White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'9", 147 lbs.
    Job
    Propetier, writer, actor, musician

The Sunset Theare Co.'s Happy Hour -- Challenge 1

You there! The kingdom is under siege from Lovecraftian-types, and the defenses are wearing thin! The formerly bustling economy is spiraling towards oblivion! The summer drought decimated the crops; the citizens will have to resort to cannibalism this winter! The elves have had it up to here with the humans, the goblins are pissed at the halflings, and the dwarves still hate everyone! The queen was stricken by some random yet terminal illness! The chancellor was kidnapped by ninjas, and nobody's a bad enough dude to save him!

The king calls upon you in his time of need, humble citizen, to carry out a simple task:

"Make me laugh."

Hey, if you're going down in flames, might as well do it with a smile, right?

The rules of this little challenge are quite simple: In 1,000 words or less, tell me a story about your overly tragic character. I don't want to read anything having to do with how both of their parents were murdered by his/her double-crossing ex (who died moments later when the entire village was pillaged and burned by the most evil person they will ever know). Give us some insight into the more comedic moments in their life: Say, a case of mistaken identity, trying to outwit a cunning merchant on a big sale, a run-in with a stalking ex-girlfriend, the morning after a night of drunken folly, something like that. I'll leave the specifics up to you.

I'm judging this myself, and the winner will get three (3) of those fancy "fate points".

Oh, and this event will end on midnight of December 28th.
    Last edited by Sunset Theatre Co.; 12-08-08 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Fixed the title for you.
    "You may call me whatever you wish, but I am still taking your cake." - L, Deathnote

"Ah ha ha, oh ha ha..." - Modest Mouse, March Into the Sea