GP

Name
    Kate Downs
    Race
    Human
    Job
    Musician

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Synical View Post
    our mentor system for newer writers helps them to better their own skills and learn from people who've been where they are.
    So you mean me, Arius, and Hydro bashing noobs? Oh wait. I'm not supposed to say that.

But really, DR is a great place to hang out.

Lol@you guys.
    --
    Really, they're all horrible people. They're just trying to make a good impression, particularly that Syaoran. No, really. I'm serious.
    I hate 'em. All of them. =p
    And yes, if you had flicked your mouse over our banner, you would'a' noticed the change in mouse type to a link-form - so, yes, we did include a link. (Or not, hes confused me - does it really matter though? =p)
    And about the supporter-stuff - I was beginning to look for the forum that read 'Groupies.' :P
    And yes, despite being one of the most important Admins ever *Cough* (Gawd, even my direct staff don't agree with that. My team's moral is low xD), I'm only supporting, largely because I'm too old and lazy to accustom myself to a new site (Hence the low moral) but also because I have my exams currently.
    Though, I don't know when this thing starts, so I might join in if one of my wubberly DRainians hasn't got a partner or if the start begins to leech into the arrival of the holidays.
    We'll see, eh?
    Anyhow, I'm not sure if I should give an introduction of the board or myself. (I mean, I'm never mentioned in these intro's am I - suxx to be behind the scenes. ) But, considering Felix and Syn have already given you the briefing, I'll leave it out.
    See you on the battlefield! (And others places to) May the best Player-named-after-a-colour-Win.

Edit: As a sub-note (Yes, I am here to question you guys on everything you do) how come you moved this thread? After all, it was originally intended as an advertisement
    Last edited by Darky; 12-08-08 at 05:40 PM.

GP

Name
    Kate Downs
    Race
    Human
    Job
    Musician

Like me.

Hypocrite and Bitch
    EXP: 17,330, Level: 5
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next level: 2,670
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,670
    GP

Name
    Serilliant
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    1.75 meters / 70 kilograms
    Job
    Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by Darky View Post
    Edit: As a sub-note (Yes, I am here to question you guys on everything you do) how come you moved this thread? After all, it was originally intended as an advertisement
    It's still here. Advertisements is a sub-forum of the Waffle House, and so if it contains the newest post in the entire cluster of Waffle House threads, it will appear as "Waffle House"'s most recent post. This could have been the cause of confusion.

GP

Name
    Lucien "Flameweaver" Senus-Lytharih
    Race
    Illarian Elf
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Crimson Irises; Golden Pupils
    Build
    7'4"
    Job
    Crown-Prince of The Eletharii Imperium

Ignore Isaac.
    He's making up for his own failures.
    Wait, wait, you actually count developers as a team?
    >_>
    They're as bad as my l--
    No wait, they're worse.
    At least we Mods have a common goal: Punt as many ickle nubs as possible as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double 'The Fun' Felix, Jul 10 2008, 12:55 AM
    And I just wanted to say that using different colors in your roleplaying posts is distracting and should probably be avoided unless your name is Lord Synical, because he is an exception. A big exception. To everything. Thanks. He's also batshit insane.

EXP: 3,329, Level: 2
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 1,671
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,671
    GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Synical View Post
    Ignore Isaac.
    He's making up for his own failures.
    Wait, wait, you actually count developers as a team?
    >_>
    They're as bad as my l--
    No wait, they're worse.
    At least we Mods have a common goal: Punt as many ickle nubs as possible as soon as possible.
    We do that, just more politely.

"No, you can't have a laser sword that blows up universes. Please make it steel and earn enchantments later."

We call them 'RoG' staff.

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Kially Gaith View Post
    We do that, just more politely.

"No, you can't have a laser sword that blows up universes. Please make it steel and earn enchantments later."

We call them 'RoG' staff.
    Hey hey hey, I RESEMBLE that remark...

So how do thinks work on your site guys? I mean a brief rundown of how the site runs might convince a few others to join.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

GP

Name
    Lucien "Flameweaver" Senus-Lytharih
    Race
    Illarian Elf
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Crimson Irises; Golden Pupils
    Build
    7'4"
    Job
    Crown-Prince of The Eletharii Imperium

Well... it's really just us doing whatever we feel like.
    Our Administration team consists of three 'Assigned' Admin and one facilitative Admin to watch over the others and keep them informed of stuff.
    For example; I'm the Moderator Administrator, Darky's the Developer Administrator and Hydro14's the Mentor Administrator. Double 'The Fun' Felix is our bossman.
    The site itself is basically a free-to-RP board. We have a couple forum-wide Roleplays; Dark Rain, Rome at War. But we don't really have a set style per se.
    I'm not really the best at explaining this, I still log on sometimes and wonder how the hell I made Admin. I'm the biggest ass on the site.
    But if you want a detailed analysis of our site, best you ask Arius or Hydro or something. I'm just there to lay the hurt on idiots and be the 'bad guy' scapegoat, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double 'The Fun' Felix, Jul 10 2008, 12:55 AM
    And I just wanted to say that using different colors in your roleplaying posts is distracting and should probably be avoided unless your name is Lord Synical, because he is an exception. A big exception. To everything. Thanks. He's also batshit insane.

To answer the question, "Will you be participating" that was asked earlier, my official answer is:

Perhaps.

I'm trying to finish this semester with a 4.0, so I barely have enough time to browse Dark Rain. As well, I've never been into the whole "text-based combat" thing, which is evident in my early character profiles: http://z13.invisionfree.com/DarkRain...=0#entry479495. I'd probably wind up getting myself and my partner killed immediately -- for the sake of realism. It's a vice. It's a problem, I know.
    But we shall see.

GP

Name
    Adrian J. Spelvin
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'9", 147 lbs.
    Job
    Propetier, writer, actor, musician

'de hell is a nub?

Whatever happened to newbs/noobs?

Here at Althanas, proper spelling and grammar is important--doubly so with internet slang.
    "You may call me whatever you wish, but I am still taking your cake." - L, Deathnote

"Ah ha ha, oh ha ha..." - Modest Mouse, March Into the Sea

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast