Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile

Hierarch Arenas

Each member of the Dajas Pagoda has an arena unique to themselves, set up by the Ai Bron monks. They are completely customizable. While hazards are fair game, unavoidable dangers are not. The vast majority of fighters must be able to survive in the arena. A field covered entirely with lava, for example, would not be allowed, since the majority of players cannot fly and are not immune to fire.

These arenas are public knowledge, and are to be posted here for all to see.

A hierarch may change his or her arena every month, subject to Pagoda mod approval. All arenas are subject to approval, as well. Simply follow the rules above, and you will have no problems.

Should a hierarch be unseated, their post here will be soft deleted until such time that they return (or they may request that their old arena be left deleted and set up a new one), and the new hierarch must submit their own arena.

The following hierarchs still need to submit their arenas:

Warriors-
    Dra
    Liquid Ice

Masters-
    Zerith

Grandmaster-
    Last edited by Zook Murnig; 04-16-08 at 08:44 AM.
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

Recently Finished Threads
    Through Forge and Flame (Solo, 77)
    The Rubric: Remeberin Garthabel (1)
    The Memory Man (Closed to Ataraxis, Twylith, and Chucklecut, 68)
    The Fated Embrace (Closed to Vortimo, NSFW, 51)

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    Breaker's arena is quite simple. A small island barely visible from the coast of Scara Brae. The outer part of the island is a sandy beach, while the vast majority of it is dominated by a dense jungle. A network of paths run through the jungle but they are unkept and overgrown, often leading to dead ends. Birds and insects are the only creatures on the island, aside from the combattants. Once a challenger arrives they will not be allowed to leave until they or Josh is defeated.

An enchanted rowboat delivers challengers to the arena. If the challenger is victorious, yields, or is knocked unconscious they may return by the same route. Otherwise their body is retrieved and revived by the Ai'Bron monks.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    EXP: 9,299, Level: 4
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 4,701
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,701
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    Approved.
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

GP

Name
    Brother
    Race
    Warforged
    Eye Color
    Glowing Green
    Build
    6'3 // About 300 lb.
    Job
    Knight of the Silver Flame

Brother's arena is a church dedicated to his god, the Silver Flame. It is a simple building of wood and stone, though wrought iron was incorporated in its construction. There are rows of pews with unique iron flourishes on the backs and ends of each. At the focus of the place is the preacher's pulpit and a stained glass window. The glass depicts a beautiful ember of silver with three figures inside it: an armored woman and a colorful feathery-winged serpent smiting a great and terrible demon. Combatants may enter and leave as they please, though premature exit of the grounds means forfeit.
    Last edited by Zook Murnig; 04-13-08 at 01:09 PM.
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times." -Pearl S. Buck

"The highest priests of my own religion dictate that I cannot exist. Even worse, they say I and my kind are without souls. But do I not feel?" -Brother, Monk of the Silver Flame

PM me on the account Zook Murnig, with the subject line "Brother". I do not lurk on this account.

Throbbing Member
    EXP: 101,041, Level: 13
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 2,959
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,959
    GP

Name
    Godhand Striker
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Prematurely Gray
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"/205lbs
    Job
    Wine collector

Godhand's arena is comparable to a large colosseum. At the center is a twenty by twenty ring. It is composed of an elevated steel beam and wood plank stage covered by foam padding and a canvas mat, with the sides then covered with a "skirt" to prevent spectators from seeing underneath. Around the ring are three cables (the ring ropes) wrapped in tape and rubber hosing, which are held up by turnbuckles. The ring includes an "apron" area of the ring floor, extending between one and two feet beyond the ropes; the ring floor is four feet above the ground.

Under the ring is a large coil spring, designed to reduce the impact of a person landing on it. The type under Godhand's particular ring utilizes a "soft" spring, which provides a gentler blow at the expense of a fighter bouncing visibly upon impact. Getting bounced off it is still painful, however, and a strong enough impact can still incapacitate an opponent.

Hidden under the ring are several tables and foreign objects. These are up to the writer to decide, but keep in mind that there are no bladed weapons beneath the ring. It's mostly steel folding chairs, barbed wire bats, and the ocassional sledgehammer. Around the ring, and behind the guardrail, are escalating rows of chairs for spectators to sit in.

The entry is a composed of an archway and a runway. Placed next to it is a band with powerful amplified instruments, capable of blasting a fighter's "entrance" music to all the corners of the arena.
    Last edited by Godhand; 04-11-08 at 10:21 PM.
    "I almost shook his hand but then I remembered I killed a man."
    -Camus, The Stranger

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
    -Denis Diderot

"But I can smile...And I can smile while I kill..."
    -King Ricardo

"I know this is going to sound like a joke but I am deadly serious: I didn't know it was jubilee week."
    -Johnny Rotten

Meet Mr. Man/My Inventory/Almost Great

EXP: 58,871, Level: 10
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 6,129
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,129
    GP

Name
    Dan Lagh'ratham
    Race
    Rock guy
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Ice Blue/Gray
    Build
    6'4"/215lbs
    Job
    Slayer

Dan Lagh'ratham's arena is strange to say the least. A challenger entering it would find themselves in a space impossibly large for the Pagoda holding it. An overcast winter day with little color to it, the challenger finds himself on the top of a hill overlooking a sprawling steel mill. It appears to still be in working in order; smoke constantly spills from it's tall chimneys. At times, they may find themselves closer to the mill; nevertheless, the trip to it is short.

Upon entering the building, thick dark metal bars clap shut over the entrance, impossible to move. They will withdraw when the building senses only one remaining heartbeat.

The interior of the building is vastly different from the impression it gives outside. It mirrors an abandoned hospital, crumbling from disuse. The air is thick with dust, the floor is littered with a motley amount of garbage and dried mud; all of the lights are broken. Every corridor is lined with empty rooms, and they all contain odd things; scalpels, broken porcelain dolls, construction equipment, rusted medical equipment. There is only one floor to this section of the building. The door in the west of this wing leads to the second section of the arena, a door marked 'Cafeteria'.

This wing of the arena looks precisely like a slaughterhouse. The concrete floor is heavily stained, and hooks line the ceiling, with the occasional carcass hanging from them. Usually if a body is in the room, it's rotting, and gives off a pungent smell. Much roomier than the hospital, there are only a few rooms to the slaughterhouse, giving a combatant much more maneuverability. As before, there are weapons littered across this portion of the arena; hooks, knives, hammers, and even a pneumatic punch designed to kill cattle quickly and swiftly.
    Bastards never die.

Carpetmuncher
    EXP: 1,354, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 646
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 646
    GP

Name
    Luc Kraus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5' 6'' 145 lbs

Luc's arena is a large, brown wasteland of flat earth with several boulders. There are no walls or ends to the wasteland, it extends forever. There are creases in the earth that water runs through, but they're only about as wide for your foot to fit in.
    Cold, jade eyes that liquify
    eyes that are merciless,
    staring in mute mockery
    and in mockery of the muteness

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    All above arenas are approved, with the exception of Brother's. Brother's arena needs to be approved by another mod, since it's my character.
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

EXP: 75,644, Level: 11
    Level completed: 89%, EXP required for next level: 1,356
    Level completed: 89%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,356
    GP

Name
    Teric 'Bloodrose' Barton
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Grey
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0" / 183 lbs

View Profile
    Teric's arena is a hastily constructed pallisade wall surrounding a dirt fighting ring with a radius of forty feet. Buillt up along the walls and rising in grandstands are a half dozen rows of bleachers designed to allow the people of Scara Brae to come and spectate.

There is one gate at the North end of the ring to allow fighters to enter and leave, but other than that the wall is uninterrupted. For all intensive purposes the arena is simple and straightforward, just like it's master.

Making the arena unique however, is the fact that it sits outside the Pagoda itself. There is nothing magical or enchanted about the place - a fact that Teric enjoys to the fullest - and the materials surrounding the combatants are real and tangible.
    Completed Battle Record: 11-1-0

Highest Scores:
    The Company: Stomping Grounds (81)
    A Winter Long Ago... (80)
    Mortal Intervention (79)

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    Bloodrose's arena is approved.
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast