Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ToC Introduction and FAQ (Read First!)

Quote Originally Posted by CHARACTER APPROVAL GUIDE
    The basis for the level 5 balancing test for skills is "average," where average equals the amount of training a regular member of that class (soldier, mage, etc.) would have. The ratings that you can give to a skill, from highest to lowest are: poor, below average, average, above average, advanced, expert, master and legendary. So basically we use the balancing test as such: say you decide you want your level 5 character to have 5 skills. One of those skills is legendary (like super strength). In order to balance your character to get it approved with all 5 skills (including super strength), you might have to make the other skills poor or below average or just drop others off completely.
    Does this mean that I could have for instance Legendary swordsmanship but to offset that I could use a poor skill in fire magic?

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Well, not exactly. The idea is that if you want one or more exceptional powers, you'd either offset it by just not having other powers or by taking disadvantages. Merely not being good at fire magic wouldn't cut it. Perhaps having a weakness to fire, however, potentially could. My tournament profile is an example of this principle -- Jacob is an exceptionally powerful telekinetic, but he's also terminally ill, physically weak, and pathetically fragile.

EXP: 5,321, Level: 2
    Level completed: 9%, EXP required for next level: 3,679
    Level completed: 9%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,679
    GP

Name
    Sara SixBlades
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Maroon with white highlights
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

The start of round one is ......

Finish the sentence ...

I thought it was today (The 28th)

*Scratches head*

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Negative. The 28th was significant in that it was the original due date for Team Registrations and Qualification Trials. Due to the downtime, however, that's been pushed back to the 30th. Trials will be reviewed and scored by the 5th, and round one for the first bracket will start the 7th. I'll get a detailed schedule posted shortly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123