Welcome to the "Side Events" sub-forum!

Having a little trouble with writer's block? Maybe need a little quick-fire exercise to get the creative juices flowing again? Just looking for something fun to complement the tournament experience? Well, you've come to the right place.

Over the course of the Althanas Invitational, this forum will be home to many exciting, challenging, and engaging side events that are meant to stimulate you, entertain you, and help you pass the time. New events will be posted on a regular basis to keep the action moving, and a running list of active and past events (with convenient links) will be maintained at the bottom of this post. To keep the events moving, and to prevent confusion, please be sure to read the rules of each individual event before participating.

Entry in any and all events is open to all comers, so get in here and have fun!

CURRENT EVENTS:

The Sunset Theare Co.'s Happy Hour - Challenge 1

Summary: "The rules of this little challenge are quite simple: In 1,000 words or less, tell me a story about your overly tragic character. I don't want to read anything having to do with how both of their parents were murdered by his/her double-crossing ex (who died moments later when the entire village was pillaged and burned by the most evil person they will ever know). Give us some insight into the more comedic moments in their life: Say, a case of mistaken identity, trying to outwit a cunning merchant on a big sale, a run-in with a stalking ex-girlfriend, the morning after a night of drunken folly, something like that. I'll leave the specifics up to you."

Kially Challenge One - The Haiku!

Summary: "Write a Haiku either describing or about your character!"