Eye Color
    Crimson Irises; Golden Pupils
    Build
    7'4"
    Job
    Crown-Prince of The Eletharii Imperium

Dark Rain Roleplaying

Greetings from Dark Rain Roleplaying!
    The Community of Dark Rain was pretty stoked when we recieved our invite from Christoph and our thanks for that. We at Dark Rain have long held strong to our motto, the very foundation of our community:

Dark Rain: We'll love you if you love us back, baby.

Yeah, that really is our motto, at least according to Double 'The Fun' Felix; our local bossman. At Dark Rain, we pride ourself on the diversity and hilarity of our community at large, our mentor system for newer writers helps them to better their own skills and learn from people who've been where they are. Our at War series allows members of Dark Rain to take part in a text-based strategy game and command vast hordes of cavalry, infantry and more as they wage a conflict on a global scale to build their Empire and come out on top.

Our members enjoy contests for fun prizes and banners and our Battlefield gives members the opportunity to go head to head in text-based conflict to test their writing skills to the limit. Our Moderating team (lead by yours truly) is always on hand to help with any inqueries or technical difficulties. With over 1, 000 registered members and ranked #3 on the InvisionFree Roleplaying Board Directory; Dark Rain has as much to offer as its members are willing to work for, with exciting new features always just around the corner.

So what're you waiting for? Pay us a visit and join the Community!
    Last edited by Lord Synical; 01-01-09 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double 'The Fun' Felix, Jul 10 2008, 12:55 AM
    And I just wanted to say that using different colors in your roleplaying posts is distracting and should probably be avoided unless your name is Lord Synical, because he is an exception. A big exception. To everything. Thanks. He's also batshit insane.

Don't listen to Synical, he's all caught up in our elitist atmosphere. That's why he capitalized "community".
    Oh, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Shawn, but I respond to Double Felix, Felix, Flix, Phlix, Phelix, Gruntaloob, Grunty, ExA, ExplosionAnomaly, Explosion Anomaly, Hey, and A Spoon. I'm not the creator of Dark Rain, but people call me the "head admin" or something along those lines. I prefer the term "facilitative admin", but that's a personal preference. Whatever pseudonym you choose, though, is fine by me.

I shall now flaunt my forum.

Dark Rain's another roleplaying forum, except more of a classical style, and one interesting history. Whereas many forums now have set storylines and areas to roleplay within, Dark Rain has maintained the idea that members can hack out their own stories. We give you a few basic settings (Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Historical, Comedy, etc...) and let you at it. This is what makes DR special, as a forum. You can do almost whatever the hell you want.
    What makes us amazing, though, is our members. If I was going to classify our members into some sort of clique, it wouldn't be your stereotypical roleplayer. We've got people who sign their own hats, douchebags, nubs, sugar-crazed rodents, "serious stuff" people, everything. With that in mind, I'd have to give Dark Rain members a sort of "incesty-diverse family, kind of like planet Earth except missing a few vital organs" label.
    And what are those vital organs, you ask?
    You are.
    (Damn, I did it too)

DtfF
    Last edited by Double Felix; 12-08-08 at 12:34 AM.

EXP: 4,350, Level: 2
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 650
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 650
    GP

Name
    Duke
    Race
    Moogle
    Hair Color
    Peach
    Build
    4' nothing

Well hello there weary travelers. How are we all doing there today? Good? That's nice. I'm Kupo! Resident Mog and ruler of the golden gun, but enough about me, I am here to promote a website that's just the fricken bomb! Go check it out sometime! It's got great contests, banners (For some reason that's important.) and awesome people with amazing stories. Best of all we got Moderators who help out the newbies with extensive judging criteria to help improve ourselves. And best of all...

IT'S FREE! Just register a character and make your own story, or join up with others. With an amazing system of balance and regulations it's awesome to see your skills grow!

So join up in a quest, grab your favorite hiking boots and go find lost artifacts, hidden spells, or make your claim in the amazing lands to battle upon at THIS AWESOME WEBSITE!

Kupo!

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    1000 members? Invisionfree? Douchebags welcome?! My god...

We have a guy named Godhand, he'd be perfect for the position...

Why do we even have this area? Shouldn't people prove their site's worth through rping? I think so, and I know there are others that belive the same thing... see above...

GP

Name
    Duke
    Race
    Moogle
    Hair Color
    Peach
    Build
    4' nothing

OMG....

I totally forgot Godhand...He's a gentlemen and a scholar. A great add for any RP site. Althanas is lucky to have him. (NO SARCASM INTENDED, I do respect the guy...)

Your PR department must really suck. All that advertising and you didn't even include a link?

GP

Name
    Duke
    Race
    Moogle
    Hair Color
    Peach
    Build
    4' nothing

Now Now, let's be polite here guys. We are trying to make everyone feel welcome...
    Last edited by Kupo!; 12-08-08 at 03:04 AM.

GP

Name
    I
    Race
    Am
    Hair Color
    I
    Eye Color
    Speak
    Build
    The

Now, now. This is no way to treat guests. This is an inter-community event, for goodness' sakes, part of the point is in promoting your own community to try to attract new members to help air out the site. Clogged ponds stagnate and die, running rivers stay fresh.

If we cannot be polite to the people we have invited to our board to participate in this event, it does not reflect well upon us as a community, does it?

That said.

Welcome, Dark Rain, and I hope all your representatives find our forums a hospitable place and have fun with our community and world.

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    oh. No, forgive me. I didn't mean to be rude to you. Was simply curious as to the use of this section, as well as giving you a plausible member... lol. I'm very happy that we have new places coming to Althy, and if you'd like to link us then we'd have the opportunity to look at your site.

GP

Name
    Duke
    Race
    Moogle
    Hair Color
    Peach
    Build
    4' nothing

Now Now there, We are just showing our vocal side of the community. It's like the little brother who speaks out of turn. We still love him.

That said...really guys. A link would be great so i can check out your comedy side of the site. Sounds interesting.
    Last edited by Kupo!; 12-08-08 at 03:04 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast