Thread: Kially Challenge Three - Worst. Gift. Ever.

EXP: 3,329, Level: 2
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 1,671
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,671
    GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Kially Challenge Three - Worst. Gift. Ever.

Okay then guys, this one has a little bit of a Christmassy feel. This one WAS going to go up on Christmas night, but due to downtime, you'll just have to make do. The winners each get a fate point as per my usual offering.

So. Here's your prompt.

Be it, for whatever reason, you, your character or someone else has received a gift. This gift, however, is the worst possible gift someone could give them.

Tell me, in 500-1000 words, what the gift is, why it's the worst gift and your reaction to such. It does not have to be funny, nor does it have to be canon. You will not be able to keep said gift (Though I'd doubt you'd want to.) but I hope very much that you enjoy writing this out!

This will end January 14th (Provided nothing happens... *Cough.*)

So! On that note!

GO GO GO!

GP

Name
    Ya Zhen
    Race
    Demon/sociopathic human personality/human body
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"
    Job
    Occasional mercenary work to pay for food and shelter when he doesn't feel like taking it

It's time to dig deep into the archives of my mind to pull out a christmas story I've worked my hardest to repress. One christmas night at the tender age of 10(?) I was all ready for bed tucked in and whatnot. Everybody else in the house was preparing as well for "Santa" to put the presents under the tree. I stayed up a little later then I should have to listen for santa, even though it was only 11 somethingorwhatsits. A few people were still up idling until they would go to bed. Someone (at this point I theorize that it was brad my aunt angie's boyfriend due to a later incident at the later age of 13 in which I was allowed to stay up later and saw him tormenting his younger daughter) rang a bell. A small christmas bell of some sort going by memory. It was then that I was consumed with a sudden absolute terror of santa claus. I'm not sure what it was, but at that point he scared me more then the bogeyman, and I had had some pretty bad run-ins of my own with the bogeyman. I managed to fall asleep eventually, but it didn't end there. In the night I dreamt. Was it a scary dream? No. Was it nonetheless frightening for an 10 year old on christmas? Absolutely. I dreamt that I woke up in the morning and got....socks. Then I woke up. Then I went back to sleep and dreamt...THE EXACT SAME DREAM!!!! One final time I went back to sleep and dreamt not only of getting socks but of the faces of my relatives in response to my gift. Then I woke up and realized it was onyl 4 in the morning. Needless to say I was not in the best spirits. When at last I managed to fall into a sleep I do not recall having any dreams. When at last I woke up, around 7, I pranced to the christmas tree and readied myself to NOT get socks. The years christmas was good with several things I liked and asked for. Although one singular package made me cringe as it was handed to me. I tore it open to reveal a most horrific find. Socks. I tried my best to avoid becoming overly emotional over the matter, so I started playing with my other things. But the following days after christmas, in which the family stayed as per the tradition to stay at my aunt's house, the socks would lay there...mocking me. Later that day I opened them and flung them around the house, which I found to be most theroupudic(Spelling?) After this my aunt and I got into a sock fight which somehow led to her calling me puddin. I get the feeling she did this to agitate me because I did not enjoy the name. So in the end the worst gift ever could become a fun game of sock war and a nickname if applied correctly.
    Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!

GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Come on guys! More entries please. ^_^

GP

Name
    Syaoran Li
    Race
    Vulpse Homosapien
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Teal
    Build
    6 foot 3/ 100kg
    Job
    Scholar

It was cold on the day of my birth. As per usual, like everyday, I removed myself from my bed and went through the normal morning routine. I did not think this birthday would be anything special, a few gift cards maybe, a pair of underwear or two and that special gift my wife always got me. She had already gone downstairs. I certainly did look forward to unwrapping that particular present.

I changed out of pyjamas and into some casual clothes, walking down the stairs to hear that ever familiar:

"SURPRISE!" But it wasn't a surprise. I realised after the fourth surprise party when coming down from bed that this was how it was going be for the rest of my life. I quite enjoyed the effort they put into it, however, something different would be nice. I smiled as best I could, kissing my mother on the cheek, thrusting her gift into my arms. I thank everyone for their gifts, the pile growing taller, my arms being used as a shelf.

I eventually put the pile on top of the table and sit myself down in a nearby chair. It was quite comfortable, more so than usual. The normal openings and "thank you"'s occurred, placing the EB cards in their own organised place, the underwear in their own pile and an unusual nick nack of a drunk man that my parents had got me. My wife then stepped forward, her beautiful eyes meeting my own. She kissed me gingerly and I returned it, her large gift being placed on my lap. I grinned, I did so love her physical presents, but this was not the one I was looking forward to having.

I placed it on the table and opened it like a six year old at Christmas. Confusion. This was not par with what she had gotten me before. It was a jar, and inside of it was two small things floating in a liquid. After a moment of looking at it, I looked around, everyone was smiling. They knew about this? I looked back to the jar, screwing the right side of my face as I thought of what it could be. I then realised that it was a pair of testicles. Internally I gagged but I kept a clear face. It was a gift from my wife, how could I turn it down?

Suspicion flooded my mind. What was my wife doing near another man's bits? And more curious was why she had removed them. My Adams apple then tightened in my throat. Slowly, while looking at the happy faces around me, my hand moved down to the front of my pants. I pulled the band forward and I slowly looked down. My worst fears then came to light. The testicles in the jar, were my own. I was stunned. I looked back up, looking at my beautiful wife. She blew me a kiss and I released my waist band, catching it in my hand. What do you do in a situation like this? I then decided that the only thing I could do was act the way I usually did: as a gentleman.

"Uhm...thank you darling. I've always wanted a pair of these..."

Mass Murder

Out of Character:
    Wow, I thought today was the 14t, not the 15th. Kially, My apologies, and I shall understand if I am disqualified.

Out of all the things that have happened to me, out of all the things that I have done and all the things that I will do, there is one thing that I will never do. Someone did this to me, you know, and I will never be the same. I was given the gift of life. Now, I am not claiming that I have had a bad life, indeed, I count myself singularly luck in the grand scheme of things. Nor is it that I blame my parents for bringing me into this world. I have a good family and would not want to give it up.

No, for me it is merely the uncertainty that is inherent in our existence. Allow me to deviate from the main theme of this piece here, please. Allow me to show you what I speak of, to lay it out for you. Every day, many of us wake up, and there are choices. Every choice will lead to more choices, and each of those will lead to even more. You see? It is a vicious circle; one that no one can possibly escape from, and live.

Even these choices would be bearable, if it were not for the fact that each choice has consequences. One can look to Chaos Theory and the butterfly effect for an example. A butterfly, a single tiny being who has also received the gift of life, flaps its wings at a given moment, thus disturbing the atmosphere in a certain way. Eventually, this disturbance might alter the path of a hurricane, either saving or damning millions.

The next time you go to do something, stop. Wait, and consider the effects of your actions. Might that book, unread and left to rot, eventually become ignited by a careless cigarette and burn the entire building to ash? Or might the simple act of reading this one, single book – a completely unremarkable feat in and of itself – cause you to wake up, to see so much more of the true reality? As you consider the implications of your actions, extrapolate from each possible consequence. Take each future further and further until you know what I have known for so long.

You see it now, don’t you? You see the truth, the reality of our existence? You see the singular fact that has lead me to this unfortunate conclusion? Of course you do. How could anyone fail to?

The terrible horror that is reality is this: there is no God, no Devil. There is only us, the little gods, the tiny devils. We ourselves are responsible for every miracle, for every atrocity that has occurred. We, the living, are the only reasons for anything! That is why I was created.

You see, don’t you? What if, through the miracle that the entire earth has been working towards since its creation, a single angel descended, a god that was greater than all the gods around him? This angel would be able to see the threads, to see the miracles and horrors that would result from the power of each small god. This angel, this greater god, however, is not just supposition. He is real. This miracle happened.

I happened.

I was created, the pinnacle of all creation, to cull the herd. I was created by the sum power of the subconscious of all of you minuscule gods, to endure the hell that is life and destroy those people whose actions would bring great and powerful pain. I am here, now, to remove the ones whose fates are tainted. I am here, and I am watching. Watching the puppet strings you all pull, the actions you all take. I am here, and I want you all to ask yourselves this:

What have you done today?

Manifesto of “Uriel”, no other name known. Currently, twenty-one (21) murders are accredited to “Uriel”. Fourteen (14) of these are confirmed by “Uriel” himself, in two other notes. (Items 45597-b and 45597-c) Received December 14th, 2010. Property of Monroe County Sheriff’s Department.
    Last edited by TwinDeath; 01-15-09 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Forgot the date. I be dimwit.
    Könnt ihr mich hören?
    Könnt ihr mich sehen?
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
    Ich versteh euch nicht.

GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Nah. I'll let all entries upto this post go through. I'm pretty lenient. I know I said 14th, but I've been so damn busy with my college 'Project Management' coursework that I've had no time to post winners.

Anyways!

The winners are:

ALL ENTRANTS! Congratulations and a very belated Merry Christmas to you all. Each of you win a Fate Point to do with as you please.

Everyone was going to win regardless (And the fate points were supposed to be my way of saying "hey gaiz, is crizmus.") so, thanks to all entrants! This award won't be happening again though!

Look forward to a new event soon!

Rock on!

Kially~<3

GP

Name
    Ya Zhen
    Race
    Demon/sociopathic human personality/human body
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"
    Job
    Occasional mercenary work to pay for food and shelter when he doesn't feel like taking it

Yayz its a festivus miracle!!!
    Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!