Hair Color
    Pale turquoise, nearing white
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Ah, that makes sense. What name do you go by on Gateway?

And also, the limited knowledge of appearance is fine, probably better that way - as serfs anyway, they likely would be difficult to spot immediately as is.
    Commencement of Learning - Solo, Completed. 66/100 - 750EXP
    A Battle of the Mind - Battle, Closed.

For Gateway: still TwinDeath. Always TwinDeath
    Könnt ihr mich hören?
    Könnt ihr mich sehen?
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
    Ich versteh euch nicht.

Oh, Sal and Sebastian: You may notice the OOC note in my post in round one. I would recommend one of you two post something like it. It ensures that any slip on either team members part will not be counted against you by the judges.
    Könnt ihr mich hören?
    Könnt ihr mich sehen?
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
    Ich versteh euch nicht.

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Hey guys, I would like to inform you that, unfortunately, Sebastian will be replaced by another player. The reason for this is a lack of contact with the dude... As per this thread.

My new partner will be Miehn, using this profile for the fight.

Obviously, it is an unfortunate turn of events, as I was looking forward to the progression and interaction between Savannah and Sebastian, however I am looking forward to roleplaying with a TOTALLY new person.

Miehn and I haven't really had the chance to converse beyond something like:

"Wanna be my new partner?"
    "Sure, sounds good."
    "Alright, cool."

So... I am going to be playing, just so you know, Savannah being ignorant, ICly, to the fact that Sebastian has 'dropped' and a new partner will be had.

I hope this doesn't mess things up in terms of your tactics etc, and if it does, I apologise for my friend's unreliability.

Well, Exfee and I were hoping to have Savannah and Sebastian fighting each other by the end of the round, but oh well. Point Miehn over to this thread so we can have a proper welcome, and good luck to you both.

Miehn, I do have a question about the "Yer shittin me" ability. Given that the effects of Xaul's weapons, Drshil and Haingre, are magical, how is the ability going to be used? I only ask because the effects are not in and of themselves a spell. Also, with regards to my partner, can the ability effect psionic powers?

Oh, and do you plan to use Savannah's telepathy, Sal? If so, and Xaul becomes targeted, then we need to discuss the implications of someone directly linking themselves to an insane and evil god. Right now, the only thing saving Epsilon is the fact that Xaul has not released his hold on Resheph.
    Last edited by TwinDeath; 01-15-09 at 04:24 PM.
    Könnt ihr mich hören?
    Könnt ihr mich sehen?
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
    Ich versteh euch nicht.

GP

Name
    Isis Ixidar
    Race
    Echelonian
    Hair Color
    Violet
    Eye Color
    Orange
    Build
    5'2"/xxx
    Job
    Vagrant

One mans loss is another mans opportunity. Good luck Meihn.

It'd be interesting if this last minute team actually ended up rocking.
    Last edited by Isis Ixidar; 01-15-09 at 04:56 PM.

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Well, we had intended for them to be fighting a lot anyway. ^_^ It was a part of their dynamic.

In terms of the telepathy, it will likely not show up during this early stage of the tournament - at the moment ALL of her powers are latent. My original intention, which still stands, is to go through this tournament with as much realism as possible. Savannah's powers will only manifest if it's obvious that the opposition is going to be ridiculously more powerful than her.

Even when they do manifest, however, it will mainly be out of her conscious control - including the telepathy - Mind reading will likely not take place, as it was intended to be part of the 'Twin Relationship' thing; though if there is, that element of it is only going to be used between Savannah and Miehn - Though we have yet to discuss ANYTHING about our fighting plans at the moment.

And the 'Mind Control' aspect isn't so much about creating a conscious 'link' between each person and controlling them, it is more making suggestions... It will be weak to start, that is for sure, if even used in this round... But the effectiveness of these 'suggestions' is entirely up to the player at hand.

Of course, though, if you are wanting to play this battle more collaboratively than is the 'norm' in text-based combat, seeing as we're being judged on writing more than IC combat skill, I'd be happy to go with some effects taking place.

Hope that clears things up for you, and I sent Miehn a PM linking him to both this thread and the actual fight thread, so I imagine he'll come take a look and what not once he gets back online.

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Isis Ixidar, I agree entirely with you... It was indeed a shame Sebastian essentially dropped himself out, but Miehn's character looks well cool (in my opinion) and I am sure we will be able to work well together.

And it'll add a nice dynamic to the team - that they're strangers, and Savannah was expecting Sebastian to be there.

GP

Name
    Epsilon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Steel-grey
    Build
    5'11", 170 lbs
    Job
    Battle Esper

Lord Saladin! Excellent to meet you, and my apologies for being late to this party. (I forgot to put on alerts. How shameful...)

At any rate, I am looking forward to our actual combat. Though I'm a bit surprised that Sebastian bailed on you with no explanation, it's good that you were able to find another partner. All that's left is for him to post, ne?

Well, since I can't question him about his ability to counteract Epsilon's psionics, I can only wish you good and he good luck!
    if (do || !do){
    Jedi.try();
    }

ERROR! Method try() undefined for type Jedi.

GP

Name
    Epsilon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Steel-grey
    Build
    5'11", 170 lbs
    Job
    Battle Esper

On the subject of strangers allying, Epsilon and Xaul really aren't that much different themselves. I'm interested to see how they make an alliance on the spot, especially considering Savannah's (and Tveir's) expectations.
    if (do || !do){
    Jedi.try();
    }

ERROR! Method try() undefined for type Jedi.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast