Shadowed: I loved the opening. With the music playing, I could really feel it. It got my hopes up, but then it ended too swiftly, with the battle scene that you’d built up to so nicely not given the justice it deserved. Instead of leaving me going, “oh yeah! So awesome!” it gave me the literary version of blue-balls. The battle itself could have ebbed and flowed, gone up and down, like the song itself. With the opening you had, your entry could have been great. But still, kudos for building tension and maintaining a stylish, yet efficient flair.

Wings of Endymion: You were nearly the opposite of Shadowed. Your opening didn’t have the same striking impact that some of the other entries had, especially considering the nature of the song. After that, the fight scene was pretty decent, but it dragged on and didn’t pull me in. I couldn’t feel the intensity that the song calls for.

BlackandBlueEyes: I have one word for your entry: “Lol.” It didn’t have the same polished, fancy style as Shadowed’s entry, but the action was very clearly written and entertaining to visualize. I think it could have used some more serious stylistic touches, but it didn’t suffer too greatly from their absence. I like the twist both on taking a more humorous, tongue-and-cheek approach and going for a one-on-one duel rather than an epic battle. The scene was well paced, building up nicely, keeping me engaged in the middle, and wrapping up in a way that left me with a sense that it was a nice, completed entry.

Inkfinger: I didn’t get a great feel for your entry, unfortunately. Your style has a lot of potential, but you would benefit greatly from polishing it up a bit to make it sing more. The scene itself was pretty good on the whole, but reading it while listening to the music didn’t feel right to me. Still, keep at it.

Winners: This was a very tough call for me between BaBE and Shadowed. Both of you had good entries, but very different entries. Each had their positives and negatives, as I stated above.

First Place: BlackandBlueEyes – you killed a ninja with atheism, and if that can’t work as a tiebreaker, I don’t know what would. You get four Fate Points!

Second Place: Shadowed – you had a great start, but you didn’t deliver fully on the rest of the scene. I was left wanting more, but not in a good way. Had the battle been carried through with more description and dynamics instead of rushed through, you would have taken first place handily. Still, the overall entry was quite good, and worthy of the second place reward. You get another two Fate Points!

Congrats, everyone. Tune in next time for something completely different!