Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your unusual talents/hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by Caden Law View Post
    Thought experiments on nightmare scenarios.

I am probably the best prepared in this thread to deal with anything from a hostage scenario to a zombie apocalypse
    I'll argue that. I've planned everything from a home invasion to civil war, to foreign invasion, to aforementioned zombie apocalypse, and am at least partially prepared(if only in armament) for all eventualities.

That being said, I have a near encyclopedic knowledge of the band Metallica, from their first members, to an almost perfect ability to recite their track listing in order, from Kill 'em All to Re-Load.

I also have a fair knife collection, several swords, a very nice Traditions muzzleloader(a Pursuit for those of you who care, or know what I'm even talking about). I hunt, but do not fish. I have a varied and near encyclopedic knowledge of many basic firearms. I can tell you how to figure the gauge of a shotgun, and what gauge actually means(I was surprised my father in law didn't know that last one).

I'm also, I think, a fairly mediocre writer. I play a mean Tuba, and a middling Bass. Lemmy I am not. I have never taken a course in philosophy, and yet can hold my own in a discussion.

I can burn anything given enough time and materials(this includes NOMEX and Asbestos).

I scored a 98 on the ASVAB.
    Last edited by Miehm; 01-28-09 at 12:53 AM.
    I'm not afraid of loving my enemies. Turning the other cheek. Blessing those that would curse me. I honestly want peace with you. But when you come against my country. When you come against my family, You try to destroy my people. I can't just stand by. There's no way that I can stand by. This time, I will not stand by.
    I am coming, and if I come, then pain is coming with me.
    I'm coming, and pain will be with me.

- Game On

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

I'll back Meihm on this one. I thought I was well prepared for a zombie invasion, but then he was all "yeah, I already have my secret hideout ready to go, and I have enough guns and ammunition to take over a third world country."

EXP: 12,400, Level: 4
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 1,600
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,600
    GP

Name
    MetalDrago Scorpio
    Race
    Dragonian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Orchid
    Build
    6'4"/206lbs.
    Job
    None

I collect swords and knives...

More than that, I like to keep a collection of Linux and Windows Operating Systems nearby me at all times, and I also like to load them up on any computer I can get my hands on... Matter of fact, I loaded the Fedora OS on one of my school's computers just today.

A list of every OS I've ever, personally, used:

Microsoft
    MSDOS (that is to say, a computer that ran entirely on command prompt... it was a nightmare)
    Windows 95
    Windows 98
    skipped both Me and 2000
    Windows XP
    Vista (and I still hate it)
    Windows 7 Beta

Linux
    Ubuntu
    Kubuntu
    Ubuntu Server
    Fedora

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Half Human, Half Elemental
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

I sing. Competed with Spokane's chapter of the Sweet Adelines (large group A Capella barbershop/jazz) for two years. That group is the region 13 champion for the last decade or so. They just recently (without me since they are all rich old ladies and I am not) took second place in international competition. Other than that I did my first performance in front of a large audience who paid to get their seats (not counting church or charity events) in the sixth grade. I used to think I was good, but then I joined the last group (sweet adelines) where we spent a year (one hour a day, plus one day a week for eight hours and one weekend a month for forty-eight hours) practicing TWO SONGS and still finding room to improve...well, I am now pretty critical of what is a 'good' sound. I have dabbled in composing my own music..

Other than that...I like to count things. I used to have hundreds of books before I got robbed (who steals books, I mean HONESTLY. They left my tv, they took my books). I study languages too. I am semi-fluent in sign language, I know some Japanese and German, snippets of Spanish and French and my best friend is determined to teach me Russki (Russian), but I am horrible at it.

I like to play with words. Their meaning, their sound. It's fascinating. I love studying how the human mind works. Recently got into MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator...if you are interested).

I have tons of other hobbies...I have racing thoughts, I need to keep myself occupied or I go a little cross eyed.

I like to talk...ok, I don't like to, I just do. On and on and on.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

EXP: 14,164, Level: 5
    Level completed: 3%, EXP required for next level: 5,836
    Level completed: 3%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,836
    GP

Name
    Torin Reahkari
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0" / 195 lbs
    Job
    Leader of the Black Sails Armada

View Profile
    Not really a talent, but I can play any video game or system without tutorials or help from people. Except soccer games. I really suck at soccer.

Uh..I always have to know how stuff works. I have several pieces of a hundred different electronics / paintball guns I took apart and put back together (most of the time..some are still in pieces)...

I can quote almost scene for scene anything I watch on tv. Or movies. That's more of a thing that annoys people though, not a talent.

I guess I'm pretty average.
    Inventory
    Tanzalis - 5.5 ft long Mythril greatsword with Delyn core
    3 Delyn 2 1/2" Claws In Either Glove
    Honor - Adamantine dagger
    Duty - Delyn dagger

Items
    Medal of Trestoria
    50 cigarettes

Current Projects:
    To Kill A King
    MizBiz vs IK - Gisela Showdown

Completed Projects:
    None

GP

Name
    Sister Ophelia/Aya Windgate
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Violet
    Build
    5'7"/ 118lb.

A T-rex huh? You have serious lung capacity XD. Maybe you should audition for a voice part in a movie or cartoon. It's not every actor who can voice a t-rex you know!

I can smile and sound like Pikachu... That's as talented as I get.

Carpetmuncher
    EXP: 1,354, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 646
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 646
    GP

Name
    Luc Kraus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5' 6'' 145 lbs

I'm awesome at being irreverent and annoying!
    Cold, jade eyes that liquify
    eyes that are merciless,
    staring in mute mockery
    and in mockery of the muteness

GP

Name
    Heller Rythadine
    Race
    Human Savant
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Fisher/Translator

Hmm, some similar hobbies on here... I too read and write philosophy, and recently started learning krav maga.

I also practice brazilian and japanese jiu-jitsu (independantly at present since I can't get to a good gym), and yoga, which makes me flexible enough to weird people out often as not.

Also I think someone mentioned singing... I used to sing and act at a proffesional level, but kinda left those things behind... still, I love jamming with anyone who plays an instrument, and today I got on stage during a piece of forum theatre and apparently, outclassed the company

Oh, and I recently started smoking, which is actually more of a hobby than a habit for me.

GP

Name
    Kenneth "Daddy" Xenohart
    Race
    Undead - Skeleton
    Eye Color
    Empty eye sockets.
    Build
    6'5"/40 lbs.
    Job
    Father.

I practice martial arts also. I've trained in Karate, Judo and Taekwondo as well as the sword martial art Kendo. I train daily at my college here and am also a bodybuilder; My hobby is lifting heavy things! Yay.

I write too, of course. I used to bounce around role playing forums but honestly it never appealed to me, but I think that's only because I didn't find the right site. I tend to write in journals, things such as poems and stories (which rarely get finished).

Collecting katanas is also fun for me. I have about eight back at home, of varying colors and quality. I like to look at them and swing them, I used to want to be a Samurai as an aspirational child.

Task mentioned drinking earlier. I will take your challenge! My tolerance is unnaturally excellent. I always find myself only buzzed when my friends are keeled over the bathroom toilets.

Memento Mori
    EXP: 53,567, Level: 9
    Level completed: 96%, EXP required for next level: 433
    Level completed: 96%,
    EXP required for next level: 433
    GP

Name
    Witchblade
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black, like her soul
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    5'9 / 130lbs
    Job
    Murderer

Unusual hobby or interest, huh?

Well, I'm a paranormal investigator and am currently working on setting up my own group and recruiting people to join it. My co-found and I are still working on our group's name and once we get the people who are interested signed up and having filled out all the necessary waiver forms (you'd be amazed at the legal issues for starting your own paranormal team) we're going to start getting into some serious investigations. I already have two I'm working on. One is dependant around when the homeown is free, the other is a business, so it might be a little harder to get in with them, but we have our contacts.

Other than that, I like collecting sharp, pointy things, I love writing and I'm also into photography.
    Do you ever Feel like a Monster?

Do you dare to read The Diary of the Dead

Have you seen my Hollow Daydreams
    Or listened to this Serenade of Haunting Voices
    Pray for The Heart I Once Had
    Then grant A Rose For The Dead'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast