Job
    Manipulation of Your Mind

Brother's arena hath been approved!
    Dying to himself, - Level 1/2
    Led to a new creation. Level 3
    The form remained - Level 4
    The foundation was rebuilt - Level 5
    The House rebuilt. - Level 6

2015 - 1/2 of Adventurer's Crown Round 2 Guest Team w/ Max Dirks, Althy Day Superlatives: Character - Best Personality, Writer - Hardest Worker
    2016 - 1/2 of Best IC Partners w/ Max Dirks, Mr. Althanas

{Record keeping for me: A Talymer longbow with 40 enchanted arrows purchased here,
    a box of cakes/muffins given here,
    Fools Rush In earned here,
    Dreamer's Helm earned here,
    Might of Moxxilus earned here,
    Sloth purchased here.
    }

GP

Name
    Monica
    Race
    Catgirl
    Hair Color
    Silver-white
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5'-1" / 105 Lbs
    Job
    Excess gold liberation agent

Christoph approved my arena before I started using it, but here it is for the masses. Yo.

Monica's arena is a place that wreaks havoc with gravity. The floor and ceiling have independent gravity sources so one could stand on the floor and look up at someone standing on the ceiling looking up at someone on the floor. Chunks of the ground, all large enough to stand comfortably on and some large enough to fight on, have dislodged from the floor and ceiling and float vertically between the two. (SQUISH hazard) Gravity is also subjective on these landmasses, so you can walk from the top side to the bottom without falling off unless you jump, then you are subject to the gravity of what "floor" you are closer to--ceiling or ground. Oh, the ground on the floor and ceiling is also covered in luminous psychedelic grass.

In the middle of the arena floating between both halves is a tree growing from the center out in every direction. Branches are large enough to easily stand and run along, and each branch has its own gravity so you can stand on any of them safely at any angle.

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    EXP: 9,299, Level: 4
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 4,701
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,701
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    HikariAngel's arena is (re-)approved!
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

Recently Finished Threads
    Through Forge and Flame (Solo, 77)
    The Rubric: Remeberin Garthabel (1)
    The Memory Man (Closed to Ataraxis, Twylith, and Chucklecut, 68)
    The Fated Embrace (Closed to Vortimo, NSFW, 51)

GP

Name
    Jack "Jobe" Barrett
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Rusty Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5''11/210 lbs.
    Job
    Hitman

Setting: Three-Story Warehouse surrounded by twelve yards of barren land.

Floor Plan of Warehouse

Description:

-Outside-

Jack's arena is as deadly as it is meticulous. When entering the arena, every opponent will begin at the entrance of the warehouse which is, in fact, at the gated mesh fence more than twelve yards away from the heavy iron door leading into the huge, carefully constructed building. Unless a person is able to fly, teleport, or find a method of travel they could use to avoid the barren landscape covered in rolls of barbed wire and pitted with fox holes and traps they must navigate what Jobe nicknamed 'No Man's Land'. Splayed across the virtual, barren war zone are numerous traps that have been carefully placed before the battle (Traps are randomly moved every battle to make it harder for opponents to become 'familiar' with their locations should they battle Jack consecutively, but the more dangerous traps will tend be located in fixed locations), and the traps are as numerous as they are unpredictable. From one side of the landscape there might be pressure plates or pitfalls, while at the other side there are quagmires or quick sand.

Should the opponent make it through the field, whatever they may be, they will find themselves at the only entrance to the warehouse; the front door. At the front door, opponents will see the heavy, steel double doors that are the only thing keeping them from the inside of the warehouse. Unless the opponent chooses to scale the sheer walls to the only open window on the third floor or to even the roof, most opponents will encounter the trick lock at the door. Appearing as if it is unlocked, the knob mimics being jammed when really all that must be done is to jerk the knob upwards to trip the lock, which acts more or less like a warning call to Jobe who waits within.

-First Floor-

Once inside, opponents will notice that the first floor looks like a typical interior to a warehouse. A large cavernous interior, thousands upon thousands of wooden, steel, and iron boxes that dwarf most in size lay stacked on top of each other akin to a labyrinth. Immediately, the opponent will find that one of the many ways to the second floor or even the basement lie through the maze of crates. (Each round, the maze can be restacked and moved to alter routes, dead ends, and ways to other parts of the building. Again, making the arena more unpredictable and harder for repeat opponents to develop a familiarity with the place). Across the sprawling maze lie traps of all kinds, which range from sheer pitfalls to even tripwires that will pull heavy, enormous crates down upon the opponent like a house of cards if they are reckless.

Clever opponents will soon find out that the quickest way through the maze is over, not through, and if they should make it, they will either encounter the second floor or the basement.

-Second Floor-

Once an opponent has navigated through the maze, he should find a spiral staircase leading up to the second floor. With most of the traps an opponent has encountered, they'll be surprised to know that the staircase is usually the only thing upon the first floor that hasn't been trapped. Making the long, harrowing journey to the second floor upon the staircase, opponents will eventually reach the top and into the second floor. Winded by the ascent, opponents will find themselves at the entrance to large concrete room that looks to be completely empty and the only source of light is the entrance on the other side of the room.

But, as is Jobe's mantra, looks can be deceiving. Surveying the entirely room, contenders will notice that the glitter upon the floor is in fact a sea of broken glass littering the floor. To the trained eye, it’s apparent that this glass is harmless, not big or sharp enough to cut or gash those in booted feet, but when stepped upon, the resounding crunch is loud enough to echo off the concrete confines of the room. Once triggered, the exit leading to the first floor will be shut by a slate of steel more than seven inches thick and the entire room acts like a trap will be activated.

With no choice but to move forward, the opponent will quickly find out that the big, heavy concrete tiles that were attached to the ceiling will begin to fall haphazardly to the ground indiscriminately. Should an opponent be fast, they should be able to outrace the falling blocks of concrete which begin at one end of the room and end on the other side (This never changes) and make it to the third floor.

-Third Floor-

Once free of the dangers of the second floor, opponents will find themselves outside again upon a fire escape leading to the third floor, which lies at too far a drop for opponents to reach at the bottom floor. Moving into the third floor, it is acts like the 'attic' of the warehouse. Normally covered by a stable, hardwood floor across the entire level, the third floor and the roof are the only levels upon the warehouse, which unless the second floor has been accessed at any time during the battle, remain un-trapped.

Making up the meat of the floor on the third level, the second level's concrete ceiling was the only thing aside from the network of joints keeping the hardwood floor together. If the second floor trap was activated, most of the floor, with the exception of a few patches and the joints, are very brittle and if stepped upon, can send the opponent for a twelve foot plunge to the concrete ground below. It takes careful navigation to reach the other end of the room without falling through the floor, but it is entirely possible to make it to the roof without falling. This floor is usually where most of the weapon caches are at.

-Roof-

Atop of the warehouse and outside once again, the roof is usually un-trapped. Like that of a conventional, modern-day building's roof, it is a wide space of blacktop surrounded by a raised, concrete wall about two feet high. This is usually where most of the fighting between Jobe and the opponent takes place. There is nothing really special about the place other than the high gusts of wind, the view, and the fall one would take if they were to drop from the roof. Eventually, most opponents will figure out that the purpose of the traps and the trek to the top were all in an effort to exhaust an opponent and make the fight for survival all the more difficult.

-The Basement-

So an opponent doesn't find the second floor entrance upon the first floor. So what? Should an opponent traverse the maze of crates enough, they will eventually come across a crate pile of crates covering the entrance to the storage elevator leading to the basement and to the roof. Unless the generators at the basement which control the fluorescent lights and some of the traps are disabled, the elevator will usually be accessible.

Should an opponent choose to go to the basement, they will immediately find most sound drowned out by the constant, blaring pitch of the generators, even making footsteps fall upon deaf ears. Aside from the mammoth generators that lie within the middle of the basement, the floor is a shadowy maze of narrow turns, chain-linked fences, and shelves lined with boxes full of junk parts and sometimes even weapons. The place makes for an excellent game of cat and mouse and is incredibly hard for one unfamiliar with the environment to take advantage of.

Traps: All traps within the arena at the time of the battle will be listed at the end of Jobe's first post along with the weapon caches to give an opponent an OOC preview of what to expect and to keep either of us from powergaming. Although some traps are permanent, such as the second/third floor, pit falls, and that sort of thing, the rest can be moved and relocated in an effort to keep opponents from developing an IC familiarity with the arena's greatest defense (which would makes the point of traps a moot point otherwise). I'll discuss with my opponent the extent of which these traps can go, but as for the natural ones, such as quagmires and quicksand, they are entirely avoidable and were made to make opponents go into the warehouse.

Once I post the traps that will be used for the arena, since Jack ICly designed this arena and personally moves the traps between each battle, I consider him to have IC knowledge of them which, considering it is his arena, is completely fair.

Weapon Caches: Like traps, I will display the contents of all weapon caches in the beginning of the battle. These weapons can range from anything I've listed at the beginning of the battle, but once listed these will be the ONLY weapons, other than what the characters carry on their person, made available in the arena. All weapon caches were placed by Jack ICly, so he has knowledge of where they are located, just like traps. My only stipulation aside from choosing the weapons is that until Jack possesses a firearm of his own, there will be no firearms of any kind made available in the weapon caches.

IC Knowledge: I've stated throughout my explanation of this arena that I've wanted an opponent's familiarity with this arena to be limited and I've taken measures to prevent it, but that does not mean it is impossible to learn ICly how the arena works (though I trust my opponents not to powergame what I'm about to share). An opponent who does extensive research on Jobe can learn what hes capable of, therefore they can, to some extent, know a bit of what to expect when entering the arena. I trust opponents to do their homework when challenging me just like I do for them, so I don't consider Jobe's IC knowledge of the arena to be unfair at all.

Except for the traps, the weapon caches, and the maze on the first floor, nothing in the arena will change. Not the environment, the building itself, or the landscape around it. This is to prevent me from trying to 'stack' the deck as it were for people challenging me with opponents who need specific environmental conditions for their strengths and weaknesses. When it comes to the landscape and the warehouse themselves, what you see is what you get. There may occasionally be rain, snow, or a hot day, but the arena itself stays fundamentally the same.
    Last edited by Jobe; 05-10-08 at 02:29 PM.
    Jobs:

Enemy of the States - Standby
    Holmes To Dead Men - Standby

"I take my time in a hurry." - Wyatt Earp

"And just maybe you can blow town before the long arm of the law reaches out and grabs you by the gonads." - Derwood Spinks, The X-Files

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Jobe's arena is approved.

GP

Name
    Travis Kiltias
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'10'' / 170 lbs
    Job
    Adventurer, Explorer

Travis' arena is a large forest similar to that of his homeland. The ground slopes gently up as if follows a small stream which meanders through cypresses, pines, oaks, maples, and poplars before turning away from the forest. As the path cuts into the land and away from the water, the ground rises more dramatically, plateauing in a large Clearing nearly forty five feet in diameter.

Several hundred yards to the west is a Cliff which stands nearly sixty feet above our small stream which by now is a raging river.

To the east of the clearing is a section of woods known to Travis as the Roilig. In this area, which encompasses nearly fifteen acres, the ground is covered in ash and the trees are skeletal pines whose blackened trunks rise stoically from the ruined earth. Any who enter here are bound by a fell magick which slowly saps them of their energy. Few remain for very long.

To the north, beyond the clearing, the ground falls quickly in a rolling grade with few trees covering the Hillside. Rocks jut from the ground at odd angles, forcing those navigating this area to tread cautiously. Predatory creatures prowl the hillside, intent on destroying any who set foot in their domain.

Any who make it beyond this hillside to where the ground flattens once again would be rewarded with a field of towering rocks which rise nearly one hundred feet into the sky. Navigating the Pillars of Creation is nearly impossible and many wayward travelers have died of starvation before leaving the stony labyrinth.

Creatures prowling the arena include mriswiths (twisted creatures formed by the thoughts of opponents with ill intent toward Travis), rocs (huge birds circling the Pillars of Creation), Liors (predatory cats found in the Roilig and on the Hillside), and bears (in the forest).
    Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.

My Threads

Travis Kiltias (2) (1) (0)

Other characters: Drizaghar Maena'triel, Brammas Ghistre, and Bhakti'mat Zu'ura

Loremaster
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Approved!

EXP: 49,568, Level: 9
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next level: 4,432
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,432
    GP

Name
    Draug Remi
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Bright yellow surrounded by black
    Build
    6'3 / Muscular

View Profile
    Okay, well, I don't have too many ideas but:

Setting: a 50 cubic foot stone room with a sliding stone door that locks into place when it's closed and unable to be opened from the inside. The walls, floor, and ceiling are a sort of thick, brittle stone that cracks and breaks easily. The only sources of light are two rows of purple fluorescent light attached to the ceiling. Many steel daggers litter the floor, available for use by either competitor.

-Details-

Pre-Assimilation: A constant stream of clear, poisonous gas is pumped into the room through tiny holes in the ceiling. The gas goes through skin and clothing.
    Symptoms - 1st minute > 4th minute: Delusions, hallucinations, and voices.
    5th minute > 10th minute: Blurry vision, itchy skin, feeling of something crawling under your skin, paranoia.
    11th minute > 20th minute: If the battle isn't over within this time frame, both competitors pass out and are immediately taken out of the battle to administer the vaccine. No interference will be made until at least one of the competitors is out of the battle. There is usually coughing, eye rubbing, and restlessness in this stage.

During Assimilation: Same as pre-assimilation, but the arena changes. The brittle stone along the walls and ceiling become alive, turning into slippery stone tentacles that wrap themselves and try to suffocate anything that wanders within four feet of them. The lights become duller and emit a gray light, making the entire arena much less visible. The floor becomes covered in tiny insects, which although do not do anything in particular, produce a crunchy sound upon stepping on them.

Post-Assimilation: Same as pre-assimilation, as in everything reverts to normal. If the fight isn't over by now, it soon will be.

Loremaster
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job

Very nice. And approved, too.

GP

Name
    Jessie / Jessica
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown / Pink
    Eye Color
    Hazel / Red
    Build
    Tall, slim / Short, petit

Jessie's arena is quite simplistic. A large lake just small enough to see across from one horizon to the other marks the center of an inverse island. White sand beaches and dunes roll with the wind, always changing between bouts. The moist strip of sand twenty-feet wide that circles the lake is smooth and flat, almost hard as concrete. The water is warm and inviting and the lake bed has a maximum depth of three feet for at least a mile out toward the center. Once you reach the "shelf" of the bed, the ground drops off into an impossibly deep abyss and a series of rafts that have been lashed together form a floating platform large enough to more than comfortably fight on. In the center of the arena stands a pedestal twenty-yards in diameter and one-hundred yards high. It is impossible to climb, but occasionally a portal will open atop it to admit combatants.
    You should not be here, for this is a place even angels fear to tread.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast