Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green...
    Build
    6' 0"
    Job
    Mercenary

Slowly, I lowered my sword, my eyes refusing to leave my attacker. My body took a few steps back, already weighted with a fatigue that my Ala’e failed to acknowledge. Why did he have to use his powers?

Would you rather have us killed?

Well, they obviously aren’t evil, are they!

Like either of us could think about it before a sword point. My Ala’e pointed an approving look at the blue-eyed man, whose words, I must admit, were well-spoken, especially before the now-distressed lady. Heheh. Our leader, hm?

I turned towards the retriever, promptly ignoring the other men to their business. “I believe there’s not much more to see here, eh?” I grinned, the tip of my broadsword grazing the earth. One moment I appeared, certainly, strong and steadfast… until, without warning, I suddenly stumbled in place.

Ala’e…

Don’t you dare collapse now! Are you this weak?
    "Dance with me through wildfire and fill your heart with burning ire. Unto the graves we have endeavored, let us give our souls forever. I'll hold you fast throughout the night, until our gods leave our sight."

GP

Name
    Teefa Kalestiya 'o Riviera
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'7" ~ 125 Lb.
    Job
    Physician / Healer

View Profile
    As the sounds of skirmishing men suddenly came to a halt, Teefa looked up. It appeared that her plea made them come to their senses after all. She ceased her quiet sobbing and wiped away her tears. The pale man got her attention first since he was closest. He didn’t look so good and stumbled to his knees. Looking at Teefa, he told her quietly that he regretted things didn’t work out as he had hoped.

With the pale man’s strength visibly waning, Teefa felt compelled to help him.

“Please, can someone just cut me loose? I won’t go anywhere, but this man here is in need of help. If you will let me, I will tend to him and we can settle our disputes afterwards –please?”

The look in Teefa’s eyes conveyed her sincerity and her words were honest to both the trained and untrained ear.

The Retriever, realizing he was outnumbered, calculated the situation. If he was to establish whether he was wrong or right about the girl, he would have to avoid further confrontation and retreat so that he could try to acquire his target when conditions were more favorable.

Holding out his hands, motioning for everyone to stay calm -especially the black haired man, he took slow and careful steps towards Teefa. Crouching down at her legs, he finally removed the bola.

“Thank you” Teefa said in her soft voice as she rose up “I thank all of you.”

Walking somewhat unsteadily as the blood in her legs began circulating again; she moved over to the crouched down, pale man and placed her hand on his back. After a few seconds a warm glow emitted from her hand as she was channeling her healing powers.

“I will give you some of my life’s energy” she whispered to Xzia “you will feel better in a few seconds. Just act like you are still exhausted when I am done” she added, implying to keep the ruse going.

Everyone stood motionless, watching and probably wondering what Teefa was doing.

Teefa concealed the emitting light from her hand as much as possible from the others, as the spell was taking its effect; she began to feel weary –as always when using her powers.

A deep thought invaded her mind.

I never realized that my actions would endanger the lives of others. If someone were to die because of me, I would never forgive myself… Oh if only today was just a bad dream… Then--

---
    (I started writing my part before you put up your post, Vasiner. In effect, I could only make a small change in this part, but I'll be sure to put up something that involves you more in my next part ^^)
    Last edited by Squ; 01-28-08 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Grammar corrections.

GP

Name
    Xzia Chaosblade
    Race
    Neon
    Hair Color
    Purist silver
    Eye Color
    Bright ice blue
    Build
    185 cm/120 Ib
    Job
    Gem enchantor

Tilting his head towards Teefa, Xzia smiled "i sure am an annoyance to you. if my count is right this is the fith time you've kept me going." he joked, attempting to not only lighten the mood but keep the guise in motion. as energy seemed to return to him he straightened up. turning his whole body to face Teefa.

"not once have I really shown my gratitude, and for that I'm sorry." as Xzia said that he moved himself closer to Teefa, placing his hand on the one that healed him and moving his other over her shoulder and his head followed suit, making sure his arm covered his much he whispered to Teefa with his eyes closed. "I wouldn't use your abilities, remember, your not you.......Oh, It's Xzia by the way, Xzia Chaosblade."

Keeping close but slowly parting from the hug that to his race showed great appreciation, affection or respect towards someone.

There is still a chance i can help at least one person, Though of a "lesser race" i will do my best, they show no prejudiced against me, i shall return in kind. thought Xzia to himself, his eyes quickly scanning over all in the gathered group and finally resting on Teefa. an unintentional smile came to his face. raised to hate the lesser races, he found it funny to be so close to one.

(I shouldent have killed my gem off. I could have a longer post)
    _________
    _________
    _________

GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'7" ~ 125 Lb.
    Job
    Physician / Healer

View Profile
    Taking her time to gather her thoughts, Teefa slowly inhaled and exhaled breaths of air, her eyes were half closed. Although feeling weak, she was glad to see that Xzia was revitalized.

“It’s alright… I don’t… care about myself when others are hurt…” Teefa whispered to Xzia, she forced the words between her breathing. Staggering, she grabbed hold of his arm, preventing herself from falling on the ground.

The Retriever who caught a glimpse of what just happened, narrowed his eyes, and without anyone noticing, a sly smirk appeared on his face. As thoughts crossed his mind, he nodded for himself.

“I’m sure you people can handle the rest of your issues among yourselves. As for me, I have no more reason to be here so I’ll be on my way” the Retriever said while strapping his weapons back onto his belt. He didn’t look anyone in the eye but turned around and started walking away.

“Wait!” Teefa shouted, still holding on to Xzia for support.

“What is it?” the Retriever asked as he halted, looking over his shoulder.

“Thank you….”

Everyone shifted their eyes over to the Retriever, expecting him say something or at least nod to her, instead, he just stood still for a moment before he continued to walk away.

Teefa lowered her head, dominated by fatigue. Her hand was now on Xzia’s shoulder as she strained herself to keep straight. She sure could use some rest, and from the looks of it, so did the other men, especially the black haired man with the big sword.

“I- I’m… very grateful…” Teefa barely managed to utter her words of thanks to the other strangers that had come to help her. “You have… my… sincerest—“

Xzia quickly caught Teefa in his arms as she had finally fallen unconscious.

Feed The Machine
    GP
    Galyl found himself utterly baffled at the recent turn of events. The beautiful maiden that’d captured his heart possessed extraordinary healing powers, in which she used to save the life of the person who he thought was the leader of the two assailants. Yet the only fellow that sought to do harm to the woman apparently, was the large man the tribal markings. “And he just….leaves?” It was all astoundingly suspicious as far as the Galoriand Bladesinger was concerned. No mercenary simply left his marked target in the manner that this individual did.

Shifting eyes toward Royal, Galyl could see that the look on his comrade’s face showed that he carried the same sentiments. Neither of the soldiers though said a word to one another about it.

“Milady, I want to apologize for my previous behavior,” The peculiar elf turned his attention to the woman and kneeled before her to meet her at eye level. She didn’t look well as her last ditch effort to save the pale faced man seemed to have sapped a considerable amount of energy from her. Yet before the woman could respond, she fell unconscious. Galyl grasped her hand gently in spite of this. His heart thumped harder.

Lifting his head and setting his sights on the man that'd she just saved moments ago, a friendly smile crept upon his face. “My name is…Galyl Galoriand and that gentlemen way over there is Royal Halberd. We are Bladesingers from the land of Raiaera. If there is anything that we can do to help you, please let us know.”

Now turning and eye over to the black haired mercenary whom both he and Royal wrongly accused, the olive haired soldier sighed, rose up, and walked over to him. Motioning for Halberd to come along as well, Galyl extended his hand and nudged Royal to do the same. “We also owe and apology to you. We thought that you were an assailant. Such a mistake is uncharacteristic of Bladesingers which is why we offer a hand of friendship.”

The two warriors kept their hands extended, hoping that the mercenary would forgive their mistake.
    Last edited by Feed The Machine; 01-27-08 at 12:56 AM.

GP

Name
    Xzia Chaosblade
    Race
    Neon
    Hair Color
    Purist silver
    Eye Color
    Bright ice blue
    Build
    185 cm/120 Ib
    Job
    Gem enchantor

taken a moment, he shifted Teefa into a position that freed one of Xzia's hands. Reaching to his blade, he removed the enchanted gem and simply placed it on here forehead, the gem gave her a brief silver glow before taking effect, making her as light as air. "I hope you don't mind." Xzia smiled, talking to himself.

With his blades enchant he easily carried Teefa, he took only a few paces forward before crouching back to the ground picking up a small rock, in his hand it turned to a gem similar to the one he had just placed on Teefa, Xzia placed the gem just below the other, both gems staying attached at any angle.

"Where is the closest place i can lay her to rest?" he said as he rose up, his eyes passing Royal and Vasiner. Delicately he held Teefa comfortable. though she didn't realize what was happening he was still doing his best as if she were awake. Dispite his lack of aggression towards them, Galyl seemed invisible to Xzia. His eyes began to look for the closest place, as he focused in on sounds his long strong ears had heard. waiting for the other "two" to reply.
    _________
    _________
    _________

EXP: 162, Level: 1
    Level completed: 9%, EXP required for next level: 1,838
    Level completed: 9%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,838
    GP

Name
    Ele'a Vasiner Ra' Ala'e
    Race
    Ele'a
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green...
    Build
    6' 0"
    Job
    Mercenary

You are embarrassing! my Ala’e raged at me, distracting me even further from focusing on what was going on. Can’t you even stand up straight! What’s wrong with you! Can’t you handle even one spirit surge? Weakling!

I attempted to regain my composure, sheathing my sword with as much energy as I could muster even as the lady was freed by her apparent hunter. And though she fell unconscious moments after, she was now safely in the presence of a trustworthy protector. That pale man with the blue eyes… and, I guess, the other two who had suddenly appeared. At least there was one good thing that had come out of this mess.

I found myself staring at the two outstretched hands of the aforementioned two. Finally an understanding of sorts. Yet my arm felt heavy even as I tried to raise it.

Don’t be pathetic – you know what? Handle it yourself! You’ve got to learn to take care of your own damn body!

The sharpness of my vision fell into a blur of indistinguishable colors in the same instant that my Ala’e’s black eyes collapsed into my usual green. I couldn’t even see the offered hands anymore. I withdrew mine and dug into my tunic, flicking open my glasses. My eyesight improved only slightly when I settled them over my nose.

“Friendship… yeah… sounds good,” I mumbled. I winced. My voice, much higher than my Ala’e’s deep tone, probably wasn’t so “mercenary” anymore. “Can you… can you… just leave me alone…? I want to… sleep…”

I fell over.

Yeah, you go and do that. Sweet dreams, Ele’a.
    "Dance with me through wildfire and fill your heart with burning ire. Unto the graves we have endeavored, let us give our souls forever. I'll hold you fast throughout the night, until our gods leave our sight."

GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'7" ~ 125 Lb.
    Job
    Physician / Healer

View Profile
    Having found a secluded spot, the Retriever rested himself against the trunk of a tree. Leaning back, he rubbed his forehead. There’s no doubt in my mind. That was the ‘o Riviera girl. He stared as he conjured up a plan to capture his target. I can already see the rewards once I deliver her to the syndicate.

A memory flashed through his mind.

“Her name is Teefa Kalestiya 'o Riviera, and yes you heard it right: Marcellus' daughter.”

“I guess it figures; a rich and spoiled kid with parents too caught up in their business to keep her in check.”

“Her motives for running away actually had something to do with an arranged marriage; something Marcellus and his wife cooked up in order to get more leverage into the upper classes. A silly plan if you ask me. Anyway, it wouldn’t have been such an interesting contract if it weren’t for the fact that she is… special.”

“Special?”

“Yes, special. There are some that have a particular interest in this girl and therefore it is of the utmost importance that you succeed in tracking her down and bring her to us.”

“Understood”

“Capture her by any means necessary but do make sure she stays alive… oh and Ghunter..."

“Yes?”

“I’ve sent the others as well; I thought I should let you know.”

“I see… That’s a lot of resources for just one girl. It just seems a little--”

“This isn’t your ordinary run-of-the-mill target we’re talking about here. Retrieving her has top priority.”

“Very well. I will find this ‘o Riviera girl and deliver her here as soon as possible. Are there any leads on her last whereabouts?

“None whatsoever, but I’m sure you’ll manage to find out something, as you always do.”

Rising from the ground, the Retriever known as Ghunter cracked his neck and knuckles. “Right, miss ‘o Riviera, it looks like I found you first, and you’re not getting away from me sweetheart” he said to himself “I’ll just trail you long enough until you’re all alone, and then—“

Ghunter slapped his hands together as if he caught a bug.

Unaware that she was being tended to by the people who saved her, Teefa was still lying unconscious. Xzia held on to her while asking the others where to lay her to rest. The ones who had introduced themselves as Galyl and Royal were busy offering their apologies to the black haired man who –just like Teefa- succumbed to his fatigue.

With two people in need of some serious rest, it became apparent that going to the nearest town would be the best idea, the nearest being the port town of Scara Brea.
    Last edited by Squ; 02-06-08 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Made some changes to dialogue.

GP

Name
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'7" ~ 125 Lb.
    Job
    Physician / Healer

View Profile
    (Making a bit of a jump, hoping everyone is okay with it. I’ll just assume that everyone or at least some of you stayed together. This is an opportunity to either wrap up your part or continue on with me).
    =-=

Sunlight of the late afternoon shone with an orange glow through the window of a small room. From outside, various sounds and voices of traders and dockworkers could be heard. As the wooden ceiling blurred into vision, Teefa’s thoughts began to gather. Lying still, she blinked her eyes a couple of times, not fully aware she was in a room yet. With everything falling into place, she quickly sat up straight and peered around the room.

Where am I? Why am I here? The last thing I can remember—

Teefa reconstructed the events in her mind and as she did, she slowly realized that she must’ve passed out at some point and that someone must’ve brought her here. Looking around one more time to make sure nobody was in the room with her, she shifted her body to sit on the edge of the bed. A brief moan escaped her lips. Carefully moving her arm, she noticed that someone had bandaged it.

In the corner of the room there was a small wooden chair against which her staff was resting. Her other possessions were neatly stacked on the chair itself, including her dress –washed and folded together. Teefa blushed when she came to realize that she was only in her underwear and that someone had to have seen her like this. Worried that anyone might come in through the door, she quickly got herself decent. Just as she tied the ribbon of her belt, a knock sounded on the door.

“Who is it?” Teefa asked in her startled moment, turning to face to door.
    Last edited by Squ; 01-30-08 at 06:08 AM.

GP

Name
    Xzia Chaosblade
    Race
    Neon
    Hair Color
    Purist silver
    Eye Color
    Bright ice blue
    Build
    185 cm/120 Ib
    Job
    Gem enchantor

"finally up i see" Xzia remarked in a polite fashion. "don't push yourself too hard, you wasted alot of energy back then." he added standing still waiting for a reply. He was the one that carried her, with the eventual help of the others he was directed to this place. he didn't feel right just leaving and didn't intend to any time soon.

As he waited he stretched his body wide. His upper garments were being drying after recently being washed, leaving him topless but he still wore his gloves boots and trousers. Teefa's rest had given him time to re enchant his gems, his gloves for summoning weapons, his forehead to keep his hair in place, his chest to magically protect his clothes. The runes all around his body appeared to surge as his power re configured throughout him.

Since there arrival he had not had a moments rest, on edge at all times, he suspected something wasn't right and took it upon himself to keep watch. using his own coin to pay for rooms in a moderate inn he took it for granted, he had found them close to his crash site and thought to enchant the mineral at a later time. he began to pace around quietly thinking to himself of the possibilities of the hunter escaping.

If he went in such a manor he is sure to return, maybe with others and then i don't know if i can help.

he looked at the door

why do i feel a strange attachment to this 'Lesser' being, i feel a need to protect them.

he breathed heavily as if letting his swirling thoughts flow free. "gah" he muttered to himself unable to stop the rush of thinking, he stood simply staring at the door.
    Last edited by ANGELxZER0; 01-30-08 at 12:32 PM.
    _________
    _________
    _________

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast