Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    I thought the movie was fun. Only two hours, though, and the other Indy Jones movies are around 3, so it could have used more plot development and OOMPH. Not as good as The Last Crusade, but I liked it better than Raiders of the Lost Arc.
    The Karu knows.

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Ha ha ha. Indiana Jones always reminds me of anal sex with my exboyfriend. I need to see this movie.
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

GP

Name
    Tom Carraway
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black, greying
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'10"/169
    Job
    Cigar Afficianado

Right, because the Soviet Union was on our side the whol-....waaait....didn't you help Germany at first? Hey now! You only assisted us once the Germans tried to service you America Prison Love style! And sympathized? That's....great. Yea. We sympathize with your current economic situation. Hmmm? What? It didn't fix anything. Oh well. At least we sympathize right?
    The Soviets and Nazis were never allies. They had a nonaggression pact that Hitler later broke, but they were never allies. Additionally, without the Soviets, it is unlikely that the Allies would have won continental Europe as quickly as they did, and a victory would have definately cost more in terms of lives to the other allied powers. The Soviets also actively joined the allied powers before the US. Not that this is really the central point of the thread, but I just wanted to point this out.

Anyways, I see this from two angles.

1) There are probably the Russian equivalents to the Americans who believe 9-11 was a massive conspiracy by the government, the trilateral commission and China. They will probably see Indiana Jones and think it was real, and actually believe that the communists ran around the United States in 1957 chasing after crystal skulls. I also wonder what Americans might think if there was a popular movie made in Russia (granted, this is a heavy hypothetical) which depicted the US army as doing the same kind of mischief.

2) It's a movie with a far fetched plot. This guy kind of reminds me of Jack Thompson, in that its very clear he hasn't actually seen the movie, all he knows is it has bad guy commies. Only the most ridiculous of people would believe it, and they're the kind that are too busy covering their houses in aluminum foil to worry about voting or anything like that. This reeks of political opportunism at its finest.

EDIT- Also, I should note politically, the communists have roughly as much power in Russia as a third party in the US, so it would be a stretch to say that "Russia" is pissed just because of what the Communists are saying.
    Last edited by Ignition; 05-28-08 at 09:45 AM.
    Power means not having to listen.
    -Karl Deutsch

AlexTheLlamas: Are you Ignition?
    Jack Raynes: Huh?
    AlexTheLlamas: no way in hell is there two people who toss pro wrestling terms around the boards
    Jack Raynes: Not quite.
    AlexTheLlamas: you musta been cloned then

EXP: 75,644, Level: 11
    Level completed: 89%, EXP required for next level: 1,356
    Level completed: 89%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,356
    GP

Name
    Teric 'Bloodrose' Barton
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Grey
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0" / 183 lbs

View Profile
    Just to clear up an important point for anyone still missing a key element of the article (and Homunculus' joke), "Russia" is not pissed. "The Russian Communist Party", a political party that has been in steady decline since the dissolution of the USSR, IS pissed.

They may also be pissed because Crystal Skull opened on 808 screen across Russia, the largest premiere in that country for a US film, and did rather well at the box office there - further signaling that the common Russian movie-goer doesn't give two shits about what ticks off the Communist party...

I saw the movie and enjoyed it. As has been said, not as good as the Last Crusade, but I'd put it on par with Temple of Doom. It FELT like an Indiana Jones movie, and that was the most important part for me.

EDIT: Psuedo-ninja'd by Ignition.
    Last edited by Bloodrose; 05-28-08 at 09:51 AM.
    Completed Battle Record: 11-1-0

Highest Scores:
    The Company: Stomping Grounds (81)
    A Winter Long Ago... (80)
    Mortal Intervention (79)

GP

Name
    Canen Darkflight
    Race
    Khaian
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dull ocean green
    Build
    6' 6", 16st
    Job
    Founder of Telgradia

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrose
    I saw the movie and enjoyed it. As has been said, not as good as the Last Crusade, but I'd put it on par with Temple of Doom. It FELT like an Indiana Jones movie, and that was the most important part for me.
    The money shot. The thing i've been trying with a degree of desperation to highlight to classmates and friends everywhere. It FELT like Indiana Jones. Did Die Hard 4.0 feel like a Die Hard movie in comparison? No. So for me, this made the film.

Word.
    "Admiration is the emotion furthest away from understanding"

GP

Name
    Tom Carraway
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black, greying
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'10"/169
    Job
    Cigar Afficianado

The sword fight between the Ukranian chick and Mudd Williams was the highlight of the movie for me.
    Power means not having to listen.
    -Karl Deutsch

AlexTheLlamas: Are you Ignition?
    Jack Raynes: Huh?
    AlexTheLlamas: no way in hell is there two people who toss pro wrestling terms around the boards
    Jack Raynes: Not quite.
    AlexTheLlamas: you musta been cloned then

GP

Name
    Canen Darkflight
    Race
    Khaian
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dull ocean green
    Build
    6' 6", 16st
    Job
    Founder of Telgradia

View Profile
    For me, the highlight of the movie was that quote by the Russian Communists.

Elite. Simply elite.

GP

Name
    Niraine of house Ravenwood
    Race
    human
    Hair Color
    strawberry blonde
    Eye Color
    brown-green
    Build
    4'8'' 90 lbs.
    Job
    Squire of the Sacred Arts

alright. I have seen this movie. I have absorbed it into my consciousness. and personally, i will not count it as a member of the indy trilogy it was so bad. It freaking disgraced what was once so dear to me. If people object to this, then they can watch me go on a multi-page rant about how horrible it was. ^^.

yeah. I'm going to go watch the originals to give myself the gritty, realistic feel that i know belongs only to an indy movie.

GP

Name
    Canen Darkflight
    Race
    Khaian
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dull ocean green
    Build
    6' 6", 16st
    Job
    Founder of Telgradia

View Profile
    Nope, we don't object, we may disagree but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

It's funny though. Most of the die-hard Indy fans are loving the new film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12