Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

A bad day; a warm brew.

It had been a bad day for Andhaka Adiir, a half human half wind elemental. Her childhood friends, now all grown, had no time or use for her, and seemed rather resentful that she hadn't the responsibility they had.

"It's not my fault I didn't get old and pregnant," she muttered to herself as she sipped on the warm liquid the waitress had brought her several minutes prior. The kind lady had warned her to let the ale cool, as it was served hot. Then she had come back not two minutes later to tell her to drink it while it was still warm. Conflicted lady. Andhaka had her own reasons for waiting, however, and she let it cool completely before beginning to sip the soothing liquid.

She wasn't particularly thirsty since she had been spending most of her time in gaseous form since her father died earlier that day. Oh yes, her father was now dead. She tipped her head back and let the liquid slide down into her stomach. She had never drunk before in all her 49 years, but she noticed that when great tragedy hit, many would hit the bars. Andhaka hadn't known what to do, so she came here. Hyper-active by nature, the brew was pleasantly calming, causing her too sink into her chair...farther and farther until she realized that she was going insubstancial. She pulled herself together again, a little embarrassed, and quickly pulling the shimmering bluish gas of hers that had fallen onto the ground back into herself and solid form. The gas would be invisible, if it did not glitter like it did, and she cursed her shiny form, not for the first time in her life.

She caught sight of herself in a reflective glass across the way. Her dusty brown hair was lifted slightly off of her, long and winding and never quite settling in one place. Her powder blue eyes had a gleam in them that was unnatural in them, as well as a soft redness on the cheeks of her translucently pale skin. Her clothing was odd in comparison to the others around her, minimal at best and of unspeakable fine material. So fine it had no weight at all, in fact. It was made of wind spirit matter, same as her body when she changed, and colored a shimmering blue. The top was nothing more than a bathing suit top and the bottoms a small skirt. It let her keep her decency, but that was all. The material, much like her hair, never settled, glittering and catching the light like a glint of a jewel. Her feet were bare, as they had always been and she wore no adornments.

Her eyes slid around to the people around her, covered with layer over layer of clothing. Even more than the villagers she grew up with. She shivered slightly as someone opened the door to the night's cool. Perhaps that was why...she ought to think of getting herself a traveling cloak. Yet, what was the point, she would lose it when she changed anyway?

Melancholy in mood and feeling a little tipsy, she raised her hand to get the attention of the waitress, who was already there and serving her a hot brew. It looked warm and inviting so she brought it to herself and took a big gulp.

Immediately her face evaporated, a combined effect of emotion and heat, followed by her chest and some of her waist. She dropped her cup to the side, trying to get the steaming liquid away from her while at the same time trying to pull herself back together. People had surely noticed now. The loud curse she had attempted to get out of her mouth as she shifted changed halfway through to a soft howl, like wind whistling through a small opening.

Indeed, it was a bad day.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

GP

Name
    Sir Galedeep Lycansbane
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Jet Black
    Eye Color
    Storm Grey
    Build
    195cm / 90kg
    Job
    Royal Guard

Galedeep sat, slouched into the shadows of the tavern, watching the crowd whilst he waited for a quote on his order from the Bazaar. Scanning the crowd over the lip of his tankard he sees the dullness of normalcy but a slight shine catches his attention out of the corner of his eye. Surely not he just didn't the girl on the other side pull part of her body back into her?

I haven't had enough to drink for this sort of thing

Watching her as she continues to drink a slight weariness of the world and its trappings is apparent in her eyes and for some reason her hair

Definitely haven't had enough to drink

As the night wears on she drinks more then suddenly appears to evaporate, he puts his mug down and stares in open astonishment

"Well that's not something you see everyday"

Gal walks over and sits opposite her, "Bad day?"
    Last edited by Galedeaap; 01-27-09 at 11:22 PM.

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Half Human, Half Elemental
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

As she is dealing with her predicament, a man approached her. She had managed to substantialize al of her lower parts and was working her way up her neck towards her head, but hadn't quite gotten there yet. It was easier since the heat source was now gone, but still difficult because of her emotions flaring. Frustration ran up and down her body like a living thing, almost over taking her, since she was still partially in wind-spirit form.

She held up her hand to the man in front of her signaling that she needed him to wait, while she brought her head back into it's physical form. As she became physical, anyone watching noticed that her missing parts first shimmered, then became a collected blueish steam then began to take form, eyes, nose, mouth, and then the rest filled itself in. She eyes first so she could see the man, and then her throat and nose and mouth for talking and breathing.

"Well, I can't say that I have had worse," the lines of her face began to harden and her hair was the last thing to form, still a cloud wafting above her head. "though I am sure someone has. I try not to complain." Her hair formed out of the mist, but was reluctant to lay down at her shoulders like it should, so she reached up and grabbed it, manually bringing it downward. Once it was pointed downward, it seemed to ground itself a bit and only moved around a little, though it still glittered somewhat.

"How was your day?" she asked, jovially.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

GP

Name
    Alisaar Keiran Slayn
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Red
    Build
    6'2"/175
    Job
    Sword-for-Hire

Standing near the fireplace, Alisaar Slayn watched with raised eyebrows at the strange woman's transformations. It was interesting and almost comical at the same time.

"I have not seen the like since..." he muttered to himself.

Running a hand through his hair, he took another drink from his cup, his fire red eyes watching as the woman was approached by a man. A soldier of some kind.

"I wonder..."

Setting the unfinished ale on the mantle of the fireplace, Slayn pushed himself off of the wall and made his way towards the table. Slipping his tail around his waist, he pulled on his cloak to better hide it. He found that most humans didn't react favorably when they know that they are talking to a demon...especially one that looks more human in appearance.

They think I've got something to hide. Heh. Don't we all.

Walking up to the table, he nodded politely to the soldier and then turned to speak to the woman.

"Pardon my abruptness, miss. If I may be so bold to ask....how did you do that?"
    "Fire burns, water drowns, wind blows and earth keeps you."

GP

Name
    Sir Galedeep Lycansbane
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Jet Black
    Eye Color
    Storm Grey
    Build
    195cm / 90kg
    Job
    Royal Guard

"Well all in all, not bad, but your ahhh little display there made it all the more interesting, what are you exactly?"

While he waited for a response another approached the table. As he sat Gal noticed that somethings was not quite human about this one. The slight bulge around the waist, the deep red of his eyes.

Looks like I'm not the only one intrigued by her disappearance, and there's more to this one that meets the eye, even if I don't have ones like his

Pushing himself back in his chair and turning his head to look at the newcomer, "Something catch your eye over here did it?"

GP

Name
    Alisaar Keiran Slayn
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Red
    Build
    6'2"/175
    Job
    Sword-for-Hire

Grinning mischievously, Slayn's wolfish canines flashed momentarily.

Isn't he a smart one. Can probably tell that I'm not exactly human. Let's see where this leads.

"Indeed, sir. Something very much involving the lady. You seem to be....an observant one. I'm sure you've noticed."

Slayn's eyes flickered for a second to the soldier's weapons and then back to look the soldier in the eye. The grin still on his face, he extended his hand.

"Where are my manners? My name is Alisaar Slayn. But please, just call me Slayn."

GP

Name
    Sir Galedeep Lycansbane
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Jet Black
    Eye Color
    Storm Grey
    Build
    195cm / 90kg
    Job
    Royal Guard

Galedeep watches this newcomer intently, noticing his eyes flicker to his swords

Hmmm, this ones cautious, definitely got something to hide, but he hasn't done anything yet so maybe he's just as interested as I am

"Well met Slayn, Sir Galedeep Lycansbane at your service" he says with an incline of his head. "Or if you prefer just call be Gal"

"And yes as you said, this lady appears to be just about as human as you are"

GP

Name
    Alisaar Keiran Slayn
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Red
    Build
    6'2"/175
    Job
    Sword-for-Hire

"About as human as I...?" Slayn chuckled lightly, as he dropped his ignored hand.

A bold one, this Sir Lycansbane. I shall have to keep my guard up.

"Well...appearances can be deceiving, Sir Gal. But I do not doubt what you say about the lady."

This man is no fool. But I must know what manner of being this woman is. So we shall play the game until I get the answers that I seek.

GP

Name
    Sir Galedeep Lycansbane
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Jet Black
    Eye Color
    Storm Grey
    Build
    195cm / 90kg
    Job
    Royal Guard

"Ahh I did not mean to be so rude, forgive me, I was just so ahh interested by yourself and the lady, allow me to cover the cost of the next round"
    Gal signals the barmaid to bring another round to the table and places the money onto her try.
    "And what profession would you be in then? It appears your an old hand with a blade" he says over the lip of his tankard as he nods toward the great claymore strapped to Slayn's back
    Last edited by Galedeaap; 01-27-09 at 06:10 PM.

GP

Name
    Alisaar Keiran Slayn
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Red
    Build
    6'2"/175
    Job
    Sword-for-Hire

"Think nothing of it." Slayn finally took a seat at the table, adjusting his sword ae he did so.

Interested...huh? I'll bet you'll be interest to know that there's a good chance that I could strangle with my tail before you reach your weapons. Hmph.

Keeping the emotions of his thoughts to himself, Slayn thanks him by taking a swig from the cup. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, a smile came to his face at the man's question.

"I am a warrior by birth," he spoke these words proudly, but shrugged indifferently as he finished his statement, "I am a hired sword by profession."

Long gone were the days when Slayn was among his own kind, but he still retained his demon-warrior's pride.

"And you, Sir Lycansbane? A soldier of some sort, I'm guessing?"

I wonder if you would know the difference between a warrior and a soldier.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast