Human
    Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job
    Wizard for hire, freelance alchemist, translator, navigator, and archivist

Raiaeran Missions Board

Foreword: All missions written by Caden Law. If you want to claim one on either side, post here first. All missions are effectively double-sided and may be co-opted between Resistance Fighters and Death Lords. How you go about this is entirely up to you, but it's first come first serve on everything: If a Xem'zund guy snags a mission, the Raiaeran guy has to talk to him about joining in and vice versa. Certain missions have requirements, be sure to read them. You may only claim one mission at any given time. Claims that are not acted back on the block after a week. Claims left to stagnate after a thread is started also go back on the block, about one month after the last post.

The Sanctifiers and The Corruptors
    With the Resistance Forces finally getting their act together, the Raiaerans move to sanctify as many parts of the region as they can. Sanctified land rejects the corrupting powers of Necromancy, making it more difficult for Xem'zund's armies to function there. At the same time, Xem'zund's Death Lords are moving to corrupt as much land as they can, to bolster the Necromancer's armies.
    - Requirements: Sanctifiers need some sort of sanctifying magic or power. The source is irrelevant. Corruptors need to be Death Lords who either have necromantic power on their own or have a necromancer NPC present with them. Demons are an acceptable substitute.

Strikeback Serenade: Dead Man's Dirge
    The Rangers and their allies are organizing strikes on several of Xem'zund' holdings throughout Raiaera. One of the largest is an attempt to build a new Obsidian Spire at Narenhad, the barren place formerly known as Valinatal. Whether through siege warfare, magical blitzkrieg or subterfuge, they have every intention of bringing the Spire down before it can be completed. At the same time, Xem'zund's Death Lords work to fortify their holdings and prepare the Spire for their master's ascension to demigodhood. Sacrifices must be made on all sides as the War for Narenhad heats up.
    - Requirements: None.

The Dark Tide: Anebrilith Claimed by Miehm
    The harbor city of Anebrilith has fallen on hard times since the beginningof the war. Almost constantly under some form of siege, whether by Xem'zund's forces on land or pirates and slave-traders at sea or the endless tide of refugees from one to the other. Your goal, for good or ill, is to infiltrate one of these groups and assassinate its leader.
    - Targets
    -- Remoras Trueshot: Refugee from Eluriand. Originally nothing but a manual laborer, this elf has risen to become a master demogogue among the refugees. His loyalties are impossible to divine, but he represents a danger to all: He could unite the refugees to resistance against the invaders, overthrow Anebrilith or lead them into enslavement, while the means of his assassination could set the stage for a total meltdown as the refugees panic and lose what little hope he's given them. His skill as a hedgemage is impressive, but his greatest protection is a bodyguard of fanatically loyal refugees. Possibly involved with Fedder Eislen.
    -- Fedder Eislen: Half-elven Captain of the August Lord, formerly a Raiaeran destroyer tasked with patrols and now head-ship of the Raieran Commerce Guild, a thinly veiled pirate coalition centered on trading refugees as slaves. Their biggest client to date is Alerar. Known for having a fake eye made of solid gold, as well as his formidable swordsmanship and skills with a bow. Possibly involved with Remoras Trueshot.
    -- Death Lord Roszen Kaverre: Technically human, formerly a Ranger initiate who awakened to his true calling as a necromancer when the Plague of Undeath took him. Roszen Kaverre is a formidable mage, one of the few confirmed Blackstaffs in Xem'zund's legions. Undead and loving it, Roszen is a patient minimalist trying to subdue Anebrilith with the smallest force he can manage. Most of his minions are demonic in nature, though he retains a bodyguard of Ancient Dead. His death could break the back of Xem'zund's efforts to take Anebrilith, if only for a little while...or it could serve as punishment for not taking the city sooner.

The Istien Resistance Claimed by Ariana
    Eluriand has fallen. What remains is a blasted urban wasteland, ransacked and littered with the rotting corpses of those not yet raised in the Necromancer's service. The only holdout left is old Istien University, preserved against months of grinding, starving siege by ancient enchantments of incredible power. Now, battered by the Necromancer's armies, those enchantments are slowly fading -- and with them, the food supply that's kept Istien going. Bolstered by what few refugees made it into the school when Eluriand finally broke, only a dozen or so Bladesingers remain, champions of the old school and bearers of its knowledge and power. Whether you choose to help them escape or murder them in cold blood as sacrifices to your dark lord...that's up to you.

Battleground: Galonan
    Galonan is a town just northwest of the Dead Lands that used to be Tembrethnil Forest. As the months have gone by, the town has become a hotbed for one of the most offense-oriented resistance movements, the Wanderers in Starlight. Here they gather to mount counterattacks and raids on Xem'zund's forces, and to prepare Sanctifiers for the holy work of cleansing the land of his plagues and corruption. Unfortunately for them, Xem'zund has had enough of the town being used as a base for the Raiaeran counteroffensive. He's sent an entire army to raze the town and annihilate everyone in it, and the Wanderers have every intention of making him pay for it. What follows will probably be one of the largest battles since the Fall of Eluriand...
    - Requirements: At least two players, preferably with one on either side. This is the largest battle of the FQ to not feature Xem'zund's direct participation. Raise hell with it. Read here if you need more information on the Wanderers in Starlight.
    - Suggested Secondary Objectives: Assassination of the leading Wanderer or Death Lord.

The Twisted Web of Shadows
    Ever since the very start of the war, there's been an unspoken assumption that Xem'zund has been working his fell magicks with the support of N'jal herself. His corpse cavaliers ride into battle on giant spiders, and more than a few of his spells bear the dark signs of that lost Thayne's power. Until now, no-one has had cause to doubt the obvious...and then came the rumors of spider-magi -- real spider-magi emerging from the Red Forest and the mountains bordering Alerar and Raiaera, attacking both the Resistance and Xem'zund's legions with equal disdain. Your mission is to find out why, and if possible, to stem the tide of a spider-mage attack.
    - Requirements: None for the resistance. Death Lords will require at least passing affiliation with an Archivist (assuming they aren't Archivists themselves). It's also suggested that Death Lords focus more on defeating a spider-mage incursion. It bears mention that, if you actually want to find out who Xem'zund's drawing power from, you might want to skim some of Sighter Tnailog's Featured Quest RPs in both the first chapter and Ye Olde Shoppe (specifically: The Cosmic Detour). It also bears mention that actual success is not a requirement to completing this quest.
    - Suggested Locations: The ruins of the original Obsidian Spire.

The Necrosition Hit Series
    Godhand Striker is killing off seven of Xem'zund's generals. Are you a bad enough dude to help Godhand Striker?
    - Special Carry-Over from Chapter Two
    -- Player-run mission
    --- Contact Godhand if you want to participate. Contact me if he's a dick.

The Legion of Light Series
    The Legion of Light rises in Raiaera, one of many nonaligned resistance movements, and certainly one of the brightest spots of hope left in this battered land. Do you have what it takes to join?
    - Special Carry-Over from Chapter Two
    -- Player-run mission
    --- Contact Flames of Hyperion for further details or for requests to join.

Alerar Missions
    To Be Determined

By Sword and Sorcery: The Hunt for...
    Special Mission: The assassination, attempted or successful, of either Xem'zund or Nalith Celiniel. This mission will be played as a battle, with its location and your involvement to be determined by the results of the above missions. Details will be revealed as the FQ progresses.
    - Requirements: At least some involvement in Chapter Three of the Raiaeran FQ will be required to participate in this battle. At least four of the above missions must be completed by a member of your faction in order to join in.
    - Rewards: To be announced.
    Last edited by Caden Law; 02-12-09 at 10:55 PM.
    RPs to Date
    Items or EXP listed until profile updates are made.

Stairway to Heaven - Complete.
    Into Yesterday - In Progress.

I'll take all three parts of Dark Tide.
    I'm not afraid of loving my enemies. Turning the other cheek. Blessing those that would curse me. I honestly want peace with you. But when you come against my country. When you come against my family, You try to destroy my people. I can't just stand by. There's no way that I can stand by. This time, I will not stand by.
    I am coming, and if I come, then pain is coming with me.
    I'm coming, and pain will be with me.

- Game On

Ariana
    GP
    Mark me down for This Istien Resistance.

GP

Name
    Badgrim
    Race
    Ork
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'0"/312 lbs

I'd like to pick up "The Sanctifiers and The Corruptors."

GP

Name
    Romis Heartsblood
    Race
    dragon

I'd like to take on Battleground: Galonan, helping the town. Does not matter to me who is leading the Death Lords and whatnot. Just post here to let Caden know you're gonna do it.

Also question! Can I put more than one of my PCs in this on the same side?
    Stella

Stella is a major NPC. She may NOT be used without my permission for any reason.

EXP: 23,049, Level: 6
    Level completed: 44%, EXP required for next level: 3,951
    Level completed: 44%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,951
    GP

Name
    stupid requirement

in case he doesn't post here, Mutant Lorenor will be for sure joining me on the Galonan battle

GP

Name
    Dino Asakura
    Race
    Nephilim
    Hair Color
    White and Purple
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'6/158

If possible i'd like to take on The Twisted Web of Shadows, as part of the resistance.

EXP: 2,308, Level: 2
    Level completed: 11%, EXP required for next level: 2,692
    Level completed: 11%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,692
    GP

Name
    Devonus
    Race
    Half Elf/ Vampire
    Hair Color
    Blond,close to white
    Eye Color
    Deep Blue
    Build
    Height: 6’2” Weight:210
    Job
    Vampire, Ex Druid/ranger

View Profile
    If its not to late I'd like to Take on the Sanctifiers and Curruptors. I'll actually be playing from the resistance side and will probably require the aid of cleric and one or two people to play the curruptors. PM with questions about my thoughts regarding this mission

GP

Name
    Baron Coin Serfaret
    Race
    Human/Risen Undead
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brilliant, brilliant green.
    Build
    5'11";170 lbs
    Job
    Baron/Ghost Fencer

If I can, I'd love to get in on Dead Man's Dirge.
    "The strangers in me are easily distracted. They are daydreamers, romantics. And therefore unreliable. They are often drunk and they don't always look out for each other. They pretend not to notice things. It always comes back to this business of drifting and I don't mean the way that clouds drift. The way shadows drift behind the sun. It's a geological thing, a tectonic shift. The drift is not so easily noticed, but the impact tends to be profound."