of the room. It was still rowdy. Ugh. That must be where the dronning buzzing was coming form.

“Humanity is so fuckin’ flawed…”

“All tha races are. Gotta find the good, protect it from the flaws.” He snorted.

Scarlet nodded in agreement. To her, there was no good in this wretched place. There was only a few beings she could tolerate. She didn’t agree to there being any ‘good’ to her, there wasn’t such a thing. “Is that an accent?” Why hadn’t she heard it before? “Were you hidin’ it?” He paused, his eyes widening. Ah he had been.

“Yea. S’not proper.” He shrugged, then sat back with his eyes wide.

“Not proper? Fuck whats proper. Do I look fuckin’ proper to you?” Scarlet asked as she slammed her half empty cup down on the table. “Eh? What do I even fuckin’ look like to you?” She rose a hand to her head and sighed. “Ugh….Fuck me…” She muttered.

“Like sin. Like sin wrapped in red cord. And no - can't. You're my… Boss? Fucking. Somethin’. Would love to. Can't. Fuck. Alcohol is still in me but it isn't helping this damn headache.” He sat back and remove his glasses, for a moment showing sharp silver irises before he closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“Are you blind?” Scarlet asked. Focusing on his eyes and ignoring his comments for the time being. “You should go to bed.” His eyes opened back up, and focused on her.

“Th’hell? Na’, I'm not blind. The hell made you think that? And bed wouldn't help this fucking headache. Something’s not right in the wheelhouse, gotta figure out what.”

Scarlet was buzzed, a pleasant feeling that dulled her senses. “Well…” She paused. “I dunno why you hide your eyes then.” She studied the dark man. His skin the colour of charcoal, his coat the colour of the void and his hair was like starlight amongst the midnight being that he was. He was a hunter. He was in her employ. She found no real reason to continue to drink with him, nor hang around with him. Normally, she’d have given him information on how to contact her - a list of things she needed to get down and be on her way.

“Not the right color. Tired of people at the damn academy staring at them all the time, then the fucks in the streets. Y’ don’ know since yer a human. But these? Not right. People say is th’ sign of th’ moon-touched. Don't remember it being this bad when I was young. Guess…” He paused.

“Mmm?” She hadn’t exactly been paying attention but blinked when she realized that he had stopped talking. He was frowning, and the way his mouth shifted made faint purple tones appear on his skin around his lips.

“I - fuck. Fuck me, I don't remember it being this bad when I was young.” One hand came up and ran through his short white hair.

“Hmmm?” Scarlet leaned forward , resting her chin on her hand. “What was that?” Her entire body felt pretty damn good right now. This may just be why she loved Yurik’s so much. “Yer eyes? Nah. They’re fine. Glasses make you look a little dicky to be honest.” He blinked and his eyes focused on her. Then he spun the glasses over to her. “Hold on to those for me then. I'll have to come back for them, yea?” in the future.”

Scarlet tried to sit up but the room span so she rested herself firmly back against her hand. “What? The fuck I do that for? Is this meant to be sentimental? You’ll come back because I’ll-I’ll...tell you to….” He was intently staring at her. “I will tell you to come back.” Scarlet said with an assertive nod.

“Eh. Keep em and ya know I'll be comin’ back. Smash em and ya know I listened to ya.” He shrugged. “And if you tell me to come back, I will anyway. But those, they’re bonus insurance. Yea. And no - I - I was meanin’, I don't remember being young.” He frowned, his eyes flicking downward for a moment.

“Th’ pain in the wheelhouse is gone. I don’ remember shit before the fuckin’ academy.” He sounded downright agitated about this.

“I may be able to bring back memories from then…” Scarlet mused. “But I ain’t doin’ it for free.” She glanced down at her hands. The black lines were beginning to form again. Her potion wearing off.”

“Fuckin’, what you want then? It's no’ right to know.”

What did she want...Scarlet had plans. She wanted to overthrow the church. She wanted to build the SEventh Sanctum into something more. Something more than the Crimson Hand. More than a band of ruffians and perverts and the lowest of the low. But - was that really what she wanted or was she just going through the motions?

“I want...another fuckin’ drink…” she muttered as she stood. Black began to bleed into the whites of her eyes and the emerald darkened to a red. His silvery eyes remained trained on hers, as he poured her glass full. Scarlet took another sip and relished in the burning sensation that came with it.

“S’easy. Not worth showing me whut I’m missing. What do you want for givin’ me back my memories.” He picked up his own glass and downed it, then refocused his gaze on hers.

“I don’t fuckin’ know ok.” She muttered, pointing at him with an accusatory finger, spilling the whiskey onto the floor. “I don’t fuckin’ KNOW.” She spat at him. “Fuckin’ stop fuckin’ pressing me. Fuck me…

“Then I’ve gotta stay til ya do. And stop sayin’ that, you're my damn type. Fuck, I need more whiskey.” And this time the tall drow took a drink straight from the bottle, pouring some into his mouth and swallowing directly, skipping the glass entirely.

“What? You’d actually fuck me, right after all that ‘thank fuck she’s not interested in that’ shit? First the alcohol. Then that. The hell is your game Hunter.” She muttered, the glass shattered in her hand as she clenched her fist. Blood dripped to the floor and she enjoyed it. She enjoyed the sting of the pain. It made her feel like she was alive.

But why was she even bothering with being alive?

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    “I've got fucking desires too damn it. I just fuckin’ ignore them because fuck relationships. They don't work til you're ready to set down and raise chilluns. So I fuck, use it as one more Goddamn tool because that's all it should be. That's why that kid in ya upsets me - kids are meant to be cherished, fuckin’ protected and raised, they're the damn future and shit. So yes. I'd fuck ya, but I won't because ya ain't interested. So when you're tired of me I'll just go jump into a cold river or somethin’ and kill the urge.” I slammed the bottle back down before answering her. My fingers were tight around the neck of the bottle. Fuck. Some high class courtesan trying to seduce me and I barely bat an eye. This masochistic little shit who was now my boss, she gets me revved up. Fuck this.

She stared at me, with those black and crimson eyes of hers. “Ya don’t wanna fuck me. You don’t stick your dick in crazy.” She muttered. “Yer not the only one with fuckin’ urges you fuckin’ midnight skinned shit. You think I wouldn’t fuck you? Do you have any idea how long its been? It’s not somethin’ I go lookin’ for. It’s not something I care about. But fuck…” She lowered her voice, her hand resting on her head. “Fuck…me ...” she breathed again, clearly frustrated.

“You also don't stick crazy in ya.” I warned. Gods. Fucking. Damn. It. Stop staring at me with those fucking eyes, woman. “And I jist know that if we did, ye’d be bleeding, a fuckin’ lot.” I growled out. I was trying my damndest not to look at her now, because with her blood dripping from her hand, and her other tangled in her hair - fuck, I just wanted to pin her to a wall with the Saw-Spear and see what fun we could get up to. Fuck. Fucking, fuck! She could give me back the memories I couldn't get to. Focus on that shit not on - not on how sweet her screams would sound.

“Sounds like a bloody good time to me.” She muttered. Her hand had fallen from her head and she pushed herself off the wall. Practically stumbling till her bloodied hand pressed against my chest. “You’re in my employ. You do as I fuckin’ say right? So what If I told you to do so?” my eyes shot down to the hand on my chest, which she was now slowly rubbing around, smearing her blood across my vest. I felt a snarl curl its way through my throat.

“If you tell me to fuck you. I'll fuckin’ do it. You'll get one damn chance to decide how you fuckin’ want it, and then live with it. I'll be a gentle little prick for you, I'll be a submissive little one for you - or I'll -

She interrupted thim. “Fuck no. Ugh.” She grumbled, clearly irritated at my words. “No. Ugh. What a fuckin’ turn off… I…” She shook her head. I bit down a growl - I wasn't fucking done.

“or if you keep fucking rubbing that blood on me I will -”

Then she spoke again, cutting me off, again. “Better idea. I’m too fuckin’ drunk and I ain’t interested in bangin you like this. Surprise me. Do it whenever, however - but none of that shit.” She tried to pull away but her feet stumbled. My hand shot out, grabbing her arm and squeezing it painfully tight. I drew her against me so she would not fall - and so my grip on her arm didn't show the others the pain it caused her.

“If I fucking initiate you are going to fucking bleed in the damn process. I won't fuckin care. Now sit your damn ass down while I work the alcohol out of my system.” I shoved her into the chair.

“I like to bleed…” she muttered as she obliged. This was my boss? Fuck. Fuck, I was going to end up either bleeding her dry - or fucking her bloody senseless while bleeding her dry. I turned and leaned over the chair, pressing into her space. I didn't care if other fuckers saw us right now. I was too drunk to care.

“Then I am going to fuckin’ string you up, cut you, and bleed you as I fuck your damn cunt. But not now. Not when you're too damn drunk to remember us talking.” I turned around and looked away from her. If I stopped watching her, then I wouldn't keep wanting to see how deep I had to cut to get through that black crap running across her skin. I felt a burning sensation on my upper leg where her hand had landed. It felt - almost good. Almost. I refused to say that it felt good.

“You need somethin?” I growled as I looked over my shoulder at her. She was swaying. She had drunk a little over half the bottle I was surprised she was coherent at all. I guess she drank too much too quickly and it was just now catching up to her. She lifted her head up. Her blackened eyes staring at me. Questioning me with a curious gaze. Now that I was this close I noticed the smallest sliver of gold around her eyes. Where her iris would be. So, she wasn't all gone.

“Why?” She asked, and I had a feeling it wasn’t about the degrading sex I had promised her.

“Fuck. Why what, Scarlet. Why do I not care that you're fucked up? Why do I not care that your hand is burning me? Which why?” I turned around and knelt down, putting my face on level with hers. “Ask. I'll tell ya if I can.”

She pulled her eyes away from mine and groaned. “Why try to redeem me?” Her head fell into my shoulder. “Why...not let me die?” There was a slight pause. “I’ll...uphold my end of the deal…you’ll have your hunts…” She pushed herself off of me.

“You want your memories back. I’ll do so but in return - you find a way to end me.”

“Why try to - because you ain't a fuckin’ beast. Sure you've probably done some fucked up shit. But I'm a fuckin’ Hunter. And I see that there's still somethin in ya begging for help. I might not be a guardian but ya need it.” Just as much as that poor dhampir kid did. “Why not let ya die? Same damn reason girl. Ya ain't a beast. Shits been done to you, and if that fucker is who you had to rely on, you ain't had a damn truly sympathetic shoulder in fuckin what, ages. And I'll have to figure out a way to end ya - in case ya do fall. So I can fulfill that promise for ya.”

There was a long silence from her and it made me confused as all hells.

A low rumbling laughter erupted from the woman, then a choking sound. Then….fuck.. Then she clambered ontop of me and pressed her lips to mine. Her mouth pried mine open and a liquid flooded in, followed by the ravenous lap of her tongue against mine. Did she just - did she just bite her fucking tongue to put her blood in my mouth? She fucking had!

She fucking had and it felt damn great and it fucking pissed me off. She pulled away, her tongue still raw and bloody from where she had bit herself, and red-stained drool connected our mouths. I opened my mouth to curse this bitch out - but she spoke first.

“You're… Nothing to me…” she collapsed against me. This - this damn - I - she fucking kissed me. I didn't care about sex, hell, I would fuck Philomel if she asked and I considered that woman fairly damn stubborn and stupid. But kisses? Kisses were fuckin’ for the people you loved.

“Damn right im nothin to you, I'm your fuckin’ Hunter. Fuckin’ Swiss army knife. Not someone you can kiss damn it. I'm not your damn love, and I ain't looking for one for decades.” Damn it she was out fucking cold. Drank until she fucking passed out. I scooped her up and she curled against me, her fingers curling into my shirt. No damn you, you don't get to try to be cute and vulnerable after you fucking kissed me. Damn bitch - fuck I couldn't just leave my boss in the middle of some shitty bar. I stormed out, kicking open the door, and headed for the actual inn where I had a room still reserved. I'd damn well set her up there and sleep by the fuckin’ door.

Her grip was fuckin’ strong for someone who was blackout drunk. “Dun leave…” The words that left her lips..were in a tone I’d never, ever have expected her to use. It begged, it was filled with emotion that I couldn’t place. It was hurt and it was...she was alone. I sighed.

“I ain't goin’ nowhere. You fuckin’ hired me. I'm your Hunter, dumb redhead.”

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    She awoke with a groan and a headache. Her mouth was dry and her body sore. Light filtered into the room. “Advencia...water!” She hissed. There was no reply. Come to think of it...things felt a little too warm. “Ugh…” Scarlet pushed herself up and off the bed. A black trenchcoat slipped down her shoulders.

What the hell did she do last night. The room was small. She sat in a well cushioned bed with several blankets and pillows. The wooden floors were bare, scratched and faded. There was only one set of drawers in the room opposite the bed. Nothing else. “Goddammit.”

Scarlet hoped she hadn’t done anything stupid. She stood and headed into the adjacent washroom, splashing her face with cold water. That felt...better. A little. Scarlet left the washroom and only then..did she notice the hunched figure of the drow. The Hunter. He sat with his back against the door, his head lowered. White hair danced in front of his eyes.

Did she sleep with him last night? No. No she would have remembered that. She did vaguely remember kissing him, and that it had pissed him off. She smirked. Good. As insane as it may be, she found something to use against him. Leverage as it were. She approached him and gave him a small series of kicks in the leg.

“Oi. Hunter. Wake up. I ain’t paying you to sleep.” She spat.

She heard a very faint click - and realized the Hunter was staring at her, silver eyes peering at her through his bangs. He rose up, soon hitting his height, and flicked his hat up and into place. He dusted himself off, still watching her.

“Well then, what do you need for today?”

“Nothing.” Scarlet said. “Rather, we need to work out a way for me to reach out to you if I do need your services. Be it a messenger Raven, or some sort of magic. Unless you got any bright ideas in that midnight brain of yours?”

She turned to the bed and sat down on it. Crossing her legs. “Oh. I recall I promised to try and bring your memory back.” He tilted his head to one side, and nodded.

“There was an agreement along those lines, yes. But some kind of enchanted messaging would probably be the best idea. Perhaps a device to teleport of necessary. I need to look into those.” He shrugged slightly. “But that will be an issue for the future - I shall be in Corone and Salvar for some time as it is. So then. This memory ability of yours. What might it be to pull one from me, instead of show one?” As he spoke he had approached and kneeled down in front of her, one eyebrow raising up.

Salvar. Good, Salvar was her home. Scarlet nodded as if in approval. “Yeh it would. Ssame way I showed you my memory. Wanna go for a round now or?”

He shrugged. “If you are up for it, I am. I dislike having something missing.”

He was tall enough for Scarlet to simply reach out to him. “It's a weakness really… to want to grasp onto something like that…” She paused as the pads of her fingers pressed harder against his temples. She had only used the ability once before but it was easy. She just had to want it and bam it was done. She felt him twitch beneath her. There wasn't anything to grasp. Her eyes furrowed. It was just an empty nothingness.

He reeled back, breaking the connection, as his hands wrapped up around his head, knocking his hat askew as he gripped his temples. He shuddered, his face twisted in pain.

“There ain't nothing there. You sure this happy little life of yours ain't fabricated?” Scarlet asked. She took a step back and assessed him. This was beneficial to her. A broken man with nothing had far more to gain than one with everything. “It's a good thing.” Scarlet said. “You have nothing. Nothing to hold you down. Nothing to be used against you.”

The Huntsman winced, his fingers rubbing his temples as he tried to abate the pain in his head. “That- I…I - I still have the Academy, my training - but my family - my siblings? My parents…I -” Those silver eyes widened. His next words were a soft whisper, barely audible. “Am I actually Moon-touched? I-I do not possess… Or is it that I have not tried?”

“Moon….what? Is this some drow thing?” She scoffed. “what does it matter? Where is that confident smart ass? Or is family too touchy feely for you?” His eyes narrowed, locking on to her.

“I'm sorry, I just found out roughly two thirds of my life were false memories implanted in to me, and I have no idea by who. As for Moon-touched - for me, it is a good thing. It means, when I figure out how to use it, I shall possess magic in some way, giving me further advantages. What, I have no idea yet. Maybe I would have if my youth had not been ripped from me.” He snorted, irritated.

What was it that she did last night that shut him up good? She should do that again. The whole thing was hazy. She shook her head. “Let's go.” She gestured for him to move out the way. “We will find one of these calling stones somewhere.”

He stared at her for a moment, then gave a slow nod. Scarlet pushed him aside and headed out, not checking to see if he followed she began to talk. “Ugh my head fucking hurts. Musta drank more than I thought.” She laughed callously. “Still not dead.”

Pushing the door open to the bright Street caused her to groan. “ugh…” She didn't want deal with this. She wanted to curl up into a bed. “can't keep my master waiting too long.”