Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Jame’s body was beginning to tell him that his battle with Kedx was going to have to reach a conclusion soon. Weilding the claymore had been quite difficult for him, the sword seemed a great deal heavier when he was using it to parry blows than when he was using it to dig. Despite himself, he was beginning to feel overwhelmed. Out of the corner of his eye, he glanced at Rainee, hoping that she might give him some kind of indication that she could help him. Jame didn’t expect much, but he was desperate.

Kedx’s attention was now focused on him, so much so that the duke paid little attention to either Omarion or Rainee. Instead, Kedx swung his sword straight at Jame, and the half dragon was able to make another parry. Their fight continued on and on, with neither warrior gaining a meaningful advantage. Meaningless words were exchanged, blood and sweat flowed from their bodies as both gained a series of nicks. Jame didn’t know how much longer he could continue, while he was holding his own, it seemed as though he was much more tired.

However, a twist of fate went his way. The moment that Rainee’s voice had taken a harsh turn towards Kedx, it had snapped the vile duke into a state of shock. Kedx’s body froze in surprise. His weapon stood upright in his hands, up from his body. Jame didn’t hesitate. The young half dragon was able to catch his blade on the hilt of Kedx’s sword and knock it away from the shocked duke.

“Rainee!” Jame said, his eyes suddenly wide with joy. He realized what an advantage she had given him. With a wide smile of accomplishment brightening his face, Jame prepared his claymore for that one final blow that would end the vile duke forever. Jame could see from the shock on Kedx’ face that thanks to Omarion, they had been able to win.

“You betrayed me,” Kedx said sorrowfully. His eyes were looking at Jame, but it was clear he was speaking to Rainee. “When I needed you strong, you were weak, and now when I needed you weak, you became strong...”

“And now you’re weak,” Jame shot back. He brought his sword forward, his entire body exposed.

Kedx chuckled hollowly. He ducked underneath Jame’s blade and pulled a dagger out from his boot. He stabbed Jame straight in the gut, and the half dragon staged a few steps back, staggering blood in shock.

Jame’s flesh had begun to turn pale, and he clutched at the dagger in his stomach, and looked at the blood that had begun to overflow onto his hands. He fell back towards the wall wearily, unable to fight anymore.

“I’ve failed,” he realized. He could barely stand now and was just supported by being propped up against the wall.

Kedx snickered. “It’s time to punish you!” he said vindictively. The duke’s hands began to glow with the same dark lightning they had before.

Jame was shocked. He knew he was probably going to die, but he didn’t know why Kedx was still going after him instead of Rainee or Omarion. Suddenly, it had dawned on him. He had the edge he needed to beat Kedx, at least in one war. “You’re a bully...” Jame realized. “Just a fucking bully!”

Kedx’s eyes bugged. “A what?” he asked incredulously.

“You’re a bully,” Jame continued. “That’s why you wanted to make a deal with me, why you got sick pleasure out of sucking every last bit of misery you could out of Rain- it was all because you’re sad and pathetic. You’ve failed and you're a spoiled little kid whining and trying to take it out on us...”

Kedx snickered, but it was clear he had been rattled by what Jame was saying. The rate at which the lightning bolt was growing had been diminished. “Bold words from one about to die,” Jame said.

“You can kill me, but you’ll still be a failure,” Jame said. He was putting all his energy into his words now. He may have not been able to beat Kedx with his blade, but now he felt as though he might have a chance with his words. It was the least he could do for Rainee. Even with a mortal wound, he wanted Kedx to fall.

“When I kill Rainee I’ll be out of here...” Kedx said. “That was the enchantment I made.” The lightning bolt wasn’t fully formed, but Kedx still sent it out towards Jame to finish off the battle.

Unable to do anything else, Jame winced. He closed his eyes and suddenly was reminded again of his fears. But the lightning never reached Jame. With a feline growl, Omarion had leapt from his position near Rainee and had stepped right before the bolt. The cat boy crumpled down to the ground, twitching in pain as his body glowed with a dark hue. Jame looked on, both touched and terrified.

“Save my sister...” Omarion said. “Save her.” His body faded away.

Jame’s eyes turned back towards Kedx, and he got back up only to stumble back down to his knees. With his eyes swelling with tears, he looked on to Kedx with frustration and regret. “I’m sorry,” he said, turning back towards where Omarion had just fallen. He didn’t have the energy to fight any more.
    Last edited by Call me J; 12-25-07 at 08:33 PM.

EXP: 25,053, Level: 6
    Level completed: 73%, EXP required for next level: 1,947
    Level completed: 73%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,947
    GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Race
    Neko(Kitty girl)
    Hair Color
    Bright blue
    Eye Color
    soft silver
    Job
    She's traveling and shes unemployed

Its now or never! Rainee told herself as she moved swiftly towards Kedx. Her eyes were blazing with her pain and her fury that Corin had never appreciated her. Never appreciated me huh? Lousy oaf! I did everything for him! Rainee thought bitterly as she approached the place where Jame and Kedx were battling to the death.

As the sounds of metal twanging against metal could be heard, Rainee moved to join the fray. However, Kedx now turned on her with both sad an angry eyes as he made an accusation that she had not been strong for him when he had loved her. Hissing in angry, Rainee’s eyes widened as she fisted a hand to her heart and said loudly “Not there for you? Not strong for you! That’s a load of bull Corin! I was a patient housewife! Always waiting for you when you came home! I had the manor arranged in just the way that suited you! I took care of Mylie making sure she was comfortable and fed! All you had to do was come home and relax! Perhaps just spend time with Mylie and I! We never asked that much of you!” Taking her fisted hand away from her heart, she once more gripped Spark Petals hilt as she finished “I was strong for you then, never weak! I was only weak or submissive when you asked! But now, now I need to be strong because your wrong Corin! Honey your out of line and you need to be put in your place!”

"You were in my way every time I wanted power," Kedx said. "I didn't need your home cooked meals and you flea ridden daughter. You know why? Look at your parents." He snapped his fingers and they were banished into a different part of hell. "Because they can disappear that quick!"

Rainee let out a yowl of anger as she watched her parents disappear. Sorrow filled her heart as she screamed “Mom! DAD! URGH!” Turning back on Kedx, her eyes are molten coins of hot silver as she hisses “Didn’t need my home cooked meals? Nor my little girl? Things can disappear yes…but” Pointing her blade at his throat she hisses “They can stay true as well! YOU weren’t true to me you bastard! SO…” She then moved and swung her blade at Kedx’s throat hissing “Now its time for you to disappear honey AND atone for your sins!”

After aiming a swipe at his throat, she then placed Sparks Petals in front of her and her silver hot eyes begin to glow a dark, dark blue. Lightening begin to swirl and crackle like a dragon across her blade. She then begin to cut and swipe and aim lightening shocks at Kedx hissing ‘Die you foul bastard! You may consider yourself a prince Kedx! But in reality your nothing but a poor lost soul! Driven by your greed and lust for power to abandon anything that might be dear to you or in all honesty that might be true and real!”

"You were always to dumb to understand my need for power, but then again, you're just a stupid beast..." Kedx said.

Rainee’s eyes were growing hotter as her anger was reaching its boiling point, stamping her foot, Rainee could feel the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end. Letting out a low growl she hisses “Beast huh? Dumb huh? Well then, lets just see what this dumb old beast can do!” Letting go of all pretense, Rainee then let go of any human emotions she had, feeding on the fact that she had once more seen her beloved brother die, and on the fact that she had a chance to get to know her parents, but she’d missed it, her eyes begin to change, her features begin to grow more cat-like as she hissed as claws were now holding the hilt of Spark’s petals.

Licking her lips, Rainee moved agilely as she stepped to pivot behind Kedx, in a purring voice she hisses “You…meow, sm..ell good, like hot firrrre, meow! But be..ne…ath that fire beats a heart….a soul, everrrrry crrreature has its weakness! You have yourrrrrs beloved!

She then grinned as she crouched down on all fours, purring a bit as she could smell his scent, she used the muscles in her legs to spring herself forward. Moving to latch on Kedx’s back she moves her fangs down to bite into his neck as she murmurs her words soft in his ear “I b…be…t y….you have a weakness for b…being bitt…en still. She then moved her fangs closer to his skin, smelling his blood pulsing beneath his skin, she knew she was close to piercing it.

However before she could reach her target, a swift hand moved and latched onto her throat. Dark smoldering eyes were glaring at her as Kedx spat “ I don’t think so little kitten.” His hands then closed around her throat as he begin to choke Rainee easily. Spitting into her face he smirked

Struggling against his grip, Rainee’s face was turning blue as she could feel her breathe growing short, feeling her adrenaline rush disappearing, she pushes against his hands, words unable to form in her mouth as she finally goes limp unable to fight him anymore. Staring dully into Kedx’s eyes, Rainee was once again normal.

Fear begin to knag inside her heart, as she gasped for air, panicking Rainee mewed weakly against Kedx’s hands as her eyes implored Jame. She knew he was weakened, but he was her only hope! Help me! Her eyes pleaded with the half dragon as her bodies struggle became less and less as she was slowly dying.

Do you know my name?
    EXP: 38,033, Level: 7
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 5,967
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,967
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Despite being in the Fire Palace, Jame was beginning to feel cold. Jame’s hands were wrapped around the hilt of the dagger, and he would have pulled the weapon out of his gut if it hadn’t been for the fact that the dagger seemed to cut deeper every time he pulled at it. Jame looked around the room. It was full of jewels and precious metals, but it still seemed an uninviting place to die.

Jame wondered what would happen to him if he died in Hell. Would he disappear like Omarion? Did it make a difference that he had come to Hell amongst the living? No matter what happened, it wouldn’t be enough. Jame didn’t care about the fact that he was dying as much as he did the fact that he had failed Rainee. He had failed her against the wolves, and now he had failed her again.

Guilt wrapped over Jame like a giant snake, slithering on his skin and tightening around his waist. Omarion had died again to save him, and the only thing that Jame had been able to do was bleed. He needed to find something, he was searching for some kind of answer, but every straw he grasped at seemed to disintegrate before he could wrap his fingers around them.

For a moment, Jame wondered if he could turn into a dragon, and whether or not it’d make a difference. He tried for a bit, but Jame found that he only had the energy for a few scales on his neck. Jame was about to give up, but his heart was just too filled with desire for him to pass away gently. Still, the carpet beneath him seemed soft and inviting, and Jame felt overcome with feelings of drowsiness. Death seemed tempting. He would be freed from responsibility, gain a reprieve from the responsibilities that had been foisted on him by destiny. All the fears that he once had, they would be buried along with his broken corpse, deep in the ground like Marvin the portal maker.

“Maybe that’s why Marvin left his claymore where it was...” Jame figured. “He hadn’t really wanted to survive. It had been worth being ripped up by the wolves just to escape the struggles of Hell!”

Despite all of Jame’s new ambivalence, he knew exactly what he had to do. He got back onto his feet one more time, only to fall back down. He crumbled onto his knees, and his arms propped up his body. He looked like a beast of burden on all fours, and the blood ran down from the dagger profusely. It would be a matter of time before he collapsed.

The only thing keeping Jame from giving up completely was because he wanted to see Rainee take her sword and end Kedx’s life forever. He watched as she struggled with Kedx’s hands wrapped around her throat. “You’re tough Rain...” he thought. “But not tough enough...”

Suddenly, a rush of blood surged through Jame’s body. He thought about all his obligations he might need if he were alive, and they suddenly seemed less daunting. It dawned on him that if he didn’t follow his destiny then many others would suffer, just like Rainee.

“I’ll help you!” Jame thought, though he couldn’t find the strength to turn his thoughts into words. Still, he got back onto his feet and lurched forwards. He grabbed onto the claymore that Kedx had left on the ground and dragged it forwards. Jame watched as Rainee struggled under Kedx’s almost vice like grip on her neck, and without a single word, put all of his body into one final swing of the giant sword. Jame’s entire body swung with him, and he collapsed with the momentum of the sword at the same time that Kedx’ head hit the floor. The old duke’s body disintegrated, but Jame couldn’t see it. He now lay on the ground on his stomach, shivering with cold. With eyes that were having their very last flickers, he looked towards Rainee and cried.

“If I ever make it out of here, I'll go and fight at Carnelost,” he resolved. Jame doubted he would ever have that chance.
    Last edited by Call me J; 12-25-07 at 09:21 PM.

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Race
    Neko(Kitty girl)
    Hair Color
    Bright blue
    Eye Color
    soft silver
    Job

Is this the end? I can’t…feel…my body.. Rainee thought groggily as she could see blackness dancing in and out of her line of vision. Her body was beginning to feel cold, not even the warmth she could feel from Kedx was able to touch her. A weak meow escaped her lips as she let another futile thought past through her mind If I die here will I be trapped here? Forever cursed to wander Hell, like Marvin did?

Rainee feebly tried to move her arm, as she tried to will her body to live. She could feel the pressure that Kedx was applying to her throat and she knew as a healer that if it didn’t stop soon she would pass on. Closing her eyes as pain overwhelmed her body she let out another weak meow and thought sadly Good bye Mylie…I’m sorry for abandoning you…I..tried to be a good mother…

The half cat then let out one final labored breathe as she prepared for the inevitable. However, the cold embrace she was expecting never came. Instead, Kedx’s vice like grip was loosened, shock filled her eyes as she saw her husband lose HIS head. Gasping and meowing as she was dropped heavily onto the plush and inviting carpet. She just let herself sink into it.

Resting her head against the cozy softness, she purrs a bit as her breathing begins to even out. Finally once she had regained some strength she pushed herself away from the cushiony softness.

Her mind was on one thing, she remembered that Jame had been injured by her former husband. Her eyes traveled over the now empty room. All the possessions that her former beloved had collected were gone. The room was now simply gray, with a slight red hue, it was lit by two iron flaming torches. Rubbing her eyes as she felt the carpet disappear beneath her feet. Confusion filled her eyes as she murmurs” Where’d the palace go?

“It isn’t here anymore! “Came a squeaky voice. “It disappeared once the duke disappeared!”

Looking for the sound of the squeaky voice, Rainee saw a gray skinned imp with hollow big green eyes jumping up and down. Looking at it she murmurs “Can you tell me the whereabouts of a person named Omarion?’

The imp squeaked as he simply said “If he died in hell! He stay in hell!”

The half cat sighs as she looks at the scraggly little imp, sighing she murmurs “And what of two cat anthros well one cat anthro and one human?”

The imp cackles as it murmurs” They were sent to another part of hell!”

Rainee sighs as she murmurs a loud “I’m sorry mom…dad; I’ll try to find you next time!”

The half cat then sighs as she looks sad, her brother once more had risked his life for her. He’d sacrificed himself again for her. Sighing she whispers “I’ll never forget you brother…thank you again.”

She then looked to where Jame was lying still. Groaning she mutters “ Don’t die on me Jame!” She then hurried to Jame’s side and placed her hands over Jame’s body, they begin to glow blue as she moved to heal his wound murmuring” Come on live Jame! Don’t die on me! We’re so close! We’re almost out! Come on you can make it!”

Do you know my name?
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

The area suddenly took a softer shade. The throne room of the Fire Palace began to reappaear. The little imp squeaked confusedly, but that didn't stop the changes that were happening. All the riches returned but they somehow seemed more distant. It was almost as if the room had appeared again, but only as a memory. Jame found that blood was returning to his body, and he no longer felt very cold. Sweat and blood seemed to pour back into him, and he could see everything that much better. “Thank you...” he mouthed. He hadn’t known Rainee was this amazing of a healer, but he was grateful for it.

A pale man dressed in black had descended from the ceiling. This stranger had his hands folded over his chest, and he waved lightly at Jame. “Doubt you thought you’d see me again...” he said.

Jame laughed. It wasn’t that he was amused, it was that he didn’t know how else to react. He had seen this man dressed in black only once before, when Damon had nearly destroyed the universe. Now, he wondered what this Mya was doing in Hell.

“Well it’s the young Mr. Kaosi!” he exclaimed. “Confused? Don’t think we don’t control Hell too,” the man said. “Hell is just where people go where they can learn to reach heaven. Omarion for example. Miss Miyami, you’ll be comforted to know that his sacrifice in this battle will lead to him being turned into an angel. We think that’s something that you’d welcome.”

The imp began to cackle, but it was silenced quickly. The Mya snapped its fingers and the little creature suddenly disappeared. “Enough of that creature’s mischief,” he said. “That thing might have been entertaining against the lost souls here, but we don’t want to deal with it now.

The black clad Mya made his way up the steps that led to the throne that had once belonged to Kedx and sat down. He crossed one leg over the other and smiled. “The only question is who will be the new duke,” the Mya began. “Normally, the Duke of the Fire Palace is the one who has slain the last one. By rules, our next duke would be you, Mr. Kaosi. However, both of you are among the living. By rules we should return you both to Anebrilith.”

The entire situation was a bit overwhelming, but it seemed that that was common every time one met a Mya. They never seemed to appear in normal situations. Now, he wondered what was going to happen to him. The idea of being a duke, even in Hell, had a certain appeal to it. It would have been the closing of a chapter, a role that he could fill for the rest of his life. Still, he wanted to go back to Carnelost. He knew the duties that the Mya had placed on him before he had appeared here.

“What about me then?” he asked.

The Mya nodded. “You have a choice,” he said. “You can stay here, and we’ll make sure that you can spend your time here more painlessly than the lost souls who take the position after death. On the other hand, you know the road we’ve laid out for you. Is that a road that you’re still willing to take? Before, you had no choice to your destiny, now you can take your responsibilities, or you can stay here.”

The choices were grim. Jame didn’t want to stay in Hell. He wasn’t sure what would happen with him if he went back to Raiaera, but he feared staying in hell. Either way, he doubted he would get to live the life he craved. Jame took a deep exhale. He didn’t like the idea of having to chose his destiny, especially when the two choices were ones that he hated. He bristled a little being forced to make the choice.

“Mull over your decision,” the Mya said. He waved his hand and Kedx’s claymore set itself down next to Jame. “That is your symbol as the Duke of the Fire House. Regardless of your decision, you will have been the duke, even if only for a few moments.”

Jame still didn’t know what to say. He looked at Rainee for a moment, as if to ask her for some signal.

“Miss Miyami, any questions you have, we would be happy to answer before we sent you back,” he said. “We don’t really like it when the living are brought into our penal system, so we suppose we’ll answer questions about what has happened. Do you have any?”
    Last edited by Call me J; 12-25-07 at 10:14 PM.

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Race
    Neko(Kitty girl)
    Hair Color
    Bright blue
    Eye Color
    soft silver
    Job

Rainee’s eyes nearly popped out of her head as she saw the little man dressed all in black. Where the gray it seemed ‘waiting’ room had been, the throne room appeared once more. Blinking like she was an owl, Rainee looked around at the room before she turns to the man and murmurs “Just who are….” Her question was answered when he introduced himself as a Mya. He seemed to be quite an animated little guy as he explained the situation that had happened.

Listening intently, Rainee let out a soft meow as the first question she could think of popped out of her mouth “Why was my former husband the Duke? Was he really as greedy as he appeared? He kept saying he coveted power above all else….could that really be true?” She still was in a bit of a dream like state, not quite believing that the events she had witnessed between herself and Kedx were real.

The Mya voice was sure and quick as he replied carefully “Unfornately, your ex-husband was a fool….’

Rainee’s voice was a little sad, as her hopes of it all being a dream shattered as she asked quietly “How was he a fool?”

The Mya smiled. "He turned his back on you," he said.

The half cat’s smile was watery as she said softly “That he did.” Sighing she murmurs “Thank you for at least the little bit of information you gave me about him.” She then took a few minutes to gather her thoughts before asking her next question.

Her heart begin beating rather rapidly as the thought of learning the answers to questions she had kept long buried, made her quiver with excitement.

Nearly bouncing on the balls of her feet, Rainee’s voice grows eager with her next question “ My parents…w….” her voice grew soft, as she sighs and slowly finishes what she was going to ask “why are they in hell? They were brutally murdered…forgive me for saying this; but, I would think that an innocent who was slain by another’s hand would be sent up to heaven?”

The Mya grinned knowingly. "We really shouldn't answer this," he said. "The decisions of the immortals are our decisions. Lets just say they were not bad people, but there were things they needed to learn. You will notice it was only Omarion who had the courage to do what was right in the throne room. Don't worry though, one day you will all be in heaven together."

Rainee nods slowly though sadness can be seen circling her soft silver eyes as she murmurs “I see, thank you sir. I appreciate all you told me, but what about my little girl?” Her voice grew urgent as she asked this “Is she ok? What happened to her? I was gone for so long! That I’m afraid she might have wandered off some where!”

"Now that's a question we can answer with pleasure," the Mya said. "We can take you back to Anebrilith seconds after you left. You will be returned to the young Miss Rivfader and you can continue the rest of your life together. Mr. Kaosi will either be sent on his way to Carnelost or remain here, but you should say your farewell now either way."

Relief filled Rainee’s heart as she clapped her hands together happily. Smiling at the little man she murmurs “Thank you so much sir. I really appreciate you answering all my questions!

Her smile then turned sad as she turned to Jame. She hesistated for a moment, before she spoke her mind about his offer to become the new Duke of Hell. In a slow, soft voice she murmurs "Don't become the new Duke of Hell Jame. Please don't..." Biting on her lower lip she blurts out "Power brings you nothing but pain! Please, think about it, stay the same person you are! Return to the world of the living with me, don't...become like my ex-husband was, don't be a fool...hun...' Rainee said this last part shyly, as her white tail twitched nervously behind her.

Her smile then warmed after saying these words, she hoped that Jame would listen. Also the look in Rainee's eyes told it all, she’d miss him. Plain and simple. Moving one of her booted feet against the soft plush carpet she murmurs “Thank you for everything Jame. I..” Sighing as she paused to catch her breathe she blurts out “Will miss you. I’m not sure on how I feel about you, but; I do know I enjoy your company.” Pausing as she took her leather bag off her shoulder, she rummaged through it until she found a sheet of parchment paper. Writing down her address she murmurs “For now I can be located at Grace Manor Jame. Come look me up! I’m sure Mylie will be pleased to see you!” She then moved to hugs Jame as her mind thought I’ll be pleased too. I just can’t admit that out right; until I’m sure about my feelings for him….
    Last edited by Nekoprincess; 12-25-07 at 11:17 PM.

Do you know my name?
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Jame hugged Rainee back. The moment he hugged her, his decision was final. He couldn’t stay in Hell. He had to be among the living, no matter how hard the choice was. He didn’t want his destiny, and would have loved to have been released from it, but it seemed Jame had no choice. Even his destination point would be one that he couldn’t choose. While Rainee would be sent back to Anebrilith, he would be going to Carnelost. There hadn’t been a choice or negotiation, it was either Duke of the Fire Palace, or soldier on the front line in the oncoming war against the Forgotten Ones.

“I’m ready to leave too,” Jame said. “I don’t know what you have meant for me, and I’m sure I don’t want it, but I can’t stay here in Hell. For better or worse, I’m going to have to live.” He put the piece of paper Rainee had given him into his pocket. “And one day, I’ll make sure to visit...”

The Mya smiled. “That is a wise decision,” he said. “We knew you’d think that way.”

Jame bristled a bit under the Mya’s smugness. This time, he didn’t care much for the man clad in back. The first time, Jame had been grateful that they had put the universe back together, but since then, he had felt like nothing more than a mere puppet in a grander game they were playing.

He wondered if he asked to be transported somewhere other than Carnelost, would the Mya listen. They could control the situations in which he was placed, but Jame felt as though they couldn’t control the desires of his heart. If he wanted to contradict them, would they use their power against him.

“I’d like to go back to Anebrilith though,” Jame said. “So I can say goodbye to Mylie...”

The Mya shook his head. “That won’t be happening,” he replied sternly. “This adventure was enough for you. Your father sent you to Kedx’s house because he felt you were going to need something. Now you’ve got what you need.”

Tears of frustration began to well in Jame’s eyes. Like a rebuked child, he gathered his things and Kedx’s old claymore. He took one last glance at Rainee. “Well, we’ll have Hell to remember until I come to Grace Manor...” he offered dryly. He hated the idea that his destiny was so rigid that the Mya couldn’t even allow for a few minutes for him to talk to an eight year old girl.

Seconds later, Jame began to fade. He reappeared on the outskirts of Carnelost. Soldiers were getting ready for battle, Jame could hear all kinds of talk about the glory of warfare and the role that they would be playing in history, and he let out a slight chuckle. From what he understood of his destiny, things were going to be much more complicated than a simple win on the line in Carnelost.

For a moment, Jame wondered what both Damon and the Mya had meant when they had said that he had got the thing he was looking for in Raiaera. He had got a claymore which carried the symbols of the Fire Palace of Hell, but he doubted that was what they meant. The sword, while well forged, could have probably been found other places.

“Maybe they wanted me to meet Rainee,” he thought. “They figured I’d need her strength, and so they gave me some of it now.”

Jame smiled. He liked that interpretation.

(Spoils- the giant claymore. I’d like it made of mythril if the judging mod deems appropriate. It’s quality is masterwork. The weapon has no other significant aspects to it, though it should command respect among minions of hell.)
    Last edited by Call me J; 01-09-08 at 05:34 PM.

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Race
    Neko(Kitty girl)
    Hair Color
    Bright blue
    Eye Color
    soft silver
    Job

Rainee sighs as she watches Jame disappear before her eyes. Silently she wishes him good luck in his battles. She hoped that he had learned something from this journey, that he had taken to heart the will to survive. Still hoping this Rainee could feel her body becoming misty as the Mya sent her on her way back to Anebrilith.

As she reappeared, the sounds of the ocean greeted her hearing. The sand was warm and dry beneath her feet as she sighs. Before she had been here with Jame, talking about the Enarlin mage Kedx. Now she was back her head full of knowledge that she knew she needed to know; but at the same time she wished she didn’t. Sighing as her ears twitched a bit when she heard the sound of a gull calling for its mate in the late evening air, she pivoted on her feet to walk back into the ramshackle hunt to her ex-husband had called his home.

However, before she had taken two steps, her feet touched something solid. Looking down she saw the orb that had started the whole hellish adventure. For now it was glowing a pearly white, but the cat mother knew just where that thing would take her. Moving past it, she pushed open the old creaky wooden door and stepped straight into Kedx’s home. A shiver passed through her as she saw the now wet charcoal drawing. Mylie she noted had fished it out of the water to stare sadly at it.

Sighing as Rainee was about to call for her daughter, Mylie turned around and seemed to wipe some tears away from her gentle green eyes. Running into her mother’s arms she whispers “Mommy! Oh mommy! I…” Burying her little face into the simple blue shirt Rainee wore the little cat-girl sobbed “That man…I think…Jame’s was his name…t…t;” a loud hiccup escaped from Mylie’s lips as she finished “t..told me daddy doesn’t love me anymore! Is that true?”

Rainee heaved a sigh as she said softly but bluntly “Your father is gone now darling. Just a sweet memory.” Moving to soothingly stroke her daughter’s hair, she continues “Just remember in your heart that he loved you angel…that should e enough for you to get by on!”

Mylie’s tears were dampening her mother’s shirt as she let out another sob and hiccup as she wailed “I gues…guess I can do that. But, still it wasn’t fair of daddy to leave us!”

“I know darling…I know…” Seeing the picture laying on the water damaged deck, Rain sighs before she moves to pick it up. Handing it to her daughter she murmurs “You want to keep this honey? As a memory of when we were a happy family?”

Mylie’s green eyes lit up as she murmurs “Sure!” The little kitten still hadn’t noticed that her mother’s eyes had been scratched out. But by some miracle Probably the Mya’s Rainee thought her eyes in the picture were back to normal.

Sighing as she reached for her daughter’s hand, Rainee looked around the water logged hut one last time and thought to herself Rest in peace Corin…your memory of when you loved me will always be there in my heart. But…..the memories of when you tried to kill me will be there too. If I ever run into you again…no this. I won’t be forgiving, I’ll protect what is mine…with everything I have in my power!

The mother and daughter then left the old hut, making there way across the sand. Mylie was tucking the pretty picture into her bag, it was drying do to the hot night air, but there would always be water stains on it. Rainee meanwhile was lost in thought as they made there way back into town. Her heart was heavy at the truth she had discovered, but glad still that she and her daughter was safe. It all wasn’t in vain and luckily even though I was in hell, Mylie didn’t notice. She was safe. I know I have the Mya to thank for that so. Thank you! She said this to the Mya as she and her daughter’s tails disappeared around the bend as they headed for the nearest village.

(Spoils: Mythril silver gauntlets- These gauntlets are made from fine mythril, they cover just up to Rainee's elbows and are tied by leather laces that have been dyed with silver metals. She recieved these from the portal maker Marvin after he had passed away.

Steel Machete: A large cleaver like cutting tool that Rainee found miniturized inside an ornately carved wooden box that the Portal Maker Marvin was carrying. It is a thin blade with no hilt that appears that is bright gray with a slight sheen to the steel. It has no hilt, but then it can be used both as an offensive weapon and if the cat-girl needs to make her way through heavy vegetation.

Picture of Corin, Rainee and Mylie: Picture of the family during happier times. This is a spoil requested for Rainee's daughter Mylie not Rainee herself. I'm requesting this simply so that Mylie has a way to remember her father, and not get so lonely by not having anything that she can see or hold to think of him and remembers that he loves her.)

Daonnan Caillte
    EXP: 79,284, Level: 12
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next level: 10,716
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next level: 10,716
    GP

Name
    Karuka O'Sheean
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    All right, I know that you guys have been waiting a long time for the judgment of this monster, so here it is. I'm going to go easy on detail, but I know that if either of you want to ask questions about it, you'll let me know.

Continuity: 5 - I kinda sorta got why both of you came to Kedx's house and where you were going, but it didn't tie in so well, especially for Rainee.

Pacing: 3 - I'm sorry, guys, but not only did this quest run longer than it ought have for its plot, it had long stretches of intense activity and looong stretches of dialogue. There were also a notable lack of transitions, so for every two steps forward one of you made, there was one step back in the next post.

Setting: 6 - I got a good enough sense of setting that the world around the characters was more than a simple void, but there were some parts of it that I looked at and thought "how does that matter?"

Persona: 5 - Jame came out pretty well here, for a new character. Rainee, however, came out as kind of flat. It's as though you wanted to portray her as soft and pretty and sweet all the time, so it came as a kind of slap in the face when she suddenly decided to go feral. To be honest, when she did go feral, it wasn't really believable. Try to have it be less a conscious decision next time, and more instinctive. Also, less talking when she's gone into Danger Kitty mode.

Action: 4 - There was way too much talking during the intense fighting, and way too much stopping for internal monologues. I know that most judges penalize players when they become fighting machines, but Jame and Rainee are both focused on survival, and one of you is half dragon, the other is a cat. Fighting is a lot more primal than your average tea party, you know. Also, Nekoprincess, murmuring is soft and barely coherent. You don't murmur when you're telling someone you're going to kill them, nor is a voice soft when you scream.

Dialogue: 5 - There were some really good moments, but they were hidden over by all the cliches and unnecessary stuff.

Mechanics: 4.5 - The mechanics were tolerable. You guys need to watch out for the differences between "there, they're, and their," and various and myriad other things. Nekoprincess, you need to watch out in particular. I recommend proofreading, and in partner proofreading. Your partner will often catch things that you don't, and it's better to hear it from the other party that wants the thread to do its best than from the judge that has to subtract points for the little mistakes that add up.

Technique: 4 - Again, there was some stuff that was really good. But there was more stuff that was not so good. I suggest reading through your posts and making sure that you don't repeat words often. English is a wonderful language for synonyms, and each one is slightly different. The synonyms you choose to use tell us about the character, and if you use the same words over and over again, you present a really flat character.

Clarity: 4 - I had to read several things again, and still didn't quite understand some. If Mechanics improve, then this will likely improve as well.

Wild Card: 5.5

Total: 46! Congratulations!

Call me J receives 1651 EXP and his requested spoil - only it's made of Dehlar instead of Mythril.

Nekoprincess receives 2097 EXP and her requested spoils.

EXP/GP added!
    Last edited by Karuka; 01-11-08 at 07:26 AM.
    The Karu knows.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567