Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6' 5" 260lbs
    Job
    Hunter

Curious at the child’s strange reaction I reached out and took the offered rock “I’ll be damned” the chunk of ceiling weighed next to nothing. I bounded it once in my hand just to test it and couldn’t help but smile “Well, yes I guess that would count as lightening a burden wouldn’t it. Little more literal then I was expecting but hell.” After using my foot to clear away any of the butterflies on the moss below me I dropped the stone and let it fall to the ground. When the rock hit the ground without any crash or expected repercussion I couldn't help but chuckle quietly to myself.

Looking back to the child I grinned and pointed at the rock “Where did you learn to do that?” I pushed the rock about on the floor with the lightest of efforts. “That is some trick, and I was all set to call it quits.”

“Do you think you could do that to other things? I bet you’d be quite the popular one if you could.” I produced the dice once again from my pocket, and showed them to the child. “If you could make my Jerkin lighter” I pointed to my dark leather armor, and tugged at the shoulders lifting it up to demonstrate “I would give you my lucky dice in return.”

EXP: 3,329, Level: 2
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 1,671
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,671
    GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

“Sure!” Kially chirped, he was always eager to show off his little tricks, they were great fun and if he were honest, still impressed himself just as much as he would the viewer. “Lighter! …Jerkin. I make ligher.” And whaddaya know, that was a new word for him, jerkin, was what he was wearing, a jerkin? Not that it mattered, either way he was going to make it weigh less.

The question of where he’d learnt such a trick seemed to go unanswered as little arms held out to obviously take the item in question. “Give. P-P-Please” Such request was of course for the jerkin and not the reward for his services.

Steady eyes gazed over the armour and awaited its’ removal. Sure, he could do it whilst on him, but that would be a great deal more tedious and meant him moving from his comfortable position, his buttocks having warmed the stone beneath him a little to accommodate his seating choice.

The butterflies once again grew still, as if watching the exchange between the occupants of the shrine, one landed upon Kiallys’ head and opened out its’ majestic red and gold wings, black specks on its’ abdomen making it look all the more important.

Outside was a loud rumble of thunder in the distance, a storm was approaching to further cleanse and water the plants, soil and live-ins of the forest. The storms had seemingly become more frequent since the arrival of the child and had triggered rumours he was completely unaware of.
    Last edited by Kially Gaith; 12-18-08 at 05:38 PM.

GP

Name
    Kuldroc "Kul" Thrasher
    Race
    half-orc
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6' 5" 260lbs
    Job
    Hunter

I carefully removed my gear and piled it neatly on the floor whilst I began to undo the toggles which held the black leather jerkin on. The process left me feeling oddly naked. I still had on my grey tunic, which was admittedly soaked with sweat, but still I felt bare. It was rare for me to take off my jacket it had taken more than one blow, that may have otherwise cost me my life. It was otherwise pleasant to be without the burden of the heavy leather. My skin could breathe easy for a bit anyhow.

I offered the Jerkin to the boy which seemed ridiculously large in his small hands. I then made my way back to the spring and took another drink of the cool crisp waters. Again I wiped away the excess water with a sleeve. I ran my hand along my jaw line as I peered into the pool noting that my rippling reflection was in need of a good shave. Something I would take care of once back in civilization.

“You don’t get out much do you son?” I looked about the place as I had so many times now, yet it still did not disappoint. The large white blossoms that crept along the vine choked ceiling seemed to be the preferred food of the butterflies. Their petals were so pure and white they seemed to radiate their own soft glow about the place. As I watched the insects drift playfully from one blossom to the next I wondered what the boy ate, hopefully not the butterflies...
    Last edited by Fitz; 12-18-08 at 11:37 PM.

GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Once the armour had been received Kially showed no interest in the actions nor words of Kuldroc, instead immediately starting onto his task, resting the jerkin in his lap as to slowly but surely make it lighter. The leather would lightly ripple as air energy pulsated through it, the child closed his eyes to gain a deeper focus and embed further energy into the garment.

Kiallys hands began to glow a gentle white and the armour became warm to the touch as it conducted and accepted more and more energy, particles of air pushing in and connecting themselves as a permanent attribute of the armour, resulting in its’ overall weight lowering due to the air replacing unneeded atoms within.

The whole scene was quite remarkable, many mages oft’ hid their ways and methods of old, but Kially knew no better and thus shared with Kuldroc a view of his technique. Such technique of course would be unexplainable in words but the moments in which it happened could be quite a memory and tale to share at the tavern in days later to come.

The waters of the shrine were pure and clean and even retained some of the enchanted properties of the temple, they allowed advanced healing and sharp crisp refreshment to those whom used them, applying it directly to a wound would rapidly clean and close it, whilst drinking the water would bring a lesser effect but upon the whole body, causing bruises to immediately disappear and seal up very small scratches whilst deeper cuts and none fatal wounds would heal at an ungoverned rate, much depending on the system they were effecting.
    Last edited by Kially Gaith; 12-18-08 at 06:42 PM.

GP

Name
    Kuldroc "Kul" Thrasher
    Race
    half-orc
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6' 5" 260lbs
    Job
    Hunter

My attention was drawn back to the boy and my black leather jacket when the glow began. This time it wasn’t some gentle illumination from the flowers. No in fact I watched with my own two eyes as my poor sturdy Jerkin was coursing with energies the likes of which I’d never witnessed. I’ve seen a lot of things. Plenty of things most folks are fortunate never to see, and I consider myself a pretty worldly and steady individual. That said this boy was beginning to scare the warts right off of me. To see that much raw power possessed by that small and naive a package, it was more than just a little unnerving. What’s more, I’m pretty sure the boy has no real concept of just how powerful he is. Thankfully it doesn’t seem that anyone else does either.

I watched for a good long while as the boy continued to work. The child’s focus and concentration wholly vested in his work. I realized that by this time I was becoming quite hungry and made my way over towards my gear. Stowed away in a bit of oiled hide cloth was the last of the meat I’d cut away from last night’s roast. Smelling the package I figured it still had a day to it and pulled away another hunk of slow roasted beast and ate while I watched the butterflies dance about. As good as the spring water was nothing would have pleased me more than a tall light stout to go with the sweet tasting meat.

I can’t say for sure how much time had passed since the boy first began working on my jerkin, but the sun had long since set while the boy continued to labor over the work. For a long while the only light to be found in the chamber was the magical glow of my jacket. Eventually moon beams made their graceful decent into the chamber from the skies beyond. These silver travelers danced upon the surface of the pool and created their own eerie atmospheres to the ruins. The glow from my jacket dimmed slightly and I thought perhaps the rite was coming to an end, I dared not bother the child until I was certain however.
    Last edited by Fitz; 12-18-08 at 11:41 PM.

GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Kially would work and work his gifts into that solid leather until he was satisfied he could do no more, the jacket now comfortable straddled his lap as he lifted his hands away, causing the jacket to suddenly bounce a little with all the latent energy inside then flop back onto his lap like a leaf caught in a light summer breeze.

The moonbeams were strangely comforting though the insects that inhabited the strange ruins now decided upon rest and most quickly crawled into their own little hidey holes embedded into the crumbling ruin walls, all but the most hardy butterflies disappeared, and over time, even they to would eventually flutter to their stone beds for rest that was guaranteed. All you could eat nectar from the flowers and a pool for bathing and drinking from. It was a definite life of luxury.

“Here. Done.” The jacket was held out with a single hand, showing now that even the child could lift it with utmost ease, lightened permanently with a magical energy enchantment that would last for the life time of the items use or until such enchantment be professional removed.

Kially patiently awaited the jacket to be retrieved before he’d look up at the hole in the roof with a gleeful smile. “They are here soon.” Just -what- was here soon was only to his knowledge, but the fact he showed happiness in such coming only enforced that whatever was coming was something of peace and no danger.

GP

Name
    Kuldroc "Kul" Thrasher
    Race
    half-orc
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6' 5" 260lbs
    Job
    Hunter

I walked over to the smiling child and retrieved my black leather jerkin. As I expect the jacket was now remarkably lighter to the touch. As I slid the jacket over my shoulders and began to rebutton the toggles I could hardly believe the difference. It was like pulling on a second shirt in comparison to its former weight. It didn’t seem that the process had any effect upon the quality of the boiled leather itself. The armor seemed as stiff and resilient as it had been before, but something was certainly different.

I reached into my pocket and produced the three dice the boy had nearly obliterated earlier in the day. Holding them in an open palm before the boy I smiled “Here you go. These are yours now. I hope they bring you as much luck as they did for me.” I was a little sad hearted to see them go, but I could always carve a new set, and I didn’t have anything else I could afford to part with.

Once the boy had taken the dice from my hand I walked over to my pile of gear. I began to position my kit and make ready to leave. It was dark out now, but I was feeling remarkably well rested and decided that I could travel through the cool night and most of the early day. I’d take a rest during the hottest part of the day. Most of the animals would be seeking shade at that time anyhow so I should not have much trouble. That of course was to assume that nothing wanted my shady spot for its own.
    Last edited by Fitz; 12-18-08 at 11:42 PM.

GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Kially received the strange cubes with an air of confusion but did not refuse them, allowing them to slip into his hands where they were once again met with invigorated interest, giving them the once, twice and thrice over before sliding them into his own pockets to examine and play with later. “Th-Thank…You.” He’d state with a struggle.

As he’d promised, in they came through the hole in the roof, a plethora of moths to take the place of the butterflies, the moths however did not meet all the colours of the insects that had earlier filled the chamber with a rainbow.

It was then, and only then, that Kially noticed in all his time of waking hours and enchanting that his bladder had become rather full from the water that had sustained him, and with no question of permission, he suddenly dashed into one of the inter-linking corridors to release his bladder,
    Such would be announced by the sizzle of urine upon cold stone and the sighs of relief from Kially in the very short distance he’d travelled to relieve himself.

After a minute or so, Kially returned to the dancing moths to note that Kuldroc was on edge and seemed ready to leave. “Dark now…Stay?” No sooner had he spoke did a loud roar of coincidential thunder announce the arrival of solid and heavy rain which beat with impunity against the roof, dripping in through some of the few holes in the ceiling, but more so the one where the moths had came in through.

When one large grey moth found it to be assaulted by a large droplet of water, the whole group quickly made good to land, scattering themselves about the roof and walls yet not the damp mossy floor as the moths were less adapted to water than their colourful daylight counterparts.

It seemed sense now, to put the light on. Kially had learned in his unfortunate wisdom that fire kills butterflies and moths, so such source of light was out of the question, he had however found that whomever had occupied these ruins years before had left behind large quartz crystals embedded into the walls that absorbed energy when offered to them in exchange for a flickering candle like light that was renewable simply by offering more energy.

Kially happened to be an abundant source of this energy, so, creating a single air ball full of light in his right hand, he shifted himself up against the wall and stood on his tip toes, pushing the ball of light into the crystal as if it were some sort of key. With no warning, the crystal sucked every portion of energy the child would offer and returned in favor a soft glowing nightlight to illuminate the chamber and safely entertain the moths whom would soon flock about it without any harm.
    Last edited by Kially Gaith; 12-18-08 at 09:34 PM.

GP

Name
    Kuldroc "Kul" Thrasher
    Race
    half-orc
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6' 5" 260lbs
    Job
    Hunter

Realizing that the journey back out of the forest would be a grueling one I decided to fill my empty water skin with the cool flowing waters of the stream. I knew it wouldn’t remain cool for long, but at least I was fairly certain it was clean. Cleaner than most I was likely to find anyhow. I considered asking Kially’s permission, but decided that he would likely have little opinion on the matter. If in fact he understood what I was asking at all. So while the boy relieved himself I filled the skin with the pool's cool blue water as best I could.

While I appreciated the little guy’s hospitality, I had met my fill of surprises and oddities and didn’t think I could take a night in the ruins. I was preparing to tell the kid that it was best I be on my way, and that travel would be easier in the dark. Then the storm broke. A deep down cynical part of my mind still believes that the kid had something to do with that nasty little squall which raged just beyond the protection of the chamber. My resolve wavered slightly knowing how much harder my journey back in these conditions would be, but just the fact that I could even imagine this storm to be the work of the boy told me I had to get out.

Making my way back to the entrance of the chamber I looked back to the child “Time for me to be moving along Kailly. A pleasure meeting you kid. You take care of those dice and they’ll take care of you.” Standing there, watching him power the crystals which provided him with evening light I considered asking him if he could do anything about the storm. I left without another word however just a simple wave. I wasn’t sure if I was more concerned that I was crazy or that he might actually have done it.

The journey back out of the Luthmor took me three days. It proved uneventful, but none the less perilous. I was surprised that I hadn’t encountered any of the Fae who are said to rule the forest. I imagine that they saw me, but so long as I didn’t cause any problems they left me be. Who knows, perhaps they even kept some of the more dangerous denizens of the Luthmor out of my way. I’m not sure if I’ll ever see the kid again. I’m not sure that I want to. He seemed like a good enough kid, but so much power. I’m sure at the very least I’ll be hearing stories about this region for years to come.

Out of Character:
    I would like to request a brief summary of my scoring. Thanks very much.

I'd like to please request the following spoils:
    (1) I would like to keep the enchantment upon my armor as per Kailly’s ability. Changing it to Featherweight Leather armor. (2) I would like the keep the skin of temple blessed water. Once per thread it can be used to directly heal a wound if poured upon it. Or if drank the water removes fatigue and doubles a person’s natural healing for six hours or the end of the thread which ever comes first. The what remains magically cool and crisp to the taste and seems to replenish itself overtime.
    Last edited by Fitz; 12-18-08 at 11:53 PM.

GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Kially gave no objection to the fellow leaving, returning a light hearted wave just as he had been offered. Just another strange day he thought to himself in his native tongue. The storm was still however relentless regardless that his new friend had left, continuing deep through the night giving the forest more than its’ fair share of sky moisture.

Kially, however, was dry and warm through the late hours and was content to sleep amongst the creatures that kept him company, he’d curled up next to the pool much like the following night and eventually slid into an uncomfortable sleep. Before his eyes had come to a nightly close, he vowed he’d have to find one of those bed thinguh-majigs he’d once slept in, no more aches and pains in the morning!

As daylight once again broke, he awoke to find a simple yellow butterfly perching upon his nose, one blink, two, at which the creature recognized that the child was awake and took flight. Carefully sitting up Kially gave thought to the day before and remembered what he’d put in his pocket.

5 Pale digits collected the three dice from his pocket and held them in silence.

Now to work out how to use these things…

Out of Character:
    Please may I request the following spoils:
    (1) Kiallys’ Temple be acknowledged as an official Althanas location and perhaps a Luthmor Subforum for such pending the permission of Witchblade. The temple, I would like to request has the following enchantments:

- Being inside increases the healing of injuries three fold at the acceptance of an entrant
    - Being inside causes a feeling of peace and well being at the acceptance of an entrant
    - Water from the temple may be taken for double healing rate and remains forever clean and cool.

(2) 3 Dice – No use, but a toy for Kially to occupy himself, received from Kuldroc

(3) +5 Pounds extra to his limit of either adding or removing weight from items.

That’s my requested spoils! Thanks for your time, please could I just have numbers for the judgement? I understand how long the process takes and appreciate you just reading all of this!

Keep being awesome!

Danny~ <3
    Last edited by Kially Gaith; 01-05-09 at 01:46 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast