Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Conquest Trials FAQ

FAQ

What is The Conquest Trials? The Conquest Trials is a tournament, where instead of having characters compete as individuals, characters compete as teams based on their PG affiliation. While the specifics of team eligibility will be covered subsequently, the basics are that a team will consist of four members, a singles competitor, a two man team and a Gisela competition. Two teams will face off, and the team that wins the most battles (with each battle counting equally) is victorious. The winners of the tournament will receive individual rewards, in addition to the right to establish a Headquarters.

Who is eligible? Only registered PGs are allowed to participate. In order to allow heretofore secret or unofficial PGs a chance to register, any registered PG may participate, even if they are not registered as of this posting. PGs may have as many teams as they choose, but PG members that commit to a team must remain on that team, even if their team is eliminated from the competition. However, teams must have four members, all of which have to be registered characters, in order to compete. Multiples are not allowed on the same team.

Are multiples allowed? Yes, but for the sake of preventing self battles, players must compete in two different events. For example, if Call me J is a singles competitor, Molotov must be in the two man team or the Gisela battle. As such, players are allowed a total of 3 characters. Also, multiples must compete for different PGs.

Are their substitutions? Between rounds, yes. Team members can switch positions, for example, if Call me J is a singles competitor, he can be a Gisela competitor in the next round. Additionally, teams may switch a player out, just so long as the new player coming in has not played on any other team for the PG (and meets all the other requirements). Team captains must post the new roster before the new round starts. Players that were substituted out in an earlier round can rejoin, but only under the condition that he or she rejoins the same team.

How do I register? You post in the registration with the following information. 1) The name of the PG. 2) The Team Name- Since PGs can have multiple teams, a team name may become necessary to distinguish them. 3) The list of players and their positions for the first round. 4) A team captain. If this isn’t listed, I will assume the poster is the team captain. The team captain will be the only one that can post substitutions.

What are the rewards for this tournament? Here they are.

Where will the armies be posted? In a thread in this forum that will be created at the same time as registration. Only players listed as Army competitors can post there. Army sizes will be a bit smaller than Gisela, reflecting the lesser number of rounds in this tournament, and will have max caps of 500 people.

How do we pick our team and team captain? Those decisions will be left to you. I encourage you to think strategically about the matter and pick a team captain who is going to be active.

What are the rewards? Every team that participates and completes ten posts in all three battles will receive bonuses for their PG. However, the bonuses for completing ten posts in all three battles increase based on the round. Members of the first three teams will be rewarded. Players who substituted in and out will also be rewarded, but the rewards will be cut proportionately based on the number of rounds served. A complete list of rewards will be posted later.

I have a question not answered here, can I ask it somewhere? Yes, in this thread.

When can I register my army? If your team is registered, go ahead and register it.
    Last edited by Call me J; 02-20-08 at 10:48 AM.

Do the team members have to be "officially" in the PG? For example, if there was a PG named Shinra SOLDIERS who called for 200 GP and the soul of your firstborn for admission, could they have Kellen Winslow fight their One man battle with a "waived" admission fee and then kick him out after they win/get their butts handed to them?

What's to stop four of the best RPers on Althanas from making a PG, entering the tournament, kicking everyone's butts and then immediately disbanding, thus nullifying the grand prize? That would suck for everyone who's serious about this.

Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?

Do you know my name?
    EXP: 38,033, Level: 7
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 5,967
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,967
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolic View Post
    Do the team members have to be "officially" in the PG? For example, if there was a PG named Shinra SOLDIERS who called for 200 GP and the soul of your firstborn for admission, could they have Kellen Winslow fight their One man battle with a "waived" admission fee and then kick him out after they win/get their butts handed to them?
    Yes, people need to be officially part of a PG. However, the answer to your question gets more complicated when we think about it in practice. In general, I'm inclined to take people's word for it, unless there is an egregious violation.

What's to stop four of the best RPers on Althanas from making a PG, entering the tournament, kicking everyone's butts and then immediately disbanding, thus nullifying the grand prize? That would suck for everyone who's serious about this.
    The majority of the payoffs in this tournament benefit PGs. As such, there is limited incentive. Though again, theoretically, there is no reason a group of RPers couldn't start a PG for this purpose.

Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?
    Zombie

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    How do the Gisela battles work? What is the number of troops used? Are the troops revived between rounds? Here's a fun suggestion you may consider: a player cannot participate in consecutive types of battles. This means if Dirks does a Gisela type battle during round one, he cannot do the same thing for round two (assuming he advances, of course). This might mix it up and allow everyone to experience something new.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Do you know my name?
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

The specs on the army troops will be posted in a separate registration for people to register their armies.

EXP: 38,568, Level: 8
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 5,432
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,432
    GP

Name
    Arphenion De Lecuyer
    Race
    Half-Elf (Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5ft 6in / 130lbs
    Job
    Tap-touched Mage

View Profile
    Uhh... how are the rounds going to work? Like, is the first round the 1v1's, the second the 2v2's and so on?

Or are there going to be multiple rounds for the 1v1... and then multiple rounds for each other competition?

EXP: 53,319, Level: 9
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next level: 681
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next level: 681
    GP

Name
    Molotov
    Race
    Mutant
    Hair Color
    changes
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11, skinny.
    Job
    scientist

View Profile
    For those who don't know, this is Call me J on a different account.

All events will take place in all rounds. For each team, there will be three threads going concurrently.
    Molotov is not a sports entertainer.

The Paper Molotov Saga
    -as told by Mara Jade
    [1]The Beginning of the Fall. [2]The Chimera. [3]On Broken Hearts. [4]Leftover Emotion. [5]Minnows.

EXP: 3,312, Level: 2
    Level completed: 44%, EXP required for next level: 1,688
    Level completed: 44%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,688
    GP

Name
    Alberdyne Cormyr
    Race
    Psionic/Demon Slayer/Tamer
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'5"/200lbs
    Job
    Demon Slayer

View Profile
    When do those of us participating in the Gisela style event register our armies?
    ~Level 2~

~Level 1~

~Level 0~

I am no Hero.-Saying

You see enough shit in the world to become broken yourself.-Saying

Do you know my name?
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=12212

You may register your army as soon as your team is registered. You must be registered before you post in your first battle.

EXP: 38,568, Level: 8
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 5,432
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,432
    GP

Name
    Arphenion De Lecuyer
    Race
    Half-Elf (Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5ft 6in / 130lbs
    Job
    Tap-touched Mage

View Profile
    Is there any way we can register the army through the PM system? It is not necessarily a concern, per say, but I don't like the idea of putting it up first and having everyone and their mother find a way to counter each unit created... simply not really fair...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast