Valanthe Xilanthese
    Race
    Half-Elf Half-Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Job
    Druid, wife to Xos Xilanthese

Valanthe's level one update, part one of two

why part one of two? Because there's something I wish to earn in an upcoming RP, a very unique familier, and after said update, I plan on a mid-level update to tide me over until 2.
    Also, I am level one, but due to lack of XP updating, it does not yet show. However, my currently showing XP added with the thousand something awarded to me in dreams and death more than equals level one.
    Meanwhile, Level 0 can be found here

Name: Valanthe Xiloscent
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 91 lbs
    Languages known: Common, Tradespeak, Druid.
    Follower of The Omnisource

Valanthe Xiloscent is not a common kind of elf. Her hair is white, as pure white as the Driven snow, and her skin is a sort of nutmeg brown. She commonly wears a Vlince green robe with golden trim, and her hair kept neatly behind her. On her right ring finger is a wedding band. She seems to be developing a nice set of muscles.

History: Her parentage is unknown and uncertain, as to who was her mother, and who was her Father. Abandoned as a baby she was found by a kindly old man, who was also a Master Druid. Though he was getting on in years, he took and raised Valanthe as his own daughter, and taught her the only life he knew, that of a druid. She had a happy childhood, and her teacher was a good Father. The women of his Grove were as good a bunch of mothers as any child could hope for. She grew quickly, and soon learned the ways of a Druid. Disease and pestillence struck, and the aged druids who raised her, fell to disease. However, having the racial traits of both the Raiaerans who had remarkably good resistance to disease and poison, and the stocky hardiness of the Alerarans, Valanthe survived. Before he died, Her master and father passed on one last secret to Valanthe, the Locket he found on her as a baby. Inscribed upon it were two mysterious Family Crests, and her name.

Having nothing to keep her there any longer, Valanthe decided to explore the world and see if she could find out who her family was, but Valanthe had never once seen the civilised world, and so is unaware of such things as the hatred between Alerarians and Raiaerans, and many other things.

What shall she find in this big world?

She has found a husband in an arranged marriage with Xos Xilanthese, and though they both get along, a one night fling turned into a forced marriage does not provide love. She has begun to explore her family history, and discovered it's intimatly entwined with a grave and dire threat to the world named The Dark Man. Infact, during her first encounter with The Dark Man he unmade her sister, moonbeam, to such a complete degree that no one, and no thing remembers moonbeam. She's a member of the house of sora, though she hasn't done much for the house in the interests of exploring her past, and to that end, she plans on leaving for the great fallien desert soon to find a great hidden and nameless city her parents both found. The greatest turn in her life though, is that she has discovered and become a follower of The Omnisource. A powerful Multi-dimensional God, Omnisource is said to be utterly everywhere at once, and his followers say that if he is destroyed, everything will cease to exist. Omnisource manifests only as a golden white light, and seeks to help Valanthe become the best Druidess she can be.

Skills:
    Druidic Knowledge: Valanthe knows the sort of things a Druid should know, like how to live out in the wild, speak with any land based non-flying non-aquatic Non-elemental, non-magical creature, predict the weather with fifty percent accuracy, and how to find tracks, though she is below average and easily confused or otherwise thrown off the trail when following them. She may not know everything yet, but she certainly knows enough to be taken seriously as a Druidess.

Shapeshift: Omni has revealed to Valanthe the secret Druids use to turn into wild creatures. This skill is limited to normal non-magical non-elemental creatures of medium size or smaller, and while in wild form, she cannot speak in any language but what that creature normally speaks, even if she's a parrot, and has only their natural advantages, currently being unable to use her magic in their form. She can stay shifted for up to one half of an hour, shift up to two times per day, and her equipment seems to shift into a pocket dimension around her.

Miracle of nature: Valanthe was unable to learn everything her master knew before he died. However she did learn enough to cause Miracles like most wizards use magic. While she isn't skilled enough to consistently do large scale things, she finds she can do smaller things well enough throughout the day. Being a Druidess, she can use any aspect of nature. She has also found that she can really only do about 8 or 10 small miracles a day before nature stops responding.

Now a follower of Omni, all her powers spring directly from him. She doesn't have much favor with Omni, but she isn't in disgrace with him either. Omni will allow her to manipulate more than she could before she was his follower. If she tries hard enough, she can perform some impressive feats, such as shooting a small bolt of electricity or surrounding herself with a small dust devil for a whole minute, winds strong enough to blow projectiles off course. Of course, being in control of nature itself and understanding it's diversity, it's near impossible to list everything, but she definatly can't shake the ground yet.
    To be more specific:
    >>> Miracles of Fire: Valanthe can cause fire to be, can extinquish it, use this ability to heat an object up to 100 Degrees Farenheight, cool it down to 0, and curl some into her hand to throw. As a follower of Omni, any fire she creates or exerts control over is/becomes golden white in color.

>>> Miracles of Earth: Valanthe detests the touch of metal, and refuses to even try to control it. However she's been known to cause a single large spike of solid Granite to explode upwards from the ground.

>>> Miracles of Air: Valanthe hasn't thought to lift anything with air, and so it's unclear how much exactly she can lift, but if she ever did she would find she could lift 25 pounds slowly, and fling one pound objects about with some effort.

>>> Miracles of water: While she isn't the type to summon a tsunami, she could make some serious but not small waves if she tried. She can walk on water, but not if it's deeper than five feet. She can also create 10 gallons of purified drinking water. She could create water balls to throw, or combining this with her fire element, freeze the ice solid and throw it.

>>> Miracles of lightning: Little known secret, Valanthe is terrified of lightning. As such, she uses this element the least. She's brave enough to shoot lightning from her hands, or cause her skin to become electric upon touch. She can use up to 12,500 volts of electricity, strong enough to deliver a very powerful shock.

Actual spells:
    Shrapnel Bomb: A ball of steel comes into being in mid-air, and shatters, either on it's own or external influence. It shatters with enough fource to blow bits of Shrapnel every which way. Most walls and wide enough trees can easily block this, as well as large enough shields and thick enough armor. Paper walls cannot block this, because, well, their paper.

Marksmanship: Valanthe is average (was unspecified in previous profile, specified it to average) in the usage of bows.

Nature's Response: The mark of a true Druid/Druidess. The general quality of life undergoes a marked improvement 10 feet around Valanthe. The light is brighter, the wind is fresher, the ground seems healthier, florae perks up considerably and becomes brighter, flowers bloom bigger and fuller, even fauna and other people notice a general feeling of well-being and happiness perking up in them. Now at Level one, Terrain seems to aid in her passage slightly by florae pulling out of her way and mud/sand slowing her steps less. This effect fades slowly over several minutes once she leaves the area. (explained a little better from previous profile and improved!)

Equipment: A single Club made of Oak.
    Vlince robes: (obtained here) Clothes Xos bought for her in the Bazaar. Their green and trimmed with gold.
    Yew Long bow, with accompanying Quiver. (obtained here): A common yew long bow.

Small Silver Locket. On the surface is inscribed her name. Inside is her Mother and Father's seperate Family crests. It is known that one crest is the Havergast family crest and the other unknown one must be her father's. The Locket was enchanted when it was made, it can heal Valanthe throughout the day. Its strength is dependant upon Valanthe's skill with nature, and therefor can only heal up to two or three moderate or less wounds a day. She wouldn't sell this locket for the world. Its the only clue she has to her family.

Musical Jewelery Box: (obtained here) A common jewelery box with red wood, red velevet, and trimmed with gold. When opened it plays a hauntingly sad melody. Holds six earring sized objects. (Will not sell)
    Last edited by Valanthe; 08-16-08 at 10:08 AM.
    The Continent of Chronus and the city of Kessingale open for RP!

GP

Name
    Valanthe Xilanthese
    Race
    Half-Elf Half-Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Job

I still need this approved though before I can do anything further with this character. Though if your just waiting for EXP to be updated, I understand.

Memento Mori
    EXP: 53,567, Level: 9
    Level completed: 96%, EXP required for next level: 433
    Level completed: 96%,
    EXP required for next level: 433
    GP

Name
    Witchblade
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black, like her soul
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    5'9 / 130lbs
    Job
    Murderer

I didn't forget about this, I merely did not have enough time to do it with all the other profiles this morning and thought you could wait a few more hours until I got home from work.

Druidic Knowledge - Valanthe cannot predict the weather with complete accuracy, I'd give her about 50% right now.

Miracle of Nature - I realize that nature is very vast, but I need you to list the kind of feats/miracles she can actually perform in a day and I'm most likely going to cut down the amount she can do as well.

Nature's Reponse - reduce this to 10 feet.

Make those changes and I'll look at it again.
    Do you ever Feel like a Monster?

Do you dare to read The Diary of the Dead

Have you seen my Hollow Daydreams
    Or listened to this Serenade of Haunting Voices
    Pray for The Heart I Once Had
    Then grant A Rose For The Dead'

GP

Name
    Valanthe Xilanthese
    Race
    Half-Elf Half-Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Job

I've been having trouble, I admit, defining exactly what her brand of magic is. Then I gave up and simply decided to explain it similar to Luc Kraus's abilities, and not having a level one or two profile to take examples from, I looked at his level four profile. Thus I don't know what's going over board and what's not.

Xos is really going to be fun when he levels up, because I have to explain then some abstract concepts he gets to control.

Regardless, edited.

Memento Mori
    GP

Name
    Witchblade
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black, like her soul
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    5'9 / 130lbs
    Job
    Murderer

Yeah, that's way too much stuff not to have listed in there because all of a sudden the strength of your character has just skyrocketed.

You have a choice here, either lose the Shapeshifting or lose two of your spells and yeah I'm going to be limiting some of the other ones on top of that.

GP

Name
    Valanthe Xilanthese
    Race
    Half-Elf Half-Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Job

Light Flare is pretty important to some upcoming storylines, especially when she goes to The Nameless City, and so I gotta keep that, expecially the parts about Dark man and his followers/pseudo realities.

But as was mentioned before, I've been having trouble with this. If Luc's level one profile was still in existence, I would've looked at it and did similar levels of control with Valanthe.

EDIT: I'm sorry to be a pain in the neck, but I'm rethinking some things and discussing what I had in mind and was looking for in Luc Kraus's profiles with the man himself, so if you could just hold off a day or two...
    Last edited by Valanthe; 08-13-08 at 10:55 PM.

GP

Name
    Valanthe Xilanthese
    Race
    Half-Elf Half-Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Job

Deliberate double post to bring attention once again.

Further edited.

I'm a very generous person by nature, so it's very easy for me to go overboard when giving new powers out, as you well know by now. I decided to swap Light Flare out for Shrapnel Bomb. I also weakened each four area of nature down to what I'm hoping is acceptable for a level one.

Memento Mori
    GP

Name
    Witchblade
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black, like her soul
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    5'9 / 130lbs
    Job
    Murderer

Okay,

Cut down the strength of your lightning, at this point in time you can shock people but not kill them. I'm not entirely sure how you can combine fire and water together to make water freeze, since fire heats and then evaporates water... but they're your spells. The amount of miracles she can have in one day can be 8-10, which is plenty for now. Also, she can only shape shift for up to a half hour, twice a day.

GP

Name
    Valanthe Xilanthese
    Race
    Half-Elf Half-Drow
    Hair Color
    White
    Job

Excerpt from the theory of magic, first draft, written by Xos Xilanthes:
    Fire can freeze water because it's the school of fire magic, Ice magic is a subset combination of water and fire. It is an error to think that the school of fire magic only knows how to heat things up. It's also possible to cool them off with fire magic as well, because the school of fire magic covers temperature in addition to fire.

Anyways, done.
    Last edited by Valanthe; 08-15-08 at 04:39 PM.

Memento Mori
    GP

Name
    Witchblade
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black, like her soul
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    5'9 / 130lbs
    Job
    Murderer

As I said before, they're your spells, what you do with them is your choice. Also, you didn't make any of the edits I asked you to, please do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast