Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round One, Bracket B: Matheson Twins vs. Tvier Valka Seula

Ok, thanks for the explanation, Sal. Here's the reason I asked:

Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxis
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinDeath
    As I am to be fighting a character with the potential for telepathy, I would like to clear something. Resheph is a dark, black, malevolent god, and any contact with him would almost certainly scar the mind and soul of the one making the contact. would it be regarded as powergaming to have Resheph attack a character who has made contact with Xaul's mind, and therefore with Resheph? I realize that I did not mention this ability, but I believe it to be a logical progression given what has already been mentioned.

Thank you.
    As logical as it is, I think it's not a good idea to do so since it wasn't in his profile. However, if you play it more like a story thing and not an attack (take for example, take the effect on the mind a telepath delving into that of a demented psychopath). Another idea would be to contact your opponent and ask about it, then include in an OOC note that it was approved.

Hope this helps!
    If you want to have this be a little more collaborative, say so. I'm certainly open to the idea.
    Könnt ihr mich hören?
    Könnt ihr mich sehen?
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
    Ich versteh euch nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinDeath View Post
    Well, Exfee and I were hoping to have Savannah and Sebastian fighting each other by the end of the round, but oh well. Point Miehn over to this thread so we can have a proper welcome, and good luck to you both.

Miehn, I do have a question about the "Yer shittin me" ability. Given that the effects of Xaul's weapons, Drshil and Haingre, are magical, how is the ability going to be used? I only ask because the effects are not in and of themselves a spell. Also, with regards to my partner, can the ability effect psionic powers?

Oh, and do you plan to use Savannah's telepathy, Sal? If so, and Xaul becomes targeted, then we need to discuss the implications of someone directly linking themselves to an insane and evil god. Right now, the only thing saving Epsilon is the fact that Xaul has not released his hold on Resheph.
    Unless the effect directly targets me, and I have the opportunity to say "Yer shiitin me.", unless your swords have a death ray, magical pollen grenades, or similar, I can't do anything against it. If your swords have an ability like the one on my spike, he has no way to defend against it.

Put it this way. Despite having been trapped on Althanas for the last 2-3 years, Miehm is still skeptical of magic. "Yer shittin me." is an expression of disbelief powerful enough to modify probability. So, a spell or attack that doesn't give him an opportunity to disbelieve in it will hit. He can also never learn the exact operation of this ability, because that would negate the entire point, if you know that by not believing in magic, you can nullify magic, you must first accept(and therefore believe in) magic. Catch 22. It only functions once on a spell because after he sees it blow something up, or what have ye, he has no choice but to accept the reality.

Sorry about the delay in being on. My job has odd hours, but I'm free every friday and all weekends(kinda, depending how lenient my wife is), so I should have a post up in the battle thread today.

Also, it's Miehm.
    I'm not afraid of loving my enemies. Turning the other cheek. Blessing those that would curse me. I honestly want peace with you. But when you come against my country. When you come against my family, You try to destroy my people. I can't just stand by. There's no way that I can stand by. This time, I will not stand by.
    I am coming, and if I come, then pain is coming with me.
    I'm coming, and pain will be with me.

- Game On

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    Sorry for posting in here, but I wanted to add it as a side note that the thread that you linked as a reason for picking a new partner should be posted in by the remaining partner in the group. You should explain the reason for the change, what team it is, and who is taking the place of the second member so that we, as the judges, know why a new person is joining instead of having to dig and search through OOC notes and such to find it.

That's all! Lol. Good luck and hopefully everything works out!

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Pale turquoise, nearing white
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Sorry Taskmienster... My bad. I'll get to it now.
    Commencement of Learning - Solo, Completed. 66/100 - 750EXP
    A Battle of the Mind - Battle, Closed.

Whups, sorry for screwing up the name, Miehm. Here's one last question, and it's all your fault. Your little mp3 projector has gotten my music geek ready and rarin' to go, so I would like permission to add to Resheph a knowledge of music from our reality. (not too much of a stretch, as he is a god.) Y'see, I want to allow my inner metalhead to run free with a few references. I only ask so that a judge will not ding me later for using an unapproved ability.

Oh, and welcome to the battle! When your world comes crashing down, I want to be there!
    Last edited by TwinDeath; 01-16-09 at 04:07 PM.
    Könnt ihr mich hören?
    Könnt ihr mich sehen?
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
    Ich versteh euch nicht.

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    Not a problem man, just wanted to have it out in the open since I remember now after talking to Miehm on AIM... but probably would forget till it was brought up. haha.

As for the music thing, you should be fine. As long as you have IC justification it shouldn't be a worry.

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

So, are we keeping to a posting order? If not, I may well throw a post up tonight.

Though, of course, a posting order does help to keep things neat.

for actual fighting i think that a posting order would be beneficial, but right now, not so much. I'm gonna post tonight, too, and since everything is happening all at once, don't think we need an order for now. (Yes, I am a member of the Association of Redundancy Group.)

Thoughts on the order?
    Könnt ihr mich hören?
    Könnt ihr mich sehen?
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
    Ich versteh euch nicht.

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Well, thus far, considering your post this evening, we've kept to the same order as we started out in... So, I think we should continue doing so.

And though we aren't yet into the fighting, perhaps for consistency's sake, we should maintain it from the start?

Edit: And another nice post. I'm impressed by my opponents for the first time in quite a while. ^_^
    Last edited by Lord Saladin; 01-17-09 at 08:57 PM.

Well, that sounds good. Let it be known that unless someone needs to get something said, the posting order shall be as follows: TwinDeath, Exspherius, Lord Saladin, Miehm.

Thanks for the complement, also. Meant to say, your post is also impressive. I most certaintly am looking forward to seeing Savannah and Miehm finding out that they're partners now...

Having looked at some other battles, I have to say that almost everyone here in the ToC is an outstanding writer.
    Könnt ihr mich hören?
    Könnt ihr mich sehen?
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
    Ich versteh euch nicht.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast