Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Done with your Registration? Come here for info.

EXP: 73,853, Level: 11
    Level completed: 74%, EXP required for next level: 3,147
    Level completed: 74%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,147
    GP

Name
    Lillian Sesthal
    Race
    Apparently Human
    Hair Color
    Silky Black
    Eye Color
    Eerie Blue
    Build
    5'7" / ?? lbs.

If you want to complete the thread, just tell us where the cutoff point is. We'll take the posts before that point into consideration for the judging of the trial, and the fact that you went over the limit will thus not be seen as an omission of the rules.

Something like:

Out of Character:
    "The Trial ends here. What follows is simply us, completing the thread for ourselves."

Resident Pointy Hat
    EXP: 68,785, Level: 10
    Level completed: 32%, EXP required for next level: 8,215
    Level completed: 32%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,215
    GP

Name
    Caden "Blueraven" Law
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job
    Wizard for hire, freelance alchemist, translator, navigator, and archivist

Quote Originally Posted by Mabus View Post
    Ew, double take. I would have figured a word count to be a lower, rather then an upper limit. We're waaaay more then 1000 words in our thread.
    Likewise.

But at least we're entertaining enough to make up for it?

EDIT: Nevermind. The guidelines said 1000 to 2000 words and our total RP clocked in at something like 1968 when I chucked it in a wordcounter. If a cut-off (cut-in?) point is needed, the actual start is after the first asterisk in Inkfinger's opening post.
    Last edited by Caden Law; 12-31-08 at 02:35 AM.
    RPs to Date
    Items or EXP listed until profile updates are made.

Stairway to Heaven - Complete.
    Into Yesterday - In Progress.

I'm not going to promise a paragraph limit, or a cut-limit mainly, because that doesn't help emphasize my style. If I want to emphasize my style of writing, then I'm going to write with my own style.

I'm not tyring to be a dick or anything like that, but, I don't see the point in someone trying to see how good a writer I am, if I'm not putting forth all my effort.

EXP: 73,853, Level: 11
    Level completed: 74%, EXP required for next level: 3,147
    Level completed: 74%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,147
    GP

Name
    Lillian Sesthal
    Race
    Apparently Human
    Hair Color
    Silky Black
    Eye Color
    Eerie Blue
    Build
    5'7" / ?? lbs.

No worries, Alucroas. And as an answer: time constraints, mostly. We're trying to avoid time-consuming novellas.

Displaying the quality of your writing doesn't require a completed story, however. Personally, there have bee many cases in which I've been blown away by a single post, so impressing the judges with very few words is quite within the realm of the possible! You're still very much free to write however much and in whatever way you want, so long as you're dead certain we'll be so engrossed by it that we won't notice the length until after we're done reading it. No sarcasm here, and I mean that.

This should not, however, be construed by teams that have taken the word limit into consideration as a signal to suddenly dish out more posts, unless you're keen on high-risk gambling. In most cases, it would probably end up counterproductive.

Also, Caden: 1968 words is well within the expected word count when the extra margin you can play with (a few hundred words) is taken into account, so no need for a cutoff.

And Mabus, if you mean your team total, over 1000 is okay if you don't exceed 2000 words (by too much). If you didn't, then I wouldn't worry. If you meant way over 1000 words as your individual total, though, it might very well be a danger zone.
    Last edited by Ataraxis; 12-31-08 at 03:41 AM.

Is it rude to ask when approximately can we know the results of judging? I thought I'd have seen one or two teams accepted into the small sub-forum as the judges go through them, but it's possible that you guys plan to dump it all in at one go instead. So... yeah, I was wondering.

EXP: 58,871, Level: 10
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 6,129
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,129
    GP

Name
    Dan Lagh'ratham
    Race
    Rock guy
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Ice Blue/Gray
    Build
    6'4"/215lbs
    Job
    Slayer

Teeth in the Dark is up for judging.

I fucked up and misunderstood the word limit, so we're still continuing it and finishing it for ourselves. I'll add in that note ASAP.

Claimed by Task, Panel A
    Last edited by Taskmienster; 01-03-09 at 03:35 PM.
    Bastards never die.

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by KazeTanade
    Is it rude to ask when approximately can we know the results of judging? I thought I'd have seen one or two teams accepted into the small sub-forum as the judges go through them, but it's possible that you guys plan to dump it all in at one go instead. So... yeah, I was wondering.

~The results will be posted as we go through them, shouldn't be too long. We've split the judges up into two separate panels so that we can get things done quickly. I am heading one panel, Ataraxis is heading another panel. We're doing it this way so that we can have a good bit of organization regarding who is accepting the threads to be judged, with Atar and Myself working more as examples at first and then helping out anyone judging that's not used to Althanas. So, to answer your question, they will be being worked on as I type this... since I have one open, haha.

~@ Everyone else. As for writing further in your thread over the post count: It's been addressed, but I wanted to further say that I have no issues with allowing people to continue their threads after the judgment is posted. If you want to get it down so that you can explain everything that's cool with me, but after the judgment is posted I'm honestly not going to be apt to go back and read the rest of the thread...

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=18006

Bam!

CLAIMED with a passion, Panel A, ~Task
    Last edited by Taskmienster; 01-03-09 at 05:52 PM.

Hey, at least I'm not boring. And I'd have to echo the sentiments of Alucroas; I don't just RP. I write. Like serious, 'not until it's complete' writing. Although I see your point, and would like to also point out that by the time you get done with either first post in that thread, you should be able to easily recognize the extent of the skill of either writer.
    I have, I had, I will, I did. Don't I?

-Trevor Goodchild, 'The Purge' (Aeon Flux)

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    However, this is just an 'example' of your writing. So a full all out completed thread isn't necessary.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast