Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Cael had a dislike for things happening all at once - they made his head hurt. If he had his way, things would happen in a neat, linear, orderly manner, easily followed and easily absorbed.

This week had done anything but start wonderfully, but it had lowered his expectations in some areas, raising them in others. He wasn't surprised that the door had barely closed behind the young woman when something -someone- slammed through the floor. And Calbrena changed. Again.

So being startled makes her change, too, he noted, absently, watching the flames licking off of her fingers more than he really watched the new additions to the Inn. Good to know. He was suddenly quite glad he didn't have the naginata in hand right now - something told him any sign of a threat was going to be taken quite violently. He glanced at the elf with a small, apologetic smile, waving towards the table. The elf seemed to take the hint, returning the smile timidly as she moved that way herself, giving the angry demoness a wide berth.

"Calbrena..." Cael kept his voice calm, almost like he was talking to a startled, skittish animal, or a scared child. "Y'just finished saying y'weren't goin' t'let me down, or turn on me." He took another step backwards, hands spread in a placating gesture. "I'd have t'imagine clawin' me t'ribbons would probably be included in those."

Gods I hope so, anyways.

He was probably taking his life in his hands right there reminding her of it - if she really was a demon half the time, she might not want reminded of the promises of her...her other self. But he really couldn't see this whole venture ending here, of all places, before it even began.

It took all of his willpower to continue moving away from the weapon, body almost at-attention with the amount of effort he was putting in to trying to appear calm and non-threatening.

"So, if y'could just...make t'fire go away..." He reached up to take another teacup off the mantel, setting it down on the table. "I'm just goin' t'make our new..." He paused, thinking of the right word. "...friends feel welcome." He paused for a moment before looking at the hobgoblin - if he was what he claimed - standing in the ruined boards.

"No, sir," He spoke, practically dripping manners, painfully aware of Calbrena's angry eyes boring into his head, "I have t'say I haven't." Are you planning to pay for the damage? "I...take it someone sent y'as well?"
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

GP

Name
    Livane
    Race
    Elf
    Hair Color
    Light reddish-brown
    Eye Color
    Glowing emerald.
    Build
    5'7" / 130lbs
    Job
    Wandering mage

(( I'll take all the blame if we don't get this finished on time. T_T I'm so sorry, everyone!! ))

The elf remained silent, nerves on edge. She'd seen many strange things in her travels, but none compared to the Fantastic Flaming Girl, and the---goblin? All goblins she knew were short, green, con artists. Some sort of sub-species? Perhaps a hobgoblin was just that. Even so, the floor-destroying man looked more human than anything. Quite a different story was the rather evil-looking woman in the center. Calbrea, was it? The name certainly didn't sound like it belonged to a man, and it was not her own (she would have laughed under different circumstances.) Such a delicate name for an aura of devastating darkness, the likes of which a shaman could not produce. Her beauty made the young elf feel a slight pinch of envy, though her personality was that of a snake's---no offense to Hureo. He was much more tolerable.

Hureo! Livane suddenly remembered her cold company. She unzipped the jacket almost immediately to reveal the brownsnake wrapped snugly around her boney shoulders. It slithered down to the safely of her lap a few moments after taking in the comfortable warmth of the room. "I am sorry, my friend," she cooed. Her tropical attire and friendly island snake screamed look at me! I don't belong here!

Livane's glowing eyes passed cautiously over everyone in the room once more as she stroked her scaley friend. All evidence led to the conclusion that they were quite a ragtag team, though not much evidence was available. Introductions seemed out of the question, and the young elf doubted that anyone even noticed (nor did they even care.) She could see the anxiety in the host's expression and felt bad for adding to the sudden chaos. The man handled himself quite well under the excruciating pressure, though the hesitation in his words did nothing to make her feel a bit less out of place. After much of her own hesitation, she decided to help him break the tension.

"I-Is there anything I can do to...help?" I wouldn't want to be in this crazy situation either! A small smile graced her slender lips.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and man's stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12