6' 6", 16st
    Job
    Founder of Telgradia

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Letho
    Lucky bastards!
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Letho
    In the end, a deserved trophy for ManU, but if Terry scored, it would've been a deserved trophy for Chelsea as well.
    I'm a Manchester United fan, and a happy one, but I think we were extremely lucky to win this trophy. Sometimes though, luck is what you need.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!
    "Admiration is the emotion furthest away from understanding"

GP

Name
    Descient
    Race
    Darkling
    Hair Color
    N/A
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    2.85 meters, 285lbs.

Smile

Fantastic, i thought the entire match was very entertaining. I completely agree that the ref was pants. I think he made awful decisions for both teams, and kept killing the pace of the match at stupid times from minor touches. Kind of made you feel like footballs going to be a none contact sport if the ref keeps that up.

In my own personal opinion, i think if united had put away those chances in their first half domination, then it was all over. And yes i know Liverpool came back against Milan at 3-0 down that time, but you couldn't help feel at that point it was United all over, i just couldn't see Chelsea scoring enough goals to get back at us. But as it is, that very lucky goal by Lampard gave Chelsea the confidence for the second half and it seemed to have killed United's entire game, as they came out very negative second half. I was very edgey on the second half as Chelsea threatenned us, but once Lampard hit the bar and Drogba hit the post, it got you thinking, is this gonna be fate that united score just before the end? Again?

Ha, maybe not, but we still won and the game was great and right to the wire, can't ask alot more than that. Kinda felt sorry for Terry at the end, he was distraught. But someones got to miss at some point, unfortuantely it was him. And no one cares about Anelka missing, shows why they left him out of the first 5 shooters.

CHAMPIONS!
    It's Descient my dear…and I’m afraid you won’t be returning home…

Battles
    Wins - 2
    Draws - 0
    Loses - 0

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Canen Darkflight View Post
    I'm a Manchester United fan, and a happy one, but I think we were extremely lucky to win this trophy. Sometimes though, luck is what you need.
    Being lucky is becoming somewhat of a habit for Manchester United when it comes to Champions League finals. I remember them also getting got lucky against Bayern in 99/00 with those two goals in additional time. :P But hey, luck is an integral part of the game as well.

I agree with Descient's review of the game. United pretty much controlled the game in the first half, but the equalizer shook them pretty bad. It was a great impact on the morale of the team. I mean, imagine how they felt when they outplayed Chelsea in the first half and all they had to show was a 1-1 score? Must've been a grim couple of minutes in their locker room.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

GP

Name
    Canen Darkflight
    Race
    Khaian
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dull ocean green
    Build
    6' 6", 16st
    Job
    Founder of Telgradia

View Profile
    Ok, now that i've absorbed the impact of winning the Champion's League, i'll provide my review.

The Game:

Firstly, and I said this from the start, we (United) were facing a team in Europe that can honestly and truthfully beat us on any given day. I would not be lying to anyone here if I told you that I would have felt more confident playing Liverpool in the final (yes, I know there is a lot of bollocks flying around about their so called European invincibility, but I don't give a shit, they would have been my preferred choice, even if just to wipe the smile off their faces in front of them).

The thing peole seem to forget is that Chelsea are a very powerful team, physically. Drogba, despite being an overpaid, overgrown fairy face, can easily muscle his way through defenders. Terry is a big lad. Lampard is strong and quick too. Ballack is a prick, but he's big.

The Banter

(On a seperate and unrelated note, there was quite an amusing chant flying round the Fox and Hounds last night where I watched the game. Everytime the german prick fouled or did something stupid, the United faithful started singing to the tune of she'll be coming round the mountain: "There were 5 German Bombers in the air (x5)" followed by "And the English gunner shot one down" / "And the Russian Sniper shot one down" / "And our Welsh Winger shot one down" (When Giggs came on, of course.), followed by chants of "two world wars and one world cup". Petty, I know, but nonetheless amusing.)

The Chances

On the day it turned out prety much the way I expected, minus an extra United goal. Chelsea were going to score at least once. Fitting it was Lampard. But then again there were a number of times where both teams could have gone up three a piece (I reference of course the various woodwork deflections on Chelsea's part, and Petr Cech keeping Carlos Tevez and Carrick at bay. I now see why Letho had him down as the best. Perhaps last night he showed it, too.)

The Penalties:

Ronaldo bottled it, and I knew the moment he hesitated as he usually does that he had done. He waited too long, picked his spot and Cech read it like a book. Sorry, mate, can't win them all, but you should have blasted it down into the right.

Terry was unlucky. If he had scored we would have been out, and I would have had a crap walk home. He lost his footing and miskicked the penalty. Again, gutting for him, but sometimes you know that the name is on the trophy on days where you get luck like that. The miss coupled with their woodwork shots sent that signal to me as Giggs planted his in and Anelka didn't.

The Sending Off

You deserved it, you diving cunt.

All in all...

United should take this season and think "We are a team that was supposed to be for the future, and we are performing well now". Given, again, luck was a huge part of it, but so was the skill, class and determination we showed, as did Chelsea, until the end.

Right, enough of this mature bollocks. I have to text my stepdad to remind him his beloved Chelsea failed epically.
    "Admiration is the emotion furthest away from understanding"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123