Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Rules for The Cell

The Cell is Althanas' free-for-all tournament. Players will be divided up into 4 or more groups, each in its own fifty-foot long, thirty-foot wide, thirty-foot high steel mesh cage. The winner(s) of each cage will then meet in the final round of the tournament. For those of you wondering, The Cell will take place on Corone.

I. Registration

Registration for The Cell is limited to 32 players. Registration begins on Wednesday, July 5th at 8:00 P.M. E.S.T. and ends on Monday, July 10th at 12:00 A.M. E.S.T. Multiple registrations are allowed, but players must clearly indicate in the registration thread that they are entering multiple characters.

II. Rules

- The Cell will begin at 12:00 E.S.T. on Thursday, July 13th. At that time 4 threads will be posted - each thread will be its own cell, each thread will have 8 players in it. The first post in each thread will be the same, and made by myself.

- Each cell thread is to be treated like any normal battle - all Althanas rules regarding powergaming and controlling other character's actions will be enforced. Also, The Cell will be judged like any other Althanas thread - the best three warriors, not the necessarily the three last-surviving warriors, will advance.

- The cells are made out of your standard steel mesh, meaning that yes, they can be broken through and players can climb the cell, fight outside of it, fight on top of it, tear off a piece of it and attack their opponent with it, and whatever else your devious minds can think about.

- Each round will last exactly two weeks, and between them will be a 3 day break. In order to earn full experience for the battle, players are required to post at least five times in their thread. The three players who earn the best scores in each round will move onto the finals.

III. Judging

I'll be judging all four threads. To reiterate, the three players with the best scores in each thread will advance to the final round.

IV. Rewards

All players in The Cell will receieve EXP, with the amount determined under the new Battle EXP guidelines. Each cell thread will be treated as if it were a normal battle thread, with the highest level character in that thread determining the flat rate. Using that flat rate, each character's EXP reward will then be computed against the score of the lowest winner in each thread. Complicated yes, but I'm willing to explain for those who need help wrapping their heads around the numbers.

Furthermore, each player who advances to the final round will get a bonus of 750 EXP, and the eventual winner will get a 2500 EXP bonus and a magical item that must be approved by myself.

With that done, the floor is now open for questions and concerns.

Question from INDK: Does anyone know how the opening round of the Cell is going to interact with the late rounds of the LCC. This is an important factor in whether or not I choose to register for the Cell.
    There will be overlap, although like normal there will be a break after this round of the LCC, and at that time the Cell will still be going.

What I'm trying to say is that one won't really limit your participation in the other, especially since The Cell is meant to be much less intensive than the LCC.
    -The Althanas Chief Administrator and Editor

EXP: 114,082, Level: 13
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 4,918
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,918
    GP

Name
    Damon Kaosi/Glen Lambert
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'9"/ 155
    Job
    Retired

Are players going to be limited to one of these four cells. Since the cells are breakable, it seems only logical that there could be spillover if there isn't an ooc restriction put in place on this.
    This might be our only chance.

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Quote Originally Posted by INDK
    Are players going to be limited to one of these four cells. Since the cells are breakable, it seems only logical that there could be spillover if there isn't an ooc restriction put in place on this.
    That's a great question. I was planning to post the layout eventually, but the cells are each located in their own ampitheater setting, and each ampitheater is 500 feet away from its closest neighbor. There will be guards surrounding the cages to prevent players from leaving, and while these guards are very talented, I do imagine they can be overcome.

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

This might be a dumb question, but I never participated in The Cell so I'm wondering about something. With four people fighting at the same time, I guess action can get somewhat hectic. Do we have to stick to a particular posting order? I ask this also because inactivity might play a part in this as well and I wonder if we can skip over the inactive member if he or she doesn't posts in a while.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Quote Originally Posted by Letho
    This might be a dumb question, but I never participated in The Cell so I'm wondering about something. With four people fighting at the same time, I guess action can get somewhat hectic. Do we have to stick to a particular posting order? I ask this also because inactivity might play a part in this as well and I wonder if we can skip over the inactive member if he or she doesn't posts in a while.
    Yes, you will be allowed to skip over other players and there is no particular posting order. My advice to anyone in this tournament, though, is that the best way to play it is probably to start out facing someone else one-on-one, and then eventually move on to someone else after you defeated that person, or for some reason you guys broke off combat with one another.

Also, because you can break out of the Cell, there's a lot more room to work with then before, so you and your current opponent can move outside of the Cell and away from the other players.

GP

Name
    Jada
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'10" / 168
    Job
    Wandering warrior...

Perhaps I'm just misreading something, but I have a quick question. Like Letho, I've never participated in The Cell (or any event here at Althanas for that matter), so I'm just trying to clarify...

Does the best individual warrior in each of the four-way matches advance? Or do the three best warriors in each four-way match advance? Something about the way I'm reading the rules is leaving me confused on only that point.
    You might see Jada use some unfamiliar language.
    A guide to this unfamiliar language can be found here:

Current Undertakings:
    A change of pace...

Recently Completed:
    The Terranus Defection
    016573 vs Abenaki: Possessed

Highest Score:
    The Terranus Defection (75)

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Quote Originally Posted by Abenaki
    Perhaps I'm just misreading something, but I have a quick question. Like Letho, I've never participated in The Cell (or any event here at Althanas for that matter), so I'm just trying to clarify...

Does the best individual warrior in each of the four-way matches advance? Or do the three best warriors in each four-way match advance? Something about the way I'm reading the rules is leaving me confused on only that point.
    That's perfectly understandable. I should've clarified this earlier, but there are only 4 cells total, and with 32 participants that means there are 8 to each cell. The best 3 of each cell (and of its 8 players) will advance.

EXP: 114,082, Level: 13
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 4,918
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,918
    GP

Name
    Damon Kaosi/Glen Lambert
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'9"/ 155
    Job
    Retired

EDIT- You answered my question in the post before.

HOwever, you might want to change the forum description. It is a bit misleading by saying "four way dance"
    This might be our only chance.

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Quote Originally Posted by INDK
    EDIT- You answered my question in the post before.

HOwever, you might want to change the forum description. It is a bit misleading by saying "four way dance"
    Yeah, that was from an earlier plan. Thanks for the catch.

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Santhalas
    That's perfectly understandable. I should've clarified this earlier, but there are only 4 cells total, and with 32 participants that means there are 8 to each cell. The best 3 of each cell (and of its 8 players) will advance.
    So what happens to the final 12? One giant fight?
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast