5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

Team Registration - Whispers in the Wind

Mikeavelli is my partner.

Post Mikeavelli to varify ... thanks.

Yarr!
    He's a lover, not a fighter
    But he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas.
    - The most interesting man in the world.

Patrick(level 1) In the rest of Althanas
    Level 2

EXP: 5,321, Level: 2
    Level completed: 9%, EXP required for next level: 3,679
    Level completed: 9%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,679
    GP

Name
    Sara SixBlades
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Maroon with white highlights
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

Out of Character:

The judges want us to spar for their amusement for some strange reason ... so request accepted.

"Whispers rain down from our branches and reach far and wide. Take it to heart or fear the tide. They ring in your ears, and create many fears. Can you deal with your fears that are real to your eye. Or deny them under the tainted sky?"

A rhyme. A mysterious rhyme coming from the dying trees around me. What does it mean?

Sara was deep in thought as she was walking on a pitch black road. So black that it looked like she were standing on a void, almost falling into a bottomless pit. The strange path didn't seem to have an end in view, and she forgot if it even had a beginning. Was she lost somehow?

How could this be? Somehow I don't quite remember how I got here.

The same strange whispers from the trees rang through her ears as she tried to make sense of it, but no logic or explanation came to mind. The trees weaved back and forth forming a seemingly endless "S" shape over and over again. They seemed to reach out to her, trying to grab her and suck her into the infinite blackness all around.

A dark sky with a partial moon with only a couple of stars in random places lit the way. The trees glimmered a magical glow of some sort that made it shine and shimmer as if their branches were made of a luxurious glass like jewel. They sparkled the rainbow as she walked by.

The wind picked up as if out of nowhere blowing her maroon hair all over the place. Her attire clung to her pale skin as she looked around for the answers.

The wind stopped as if it never occurred as the branches made a strange noise and sprung apart revealing a figure. The figure was pushed onto the path with quite a force as the branches closed up behind the figure.

Maybe that is how I got here?

She raised a brow of curiosity as she readied her bow pointing right at the figures head ready to take action if she needed to.

"Who are you?! Speak! How did you get here!"

Last edited by Petoux; 12-19-08 at 07:11 PM.

'Hopper stepped through a Portal from Sigil, and appeared with the accompanying flash of light and wind onto the black road, in the middle of yet another prime world, one of the natives pointing a bow at him menacingly.

So hostile and insistant, he made a point of ignoring her for a couple seconds while he breathed in the fresh air. Nothing green grew in Sigil (except razorvine, which hardly counts) - so the fresh scent of life is one of the few things he enjoys about these Prime material worlds.

He sighed a bit, finally paying attention to Sara. "Powers, this is why I stopped doing this. One step out've Sigil an' some sodding Prime is all up in me' business." He raised up his left hand in front of his chest, like he was expecting the back of his hand to do anything to slow down an arrow through the heart (if it came to that) - and continued, "Look, Miss, tha' Name is Portalhopper. I've a Kip in Sigil, which, judging by the clueless look on yer' face, ye've never heard of, so jus' take me word fer' it when I tell ya walking through Portals ta' strange an' excitin' worlds ain't exactly all that unusual."

And then, almost as an afterthought, the old, experienced, downright cautious 'Hopper actually came out for once, "Now, could ye' PLEASE put yer bow down, Miss?"

Level 2

GP

Name
    Sara SixBlades
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

Can this guy speak English? I can barely understand what he is saying. He sounds like a pirate for Christs' sake!

Sara raised a brow again, confused, and trying desperately to understand what he just said. He didn't seem hostile. But why should she just lay down her weapon without a second thought?

"Now, could ye' PLEASE put yer bow down, Miss?"

"Are you serious?! Why on Earth would I listen to a complete stranger that could as well be an assassin out to kill me, or god knows what that can't speak English worth a shit, and you expect me to lay down my weapon without asking questions? What the hell are you thinking? You think I'm stupid or something?"

She still aimed her bow at him...

"I'm going to ask you again, and this time speak clearly so I can understand you. Why should I trust you, when I have no idea who you are or where you came from? You could be lying for all I know. Wheres your proof?"

She was starting to get agitated as she demanded a quick, clear response.

Out of Character:

How do you know Saras' name when you never met her?

lol!

Last edited by Petoux; 12-20-08 at 09:35 PM.

OOC: Well, he never actually says or thinks her name, I just use it in the narrative for ease of reading.

:P

IC:

"Yes. Yes, yer' a Clueless Prime, yer' pointin' yer lil' twig at a man what just walked out've a portal. Now, think about this, such a man either commands magics FAR darker than ye've ever known, in which case iffin' I were an assassin, ye'd already be dead, or such a man is exactly who 'e says 'e is."

'Hopper held both his hands up now, far away from the twin swords at his belt, palms back, with only leather gloves and tiny rings on his fingers. If she looks closely, she can see one made from Silver, on his left hand, and one other made from Bronze on his right hand, he hardly seems threatening. "Now, I'm not threatenin' ye. In fact, I'm tha' one bein' threatened! I dinnae' know who ye' are, and I dinnae' care, but iffin' we're going ta' have a civil conversation, put that thing down an' TALK."

'Hopper stood there, doing his best to appear nonthreatening, while at the same time keeping his muscles tensed. If she went and did something stupid, at this range, he'd have to have perfect timing to keep from getting skewered. With the babble coming out of her mouth, he didn't doubt she might go off and try to shoot him.

Level 2

GP

Name
    Sara SixBlades
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

Sara listened carefully, sighed, and nodded in agreement.

"Perhaps you are right Portal Hopper. Sorry to have misjudged you, but it's better to be safe than sorry..."

Sara lowered her bow caustiously...

"...My name is Sara. I assume I got here in the same way you did, but I can't remember. What is the last thing you remember? I would also like to apologize for offending you about your English. Truth be told though, it does need more work."

She smiled and laughed a little bit...

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

"Jus' 'Hopper to me friends." He says with a a great deal more softness than he'd had before. "This's how we speak in Sigil, least tha' cutters who're worth knowing. Prim an' proper ain't fer' everyone.

Now, Sara, seems I'm a bit more in tha' know 'ere. There's a tournament goin' on, Buncha cutters such as ourselves fight fer' the amusement o' tha' powers that be, winner gets a prize, a wish, anything ye ken' think've. I came in at tha' request of. . . An old friend, willingly.

Seems ta' me iffin' yer here, someone, or somethin' wants you 'ere, maybe even wants ye' ta fight me. I was thinkin' it'd be a lil' more structured than'is though."

Level 2

GP

Name
    Sara SixBlades
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

Maybe that's what the whispers mean somehow

"A spar huh? I'll tell you what, we'll have a friendly spar to see each others skills and I will willingly join you in the tournament as your ally to claim the prize, deal?"

She held out her hand to shake Hoppers, but to try to catch him off guard, she raised it back up quickly to her bow and fired an arrow towards his chest, aiming slightly below the heart, so she would not kill him if it came intact with the target.

Out of Character:

This isn't really the same as the tourny is it?

I can't wait until it starts, the posts will be better than this. In all honesty, I kinda want to get this on with quickly, because it starts soon. If we had more time ... then it would be a different story, trust me.

luzrface

jk

P.S.: Have you noticed we are the ONLY team doing this, when it is a requirement to do so? I guess that means we automatically win huh?

Last edited by Petoux; 12-21-08 at 01:33 AM.

"Certa-" she's fast, and tricky, but it takes only a moment for 'Hopper to activate his silver ring, throwing up a shining translucent energy shield centered on the emerald at the end of it. It's slanted slightly, letting the arrow glance off to his left instead of trying to stop the full force of the arrow, and even still, the force shield ripples slightly under the strain, Damned thing is weaker than I remember it, it shouldn't have even felt that!

Sodding Hells, this is no time for idle thoughts. . .
    - 'Hopper springs forwards with a counter, she's so close to him now the bow should be nearly worthless, but his other ring, a Bronze band made in the shape of two fists punching against each other, was made for this situation. In one smooth motion his hand twists so the ring faces Sara, the Ring of the Ram sends forth a barely visible wave of bone-shattering force, enough to put her down if it actually hits, but he's not naive enough to think it'll be that easy.

But however she reacts, it'll certainly be distracting enough for him to draw both his swords in his own peculiar backhanded style.

Level 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast