Pale turquoise, nearing white
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

A Royal Education

As always, Rardaag awoke with the rising of the sun. The light shining in through the curtains reflected against the walls to give the room a distinct blue glow. It was a pleasant glow to awake within, and as he stretched to remove the slight fatigue from having just woken up, Rardaag smiled, knowing that this would be a good day. Eleanor was, unsurprisingly, perched on the curtain rail, looking down at the elf as though she had been guarding him all night. "Morning, Eleanor. We should get to see the Queen today, that will be a wonderful experience." Rardaag then proceeded to make his preparations for the day; washed, dressed, performed the rituals of his faith and packed his satchel, taking some dried meat and giving it to Eleanor. Then, he made his way to the common room of the inn, his satchel hanging from a shoulder, and unstrung bow once again acting as a walking stick.

"G'mornin' elf-friend. I tek it ya wan' some breakfast? We've best sausages in t'whole a Scara Brae, that we do. They'll be done in 'bout ten minutes for ya." Jain, as a good Inn Keeper, was also awake, as lively as he was the night previous.

"Thank you, Jain. I'd also like a glass of water." Rardaag laughed silently as he looked around the common room, he had a choice of all the tables this morning; no other patrons were awake. He chose a table near to the one he had sat at the night before, leant his bow against the wall and waited for the food to be cooked and delivered. Jain was making the meal, the elf suspected, as the man did not return to the common room until he placed the food and glass of water on the table in front of Rardaag.

"Please, sit with me for a few moments, Jain?" It was only a slight inflection that gave the question, but Rardaag needed to discuss extended lodgings, as he was already here at The Horse and Carriage he might as well enquire. As Jain sat, Rardaag cleared his throat quietly. "I would like to discuss prices of extended lodgings. I intend to stay here for about a month, perhaps two. I will need bed and food each night and morning, and if you can spare, a good horse."

Jain spent a few moments stroking his chin, obviously thinking, as though he expected a beard to be present on his red-cheeked, smoothly shaven face. "A'right. Sixty gold a week, extra if ya wan' more 'an a basic meal. An' for t'horse, it'll be thirty f'week."

It was certainly quite expensive, but such things couldn't be helped, and Rardaag knew he'd be able to barter once he saw the horse. He nodded his acceptance, starting to slice a sausage, obviously finished with the negotiations, or so Jain would think as he walked back into the kitchen. The elf was thankful he'd been able to build a substantial amount of money in the last few years, otherwise he'd be in a fair amount of trouble financially within only a few weeks at these rates. The meal was a pleasant one, still warm despite the delay, and quite sufficient to curb his hunger. Remaining seated for a short amount of time after finishing his meal, Rardaag enjoyed the quiet peace of an early morning, knowing he had quite a distance to travel in order to reach the palace that housed the Queen and ruler of this island.

Finally, deciding that there would be no further hesitation in departing, Rardaag stood, grabbed his bow, and walked into the kitchen so he could pay Jain and also see the horse he would be riding. There was a definite sense of excitement about the elf, he'd not ever seen a member of royalty, yet he always was a little anxious that he'd be denied an audience with the Queen. May destiny be my ally today.
    Last edited by Lord Saladin; 01-28-09 at 02:25 PM.
    Commencement of Learning - Solo, Completed. 66/100 - 750EXP
    A Battle of the Mind - Battle, Closed.

GP

Name
    V'ryn A'lemor
    Race
    Arlyian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Deep Green
    Build
    175cm / 75kg

V'ryn sat cross legged in the royal library of the Queen with a large tome of the history of her reign spread across his lap.

Hmmm, hasn't done to bad in the grand scheme of things, but nothing to extraordinary to mark it

V'ryn had been in the palace for a week now. Working his way through various tomes and having meet with the Queens chief magic advisor he felt his stay here was almost done. Perhaps just one more day of that feather bed.

Better than anything you'll find on the road, that's for sure, and some of these books do hint to a stone somewhere that may help me translate my book and my robe

He slowly rose, placing the book under his arm and walked around to where he had found it, some where like row 25, shelf 2, under Current Reign. After a couple of minutes he found the gap and replaced the book.

Just as he was about to leave an aid came rushing saying that the Queen had an audience this morning and wanted me there to observe the meeting for some reason.

Who am I to refuse a queen?

V'ryn followed the aid out towards the throne room wondering what sort of meeting this was the needed him there.

GP

Name
    Madyrn Baelystadi
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Golden
    Build
    5'10'' 130lbs
    Job
    Assassin, Thief, Mercenary

Madyrn woke up with a dry cough, a blue, paint-cracked ceiling above him. His eyes took a moment to adjust to the light pouring in from a nearby clouded window.

Where am I? he couldn't recall. He ran his tongue around his mouth, trying to generate some moisture as he sat up.

The elf was in what appeared to be a low-end room in a small town inn. The walls were covered in grey and white-striped wallpaper, the bed was small and tucked away in a corner, and the only other characteristic was a single dull window and a black rug.

Moreover, all of these things were covered in blood.

Madyrn observed all of these things, observed his hands, caked in blood, as they opened and closed at his command. The blood was cold and dry, it had been spilled hours ago. To his right and left were two human women, naked and torn apart savagely - the elf suddenly remembered last night.

He'd had the feeling of anticipation, of wanting. He remembered picking up the two women separately and bringing them to his room minutes apart, but they responded fairly well. The sex was short and animalistic, rabid, and Madyrn recalled that it hadn't been enough. He needed them to hurt. That was when he'd begun to enjoy himself.

He tasted blood in his mouth, remembering more and more. Madyrn needed new clothing and a shower, and needed to get them without being noticed. He also needed to kill the innkeeper and anyone else who knew he was in this room.

It was going to be a long morning.

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Pale turquoise, nearing white
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Guiding the horse around the stables, Rardaag judged the beast to be a suitable candidate for what he may need at a later date. Guiding the animal back into its stall, the elf gave it a quick rub and patted its neck. With Eleanor perched on the elf's shoulder, she let out a small squawk, as though in protest at Rardaag interacting so fondly with another animal. Raising a hand to stroke the feathers of his winged companion, Rardaag simply chuckled slightly.

Not entirely sure of the exact protocol involved during such events, the decision was made not to arrive at the Valeena Family Castle on horseback. Doing so would make things considerably easier upon arrival - there would be no need to call stable-hands and all other related activities one would expect a guest to receive when accompanied by a steed.

With Eleanor pacified for the time being, Rardaag started out towards the Castle, glad it was early in the morning. The near empty streets, especially on the dock, made getting to the residence of Queen Ballari a pleasant, leisurely experience. The elf took an easy pace, spending time admiring once again the simple yet sturdy architecture of the city, stopping occasionally to smell a flower, or admire a leaf; at times almost forgetting entirely what he was actually supposed to be doing.

Finally reaching the gates of the Castle, he was met by two very largely built guards, men who carried the composure of those who were solidly confident of their superior combat skills. They were, to say the least, a fair bit intimidating, yet Rardaag approached them with his ever friendly smile, offering a generic greeting before getting down to business.

"I am Rardaag Dewwit, of Raiaera. I would request an audience with Queen Ballari Andra Valeena."
    Commencement of Learning - Solo, Completed. 66/100 - 750EXP
    A Battle of the Mind - Battle, Closed.

GP

Name
    Madyrn Baelystadi
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Golden
    Build
    5'10'' 130lbs
    Job
    Assassin, Thief, Mercenary

On a morning as excitable as Madyrn's, he was pleased to have chosen an inn in such a run-down sector of the region. Few people living here could afford an inn, and travelers rarely settled down here if they had a choice.

This made approaching the innkeeper much easier, for the elf's quick run had him close before the man knew what was happening. All he saw was a bloodied, golden blur leaping across his counter, a knife flashing in the morning sun. Madyrn jumped right into him, driving his kukri deep into the human man's bloated, greedy throat. The weight of the elf drove him into the far wall, where he smashed into a mirror and knocked over an assortment of bottles containing alcohol. They fell to the ground in a heap and shattered.

The human staggered, holding onto the elf in an attempt to keep his weight from pulling the knife. It seemed logical at the time.

Madyrn's eyes burned with hate and with a desperate, senseless need to kill and be forgotten. He pulled the kukri down, tearing a bigger wound, and braced himself as the man slid down the fall and onto his back. Madyrn removed the weapon and drove it again into the man's chest, but the human didn't react. It didn't stop the elf from doing it again and again, smashing and tearing, decorating the area with steams of blood and bone and fat and gut.

Eventually he stopped, sat up and straddled the mangled corpse. His breathing settled slowly as he looked about, wiping hair from his face and licking blood from his lips. He checked the man's pockets and took a key, then went to the inn's door and locked it.

He used the key to open what he thought was a storage closet, but ended up being the innkeeper's personal quarters - evidently, he'd lived there. Here Madyrn found some clothes that were too big for him and a bathtub with running water. He washed slowly, taking an almost perverse pleasure in cleaning himself and washing the blood from his hair and skin. It took some time but eventually he was clean and refreshed.

Dressing in a large pair of pants and a blue shirt, Madyrn left the inn still wet, taking a quick look around to make sure he hadn't been seen. Back in Scara Brae City he could find some clothes that suited him better, and melt back into the sea of regular folk until the Scourge had something more for him to do.

Just another day.

GP

Name
    Mathias
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'9"/180

"I think you're double damn insane," Leader said. But the grin that spread across her face was about five miles too long to allow Mathias to believe, even for a second, that she wasn't impressed. "How you're still alive, by the Sway, I will never know."

Mathias was sure that this would be the plan that would work. This was not only a declaration of war against the scrutiny of the Guard, and by extension the Aristocracy, but it was also a massive proclamation of the renewal of strength that the Scara Scourge was ready to reveal it had. Although they were still hurting for members, the ones they had were being tempered in the underground war that had been waging between them and the foreign Blackhood Syndicate. But this would be the ultimate act of both bravery and stupidity that Mathias, and probably the Scourge for that matter, had ever attempted.

If all went well, then not only would they be sitting on an enormous ransom, but they'd also have warranted the attention of everyone in Scara Brae. And even though the pressure they'd be put under would be vast, they would also garner the support, respect, and loyalty of all the dissident criminal outfits, cells, and pockets that had yet to unite under their banner.

Leader leaned over the desk and shook her head. A couple loose strands of blond hair strayed across her face, marring her big, deep-blue eyes with their presence. Her smile was sly, wolfish, and it betrayed the excitement she was attempting to conceal. "Who would have thought we'd have a member crazy enough to steal the Royal Jewels of Scara Brae."

~

The strings that Leader could pull seemed endless, especially to Mathias. For him, she was in the center of a myriad web of tangled pledges, favors, and debts that constantly shifted about as each day passed. Where each line led to, he couldn't even begin to fathom, yet it never failed that she was able to arrange what they needed. And rightly so; for there seemed no better cover for the young thief than to be placed in the Scarabian Palace itself.

He found himself as an assistant librarian, a post he met with an amused sense of irony. How long ago was it, now, that he had met Lillian Sesthal? He was quite taken with her... overly fond, although he had tried his best to be cautious about allowing his feelings for her to grow. But to think that he was now in her shoes... why she had left the comfort of the library in Fallien to seek out the world and see its wonders and horrors, he'd never know. But at the very least, it had allowed them to meet.

But wouldn't that girl find it funny to see him here now?

Mathias leaned back in the chair he occupied. His eyes shifted around from behind the ornately carved mahagony desk at which he was set, with several books and maps strewn about it. He had been studying the architecture of the castle, claiming the books with an innocent, passing interest in it. But his true motive was to memorize every nook and cranny, every route and pathway, and every detail of the layout of the entire building.

A servant opened the doors and peeked inside, looking around. His eyes brushed over Mathias, barely even taking note of the planeswalker. He had been pretty careful to stay as inconspicuous as possible, showing only a facade of an eager, enthusiastic youth with a yearning for knowledge. The guise of an aspiring scholar had been working well enough. But he had been keeping keen on the happenings of the castle, listening intently to conversations that took place in and around the library.

One of the guests of the castle had been called to participate in an audience with the queen. The youth tilted his head, seemingly engulfed in the text he was reading, although his mind was focused on the exchange. Both the guest and the aide left the large hall. Mathias moved from his seat and made his way to pick up the book that the man had been reading, looking it over carefully before he looked for its proper place to put it away.
    Where do you move when where you're moving from... is yourself?

Current Threads
    Magnolia in the Mold (Closed)
    Vandal Violence (Solo)

Completed Threads (Not in Profile Yet)
    None.

Records
    Battles Won: 1 / Lost: 2 / Tied: 0
    Highest Score: 80.5

GP

Name
    Heinrik Unheilv
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Coffee brown
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    5'10"/172 lb.
    Job
    Nobility*

"I've spent much of my gold peices and grace on travel expences. I don't intend to squander the last of my coin on finery."
    Landi sighed, "That's a shame, Heinrik. You can't expect to flock with the higher class here, unless you can afford the fashions."
    The two young men idled infront of the Scare Brae's castle gates. Beside them a horse or horse drawn cart would plod down the paved road, but otherwise the day was quiet and uncrowded.

"So be it." Heinrik Unheilv simply responded. Landi Maneucc expected as much from his rather conservative minded friend. Landi often had to move conversations along; even when the two were pre-adolescents, his friend was short in speech and aloof. Heinrik knew himself to often be in that disposition; though today he felt talkative enough, and expected Landi to keep picking up the conversation. He did so:

"Are you enjoying our island of Scara Brae, so far?"
    "It's very good," Heinrik replied, "and thriving in it's ways." Landi Maneucc smiled at this. "Yet, it feels vulnerable, being so peaceful as it is. And these small, self-sufficient nations can become very dependant on their own resources. It takes only a fairly accurate invasion force to burn the farms and blockade the imports; fairly easy to do, this being an island after all. The population would decrease from starvation, as would the military defence." he lost had had forgotten how his friend Landi disliked talking of war, and most other troubling topics.

Landi, after looking fairly offended, replied, "We have a fine order of knights to protect us. You are quiete safe, my friend." Heinrik would later figure that the point of the conversation was missed on purpose. "Yes, Scara Brae is quite wealthy enough to defend and support itself. This building, the castle, is not only the Queen's home, but aslo a real a testament to our wealth."

Both of the young nobles stood still, and spent a minute of silence to admire the castle's walls, covered in interesting flowers and vines.
    Landi started, "Speaking of which, I have invited you here to in come along inside the palace. You might now this, but the Maneucc family are very good friends of the Queen and her staff. I'm often allowed inside. Let's see if the Queen is allowing us privilaged visitors inside today?"
    "I can't pass the oppurtunity." said Heinrik.

Both youths walked together up to and past the gate-guards without hindrance. Though they didn't seem to blink at the two upper class youths, the guards weren't as instantly complient with an elven visitor. Heinrik noted with satisfaction at his friend's privilage, and that he would be a confident asset for any later plans of his.

Following his friend to a large, unpopulated room with an exceptionally crafted wood panel floor, the two nobles mingled there a while. Along one long wall, there were benches lined up; on the opposite wall, peak-shaped windows were set in, overlooking a lush courtyard.
    "This is an imported wood, this flooring. Very good, and expensive." noted Heinrik.
    "You have a very astute eye, my friend." Landi said cheerily. Heinrik resisted making an unpleasent face. He found compliments loathsome, as he had been showered with them by servants and groveling peasants. Even so, he reasoned Landi was sincere. "Our imports are another testiment to the Queen's wealth and peaceful relations." Landi continued, then stopped to stare, introspective, out from a window.
    Heinrik began gazing at the floor, and covered his chin with is hand, thoughtfuly rubbing his cheek.

"Have you seen their treasury room, Landi?"
    "No. It is very well guarded, I'm told, and it's exact location a secret. It is the source of some intriuging tales, my friend."
    Last edited by Heinrich Black; 02-22-09 at 02:54 AM.