Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Round One, Bracket B: XIX vs. Reflux

Congratulations for making it into the Tournament of Champions. Both teams receive two Fate Points for making it this far! Posting can begin at 12 PM EST on the 14th and the battle closes at 11:59 PM EST on February 4th. Good luck to both teams!

Arenas were arranged at random, and your prompt is as follows:

Your battle takes you into a steaming, fetid jungle thick with thorny vines and infested with mosquitoes.

GP

Name
    Kristopher "Kaotic" Sasuno
    Race
    Hayze
    Hair Color
    Black w/ Red bangs
    Eye Color
    Purple with a smoky black tint
    Build
    5'1" 110Lbs.
    Job
    Necromancer

Tch, aren't I lucky...

It had to be a jungle. Of all places, Kristopher's first round fight had to be in a jungle. But of course, as the child entered the place, he knew it was no normal jungle for obvious reasons. One of those reasons being that he was in another world, of course everything in another world was going to be unusual to him. Of course though, different worlds were nothing new to Kristopher since he's been to many during his travels, knowingly or unknowingly finding them.

The jungle was thick with vines that had thorns scattered across their surfaces. They looked pretty sharp meaning he should avoid them, and if he could, use them against his opponents. The trees in the forest were another thing, unusually huge from what he could tell though he couldn't see the tops of them because of all of the branches above him. The branches of the trees were woven together, twisting around each other at some point, making it seem like all of the trees connected because of it and at first glance that was what Kristopher thought until he looked more closely at them.

The smell of the jungle was also something, one that would make any other being cover their noses because of how badly it smelled. But not Kristopher. He knew the smell too well, that of rotting flesh, there were corpses around. Clearly visible were the corpses of the jungle's children, large cats were what they all resembled from what Kristopher could tell. A grin crossed his face as he looked at all of them, hanging from trees, vines, or just laying on the ground. The corpses would put Kristopher at an advantage if he chose to use them, which he began to think about, but he wouldn't know if he should use them or not until his opponents showed up.

Finishing his investigation of the area, he brought his pale hand to his forehead and wiped the sweat from his head, the humidity had gotten to him a little but wouldn't effect him during the battle, or so he hoped. The jungle was definately hot, but Kristopher had been in places where the temperature was much higher, where his skin burned as he moved, restricting his movements but not even that stopped him from finishing what he had to do, and the humidity of the place wasn't going to stop him from participating in this battle.

Slowly, he stepped through the jungle to try and find a clearing of some sort, or even Rensuko if he was already there. If he were to run into an opponent instead he'd fight, but not knowing about who he was going up against for once left him cautious. Since every time Kristopher has taken part in a battle, he's known a thing or two about who he was facing, this was something he wasn't used to but didn't plan to let it stop him. His hands moved into the pockets of his trench coat as he began to grind his teeth against each other, having his Shadow Eyes watch the area around himself. He was the leader of the feared XIX Organization, no matter how much he hated jungles he didn't plan to back down from the upcoming battle.

'Hsssssssss... Mosquitoes, Mosquitoes, Mosquitoes. These things are annoying.'

Kristopher's hands shot out of his trench coat as the voice shot through his head, placing his hands at his temples as his eyes shut. He calmed as the voice faded and responded. You're far more annoying. Now shut up, the mosquitoes aren't going away, this place is filled with them.

'Watch your words boy! Don't you forget who has the control here.'

Kristopher ignored the voice the second time, oh how he hated that spirit, but knowing it, the thing would speak again about something. He'd ignore it though, simple as that, he knew it wouldn't do anything since it would die if Kristopher did. His mind wandered as he waited, it seemed he had arrived early and he was far too lazy to move anymore until he had to.

The Child remembered clearly why he hated jungles so much, and The Spirit, reading what was on his mind, cut in once more.

'I remember it too. You were careless and they caught you with your guard down. You put my life at risk that day boy!'

Could you just not talk? I wasn't careless, and I didn't have my guard down. There was at least a dozen of them-

'There was four...'

No, I distinctly remember seeing at least twelve.

'No boy, I was there too, and there was four.'

Okay okay, there was four then. But even so, they were gifted with control over nature, and we were in a huge jungle. Like this one.

As Kristopher finished his last statement, he began to remember it all as it happened. Even with his shadow eyes, he had a hard time keeping up with them, quick and stealthy having their nature control as another advantage to boot. They basically had him completely surrounded, the trees, grass, flowers, vines, everything attacked him at once. The only reason he survived that encounter with those four beings was because of his Bikou Karasu and his "Shadows". One of the few near-death situations he had gotten himself into, and also the reason behind his hate for areas like the one he currently stood in.

Memories out of his head once more, he had nothing to do but wait. The Child parted his lips to speak, "Let's get this over with..."
    "He's only a child, how could he have killed them?"

Jungles, one of mother natures' creations.Over the past centuries, they've been quite a nuisance to some, and to others they've been heaven on earth. it was a bit between the two for the young man whose feet we're glued to the ground, his body unmoved and untouched by the surroundings.He stood in the middle of a small crater,his eyes were shut as he admired the marvelous sounds created by the many toucans that were scattered across the jungle, they weren't anywhere near him though the sounds they made radiated to his ears.

Who would have thought toucans made such graceful sounds? Even the wildest of beasts would enjoy them.

'Raawr!'

The sudden sound snapped the young man out of the hypnotized state,the noise also stopped the sounds made by the toucans.It was that of a wild animal, that of a predator, who was obviously nowhere near him.

"A panther?...I didn't even know if these animals lived in jungles"

Spoke the young man, whose name cannot be forgotten, Rensuko, member of the XIX organization. He tilted his head backwards as his eyes were fixed upwards. About 130 feet or so above him, was a 15 feet in diameter hole through the branches, this was how he landed upon this jungle thus, explaining the crater below his feet. One wouldn't be able to perceive the sky due to the thickened branches that were so close to each other, unless they looked out of the circle above created by Rensuko when he was fired himself down to the area. However minimum rays of sunlight found their way through the thick green branches, thus explaining the phenomenal green color of this jungle.

Annoying noises suddenly came up, the sounds were similar to that of a nascar race.

"What the hell?..."

Said Rensuko as he slapped the air and front of him.

"Damn it...Mosquitoes!"

The tone of his voice made it clear that he was annoyed by them.

'Mosquitoes! Mosquitoes!'

A voice said. Rensuko slightly turned his upper torso and turned his dead behind him.

'Mosquitoes!'

On 7 feet tall tree was an animal, it was a Macaw, it say on the lowest branch of the tree. Its dark beak moved in an up in down motion as it repeated the word. Its dark eyes never left Rensuko, the color of his head area was colored red, his chest was that of a yellow color, its back and the rest of its body was red. Rensuko turned his body fully to face the bird.

"I didn't know parrots lived in the jungle too..."

The bird tilted his sideways quickly and spoke

'Idiot!, idiot!'

Rensuko looked at the bird with lazy eyes and a cartoonish like look stamped upon his face. The birds' head feathers suddenly fluffed out with his head slightly tilted down and his body seemed to be relaxed.

Though Rensukos' family was mostly samurais, his mother cared and cherished for birds such as these. From what Rensuko learned, it seemed the bird was trying to tell him something.

"Hmmm..."

Rensuko said as his index finger rubbed agaisnt his chin area. He snapped his fingers as he spoke

"...You want to be fed right?"

'Scratch head! Scratch head!'

"Oh, right"

Rensuko leaned in and did what the parrot demended. After this being done, the parrot flew up to Rensuko and landed on his shoulder, Rensuko had began to walk in search of the battle area, the Macaw acting as his guide due to it knowing most of the places of this jungle. Rensuko hopped over swamps and fought his way through the vines, though as hot as it was it didn't affect Rensuko, that's one of the advantages Rensuko had from his Energy Conversion. 5 minutes later, he had arrived, the bird flew of his shoulder and headed for a nearby tree for the pleasure of observing them.

He noticed Kristopher and addressed him as he nodded.

"Kris..."
    This was a sort of greet for him.

"Do you know what I had to endure? I had this bossy parrot on my shoulder, and those annoying ass mosquitoes, and those damn vines.I'm gonna pray everyday now..."

With a light chuckle he resumed his sentence

"Because I think I've just had a taste of hell..."
    Last edited by Rensuko; 01-14-09 at 07:26 PM.

Out of Character:
    I'm sorry but this is just simply ridiculous.Do they plan to post any time soon? ._.

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Thank you for participating! Max Dirks will judge this battle shortly. Please do not contact your judge regarding the judgment until after it has been posted.

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black