Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Pale Green
    Build
    5'10"/172lbs.
    Job
    Do-gooder

There's a thought a brewin'!

Yeah, I was wondering if there was going to be another Regions Contest coming up any time soon? Becuase, I've been thinking of a region/'stand-alone city' for the past couple weeks that would tie in essentially to a PG I'm also thinking up, and I didn't know whether to wait for a Regions contest or just ask a mod if it could be placed in the world.

So, I'm just wondering which it would be?
    Current Threads:
    Kindred Blades

Finished Threads:
    Into and Out of Hiding (60)
    The Inn-Keeper's Daughter (50)
    A second venture into the Citadel (55)

W/L/D
    0/1/0

'I am dying.

Every day, with every breath I draw, I am closer to the end of my life. For we are born with a finite number of breaths, and each one I take edges the sunlight that is my life toward the inevitable dusk.'

-- Drizzt Do’Urden

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    Regions contests just result in unused regions that end up deleted months later... I'd try talking to a mod and see if they like it, then they'd have to go through the mod staff I suppose though.

Either way it's going to be a hassle, mostly due to the fact that regions created aren't normally rped in. We have slow activity as it is in the already established ones

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    You are more than welcome to play your city/region in Other Regions and open a thread to toss your information on it in the RPC so that other people have the information to use it!

I seriously doubt we will see a Regions Contest in the near future, but don't let that stop you from implementing your idea into your story and sharing the information with others for their use. That is, after all, why we have Other Regions to begin with!
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

EXP: 73,853, Level: 11
    Level completed: 74%, EXP required for next level: 3,147
    Level completed: 74%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,147
    GP

Name
    Lillian Sesthal
    Race
    Apparently Human
    Hair Color
    Silky Black
    Eye Color
    Eerie Blue
    Build
    5'7" / ?? lbs.

Just to further this discussion along, is it possible to have a small region be affiliated with one of those already existing, like Akashima is to Corone?

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    EXP: 55,856, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 9,144
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,144
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

The short answer to all of people's questions about adding regions is no. All of the major work being done right now, mainly through the FQ, is to build up interest in the regions that Althanas already has. As the FQ seems to be more or less succeeding on those grounds, I am leery of adding another region to distract from such interest. Our player base is only so large. If I did add a region, it would likely not be added through any sort of contest.

Please understand that I'm not trying to be mean or stingy--I'm all for expanding the geographic scope of Althanas when it seems appropriate. But everyone can't be a region writer. Everyone can't have their own region. And unfortunately most everyone has ideas for a region, if not several. The numbers just don't work out. The job of the regions staff is to make the regions interesting and active--not to placate people by adding on regions whenever someone has an idea they like. Right now, I feel like adding a new region would not be conducive to making the regions we already have more viable and interesting.

Honestly, here would be the best way to get me to consider a proposal for adding a new region: Play your region in Other Regions and get other people involved and interested for a sustained period of time. Get people who you don't normally role-play with to play in it of their own initiative. If I saw interest like that, I'd surely reconsider.

Also, Ataraxis, I generally frown on those ideas for the same reasons. But if you can get the region writer and myself to agree to it, then it's acceptable. Basically, my main worry is that someone uses it as a back door mechanism of sneaking their own region into Althanas when other people are trying to do it on the up-and-up.
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China Miéville

Former Regions Administrator, Former Salvar Writer

GP

Name
    Anenfel Saendithas
    Race
    Half-Elf
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Pale Green
    Build
    5'10"/172lbs.
    Job
    Do-gooder

Well, it wouldn't technically be a region, but a city. The only reason I said region to begin with, was because it has it's own culture, and is very diverse and secluded from the rest of Althanas, or at least was. But not for long. I'm sure that doesn't change anything, but I thought I'd add that little detail.
    Current Threads:
    Kindred Blades

Finished Threads:
    Into and Out of Hiding (60)
    The Inn-Keeper's Daughter (50)
    A second venture into the Citadel (55)

W/L/D
    0/1/0

'I am dying.

Every day, with every breath I draw, I am closer to the end of my life. For we are born with a finite number of breaths, and each one I take edges the sunlight that is my life toward the inevitable dusk.'

-- Drizzt Do’Urden